Los Zetas drug cartel seizes 2 U.S. Ranches in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Hannity cited Examiner.com report that falsely attributed quote to CRS. As Media Matters Deputy Research Director Simon Maloy noted, the Examiner.com article Hannity cited misattributed quotes from Rep. Lamar Smith's (R-TX) August 25 press release to CRS. In one instance, Examiner.com reporter Kimberly Dvorak altered a quote from President Obama to change its meaning, wrongly sourced it to the CRS, and falsely claimed it refuted Obama's August 22 radio address.

Hannity previously advanced myth that health care bills will cover undocumented immigrants

mediamatters.org...

You can't trust this article due to who wrote it. Kimberly Dvorak has already been called out for lying and miss quoting officals.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Its funny how when a U.S. boarder patrol agent shoots someone assaulting hi with rocks, all the mexicans call it an act of war. But if a cartel seizes some ranches on our side its cant be war, and we bend over for them. Or at least Obama bends over for them. Im almost tempted to join the national gaurd.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beholdblight

Think militia, not national guard.

The national guard has been federalized people. It is now just another wing of the military. It is no longer a state controlled force.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
When they shot the rancher here in AZ.
Common sense
says we have seized the ranch and will
walk threw it anytime they want.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Am I the only one freaking out here? Flags or no flags this should be on the front page of ATS.

These thugs obviously have no problem with virtually giving the U.S. the bird.

I'm so enraged. If the government won't help why oh why are the ranch owners not banding together and figuring out a way to blow these *&^&*^
up?

Is there something I'm not getting?

As long as your getting that none of this happening then you are golden.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
now . now let's not over react here. I'm sure these poor fellas just politely knocked on those ranchers door looking for work that americans won't do. And those evil discriminating land owners just over reacted.
And remember the words of our dear leader. Should these hard working young men take a break from all that ranch work "and step out for ice cream" please do not ask for any ID, as that may make the darlings uncomfortable.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This presents an enormous gain to drug cartels. If they have a secure place to cross the border, drugs and weapons will pour in by the truckload from this spot. This is exactly what they want and it looks like they got it. However, a while back, 60 minutes aired a video about the US needing to secure its borders. Since they are mainstream media, then I would guess that this latest incident supports the same propaganda. Since this story has yet to make it to any major news outlet, I think its safe to say its not a flase flag incident, and the drug cartels have seized a piece of property for their own malicious purposes.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
C'mon. Where is the FBI? Let's pull a Waco on them.
I mean, surely they are guilty of at least a misdemeanor....

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My question is, "Where are the Texas Militia Groups?" The Arizona Citizens Militia is now deployed in Pima County Arizona and are asking for donations for supplies, as you can read about here, by clicking on "Arizona Militia is active" www.threepercenter.org...,1426 It's a good read on what is really happening on our southern border.

To the OP: Thanks for sharing this story. I don't doubt that this story is true from what I've read on the above link. Sounds right in line with what is going on down there.

Godspeed to all of our Militia Groups. They are our last line of defense when the Federal Government will do nothing about the serious problems that are growing worse each day on our border.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

I've seen quite a few people blame the president on this one and are calling him weak. But, um...what happened to all that tough talk about..."This is going to be an EXTERMINATION!!! exclamation point!!! What happened to, "power to the people," and, "we're not going to let this happen on our soil?"

Those militia boys saw the movie "War of the Worlds" and spun the dialogue around as if they thought of it to sound cool. Now they're out two ranches without a chirp.

The problem here is, people have been reliant on the government for too long. Its not that I want to see blood, in fact, its better to always find a solution of peace, but, oops, your government failed there long ago. So now, we're fighting 2 useless wars in the Middle East, and meanwhile a portion of U.S. land just got acquisitioned by supposed "drug cartels." Wake up people. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

If we had opted for better government, if we had quit feeding the machine by our generous contributions of our voluntary slave-labor, and actually looked around once in awhile, we would have seen this coming long ago. And I want to remind you of something. The fact that this happened is no accident. The government wants you to beg for action so that you voluntarily lock yourselves inside, while you think they're actually locking the bad guys out. You're being played. The cartels are financed quite well, and where do you think their financing is coming from? Remember, they're bringing the drugs in. Which means that they have to have a certain amount of "inside help" to make this a possibility. And believe me when I say that the type of money that they're making indicates that they have help in high places on the "inside."

You're being played people. The worst part here is the fact that inevitably, there will be more fighting as a result of this, and we will lose good men and women to a well laid trap. This place is getting ready to burn.

Best of luck everyone

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
C'mon. Where is the FBI? Let's pull a Waco on them.
I mean, surely they are guilty of at least a misdemeanor....

They're nowhere to be found. Believe me when I say that this was a set-up, and probably by our own people.

I find it interesting that you brought up the Waco thing. They were quicker to jump on American citizens who had not broken any laws (proven), than people who intended to illegally occupy our borders while bringing in drugs. Gee, I thought that there was a "supposed" war on drugs...but, I guess that was just another lie as well. But, you can't have a war on drugs, without the drugs...RIGHT??? Wink wink. I hope that people got my point there.

We're getting played.

Namaste and Love

[edit on 24-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

The fact that this happened is no accident. The government wants you to beg for action so that you voluntarily lock yourselves inside, while you think they're actually locking the bad guys out. You're being played. The cartels are financed quite well, and where do you think their financing is coming from? Remember, they're bringing the drugs in. Which means that they have to have a certain amount of "inside help" to make this a possibility. And believe me when I say that the type of money that they're making indicates that they have help in high places on the "inside."

Quite true. But many don't believe this. Many believe this is a recent trend. Yet, I can go back to the mid 90's showing that are officials were aware of the Mexican cartels. Below is an article from 1995.

Now that the kingpins of the Cali cartel in Colombia have been arrested, Mexico’s drug traffickers have emerged as the most powerful in the Western Hemisphere—and they operate right along the U.S. border. What the Medellín and Cali cartels once were for U.S. drug warriors, the Tijuana, Chihuahua and Gulf cartels will now become: high-profile targets.

But Americans are about to learn that cracking down on the Mexican drug traffickers will be far more difficult than shutting down their Colombian counterparts. Not only are illicit drugs already among the most dynamic sectors of the ailing Mexican economy, beating even oil as a source of hard currency, but traffickers from the three major cartels have formed strategic alliances with power brokers in the country’s Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI.

www.worldpolicy.newschool.edu...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Why did the Germans invade Rome when Rome no longer wanted to expand?

It's intimidation. Who has the biggest [SNIP] in a [SNIP] waving contest.

Do not question barbarians, those men of war and lawlessness. Only kill them.

Mod Edit: Removed profanity.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So it looks like Texas now has two traitors in their State
Bp in Houston and Zetas in Laredo.
Maybe more then there is that group of leaders on the hill.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Well this story is from feb 2009 and it states:

Hundreds Arrested in Cross-Country Campaign Against Drug Cartel ...DEA Acting Administrator Michele M. Leonhart concluded that "we have disrupted this cartel's domestic operations." Federal and state narcotics-related charges have been unsealed against associates of the Sinaloa Cartel in California, Minnesota and Maryland. But the cartel's influence stretches even farther. Other organizations with ties to those cases have been busted by authorities in parts of Minnesota, New York, Arizona, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Texas...

This means that the cartels are and have been on US soil for a while now. They are been dealt with just like any other organized criminals and by this I mean that they get away with what they can afford to put up as bribes. No different than the mob or any other criminal organization.

I think someone wants the militias to react so that they can be dealt with.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne

((snip)) I am furious....

www .examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You almost know what it's like to be an Iraqi or Afghani..

US govt is always suggesting others follow Americas example.. so the zetas chose the bush doctrine of illegal occupation of foreign soil to defend their interests... lol

You know what this post looks like to the rest of the world?.. WHINING, we can dish out occupations... then weep like spoiled babies at a small taste of our own medicine.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yep, I understand. Many have a hard time coming to this sort of a conclusion about what is really happening.

Even if this incident isn't exactly what the story claims it to be, the fact that the cartels are there and have been there, says something about the cooperation between them and both governments. Otherwise, we would have eradicated them.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Obama cares more about securing the latin vote than he does securing any borders...
He will lose a lot of those votes doing anything about this since they seem to think south of the border that they are entitled to be here illegally (some of them) and also recieve free handouts...free healthcare, and now---Free land and ranches!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Los Zetas are already being fought by just about every other drug organization in Mexico.
Why would they even want to add a more powerful enemy with everything they are facing in Mexico?

This would be true if we had a President with a back bone. BO figures, well, it's only 2 ranches and the owners don't really have a right to keep it from the cartel. So? Anyone up for another round of golf?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ahh Zetas
The new Plantation Owners in the South.
Import Mules Run Drugs.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join