It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Zetas drug cartel seizes 2 U.S. Ranches in Texas

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Pretty much debunked, I agree. The following is from Patriot Resistance

It appears as if the information regarding the seizure of two Texas ranches (and "safe evacuation" of the respective families) by the Mexican drug cartel, Los Zetas, in Laredo were inaccurate, and I apologize for my part in spreading untrue rumors and for perpetuating a hoax. We must report accurate information and hold ourselves to a higher standard, or we are as guilty as they. While the siezure of the ranches may be inaccurate, we must be vigilant and demand that our borders be secure for the safety and well-being of all Americans.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO
Pretty much debunked, I agree. The following is from Patriot Resistance

It appears as if the information regarding the seizure of two Texas ranches (and "safe evacuation" of the respective families) by the Mexican drug cartel, Los Zetas, in Laredo were inaccurate, and I apologize for my part in spreading untrue rumors and for perpetuating a hoax. We must report accurate information and hold ourselves to a higher standard, or we are as guilty as they. While the siezure of the ranches may be inaccurate, we must be vigilant and demand that our borders be secure for the safety and well-being of all Americans.

The above is, indeed, listed on the site!! I am still waiting to see if this is definitely debunked......Hey, now days, in the US, you just never fricking know!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I find it not only odd but infuriating that the US Gov can properly secure area 51 one with very high tech gadgets 24/7/365 yet our borders are being violated and us soil being claimed by unlawful individuals from another country. I did the math for the US/Mexico border and found that a detachment of approximately 1,500,000 service members could be utilized to protect the boarder by being station upon it. by segmenting the US boarder into 8 segments of about 243 miles per segment you would need about 185,185 detached per segment which equals about 10 service members for every 100ft increment per mile, meaning each individual would be responsible for 10 ft.

Now for some more numbers.
Military age is 17–45 years old , U.S. Citizens Available for
military service 72,715,332 males, age 18–49(2008 est.) and 71,638,785 females, age 18–49 (2008 est.). And those Fit for military service 59,413,358 males, age 18–49(2008 est.), 59,187,183 females, age 18–49 (2008 est.). Reaching military age annually 2,186,440 males (2008 est.), and 2,079,688 females (2008 est.). The U.S. armed forces as of 2008 was listed at 1,473,900 active, 1,458,500 Reserve, 453,00 Paramilitary with a total of 3,385,400. That is approximately 10.9 per 1000 US citizens and 4.8 active per 1000 US citizens.

Given this information it is well within reason to station our armed forces along our southern boarder to properly protect it. And given local militia assistance the strain on the service members can be alleviated for rotational duty.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by LurkingSleipner]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

“We consider this an act of war,” said one police officer on the ground near the scene.

Well, sure. A local cop thinks it's an "act of war." That's something local law enforcement can decide.

If it's an "act of war," I guess the local police need to get out of there and let the National Guard handle it. So where exactly is Rick Perry?

There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity.

And there's a local "news blackout." Of course there is. The lack of confirmation couldn't be that it isn't actually happening - it MUST be a blackout.

Take it all with a grain of salt, people: www.diggersrealm.com...

It's been "confirmed" by a "Minuteman" source - not exactly ironclad. And the other "confirmation" is this article where the author is such a paragon of journalist integrity she uses slanted phrases like "blood thirsty cartels", "the violence south of the border continues to spin out of control" and comments that "This journalist questions if this was a Middle Eastern terrorist attack if the media would sit on their hands."

So, even though she violates the rules of journalism - just the facts (who, what, where, when, why) with no spin or judgment - she still calls herself a "journalist."

But, no, feel free to run with this one.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So, can this be moved to the "Hoaxes" forum now?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Could this be the act of terrorism that saves Obama? Perhaps his kind-heartedness towards the immigrants is just a facade, laying the way to prime the masses for the iron fist to drop the hammer when his graceful demeanor has been taken for granted?

[edit on 7/24/2010 by abecedarian]

Are Mexicans going to be the Jews of the American 4th Reich?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

It has been my belief that our wonderful government has been in cahoots with major drug cartels to keep the flow of drugs coming into amerika for many years.It is big buisiness for black ops, since money can be easily hidden from congress.I am sick to my stomach about this and feel like less proud to be an american.This government is a sham and they arent here to serve us americans.It's buisness as usual and we are to keep watching TV and keep our mouths shut.I haven't had cable TV for over a year now and feel less distracted.
Ask yourself, why haven't the borders been adressed? They have a vested interest in the drug flow continuing.It will only get worse and not being reported in the MSM. Go back to work and earn those tax dollars for the corrupt.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This story is ridiculous. Cartels wouldn't seize a ranch, they would by it outright like the rest of us. Sure there going to draw an army to the border....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Any time a "news article" doesn't cite the source other than anonymous, it should always be treated as rumor... This is not news. This is rumor mongering...

There are dumbasses who will take this a step further and start rolling down to Texas based on a rumor. They're just going to get someone killed to serve their personal agenda...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Guys this is a Hoax Here is the proof.

alarmandmuster.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yep...not only debunked but never really bunked. Just another blog rumor the idiot media picked up without vetting. When will we ever learn...when will we ever learn~~~~

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Yep...not only debunked but never really bunked. Just another blog rumor the idiot media picked up without vetting. When will we ever learn...when will we ever learn~~~~

Weird...the "Main Stream Media" doesn't run with this stuff. It's almost like you should be suspicious of any story that includes the term "news blackout." They're essentially telling you "Uh, don't bother looking for confirmation."

Do a quick Google search for this topic so you'll know what sources to avoid in the future. They're pretty much what you expect.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
While this may be a hoax there is undeniable proof that these gangs are a threat to national security. They continue to smuggle drugs, humans, and weapons into America, that in turn will make them more money than you could imagine.

We aren't dealing with low level crooks here, this is a multi-billion dollar industry. Few gangs could say they are worth billions, these guys can. They could easily put American allies in their pockets, they could easily afford American grade weapons, and they can easily spiral our of control.

So even if this story is a hoax, I'm sure there are many stories that we aren't hearing about.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Blah blah blah Your needs your problems your cause my pain my suffering my solution, do it yourslef for once, the government needs to get there heads out of a place it shouldnt be and use common sense.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Um, already been covered on MSM and idenitified as a HOAX. Why was this piffle allowed to go on for nine pages? I hope at least the people who were so ready to swallow this crap and blame any and everyone they don't like will learn a lesson. Oh, learn, yeah, that'll happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Weird...the "Main Stream Media" doesn't run with this stuff. It's almost like you should be suspicious of any story that includes the term "news blackout." They're essentially telling you "Uh, don't bother looking for confirmation."

Yea, debunked on Rachel Maddow, whom is so well loved here. Another idiot right-wing blog FEAR MONGERING piece turned into news on Hannity.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sorry

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Champagne]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by staver
Um, already been covered on MSM and idenitified as a HOAX. Why was this piffle allowed to go on for nine pages? I hope at least the people who were so ready to swallow this crap and blame any and everyone they don't like will learn a lesson. Oh, learn, yeah, that'll happen.

Let's see...................ummmmmmm, because people like you keep replying?!?!?!??

If people wouild dare to read the entire thread, they would know this has been debunked, for crying out loud!!

For those that want it removed??? Just quit reading the dam thing!! AND, replying to it!! Geesh.......talk about being "THICK"!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
ISNT FUNNY THAT A LOT OF ' FUNNY ' STUFF HAPPEND IN USA WITH 8 YEARS OF GEORGE BUSH ON THE PRESIDENCY????? WELL WHAT WILL U THINK WITH 12 YEARS OF RICK PERRY AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS????

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join