It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iran says it has 100 vessels to confront each US warship

page: 8
15
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then
 


reply to post by nite owl
 


Oh come on people.

Do you seriously think they would go into combat action all stacked up all nice and neatly together like that?




posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
reply to post by Ben81
 

Alot of ppl see the 100 to 1 ratio number and think its a joke.
It might not be a joke, but it also may mean very small boats.
During WW2 the US used PT boats, and they were very effective.
A PT boat is harder to hit because it is small.
A PT boat made of non radar reflective material will not show up
on radar.
A PT boat can carry just a heavy machine gun, and a cpl of torpedoes
and still sink a very large ship.


In WW2, there were no effective air-to-sea guided missiles. And US radar & infrared systems are quite effective.

These boats will be detected and if they are hostile they would be very vulnerable targets for attack helicopters and aircraft.

The effective attack range for those boats (torpedo distance) is much closer than the attack range of the aircraft sent to destroy them.



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
Those gigantic cargo ships that bring you a lot of the goods
you buy ARE a blue water navy.

They could carry the entire chinese army right into long beach and
no one would be any wiser for it til it was too late.

Wake the hell up.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]


No. Stop exaggerating. If your supposed theory is what will happen we are talking no way near enough troops to invade an entire country.

No fully developed country can be invaded in this day and age due to the speed of information we have. It would be suicide on the aggressors part.


Have you seen the size of one of the PANAMAX cargo ships ?

www.chinapost.com.tw...

Those "little boxes" are tractor trailer containers that are pulled
by semis here on US highways.

In the photo stacked 7 deep, 18 long, 17 wide = 2,100+

They have over 100 of these ships.

So ONE haul could dump 210,000+ of these trailers in one go.

If they move them from the containers to the warehouses
they could probably do this a cpl of times.

If they have cisco routers with counterfeit chinese chips in the
pentagon they can just shutdown our military networks.

www.nytimes.com...

So I want you to provide some evidence that proves this wrong.

Otherwise you have no factual basis for your statements.



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
See my sig.




Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by jonny2410

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
Those gigantic cargo ships that bring you a lot of the goods
you buy ARE a blue water navy.

They could carry the entire chinese army right into long beach and
no one would be any wiser for it til it was too late.

Wake the hell up.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]


No. Stop exaggerating. If your supposed theory is what will happen we are talking no way near enough troops to invade an entire country.

No fully developed country can be invaded in this day and age due to the speed of information we have. It would be suicide on the aggressors part.


Have you seen the size of one of the PANAMAX cargo ships ?

www.chinapost.com.tw...

Those "little boxes" are tractor trailer containers that are pulled
by semis here on US highways.

In the photo stacked 7 deep, 18 long, 17 wide = 2,100+

They have over 100 of these ships.

So ONE haul could dump 210,000+ of these trailers in one go.

If they move them from the containers to the warehouses
they could probably do this a cpl of times.

If they have cisco routers with counterfeit chinese chips in the
pentagon they can just shutdown our military networks.

www.nytimes.com...

So I want you to provide some evidence that proves this wrong.

Otherwise you have no factual basis for your statements.








posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
 


This video may help the situation. www.youtube.com... the link does not work.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by nite owl]



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ok signs are really overwhelming


i think my 800 watt power suply from my principal PC have fried :S
never before hardwares from this PC crashed (10 fans inside)
i now write on my second very less powerfull PC
sooooooo sloww lol
and in less than 48 hrs i will have a operation on my eyelid
been a long long time since i have been to a hospital ..

and now all the bad internationnal news ...will it stop ...
will my principal PC rise again ? lol
will everything go correctly with my operation?
many things happening at the same time ... strange

so many question to answer
...
so many surprises can happen at any moment...

will be back after my big PC works again
cant stand the one im on now


there is news that SK and USA just started their wargames ???

and there it begin ...NK might do nothing or do everything because of this drill .. we will see



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech
 


Been there, done that.

MOD NOTE: Sorry if I break some sort of rule. Just tell me and I'll rip it down.

Anywho, yea. Been there done that.





And it did not end well....





But hey, we won in the end. Damn commies.






reply to post by nite owl
 


That's nice, point?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Gorman91]



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by nite owl
 


Nie sir, not even a nuke could stop it.



Also that post is from 2008?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Gorman91]
AS i was saying. yes a nuke blast close enough could take down all the ships of U.S.A, if went into battle with the ships that close together. NOTICE, in the video the ship rolls on its side. Even todays ships would roll on thier side if a nuke blast was close enough to the ships. I agree slayer, i too do not think U.S.A would do that. I only retorted on the pic i saw. www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by nite owl]



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl
 


I did not see one flip over. And that would still be one. One ship from a half century ago. Today they have a crap ton of systems from gyroscopes to God knows what to keep them afloat. And yea, an aircraft carrier would not by sheer mass.

But your point is null none the less.



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What if they had this. www.youtube.com... . EDIT video don't work.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by nite owl]



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


I'm sorry, which bit about overlapping distruction from multiple warheads did you not get?

The destruction will fall off to the inverse square... Or big boom in one place is a waste, over lap the booms and you have a win.

Don't insult your own intelligence by posting pictures of might and then questioning the responses



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


I'm sorry, which bit about overlapping distruction from multiple warheads did you not get?

The destruction will fall off to the inverse square... Or big boom in one place is a waste, over lap the booms and you have a win.


Oh I got it. I'm well aware of American firepower.
Trust me we wouldn't do that to Iran unless they really REALLY pissed off Mr Kowtow, I mean President Obama.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by SLAYER69]



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


Oh dumb pretty American's... Honestly please stop asking for it


Edit: we all know the loud mouth gets showen up some how and somewhere - let's not make that growing pain give all the kids cancer.



[edit on 24/7/2010 by Now_Then]



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


Oh dumb pretty American's... Honestly please stop asking for it


Edit: we all know the loud mouth gets showen up some how and somewhere - let's not make that growing pain give all the kids cancer.


Pretty American???


OK Sunshine...
I've been called worse.

I don't know, you seem to be the one who has his yap wide open here. Growing pain? I'm all growed up with have facial hair and some of them are even Grey.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Have a great day.
PEACE
Slay

[edit on 24-7-2010 by SLAYER69]



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Pretty American???


OK Sunshine...
I've been called worse.
.............
Growing pain? I'm all growed up with have facial hair and some of them are even Grey.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Have a great day.
PEACE
Slay


Growing pains referring to the fact you are a young nation with power thrust upon you... Sorta like a puppy with radar and food, and food finding radar... Puppy want's to fight, it's born into puppy.

I've served beer in pubs older than your entire nation - nothing will change that.

Growing pains, only we all get them.



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It isnt how long your country has been in power compared to the past.......think about it about it ace.....




Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Pretty American???


OK Sunshine...
I've been called worse.
.............
Growing pain? I'm all growed up with have facial hair and some of them are even Grey.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Have a great day.
PEACE
Slay


Growing pains referring to the fact you are a young nation with power thrust upon you... Sorta like a puppy with radar and food, and food finding radar... Puppy want's to fight, it's born into puppy.

I've served beer in pubs older than your entire nation - nothing will change that.

Growing pains, only we all get them.



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The threat from mass speed boat attacks from Iran shouldn't be poo-pooed. I hear some here trying to minimize the threat, that would be a mistake. While it isn't a true navy vs. navy fight, it still presents problems that will need to be addressed.



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ummm no not really. Not really at all. I will need to see some proof on that. US has those threats countermeasured in EVERY way including laser if need be.

Come again son.


Originally posted by pavil
The threat from mass speed boat attacks from Iran shouldn't be poo-pooed. I hear some here trying to minimize the threat, that would be a mistake. While it isn't a true navy vs. navy fight, it still presents problems that will need to be addressed.



posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


i advice you .. in any wars
dont underestimate/surestimate any sides....

Irak and afghanistan .. are still at war with US
the diference with NK and Iran is they CANT be occupied
even with a draft ...
they will have to destroy most of both countries to win this ...
NK/Iran have powerfull allies in china and russia

if you beleive US with its allies have a chance to win those 2 futur wars ... you are wrong



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Bull, we are not Iran is not looking for a fight, Al Khaida and other terror groups are, and they don't have enough money to have 100 for every one we have. Even if they did we still have better tech than them. I'm saying this to probably reassure myself more than anyone else



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join