It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has 100 vessels to confront each US warship

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

its actualy a thousand of speedboats against the war fleet

the title is 100 speedboats for each warships
how many warships are positionned near Iran .. ? a lot
so its 100 x 10 = 1000 to be swarming those warships
its like 1000 davids against 10 goliaths

I doubt the number is that high, but it is still a significant amount of fast boats to worry about.

I am also sure one of the first salvo's of the war would be the USN and USAF totally destroying any harbors that the Iranian Navy would use. You can't spread out those fast boats with munitions on them too far. The Air power will use the "sink first ask questions later" when it comes upon any small vessel in the area. If I were an Iranian fishing boat, I would not leave port.

Iran will get one chance to use their boats, none of them will be coming back to port. Not that there will be a port to come back to. Most of the speedboats Iran has look like they have a mounted machine gun and some sort of small small rocket/mortar launcher. Those won't be real threats, its the ones with torpedoes and real missiles that the USN will have to worry about. Also those boats laying random mine will be an issue. Once detected at a distance, such small boats have to run a huge gauntlet of attacks to get in range to attack a USN ship.

Properly detected, small fast boats will not pose much of a problem. At the same time you can't just totally discount their threat should some get close enough to the fleet. Like I said, there is a reason why CBG's operate far from enemy shores.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

The thing is, We do care about the human lives lost. It is not the same with the foes we are engaged with in the ME. Life means nothing to them only the end result. Total and complete subjugation of the entire planet under Islam. Your opinions and cares would men absolutely NOTHING to them. They would decapitate you in a heart beat and go eat lunch. Bleeding hearts have their place but in a situation like this they are an impediment and largely unheeded!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Inflatable zodiac boats do not count as warships. Or do they?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Very true.

But ATS and its members have no authority, just opinions. It doesn't matter who knows what or who cares. Because it wont change anything within reality. The show will go on.

Very well put.

In the meantime all sides of the debate should realize that propaganda is rampant be it sourced in Western MSM or Tehran.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
removed by me

[edit on 25/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

He did not say everyone should. Don't pull out a straw man fallacy.

He said while you're busy hating, he's learning.

Hatred kills. Learning saves. Enjoy extinction.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

And if you notice before, or while, you were commenting I thought better of it.

By the way your analysis of the original sentence is completely wrong. What ever was intended was not what was said.

[edit on 25/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

The thing is, We do care about the human lives lost. It is not the same with the foes we are engaged with in the ME. Life means nothing to them only the end result. Total and complete subjugation of the entire planet under Islam. Your opinions and cares would men absolutely NOTHING to them. They would decapitate you in a heart beat and go eat lunch. Bleeding hearts have their place but in a situation like this they are an impediment and largely unheeded!

Zindo

I guess there is really no other option but to agree on this. Its a really scary thought though... the reason I came checking this thread was because I figured it would be up to date on the "status quo", it was a bit unnerving to see the discussion going into the direction of who is gonna pawn who...

Well to give my input NOBODY is gonna pawn NOBODY. in a situation like this there truly are no winners, just victims. Iran wont bow down no matter how badly they get beat up. And the US isn't gonna stop until they get what they want. If it really comes to a confrontation it'll be a case of when will they bargain a ceasefire

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well you conveniently deleted it.

So it is now null.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

That's the topic at hand.....Iranian fast attack boats vs. US Navy.

What did you expect to see in this thread?

This isn't a "wear you heart on your sleeve" discussion.

Its a tactical discussion.

Go look for a thread on the "Value of Human Life" if you want to discuss that topic.

I wasn't aware you (or anyone else for that matter) performed the task of Master of Ceremonies here at ATS. His comment was on topic, maybe not in the way the OP intended people to post but you're gonna get hit from all angles here at ATS.

Open your eyes.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
The "vessels" are canoes, no? Hahaha, I kid, I kid.

To add, it is perplexing that people in America would wish that this is true (implying that America's navy be defeated) and be happy about it.

Just an observation. It is not too perplexing when you consider in the US we have millions of families out of work, losing their homes, and facing total destruction of heir financial lives and meanwhile we spend billions of dollars killing people around the globe and destabilizing other countries to keep them under an imperialistic thumb.

All the while the people of said country have lost the ability, and their willpower in many cases, to exact change within the system. In other words, the people are realizing they are more like their governments prisoners rather than it owners.

I'm sure those that might hope for a failure would not want to see a single person get injured in such an event, but yearn for peace instead.

I hope our esteemed leaders realize this and reverse the trend. It is tearing the US asunder.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think a lot of you read the article wrong.

Iran set aside only 100 warships, not 100 warships multiplied by each US ship.

One apache helicopter could take out 100 boats in probably 10 minutes.

One fighter jet could probably do the same.

How do they expect to get past the helicopters and jets?

...anyone thinking Iran even stands a chance against the US has no clue what they are talking about.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The thing is, We do care about the human lives lost. It is not the same with the foes we are engaged with in the ME. Life means nothing to them only the end result. Total and complete subjugation of the entire planet under Islam.

Ah I see, is this the latest propaganda drive to dehumanise Iranians, Afghans and Iraqis so we can more readily accept them being bombed and killed and maimed in the name of natural resources is it?

Does not work on me, does not work on anybody with a brain.

"Total and complete subjugation of the entire planet under Islam" ?

What?

It's not nations of Islam, as I recall, who since 1945 have invaded, waged wars, sponsored coups, supported dictatorships and have funded terrorism globally and who have since 2001, invaded two countries and threaten to wage war on the third.

No, that's the US Military-Industrial complex and it's corporate elite, who have Presidents and administrations at their disposal and your tax money to play with.

Your opinions and cares would men absolutely NOTHING to them. They would decapitate you in a heart beat and go eat lunch. Bleeding hearts have their place but in a situation like this they are an impediment and largely unheeded!

Who are "They"? Are they Iranians or Muslims? Because I don't see there has been mass decapitations that then lead to the decapitators having lunch.

You've never met a Muslim or and Iranian have you? If you did, you must have scared yourself silly with all the Fear-mongering spoon-fed to you by the MSM and which you pass on very willingly and which you sustain through your own self-generated fear and lack of knowledge.

Fearmongers never have their place and in a situation like this they are most certainly an impediment and should go largely unheeded.

The Fearmongering of TPTB has worked on you well it seems.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
One apache helicopter could take out 100 boats in probably 10 minutes.

I think 100 moving targets is a bit much for a single Apache to be honest, yes they can engage multiple targets simultaneously with the guided weapons they can carry like the Hellfire's... But after they have been used (and I think they can carry 16) then the options are the cannon, maybe another machine gun in a pod and things like unguided flachettes and rockets.

It would be an awesome sight don't get me wrong, but 100 swarming fast moving craft? At least half would get past a single AH-64 I bet. (and do AH-64 operate off boats?? I'm not sure they do actually).

But that's why the defences are layered... One problem I can see is that fast moving water craft are actually going to be very hard to engage from fighter jets - the jets are moving far to quickly... I think a better solution may be to rig mini guns in helicopters like the EH101 merlin or I think the Americans call that the sea sprite? the Sub hunters any way - stuff that thing full of ammo and gatling style guns and it becomes a gun ship... Probably with a longer run time than an AH-64 also.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

Not all Canuks feel the way that way about our neighbors to the south. Most of us respect the American people. Maybe just not some of your politicians.

Btw, a lot of us do possess firearms and it is not as difficult as you are led to believe for us to obtain them legally.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hey there Ben81 thanks for the heads up, really enjoyed the thread! Heres hoping this all amounts to no aggression from either side. The stakes are too high IMO.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I wonder if you spent about $900 billion a year on defense [including black budgets] and lets say 200 or 300 billion goes to bases and deployment how much do you have left for R&D?.. Don't they have Proton colliders, Railguns or Scalar weapons yet?Isn't the industrial complex about to test these weapons like in Gulf war I or like the Spanish civil war in the 30's...If so Iran will be raped like there's no tomorrow...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Hey there Ben81 thanks for the heads up, really enjoyed the thread! Heres hoping this all amounts to no aggression from either side. The stakes are too high IMO.

in the age we live in today ...
violence is the only solution .. sadly
check my thread about the age of enlightment
you will love it

just to clarify to some comments
the title say
100 speedboats for each warship
not only 100 boat VS an entire US massive ships fleet
that would be suicide
im sure they have more than 100 ... thats for sure
logicaly speaking

top topics