It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMT Accused Of Ignoring Dying Woman Is Killed [NYC]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by DOADOA

EMT's get a "fat paycheck"?

Granted it's been more than a decade since I was an EMT but we were topping out at about $12/hour in the metro area I was in. Sure there were lots of OT opportunities. Most mandatory. But $12/hour to scrape brains off the road at 3:30AM isn't exactly making the big bucks.

I should add that for those who don't know or think that EMT's are some elite group or something the vast majority of them are just trade school kids and community college kids who for lack of better words lack a sense of direction in life. They are the bottom barrel grunts of the emergency response field. 99.99% of what they do is drive the ambulance and get coffee for the paramedics. EMT's sit through 150 or so classroom hours and about 10 hours in an ER observing. Nothing special. You have to be able to relay information back to the hospital and know how to follow instructions. The less you think as an EMT the better.

Paramedics are a different breed entirely. They're trained medical professionals. Many are ex-military.

EMT's though, I wouldnt trust most of them to help me move furniture.

Sure, because some literalist will call me out on it I have to say "not all EMT's are worthless and not all Paramedics are good" and blah blah qualifiers for the hypersensitive among us.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The only response that I could think of when reading this is GOOD!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
Karma, no karma. People in this thread need to tread lightly when vocalizing their love of someone getting meeting their end, it really does have a nasty way of coming around to biting you.

Just out of pure curiosity, of those who truly believed he deserved his death, how many of you believe in the death penalty?

Its not love for me just observation. There was a crime around here some time back. 5 involved 2 did the act 3 witnessed but kept quite and covered the actors. All three witnesses were eventually murdered in seperate cases. There was talk of another that was messed up for life. The two bad guys strangly are still alive, in and out of prison but still alive.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Right on..Karma can be fast or slow, short or long.

It can come it fits and spurts, or all at once - sometimes it comes as a couple of rounds pumped into your face, as this bloke discovered.

Shame there isn't instant Karma in all situations..if there was, these 'orrible' elites and leaders would definitely think twice before screwing the public.

But, they'll get theirs too. Sooner or later, in one form or another.

The multiverse craves balance. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Originally posted by mf_luder

Well said LadySkadi, and that also points to where he's from. You said NY, right? I'm honestly not surprised he ignored a dying woman. Fits right in there up in the NE, apparently.

Are you implying that people from NY are less likely to help in an emergency? On what are you basing this? And please don't offer up your own anecdotal story as your "evidence".

Actually, nothing against New Yorkers, but statistically you are far less likely to get help from a crowd of people than you are from 1 single person.

Researchers have found that a group of people always assumes someone else in the group is more qualified or has more information than they do, so they do not help, based on their feeling that it is already being handled by someone more qualified or with more information.

1 single person typically will not hesitate to help immediately.

It isn't New Yorkers per say. It is the "group mentality." It applies to watching someone get mugged, or raped, or beat up by a gang, or lying on the ground bleeding. One passerby will immediately step up to help, but a group of 20 will just look on and wait for someone else to make the first move.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
Karma, no karma. People in this thread need to tread lightly when vocalizing their love of someone getting meeting their end, it really does have a nasty way of coming around to biting you.

Just out of pure curiosity, of those who truly believed he deserved his death, how many of you believe in the death penalty?

I totally believe in the Death Penalty, but I think it should be administered personally. If any of my family were a victim of a violent crime that deserved the Death Penalty, I would not want some neutral third party person getting paid to do it in a sterile environment. I would want the right to do it myself, and for free, and in whatever manner I felt was equal to the crime committed.

I don't believe in "State-Sanctioned Murder." But I definitely believe in upclose and personal Justice!

If someone watched my wife and baby gasp for air for many, many minutes and struggle for life while onlookers gazed in amazement and then her life and the babies slowly slipped away in fear and despair at the cold callousness of this world. You better believe a very similar fate would await many of those that looked on. Trained to help or not.

A grieving husband and father having to hear about a situation like this, and having an outlook on life and religion and justice similar to mine, would never want the police to handle this situation. No Way! If anybody was arrested, I would be in court calling for mercy, and begging to put them back on the street where I could get my hands on them!!

[edit on 20-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

Evil doesn't have to be an action, it can also be a lack of action. Look at Nazi Germany: proportionally only a minority committed the crimes, but enough people just stood back and watched to allow such crimes to be committed unhindered.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
- Edmund Burke

[edit on 20-7-2010 by john_bmth]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

Disgraced EMT Fought Off 3 Assailants in NYC Brawl Before Being Killed

The disgraced medic who was fatally shot in a nightclub brawl had been standing over one of his assailants and punching him when a friend of the man he was pummeling opened fire, officials said yesterday.

The news came as The Post learned early this morning that three suspects were being questioned and the battle had been captured on video.

EMT Jason Green -- who was under investigation for allegedly refusing to help a dying woman -- had tried repeatedly to walk away before he was drawn into the fight, according to cops.

But his assailants would not let it drop, and, although outnumbered, Green gained the upper hand.

The melee started shortly after the 32-year-old medic and a friend had tried to get into Greenhouse, a popular nightclub in Manhattan's SoHo neighborhood, at about 5 a.m. Sunday. Bouncers turned them away because the pal was wearing shorts, officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Apparently, it had nothing to do with the accusations against him. What goes around, comes around.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by Dumbass
That is not Karma...

"In Indian beliefs, the karmic effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala"

Perhaps not, but according to the definition above, it comes pretty close...

So according to that theory that woman and baby probably received that painfull ending due to their Karma

You don't quite understand what "Karma" means in Buddhism, do you?

Experiencing bad karma in this lifetime is due to a culmination of what has happened in your previous lifetimes. Doing something bad this minute and experiencing something the next day is possible, but it's not really likely.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck
reply to post by DOADOA

How stupid are you? What use would I be in the medical field without my license? I wouldn't be able to help anyone. My head would be filled with knowledge that saves lives, but I wouldn't be able utilize it would I, genius?

And as for being filthy rich, if I wanted to make money I'd go into banking. Although I do hope to make a filthy amount of money, its not my primary goal. And if you knew the hell med students have to go through I think you'd agree we deserve some dough.

And if I do see you in hell, you will be the one praying. What can you possibly do to me in hell? Kill me? dumbass.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DrChuck]

look here doctor charles, your goal is to never "help" anyone. you provide them with a service and they pay you for it. you shove a few pills down their throat and charge them for every penny they have. if those pills don't work, go ahead and try other pills. heaven forbid them entering your workshop without first putting down a deposit for your "help" doctor charles.

what is your primary goal doctor charles? to help people? if you wanted to help anybody you'd do it for the sake of their interest not yours. the moment they start paying you under 100k a year you'd become a banker the next morning. so much for entering the practice to save lives eh doctor charles? you went through hell to memorize a shelf full ok books and play with dead bodies and you think you're entitled to the sweat and tears of us peasants. its not a mystery why they call your business a "practice." whats the matter doctor charles, you didn't get enough practice in school so you're using live people to practice on? if you don't get it right the first time can we at least get a refund? no, no we can't because we'd be charged double just for you to get it right the next time...hopefully.

oh you'll see me in hell doctor charles. thats the beauty of it, you're not going to die doctor charles but it will change you for the next few lifetime. you're going to be honest and tell people how you really feel about what you do and not take credit for the sympathy you do not feel. doctor charles.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck

Originally posted by DOADOA
im telling you, these medical people are not in it to help people, they just want that fat paycheck.

If you have such a big problem with these "medical people", why don't you get your smart little ass go to med school and heal yourself?

and become a blood sucking leech like you?

i can heal myself without spending most of my life memorizing and burying my face in a bunch of books. the next time i need a doctor i'll rattle the cage. and stop fornicating nurses in rooms with open wounds.

this is not off topic. we have here a doctor and he must justify why the likes of him let a pregnant women and her unborn baby die.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
I for one am glad he's dead. It's only fair that he got his just desserts, whether or not directly related to the pregnant woman dying.

You're trained on how to work to preserve human life and you show blatant disregard when someone collapses in front of you because you're "off?"

Come on.

I know of Soldiers who were on leave who helped people out of wrecked cars, helped random strangers in malls when they were choking to death and a host of other things.

But an EMT can't do something to help a woman having an asthma attack because he's on "lunch?"

Wow.

Again.

Karma - she'll get you.

Funny I read this story today, what a coincidence.

My dad, who's a PA, told me the other day he rushed to a kid who passed out at some park. Most likely due to the heat.

Now, he wasn't "equipped" with anything either, yet he helped and didn't run off or let someone else handle it. He actually helped the kid by giving him shade and keeping him cool. That's what you do when you're faced with situations like this, you do your best at the current moment.

After helping the kid and finally seeing the EMTs arrive, he said they pushed him out of the way and basically didn't give a rat's ass about what he did. Didn't care to ask him about the situation or the history behind what had happened during the whole time.

I really hope not all emergency techs are like this!

[edit on 20-7-2010 by LiQuiD_FuSioN]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I don't even know the guy but I'm willing to be those values you've attached to him are more a reflection of your prejudice towards the medical profession than that of his true character (!).

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why doesn't someone kill politicians who kill millions in wars for imaginary things & loot the treasury for trillions?

I guess it is just beyond people's mental scope & scale of operation.

If that started happening, you can bet politics would get cleaned up in a HURRY.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
im telling you, these medical people are not in it to help people, they just want that fat paycheck.

You are just beyond retarded in that statement. Do you know how much EMTs make on average in my state? 9 dollars an hour! I made more than that working a cash register for the home depot!

Nobody becomes an EMT "For the money" if they actually do research.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

How can he help people if he loses his license? Was it Star Trek that had the saying "The needs of the few do not outweigh the needs of many"?

You can help more people by not losing your certification/license. You can help almost no one if you do.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You get a star for that post because you are 100% right.

I essentially went to EMT school because I had no other direction and just by chance found one I loved.

And that's the feeling I got from most of the people I was trained with, they either hated their job and wanted to try something new which may or may not be advancing to paramedic OR they wanted to be a fire fighter.

You imagine all these things about EMTs but once you get there it's just a very dim reality about how little EMTs can do. We get about 8-12 hours in a hospital and then 8-12 hours in an ambulance and that's all the experience we are offered and will get (even if we ask for more) before we get thrown into the "real world" Where half our actual training becomes useless because they teach dozens of treatments and equipment that is out dated and we're essentially told "You won't ever do this"

And the stuff we need to know we are hardly tested on.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
dont americans have the nice tendency to sue each other when they get a chance?

i heard medics who dont help people on the streat in fear of law suits
if they broke a rib during CPR, law suit waiting to happen.

you can blame the greedy americans who sue over the smallest things for these issues that arrise.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
dont americans have the nice tendency to sue each other when they get a chance?

i heard medics who dont help people on the streat in fear of law suits
if they broke a rib during CPR, law suit waiting to happen.

you can blame the greedy americans who sue over the smallest things for these issues that arrise.

Sadly, there is some truth to that, but as I posted earlier. I would still save the life, because if they sued, I could always go and reverse my error and set things straight again! (It is much easier to make someone dead than it is to make someone alive, so error on the side of saving their life.)

By the way.....that was not sarcasm. -> Points at straight face

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LiQuiD_FuSioN

PA's are much better trained than EMTs (not that it matters for this kid). I can't say that those were bad EMTs.. but we're taught to get as much information as we can regarding an incident. Since your father was there, actually clinically trained they should have jumped on the chance to find out what he knew and saw so they could at least give it to whoever would treat him next. (And for the woman that this story is from, it's the least I would of done.)

But I think most would hear the word "Assistant" In a job title and instantly assume they are just someone who grabs coffee.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join