It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMT Accused Of Ignoring Dying Woman Is Killed [NYC]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

EMT Accused Of Ignoring Dying Woman Is Killed [NYC]

www.cbsnews.com

An emergency medical technician accused of refusing to help a dying pregnant woman while on his coffee break has been shot and killed near a New York City nightclub.

Police say Jason Green was shot in the face near Manhattan's Greenhouse club Sunday morning. Green was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. There have been no arrests.

Green and fellow EMT Melisa Jackson had been under criminal investigation for their handling of a distressed woman at a Brooklyn
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nydaily news.com

[edit on 19-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
These two EMTs were at a Brooklyn bakery when 25 year old pregnant woman collapsed from what turned out to be a deadly asthma attack. Apparently ignoring pleas for help, the EMTs told the bystanders to contact 911 and LEFT the bakery!

The woman and her (6 month) pre-maturely born baby both died.

I searched on "Jason Green" and according to other articles, police do not believe the shooting was related to his callous disregard of the dying woman, but to a brawl outside of the nightclub.

A gunman hopped out of a car and pumped two bullets into Jason Green, 32, moments after he and a pal were turned away by a bouncer at Greenhouse, police sources said.

Green's killing sparked rampant speculation within FDNY ranks that it was payback - and cops briefly sent a squad car to Jackson's family home in Queens.

Green and a pal got into a fight with another man - or group of men - after Greenhouse refused them entry.

All hell broke loose...

Well some may say that Karma is a real .....!

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I for one am glad he's dead. It's only fair that he got his just desserts, whether or not directly related to the pregnant woman dying.

You're trained on how to work to preserve human life and you show blatant disregard when someone collapses in front of you because you're "off?"

Come on.

I know of Soldiers who were on leave who helped people out of wrecked cars, helped random strangers in malls when they were choking to death and a host of other things.

But an EMT can't do something to help a woman having an asthma attack because he's on "lunch?"

Wow.

Again.

Karma - she'll get you.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wow! Ain't Karma a Be-yatch!?!? It's a shame that some of life's most valuable lessons are the hardest learned.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
That is not Karma...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Dumbass]

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Originally posted by mf_luder
I for one am glad he's dead.

Really or just spilt words? I hope for the latter!

Originally posted by mf_luder
Karma - she'll get you.

So true and when you get to understand the real idea behind karma you no longer take a glad heart in another persons demise too.

"You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think. The truth is that you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you think." ~ anon

[edit on 19-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Quote from the Wall Street Journal:

An attorney for the two, Douglas Rosenthal, had said the pair was assigned to a communication division and protocol prevented them from intervening because they were not properly equipped with medicine or gear to help the woman.

The Uniformed EMTs, Paramedics and Fire Inspectors union said at the time that all emergency-medical technicians, including dispatchers, are trained and compelled to respond to emergencies. (1)

What a waste of life...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sounds to me like some payback, If that was my wife/girlfriend, and baby a nightclub brawl sounds like a good way to exact some justice, and disappear in the mayhem.....Im just sayin...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
That is not Karma...

"In Indian beliefs, the karmic effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala"

Perhaps not, but according to the definition above, it comes pretty close...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

That is not Karma...

"In Indian beliefs, the karmic effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala"

Perhaps not, but according to the definition above, it comes pretty close...

So according to that theory that woman and baby probably received that painfull ending due to their Karma

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Wow. I cannot believe the disregard for humanity these days by people who have a duty to act!

If you think you deserve a lunch break, do not become an EMS responder in NY City!

Sheesh, they way people think these day is really concerning to say the least.

Oh yeah, Karma she keeps tabs for sure.

Last note; I would venture a guess that the incidents are connected, especially since there was a criminal investigation.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

An attorney for the two, Douglas Rosenthal, had said the pair was assigned to a communication division and protocol prevented them from intervening because they were not properly equipped with medicine or gear to help the woman.

The Uniformed EMTs, Paramedics and Fire Inspectors union said at the time that all emergency-medical technicians, including dispatchers, are trained and compelled to respond to emergencies. (1)

What a waste of life...

Even if they weren't equipped all this could have been a non-issue if they would have at least done SOMETHING. They could have called it in and at least stayed and acted like they were doing something.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Take whatever approach to the philosophy that you care to take -

What appears to have happened is that this dude's disregard for others has permeated his life (not just his job and that one incident) but his personal life and the way he interacts with others. Letting a woman dye. Brawling outside a club. His world got him killed. Always someone bigger, badder or more depraved than you - out there - he found that out.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Dumbass

Take whatever approach to the philosophy that you care to take -

What appears to have happened is that this dude's disregard for others has permeated his life (not just his job and that one incident) but his personal life and the way he interacts with others. Letting a woman dye. Brawling outside a club. His world got him killed. Always someone bigger, badder or more depraved than you - out there - he found that out.

Well said LadySkadi, and that also points to where he's from. You said NY, right? I'm honestly not surprised he ignored a dying woman. Fits right in there up in the NE, apparently.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

These two EMTs were at a Brooklyn bakery when 25 year old pregnant woman collapsed from what turned out to be a deadly asthma attack. Apparently ignoring pleas for help, the EMTs told the bystanders to contact 911 and LEFT the bakery!

The woman and her (6 month) pre-maturely born baby both died.

Well some may say that Karma is a real .....!

Yes Karma is a biotch and she has sisters !
Just baffles the mind.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If you want to point out a singularity in time and not connect past, future and present, you maybe right. But Karma is no singularity and should not be used as such. I'm just feeling bad about at least 3 lives wasted by this.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If you want to point out a singularity in time and not connect past, future and present, you maybe right. But Karma is no singularity and should not be used as such. I'm just feeling bad about at least 3 lives wasted by this.

I don't think Karma is a singularity and I do think that how you live and the choices you make are connected. I'm with you, I feel sad that lives were taken and I feel anger at the way certain lives were needlessly taken...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
reply to post by mf_luder

"You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think. The truth is that you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you think." ~ anon

[edit on 19-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

Bout as accurate as you can get in one phrase.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502

What a waste of life...

Even if they weren't equipped all this could have been a non-issue if they would have at least done SOMETHING. They could have called it in and at least stayed and acted like they were doing something.

Compelled to help.... Key line.

When the people you trust to be there when you need them fail you, what's next?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
Sounds to me like some payback, If that was my wife/girlfriend, and baby a nightclub brawl sounds like a good way to exact some justice, and disappear in the mayhem.....Im just sayin...

You may be right -

The gunman fled the scene at Van Dam and Hudson streets, police said. Detectives were investigating what sparked the argument. Mr. Green appeared to be the intended target of the shooter, police said. His friend was unharmed and was cooperating with detectives, police said. Police have not made any arrests. Greenhouse said in a statement that the "parties involved in the shooting were not patrons" and that it is cooperating with police. WSJ

Doesn't mean the two events are connected - Green could have just been a dude with an attitude (I guess that's obvious) and the shooting resulted from that - but who knows?

Shooter has yet to be found...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join