It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel declares Palestinian land a firing zone!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

Welcome to my ignore list.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
NeutronAvenger

The difference in this conflict, is that the aggressors have a History of whinging and moaning about how poorly they have been treated throughtout history.

Never forget, never again......... blah blah blah

You don't get to do that and not make yourselves a target for condemnation if you choose to be the bully later on down the line.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It boggles my mind to read so many uninform post on this subject. The so-called Palestinian people have never had a country - ever, never that is the fact. Like it or not facts are facts. This was British land at the end of WWII conquered, spoil of war. The newly formed UN at the end of WWII cut out a portion of land for a Jewish Homeland under British control. This is the the Modern State of Israel. At that time there was not a group of people who called themselves Palestinian, nor claimed the land as a homeland.

Now in 1967 and the 6 day war Israel is attacked by 5 Nations, the Golan Heights and Gaza are conqured land, spoil of War, proerty of Israel.
In 1994 Israel gives the Gaza Strip to the so-called Palestinian Authority
but do they want to live in peace - H__L NO.
The Problems of the so-called Palestinian People are of there own making.
Now, I will give in on this, Israel hits hard when they hit so it best to not give them a reason to strike.

In closing, Yes the common Man is the pawn of the Governments , everywhere. They are the ones that suffer so the so-called leaders stay safe and rake in the bounty, but that is everywhere not just Palestian.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Lionel

Welcome to my ignore list.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

you shouldnt ... its to easy for them after that
they hope many people do just that
we need to put them in their place
covering them with the real true things (facts)
we have to take every occasion we have when they speak
to debate with them ... and maybe just maybe ...
they will open their eyes and opose the israelis regime actions

we have no choice ... more than 3/4 in israel are like him ...
we know compared to them that we are better in good values
lets show them ... they can answer back

i know they think 1 jew worth more than 1000 arabs
many rabbi have told that
lets show them that 1 jew eguals anyone(1) (coming from any country)
who would think ther are superior to other ... ?

anyone noted a difference between ATS and CNN/JPOST ?
here we debate in respect .. if not... we are banned
and we can debate on many things THAT NEEDS QUESTIONNING
love ATS for that
go read any story especially ME related on CNN and JPOST many hatefull comments are posted by users with racial slur and not banned by anyone

so if any Pro-israeli guy wants to debate here ..ok
but bring the fact not the same lines(lies) netanyaouh have throw aways at Larry king live .. its always the same story .. hamas hamas hamas iran iran iran rocket in israel (99% of the time in open field with no damages)
count how many time bibi told that to Larry and other interview
make me sick ... same reasons nothing new denie everything that can critic them (critics at israel = antisemitic labellation)
hamas was elected by the people of gaza stop telling its a terrorist of i will tell IDF and Mossad are the real terrorist in the world

CAN ANYONE REPLY TO ME WITHOUT LYING PLZ
anyone from a pro-israeli side

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That sounds like Israeli policy toward Gaza. Last year they flooded many streets in Gaza 'by accident'. I remember watching the video. It would be a horrible act of kindness for Israel to let Gaza tap into their $4B natural gas offshore reserve and use it to rebuild their city.
Out of all that desert they have in Israel and they have to commandeer parts of Gaza for artillery pracatice? Then displace West Bank residents so they can occupy their land? Un-freakin-believable

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
If this article is true, and people are being moved off grazing land for nothing? That is quite disturbing, and a bad move by the Israeli government.

Allow me to take you through this one step at a time so you have a better understanding of the inhumanity that is being perpetrated here.

Yes it is true. They are not being moved off their grazing land. That is just too simplistic. They are being forced off their land and out of their homes. It is a bit more violent than 'being moved off grazing land'.

That sounds more like "Oh I say excuse me chaps, would you mind awfully just moving along please."

Contrast that to bulldozing their homes and forcing them out. Blowing up their wells. Israeli Water Policy in the Jordan Valley

Please go and read that article IN FULL and then come back here and see if you still have the same easy attitude to this.

This conflict has been rocked by propaganda and filled with smoking mirrors. It is not a black and white affair as some would like to make it out to be.

Really, perhaps you would enlighten us.

Israel invaded Gaza and the West Bank and is busy driving out the Palestinians by denying them basic rights and destroying their homes. Sounds pretty black and white to me.

The article appears to be an editorial? I did not see a current and official statement from the Prime Minister or the Israeli Government. The quote from the current Prime Minister being used in the article is from 2001.

And your point is? It may amaze and astound you but sometimes editorials contain valid information. What sort of statement would you like to see from the Israeli Government? Something along the lines of "Let the World take note that we are in the process of dispossessing Palestinians of their land and in the process we are treating them inhumanely. This is an official statement from the Israeli Government."

Get real will you!!!

Moreover, there was nothing said about this from Mahmoud Abbas and the Palestinian National Authority(PNA)? If this is as serious as it seems, why has the Palestinian leadership been so mum about it? This area would fall under the jurisdiction of the (PNA).

:shk: :bnghd: Bandying a few names does not indicate an understanding on your part.

As long as the families that are being relocated are adequately compensated for their loss and proper agreements have been made with Palestinian authorities for use of this land for military training; I see no problem.

Um I hereby compensate you with a bulldozer blade destroying your property.

Perhaps when you land back on planet Earth you will realise that this just is not going to happen. Here you have a regime knocking peoples homes because they do not have a building 'permit' on land belongs to the home owner from an occupying power which has no right or jurisdiction over these people.

If it is to be used as a military testing ground it is probably humane to give people ample notice to relocate to safe areas. That is what Israel has done, and some would call that callous? We are not clear about the inner-workings of this latest move in Israeli/Palestinian land disputes?

We are not clear????? Oh yes we are!!! It only affect Palestinians - go and read the article and the one I posted in this reply as well.

If Israel went in there with guns blazing regardless of the civilian inhabitants; the international community would be in an uproar.

It just may have escaped your rose tinted view that the International Community IS in uproar.

Lets not get bent out of shape over nothing.

NOTHING, NOTHING???? Please allow me to deny you water and electricity, and work and food and medicines and bulldoze your home and throw you off you land, not once but as many as nine times and then let me hear you say "It is nothing"

Both sides have been guilty of using barbarous means against the other. If is Israel is going to be judged for its actions, then so should the Palestinians. Where is the Palestinian leadership on this issue? There is more to this than meets the eye, and it is not all Israel.

There can be no response to such a statement as patently you have absolutely no appreciation of what has happened in the area. Please do not bother to come back to the thread until after you have read all the information. If you still feel the same after that then I shall be amazed but respect your point of view.

[edit on 17/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You have a point there.

Lionel will be reinstated.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

You have a point there.

i knew you would understand

nice find by the way
the truth need to be revealed
on whats going on in the ME

S&F

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

You have a point there.

Lionel made the point regarding Zionist Israel's behavior more strongly than anything any pro peace and justice poster on ATS ever could.

star to Ben 81
star to Puter Man

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

reply to post by Ben81

You have a point there.

Lionel made the point regarding Zionist Israel's behavior more strongly than anything any pro peace and justice poster on ATS ever could.

star to Ben 81
star to Puter Man

star to Danbones (not my first star to you ahah)

i know what you mean by thats
just another point that they have VERY digustings behavior
he just showed himself that he EXCUSE Israel criminals actions

even if we post thousand of reply concerning this ... it cannot match his inhuman words... thats the proof they are madly insane ..
3/4 in israel are just that....to approve and be happy of what the IDF did in Lebanon and Gaza or what they did to the flotilla raid

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
It boggles my mind to read so many uninform post on this subject. The so-called Palestinian people have never had a country - ever, never that is the fact. Like it or not facts are facts. This was British land at the end of WWII conquered, spoil of war.

It also boggles my mind. You are uninformed as well so perhaps you had better read your history first before spouting.

Mandate Palestine was a period in the history of the Middle East, roughly from 1917 until 14 May 1948, during which period Britain occupied and administered the region which in 1923 became the territory of the British Mandate for Palestine.

In 1917, during the First World War, Britain defeated the Ottoman Turkish forces and occupied and set up a military administration in Palestine and Syria.

Source

When you have a firmer grip on the history of the area perhaps you will be more prepared to discuss and we can tackle the rest of your post.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Excuse me, but your posts paint you as a terrible humanbeing. Your support of terrorists/jihadists is inexcusable. Grow up and realize that we don't live in your utopian dream. Human beings are territorial animals, yes animals. What is it with you "can't we all just get along" people? Human beings are apex preditors, nothing more, this enlightenment vision doesn't square with reality and incisors. Put down the granola, come out from behind the keyboard and revel in your true nature.

You aren't going to solve anything because there's nothing to solve. Human beings are what they are in all their forms, in all their actions, in all their behaviors. If your on a spiritual bent, then complain to Yawe, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad or the great turtle.
Stop trying to referee other societies, you'll only end up frustrated, depressed and on prozac.

Mods, ummm, this is purely ON TOPIC. We strive in vain for enlightenment, Gnosis or satori, always searching for some other truth just around the bend. While searching and striving, we forget to accept who and what we are. Truth is often found in the simplistic. We are aggressive apex preditors, trying to appear "civilized" and not comprehending that civilization is the construct and conflict the means of releasing the angst from living in too close proxcimity, tribe to tribe.

YouSir

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I am in agreement with you no such thing as Palestine. British controlled territory, part of the British empire. untill 1948. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Excuse me, but your posts paint you as a terrible humanbeing. Your support of terrorists/jihadists is inexcusable. Grow up and realize that we don't live in your utopian dream. Human beings are territorial animals, yes animals. What is it with you "can't we all just get along" people? Human beings are apex preditors, nothing more, this enlightenment vision doesn't square with reality and incisors. Put down the granola, come out from behind the keyboard and revel in your true nature.

I see so wanting everyone to get along makes me a terrible human being, wanting the end of murder makes me a terrible human being? Seriously now your criticism of such ideas proves you are nothing more than a hateful individual.

I also find it odd that you say i support the "lets geta long" ideal and at the same time you accuse me of supporting terrorists and jihadists, this is a direct contradiction. How you are able to use such a contradiction and not realise it suggests once again a terrible bias.

I don't support any death, i don't support jihadists, i simply disagree with a nation claiming they are merely defending their borders while actively expanding them as any invading nation would do.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Excuse me, but your posts paint you as a terrible humanbeing. Your support of terrorists/jihadists is inexcusable. Grow up and realize that we don't live in your utopian dream.

Now that is a wonderfully twisted piece of logic!

Let me see now, have I got this right?
  • Israel invades Palestinian lands
  • Israel tests the people of the occupied lands by treating them inhumanely.
  • The people so treated fight back
  • Because they use methods that are not 'western' they are terrorists
  • They declare jihad on their oppressors
  • ImaginaryReality1984 supports the right of these people to fight back against oppression
  • You call ImaginaryReality1984 a terrible human being.

Now that is just about the most illogical chain of events I have come across.

Read this and understand.

If Israel drew back to it's agreed 1967 boundaries this strife would not exist

This is not such a difficult concept to understand is it? Even the 1967 boundaries are not as restricted ans the original 1947 ones so Israel should be grateful.

Human beings are territorial animals, yes animals.

Regrettably I do have to agree with you on that point, and there is no harm in being territorial. Defence of territory is natural. Aggressive acquisition may also be natural but in a modern world it is no longer acceptable.

You aren't going to solve anything because there's nothing to solve.

This sort of attitude led to the rise of many an Empire to the detriment of the invaded peoples.

Stop trying to referee other societies, you'll only end up frustrated, depressed and on prozac.

You might friend, but I happen to consider that if we do not referee other societies we will suddenly find ourselves conquered. There has to be an acceptable modus operandi for all countries and there are just too many Governments that need to be controlled from excesses to stand by idly watching.

One such government is the Israeli Government and we should not stand idly by condoning the systematic destruction of another people by this government for no good reason other than sheer unadulterated land grabbing greed.

Edit to sort 'size' problem

[edit on 17/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I am in agreement with you no such thing as Palestine. British controlled territory, part of the British empire. untill 1948. Thank you.

I am so glad you agree since that also means that you agree that there was no such thing as Israel either.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
lets just give the whole middle east to switzerland and see how that goes for the next 20 years aside from shady bank transactions the swiss have done pretty well for them selves or hell give it to india or why not tibet Tibetans are a peaceful folk nothing will ever get solved in that region ever least with current rulers and policys in the area as for removing the jews from there homeland they will just nuke every one not saying its right but its what they will do regardless of what any of us think is right and wrong there reading and playing from a different play book

and just as a question whats the longest time there HAS been peace in that region from any time frame just curious as to see how long peace once lasted in that area if at all

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I am so glad you agree since that also means that you agree that there was no such thing as Israel either.

stars !!

if i was coming with 10 heavy guard knocking on your door
that you have 10 minute to get your familly out before i come in
and make your house .. my house
how would you feel ?

sadly i have see many video of Israel doing just this with the palestinian people .... and thats happening EACH days
if they dont ... they put excrement sewer on their garden
what people can do that ....

before 1947 israelis did come from poland and america ... quoted from Helen Thomas .... she is like 100 year old ... im sure she know more than many of us the real deal as a old reporter ...
do go to a country with hostile attentions if you really want to stay there

when somebody go to another country ... you respect ALL your neightboor
you dont throw them and their familly on the street from a house that suported the familly for many generation ....

ISRAELIS ACTIONS = Extremelly Racist

Israel have become ANTISEMITIC themself ... why ??... they are harming israel name and the reputation of all its peoples that they have no moral values... Israeli action make them look like REAL EVIL
how ...HOW cant this be good for Israel ...
many friendly people have turned extremist after being affected by the IDF in Gaza, Lebanon or the recent flotilla raid
i dont support any violent revenge but i understand their pain ...

so thats why the jewish peoples suporting all the recent IDF actions are antisemitic themself ...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Israel declares Palestinian land a firing zone!

Israel declares huge amounts of private Palestinian land as firing zones and expels the residents under the false and self-righteous guise of concern for their welfare, lest they be harmed by the military training; but these firing zones are always to be found solely on Palestinian land, and never on settlement land.

Source: Haartez

I realise that most on this forum are aware of what is happening as regards Gaza, but we do not very often hear about the West Bank - Jordan Valley.

I encourage you to go to the article and read all of it.

It made my blood boil. Here is a sample from further down the article:

There, far from view, Israel has been trying for several years to methodically remove Palestinian inhabitants from wide swaths of land. And in a week when the prime minister was making more promises about a "package of gestures" to the Palestinians, in order to curry favor in Washington, the Civil Administration bulldozers brutally destroyed several more encampments, leaving dozens of residents helpless and destitute under the open sky. But the Jordan Valley is far from the public eye and the public heart, and there Israel can do as it pleases.

I like to think, maybe naively, that the Israeli population on the whole is no different to us and would not wish this on the Palestinians. Others think I am wrong and that all the Israelis are tarred with the Zionist brush and I concede that this applies to the 'settlers'.

Why are we (the US and Europe) supporting a regime that can do this to people? Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of the territorial disputes over Palestine there is no good reason for treating any human being like this.

How would you or I like to be thrown our of our home, however meagre, and watch it and our few possessions bulldozed - destroyed - access to water denied etc - not once but.........

Nine times this family has had its home destroyed. We sit in silence and gaze out at the valley. It could be so beautiful, if not for the ugliness of the expulsion.

Before replying to this thread I ask you to think about this and to consider what we as individuals can do for it is certain that our governments will not.

You should worry about what will soon happen to your own little country, spend your effort on motivation where it makes a difference, Mate.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Danbones

Zionists make war on women and children which is the hall mark of tyranny.
Not even Hitler had that as an agenda.

The number of children killed during the Nazi genocide is not fathomable and full statistics for the tragic fate of children who died will never be known. Some estimates range as high as 1.5 million murdered children.
www.annefrank.dk...

ImaginaryReality1984

the Zionist collaboration with Hitler and the preamble to creation of Israel

Maybe you should check your history:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f8e0b070be6.jpg[/atsimg]
According to documentation from the Nuremberg and Eichmann trials, the Nazi Germany SS helped finance al-Husseini's efforts in the 1936-39 revolt in Palestine. Adolf Eichmann actually visited Palestine and met with al-Husseini at that time and subsequently maintained regular contact with him later in Berlin. www.palestinefacts.org...

wcitizen

You forgot to mention Palestine in that list.....Freudian slip?

Palestine isn’t a country

Israel has been given a huge piece of land which belonged to another country

The Balfour Declaration was announced on March 23, 1918, in Al Qibla, the daily newspaper of Mecca.
"Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca called on the Arab population in Palestine to welcome the Jews as brethren and cooperate with them for the common welfare."
en.wikipedia.org...

Puter Man
Israel invaded Gaza and the West Bank
History is told from one side or the other. But we have an ongoing conflict. Which side you are on depends on the press who writes the news you watch. Perhaps you would take a moment to read this page of history - www.palestinefacts.org...
Isreal wasn’t who started the trouble. There was a time when the Jews and Palestinians lived in harmony. Who was it that made trouble?
The same is true of the Six Day War. I remember the news back then, it was very pro-Israel. Now the news is different and the perspective from which things are reported has changed. This is the Israel history. www.zionism-israel.com...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by shapeshiftress] I doubt you wanted to see all this twice.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by shapeshiftress]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join