It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel declares Palestinian land a firing zone!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Israel declares Palestinian land a firing zone!

Israel declares huge amounts of private Palestinian land as firing zones and expels the residents under the false and self-righteous guise of concern for their welfare, lest they be harmed by the military training; but these firing zones are always to be found solely on Palestinian land, and never on settlement land.

Source: Haartez

I realise that most on this forum are aware of what is happening as regards Gaza, but we do not very often hear about the West Bank - Jordan Valley.

I encourage you to go to the article and read all of it.

It made my blood boil. Here is a sample from further down the article:

There, far from view, Israel has been trying for several years to methodically remove Palestinian inhabitants from wide swaths of land. And in a week when the prime minister was making more promises about a "package of gestures" to the Palestinians, in order to curry favor in Washington, the Civil Administration bulldozers brutally destroyed several more encampments, leaving dozens of residents helpless and destitute under the open sky. But the Jordan Valley is far from the public eye and the public heart, and there Israel can do as it pleases.

I like to think, maybe naively, that the Israeli population on the whole is no different to us and would not wish this on the Palestinians. Others think I am wrong and that all the Israelis are tarred with the Zionist brush and I concede that this applies to the 'settlers'.

Why are we (the US and Europe) supporting a regime that can do this to people? Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of the territorial disputes over Palestine there is no good reason for treating any human being like this.

How would you or I like to be thrown our of our home, however meagre, and watch it and our few possessions bulldozed - destroyed - access to water denied etc - not once but.........

Nine times this family has had its home destroyed. We sit in silence and gaze out at the valley. It could be so beautiful, if not for the ugliness of the expulsion.

Before replying to this thread I ask you to think about this and to consider what we as individuals can do for it is certain that our governments will not.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
hello "Puterman",

This article seems to go quite nicely with yours....

“They asked me before the election if I’d honor [the Oslo accords],” Netanyahu said. “I said I would, but … I’m going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the ’67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I’m concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue.”

ARTICLE

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Thanks for that ken10. Or maybe not. I had just started to calm down when I read that and now I am all
again! Cheers!

Looks as if this thread ties in nicely as well. Netanyahu We can manipulate America

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, propaganda works the same in any country... you can effectively make:
- 20% of people supporting your cause whatever it may be
- 50% of people not caring

That leaves you with 30% of people that do not support your cause, and that's an optimistic number. Mostly educated people. That's why you burn books and arrest "collaborators" if the number rises above the threshold.

The same applies to US in regards to just about any war, from WW2 to Iraq. Situation is more volatile when not-caring percentage of people starts to decrease due to lower life standard, you have to win them over through more intensive "operations". Operations being propaganda, secrecy, special ops, assassinations, arrests, new laws, crowd control etc.

Therefore just like Germans supported Nazis its nothing shocking that Israelis support something similar. History is there to manipulate, not learn.

Edit: heck even today there are neo Nazis, and a lot of them too, on high positions all over the world. No shocker, sadly

[edit on 17/7/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

But the number of pro-Israeli lobby in ATS is too much, or ATS just doesn't give a damn about Israeli atrocities anymore due to the flotilla, knowing no one can do Jack about it.

I support ATS in their cause, that yes, ATS is right, no one can do jack about it.

Not even you USA.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Here is my simple problem with Israel.

They claim they are just defending themselves and yet they are actively expanding their borders and displacing palestinians. That to me sounds like an invasion, slow and sure but an invasion nonetheless.

Playing the victim but being the aggressor is a common tactic of the sociopath. This is not to say that the people of Israel are bad, it is the leaders who are bad. It's important people start to understand the difference between a state and it's people.

One can hate a state but feel indifferent to the people .

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here's what I have to say...

Long Live Israel!

At least they have balls unlike the rest of the world!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger
Here's what I have to say...

Long Live Israel!

At least they have balls unlike the rest of the world!

Indeed, they have the balls to commit a slow genocide, the irony is i am sure lost on supporters of Israel. They are slowly and methodically throwing a race of people off of their land, land where they have lived for a long time and which the UN agreed is theirs to live upon.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

So what? It has happened all through time. Especially with Obamas snuggle buddy Russia.
It has all of a sudden become 'Poor Palestine', but guess who provoked the tension? Yeah!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

So what? It has happened all through time. Especially with Obamas snuggle buddy Russia.
It has all of a sudden become 'Poor Palestine', but guess who provoked the tension? Yeah!

Consider something, if your land was being destroyed and taken from you then what would you do? You would attack and that is exactly what is happening to the palestinians. Peace could happen is Israel stopped attacking and when the small groups of extremists attacked they could be dealt with by internal, palestinian forces. At the moment all that is happening is continual tit for tat attacks.

The sad part is that people like yourself are so utterly callous. You are supporting the genocide of a people. The attempted Genocide of the Jewish people during World War Two was a terrible thing and yet you are happy for the Palestinians to be destroyed in equal measure.

I will never comprehend this mental cut off where it is horrific to destroy one race (the jewish people) but fine to destroy another race (the palestinians).

We're all human.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You are incorrect
the tension started here with the Zionist collaberation with Hitler and the preamble to creation of Israel via the Transfer Act
yeah

from The
True Torah Jews against ZIonism:

The Transfer Agreement (which promoted the emigration of German Jews to Palestine) implemented in 1933 and abandoned at the beginning of WWII is an important example of the cooperation between Hitler’s Germany and international Zionism. [11] Through this agreement, Hitler’s Third Reich did more than any other government during the 1930’s to support Jewish development in Palestine and further the Zionist goals.

www.jewsagainstzionism.com...
ps:
which of course was resumed under the heading of the Balfour decalration after WW2

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Puter Man
Don’t believe everything you read in the news. I also think the people would live in peace, but it isn’t Israel who is opposed. Did you know that Hamas, the Sunni Muslim Palestinian extremist group based in the Gaza Strip routinely uses women, children and defenseless families as cover for their operations. And if the Israelis would fire upon a hospital or school occupied by women, children, and terrorist, the fact that the terrorists are in there would hardly be noticed (or condemned).

All the nations around Israel clamor for a home land for the Palestinian people, but look at the stats:

Israel has an area of 8,019 sq mi of land. Of that 23.89% (1,916 sq mi) is agricultural.
Jordan has an area of 35,637 sq mi 20% (7,127 sq mi) is agricultural.
Syria has an area of 71,498 sq mi 33% (23,594 sq mi) is agricultural. (Includes the Golan Heights)
Egypt has a total area of 385,229 sq mi 3.5% (13,483 is agricultural.
Lebanon has a total area of 4,036 sq mi 25% (1,009 sq mi) is agricultural.
Saudi Arabia has an area of about 865,000 sq mi 0.8% (6,920 sq mi) is agricultural.

Only Lebanon has less usable land than Israel.

Look at the map, do you see how small Israel is? Did you know that in some places Israel is only 10 miles across. At its widest point it’s still only 70 miles across. It has defended itself against 5 hostile borders for over 60 years, not to mention the other Middle Eastern countries.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/273cfd245c0f.jpg[/atsimg]

The surrounding countries are huge and they are Muslim. If they see the Palestinians struggle, why not give them a place to live? Instead they lob missiles over the river (from the high ground into the valley).

Edit it add, Oops, I didn't realize the map was so large.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by shapeshiftress]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What I am seeing is a big push going on simultaneously by all the big players to impose their Nazi World Opression gulag agenda. They are moving forward with everything very, very fast now.

Civil liberties, human rights, judiciary systems in US, Israel and Europe economies are being destroyed at break neck speed...I would hazard a guess that it's on a scale and at a speed unprecedented in human history.

Trillions are being siphoned out of the national purse and into the accounts of the Corporations, the Banksters and the Satanists, as if a dam has been broken. The money is gushing, literally gushing into private corpoate hands.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The sad part is that people like yourself are so utterly callous. You are supporting the genocide of a people. The attempted Genocide of the Jewish people during World War Two was a terrible thing and yet you are happy for the Palestinians to be destroyed in equal measure.

I love how people a so quick to compare this to the holocaust, it is laughable. I am not a callous human being, in fact the opposite. I don't support any regime of war, but I do support the country (Israel) that was the foundation of my heritage.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapeshiftress

Puter Man
Did you know that Hamas, the Sunni Muslim Palestinian extremist group based in the Gaza Strip routinely uses women, children and defenseless families as cover for their operations. And if the Israelis would fire upon a hospital or school occupied by women, children, and terrorist, the fact that the terrorists are in there would hardly be noticed (or condemned).

gaza is miniscule compared to Israel so your point is Moot.

SECRETARY-GENERAL DEPLORES ISRAELI ATTACK ON
REFUGEE CAMP IN GAZA STRIP; CALLS ON ISRAEL TO HALT
MILITARY ACTION IN HEAVILY POPULATED AREAS

NEW YORK, 17 October (UN Headquarters) -- The following statement was issued today by the Spokesman for Secretary-General Kofi Annan:

The Secretary-General deplores the attack today by the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) in the Rafah refugee camp, located in the southern Gaza Strip, which killed at least seven Palestinians, including a 4-year-old girl and a 70-year-old woman, and wounded dozens, some of them critically. He is especially disturbed that the IDF fired tank rounds and heavy machine gun fire at two schools. One of the schools is run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).

So far in October, more than 50 Palestinians have been killed (including 15 children and three women), and nearly 300 injured, the overwhelming majority of them civilians, as a result of Israeli military actions.

The Secretary-General once again calls on the Government of Israel to halt such military actions in heavily populated areas and live up to its obligations under international humanitarian law to take special care to protect civilians, as well as to ensure the security of United Nations installations. He reiterates his appeal to both sides to stop all acts of violence and provocation, as called for by the Security Council.

Zionists make war on women and children which is the hall mark of tyranny.
Not even Hitler had that as an agenda.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

You are incorrect
the tension started here with the Zionist collaberation with Hitler and the preamble to creation of Israel via the Transfer Act
yeah

Okay then. So tell me how this is any different from the Georgian-Russian conflict, the West Africa conflict? The list goes on...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by NeutronAvenger]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

You are defending that which was
(according to JEWISH historians as is posted above)
born of a collaboration with HITLER.
Small wonder the state behaves just like him

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shapeshiftress

The 'poor me' 'we are the victims' same old, same old lines do not wash with me any more. I'm sick of hearing them feel sorry for themselves, and I am sick of having the excuse of the holocause pushed in my face.

The argument you present takes no account of the fact that the Palestinians were shoved out of their own country and Israel has refused to ever express gratitude towards them or extend the hand of friendship.
Instead they have shown them the iron fist and the jackboot.

What about the American Indians - what if they booted Americans out of half of he United States, then oppressed and attacked them and prevented them from obtaining even the very basic of daily needs? I am sure that would ruffle a few feathers.

And even that would be more justified than what Israel is doing to the Palestinians..after all, if you apply similar basic logic, America should actually belong to the Indians. Everyone else is a dscendant of the invading criminals who committed mass murder on those peace-loving, nature-loving people in their OWN country.

So, no - Israel's crocodile tears elicit no sympathy with me.

In fact, I hate to say this, I never thought I would, but looking at what the Nazi Zionist (ie. Jews) are doing to the world right now, I am starting to wonder why it is that they have been so persecuted in the past. Something which has never made sense to me before might just be starting to. Netanyahu being one example amongst many, of the reason why my thinking is changing.

Basically, they are NOT a race or a nationality, they are a religion. If they are not happy in Israel, and they constantly feel paranoid and insecure, why don't they get the hell out of there and give it back to the Palestinians.

Frankly they would do the world a favour if they did. Lol! Just as long as they don't come here.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I love how people a so quick to compare this to the holocaust, it is laughable. I am not a callous human being, in fact the opposite. I don't support any regime of war, but I do support the country (Israel) that was the foundation of my heritage.

Yes and your heritage blinds you to a terrible massacre. That is what makes you a callous human being. People are being killed, en masse, thousands of them and that is wrong.

You are not the opposite of a callous being when you support regular murder and when you say you don't support any regime of war i find it odd you support Israels war. doublethink is a dangerous thing.

Death is bad, we are all human and people like yourself should understand that.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shapeshiftress

PS. You forgot to mention Palestine in that list.....Freudian slip?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join