It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel declares Palestinian land a firing zone!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
reply to post by oozyism

He's just a troll posting here to waste web space with stupidity. Why keep feeding him? If you stop feeding him he'll likely sink back to bottom out of sight and go back to feeding on the detritous found there.

Let's all press the ignore button him, let him talk to himself lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Defending a nation means you protect your borders. When you expand your borders you are invading, not defending. Israel has expanded it's borders beyond what the Un originally granted them and therefore they are an invading force.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

Have you forgotten how they accquired this land you speak of? The 6 day war. They captured these area's from INVADING country's. The Golan Heights from Syria, the West Bank of the Jordan (from Jordan) & the Gaza Strip from Egypt. Jerusalem became wholly Israeli, previously it was divided between Israel & Jordan. As you can clearly see non of the land came from a Palestine state. Because it never existed. The land they have now was granted to them by Israel.

Oh and to bitch and moan over proper grammar. Jeez maybe you should be on a proper english forum if it ruffles your panty's so much. Fact is I just type and think quickly and lay my thoughts out quickly. Its a informal forum, and I dont feel the need to go over my posts to make sure my I's are dotted and my t's are crossed. Its just not that important. I still get my point across.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JcOg323

Jordon is not Palestine

The European Jews are just that, European Jews, the Jewish population of that land was very low, and they lived happily with Arabs, Muslims and Christians, until the European Jews came in, and did what was being done to them in Europe under Nazi Germany.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Brilliant speech by Chris Hedges on the murder of Palestinians
Christopher Lynn Hedges (born September 18, 1956 in St. Johnsbury, Vermont) is an American journalist, author, and war correspondent, specializing in American and Middle Eastern politics and societies. His most recent book, which he discussed on CSPAN's Booktv [2], is Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle (2009).

In 2002, Hedges was part of the team of reporters at The New York Times awarded the Pulitzer Prize for the paper's coverage of global terrorism. He also received in 2002 the Amnesty International Global Award for Human Rights Journalism. He has taught at Columbia University, New York University and Princeton University.

"The incursion and bombardment of Gaza is not about destroying Hamas. It is not about stopping rocket fire into Israel. It is not about achieving peace. The Israeli decision to rain death and destruction on Gaza, to use lethal weapons of the modern battle field on a largely defenseless civilian population is the final phase in the decades long campaign to ethnically cleanse Palestinians. The Assault on Gaza is about creating squalid, lawless and impoverished ghettos. In the West Bank and Gaza, where life for the Palestinians will be barely sustainable. It is about building a series of ringed Palestinian enclaves where the Israeli military will have the ability to instantly shut off movement of food, medicine and goods to perpetuate the misery.

Privilege and power, especially military power is a dangerous narcotic. Violence destroys those who bear the brunt of its force, but also those who use it to try to become Gods. Israel uses sophisticated attack jets and Naval vessels to bomb densely crowded refugee camps, schools, apartment blocks mosques and slums, to attack a population that has no air force, no air defense, no navy, no heavy weapons, no artillery units, no mechanized armor, no command and control, no army and calls it a war. It is not a war. It is Murder. Images of dead Palestinian children lined up as if asleep on the floor of the mail hospital in Gaza are a metaphor for the future.

Israel will from now on speak to the Palestinians in the language of death. Those who orchestrate such sieges do not grasp the terrible rage of long humiliation indiscriminate violence and abuse. A father or a mother whose child dies to a lack of vaccines or proper medical care does not forget. A boy who's ill grandmother dies while being detained at an Israeli checkpoint does not forget. Families who carry the broken bodies of their children to hospitals do not forget. All who endure humiliation, abuse and the murder of those they love do not forget. This rage becomes a virus within those who eventually stumble out into the daylight. Is it any wonder that 71 percent of children interviewed at a school in Gaza recently said they wanted to be a martyr.

The refusal by our political leaders from Barrack Obama to all but 5 members of Congress to the major media to speak out in defense of the rule of law and fundamental human rights exposes our cowardice and our hypocrisy. A public debate about the Gaza attack engages in the absurd pretense that it is Israel, not the Palestinians who's security and dignity is being threatened. This blind defense of Israeli brutality toward the Palestinians is a betrayal of the memory of all those killed in other Genocides in other times.

The lesson of the holocaust is not that Jews are special. It is not that Jews are unique. It is not that Jews are eternal victims. The lesson of the holocaust is that when you have the capacity to hold genocide and you do not, no matter who carries out that genocide, or who it is directed against, you are culpable. And we are very culpable. The F16 fighter jets, the Apache attack helicopters, the 250 pound smart GBU39 bombs are all a part of the $3 Billion dollar aid we give to Israel. Palestinians are being killed tonight with American made weapons. But perhaps our callous indifference to human suffering is to be expected. We (after all) kill women and children on an even vaster scale in Iraq and Afghanistan."

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I hope genocide against Palestinians ends as soon as possible - it is better to die quickly than suffer for generations.

I think USA should help israel to finish them off as soon as possible. Just, please, don't do it like Russians did it with Ukrainians in 1930-ies, rather do it like Germans with jews.

I love everyone and beg to stop violence and killing, however, if people choose to be violent and murder other human beings, please, cause the least suffering - do it really quickly.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I saw a video of the Israeli Army putting this to practice a couple of years ago. It is unusual for them to admit the fact, but it is old(ish) news, unfortunately. I disputed the fact on a web forum, previously, and received the same answer over and over again....
'If they(the palestinians) don't want to be shot, stay away from the effing fence! If they know there are guns trained on them, stay away from the effing fence! If they want to collect their dead who has been shot dead, they must also expect the same, so they must stay away from the effing fence. It's simple. They MUST stay away from the effing fence!'
Unfortunately, that is the most polite response I could repeat here, there are much worse. To my disappointment, others had jumped on the bandwagon.

My answer... 'If the Israeli settlers don't want retaliatory attacks, if the IDF don't want an ongoing war of attrition, if the zionists are a 'bad apple among a bunch, and don't wish for escalation... stay away from the effing fence also. The palestinians don't use civilians as target practice... but if my loved ones were to be executed as I've seen the Israeli's do, I'd leave no stone unturned in hunting them down!'

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Right on intrepid.

It's actually quite frightening to read some of the responses from the Israeli apologists on this site.

It appears as though they are suffering some kind of collective insanity, it's very disturbing actually.

'Perhaps the Palestinians should leave?' What the hell...

I'm amazed, really amazed at some of the illogical rhetoric coming from a group of people that strive to convince the world they're are intellectually bright.

Well done for standing up intrepid, you are living up to your name.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
How would you or I like to be thrown our of our home, however meagre, and watch it and our few possessions bulldozed - destroyed
[]
Before replying to this thread I ask you to think about this and to consider what we as individuals can do for it is certain that our governments will not.

WELCOME TO THE USA:

The scheme:

The same thing is done every day in the good ol' USA. The process unfolds like this:

(bear with me... this is an official Sri Oracle rant albiet worthy read)

Old homes (pre-1950) are usually only allowed to carry high risk insurance at 2-3 times the cost of insurance for new construction; which makes them particularly difficult to afford insurance for on a recurring basis and insurance is required to take out any bank loan. Homes in "cosmetically" rough shape and in lower income neighbourhoods are denied access to loan money to make repairs. Laws are enacted which allow towns to contract out "condemned building" demolition (read BULLDOZED) to this lowest bidder on any homes which show states of disrepair.

As a carpenter, I can attest that a "2x4" stud board of lumber used to build pre-1950 construction, if left side by side with a new, or less than 20 year old "2x4" in the weather: The new board will rot twice as fast. When the old wood was harvested, the trees were huge and had many rings; now the trees are tiny and the lumber contains little dense heartwood. But old house "look/appear" crooked and weathered whereas the vinyl mcbox next door appears sound. So, you "legally" tear down the old houses, that have framing that will last forever, and are bought and paid for without mortgage, by supporting a network of appraisers, which abet through artificially deflating the value of old construction; thereby making the comparably small loans unavailable to repair. ON THOSE SAME LOTS, where no major mortgage existed, you then offer "low income families" "low interest mortgages" on $100k+ loans for plywood (cardboard) boxes, built of modern 2x4's (toothpicks), wrapped in non-structural vinyl siding (plastic wrap), and interior coated in VOC emitting, non-structural drywall (paper machete).

Where there was once a well constructed heartwood framed, t&G sheathed, structurally wood sided, structural interior wood t&g walls, that could have easily lasted another 100 years if the owner could just take out a small loan for a simple repair; there now stands a plastic wrapped cardboard box, structurally toothpicks, with structurally insignificant toxic paper machet interior, and of course a FAT MONTHLY CHECK to the banker, the insurance man, 5x higher taxes and... oh look... the house doesn't stay as cool as the old WOOD house with big windows, nor does it have a real fireplace to keep you warm: add in a fat monthly check to the utility authority for the new central climate control. And then when the new homes fall apart in 25 years you tear 'em down and start the process all over again. PERPETUAL PAYMENTS. Tear down the peasants home to build a illusory Zionists financial prison.

Whats that? An old neighborhood with dilapidated houses? Send in the swat team, arm them with automatic weapons... they're all selling drugs! Its Friday night on "that" end of town... the sound of gunfire is in the air; even though your big consumer spending neighbour next door in the vinyl mchouse, paying high taxes with his corporate job, is the one snorting the coke.

but of course to believe my rant you'd have to also believe:

The same powers that BE in zionism, ARE tptb in the banking cartel, are tptb in the insurance cartel, are tptb in the energy cartel, are tptb in local and national US government, are tptb in the military and police; oh and your home, which you owe 1/4 million dollars on, is a valueless piece of illusory cardboard castle junk, just waiting for all the payments you've made to the insurance industry to flush over to the banker when the next storm blows through; in the mean time slowly poisoning you with VOC's to keep you spinning big pharmas wheel too.

Wow... that rant felt good. I've been meaning to get that off my chest. Maybe I'll source it and start a new thread.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This thread makes me rage for so many reasons first of all good find OP S&F.

Trolls are the EASIEST thing to spot if it looks sounds and lives under the bridge like a troll it IS a troll also JIDF is on this like a dog with a bone and as an atheist i have no problem with saying the following.

All the religious "i will protect my heritage" "how dare you insult and express you're freedom of speech AGAINST my country" and my favourite "They started it" nonsense is just the lowest that i have come to expect from megaphone and JIDF users over the years.

Often rational and logic reasoning doesn't work against these people and shouldn't even be applied. /rant

But on topic this is the kind of behavior i too would expect from a sociopathical government.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapeshiftress
The surrounding countries are huge and they are Muslim. If they see the Palestinians struggle, why not give them a place to live? Instead they lob missiles over the river (from the high ground into the valley).

Edit it add, Oops, I didn't realize the map was so large.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by shapeshiftress]

so say, (scenario) if i were to come over beat the crap out of you and your family and then have the nerve of kicking you and your family out onto the street, your neigbours should sit idle while do the following

Beat and kill members of your family (accidents happen
)
Kick you out for your safety
and expect your neigbours to take you in as they have couple of spare rooms in their house, now that your former home belongs to me ?

that is how you assume the world works

since the palestinians are being forced out of their homes by forigners who have taken resident and for the safety of palestinians are evicting them from their own land, they should roll over and cross the boarders

what a load of hog wash

disclaimer ( in no way is this post a threat to you or your family)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
I hope genocide against Palestinians ends as soon as possible - it is better to die quickly than suffer for generations.

I think USA should help israel to finish them off as soon as possible. Just, please, don't do it like Russians did it with Ukrainians in 1930-ies, rather do it like Germans with jews...

Or vice-versa. A single nuclear-armed ballistic missile launched from Pakistan striking Tel Aviv should also do the trick. Since 70% of Israel's population is concentrated in Tel Aviv it simplify matters.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

I think USA should help israel to finish them off as soon as possible. Just, please, don't do it like Russians did it with Ukrainians in 1930-ies, rather do it like Germans with jews.

I love everyone and beg to stop violence and killing, however, if people choose to be violent and murder other human beings, please, cause the least suffering - do it really quickly.

What? You want to stop violence and killing by encouraging the killers to kill more quickly?

[edit on 7/20/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The European Jews are just that, European Jews, the Jewish population of that land was very low, and they lived happily with Arabs, Muslims and Christians, until the European Jews came in, and did what was being done to them in Europe under Nazi Germany.

Let me get this straight. According to you, the people of Israel are commiting a holocaust against the Palestine's. They are rounding them up sending them to concentration camps, exploiting them for labor, and killing them in death camps. Where's your proof on this? Or are you just someone who spouts nonsense, and hopes people won't see thru your bull#?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ooh things are starting to get interesting.

Israel is gonna get us in trouble!

Just like that friend in highschool that was always getting into trouble. They are gonna bring us down with them.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JcOg323

Let me get this straight. According to you, the people of Israel are commiting a holocaust against the Palestine's. They are rounding them up sending them to concentration camps, exploiting them for labor, and killing them in death camps. Where's your proof on this? Or are you just someone who spouts nonsense, and hopes people won't see thru your bull#?

There is already concentration camps, hence GAZA.

And if Palestinians didn't take arms to fight, they would have been in death camps by now, or have been kicked out of their homes, while being killed, torture, raped, etc

See the reason why the German Nazis went so far with Jews was because the Jews didn't fight back.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well it seems they are still at it. I am not sure if this relates to the same incident but it is in today's news and seems to be different.

IDF destroys West Bank village after declaring it military zone

The headline is much the same.

The IDF's Civil Administration destroyed a Palestinian village Monday morning that had earlier been cleared out when its water supply was cut off.

The IDF demolished about 55 structures in the West Bank village of Farasiya, including tents, tin shacks, plastic and straw huts, clay ovens, sheep pens and bathrooms. These structures served the 120 farmers, hired workers and their families who lived in the Jordan Valley village.

The Civil Administration said they had declared the area a live fire zone and posted eviction orders for 10 families in tents on June 27.

"Since no appeal was filed in the following three weeks, and given the danger posed by the location of the tents, they were removed," they said in response

And further down...

[wx]Hadirat said a few years ago the Civil Administration destroyed the pipe the villages had laid from a nearby stream used for drinking water and irrigation.

Since then they have been watering the sheep and fields with water unfit for human consumption, pumped from a salt water source. They received drinking water in tanks.

About four months ago the IDF confiscated their pumps. On Sunday, 10 families from Bardala, a village north of Farasiya, were given demolition notices.

A farmer who owns 300 sheep was told to leave in 24 hours or his herd would be confiscated.

These IDF make me sick, especially after what I read earlier on today about Irgun (the forerunner of the IDF). If you want to be sickened read this about the Deir Yassin massacre. It may have been a long time ago but it would seem that nothing much has changed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join