It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Republican Candidate: "It is time for white people in NH and across the country to take a stand"

page: 3
10
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny to research his genealogy and find that he is not white? He would have to remove himself from his body.




posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 


Admittedly friend, Ive never been to europe and am not qualified to comment on that matter directly.

And you make a fair point, and I agree that along nationalities there are a wide variety of cultural differences.

My point of slight contention is that, as you state, the same could be said for Nigerians and Kenyans ...but it invariably never is. The popular mantra is that whites are one of any number of specific nationalities while blacks are usually regarded as Africans in general.

The ideal situation would, in my view, be to accept and preserve obvious cultural identities period. That was what my career was dedicated to. But the true problem I see is that acceptance for one culture, in the US specifically, is almost always as the exclusion or eradication of another. And the 'white culture' (common european background general culture) is in fact the one currently threatened when all else is considered.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 





If a temptation to do so however is present, its coming from the left, the race baiters ect that are running thier mouth.


Umm, news flash! It's the righty racists that are running their mouths. Notice the guy Murdough is running as a republican. Pointing out racism doesn't constitute race baiting. Connecting a string of racism coming from Republican'ts, Tea Bangers, and southern conservatives is showing a pattern. Nice try, but you'll have to do better pin this on the left.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
reply to post by antonia
 


My point of slight contention is that, as you state, the same could be said for Nigerians and Kenyans ...but it invariably never is. The popular mantra is that whites are one of any number of specific nationalities while blacks are generally regarded as Africans in general.


Blacks are regarded as "Africans" because ignorant people don't know any better. There are many black people who will take offense to be called an "African". Jamaicans in particular get tiffy about it.



The ideal situation would, in my view, be to accept and preserve obvious cultural identities period. That was what my career was dedicated to. But the true problem I see is that acceptance for one culture, in the US specifically, is almost always as the exclusion or eradication of another. And the 'white culture' (common european background general culture) is in fact the one currently threatened when all else is considered.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]


Except there really is no "European background culture". I've been quite a few places in Europe. Eastern Europe differs quite a bit from the West. The western nations differ among themselves. Many of the things we do in America can't be contributed solely to one race of people. Some of the things we have taken from other backgrounds are so different you can't call them the same things anymore. I call it "American" culture. And it's not under threat considering Blacks do the same things by and large. Many of the things considered "Black" culture in this country should be called "American" as many other blacks on the planet don't partake in them.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by antonia]



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As far as this Murdough fellow goes, and his all white world he wants to create. It is completely OK for a race to be proud of their race. Native Americans come to mind. The are very proud of the origins, culture, and people. Watching them celebrate it makes me proud for them.

But for a race to believe they are superior to other races, is racism. That is where Murdough, the American Third Position, KKK, and others ruin racial pride.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 




On the other hand, I know blacks in Tennessee who have never been as far from Memphis as Nashville and insist on the "African" title. I assure you, they are as common as offended Jamaicans. Personally, I've lived through 'negro','colored', African American and black, but would prefer just plain old American any day.

My apologies to the OP for getting a bit off topic.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well this is sure an ugly side of freedom of speech, but that does not mean that he shouldn't be allowed to say it, or run for office.

The man is a racist and a jerk, I sure as hell wouldn't vote for him if I could, but the fact he can say such things says a lot about how tolerant and free America is.

I'd love to interview this man, but I'm afraid being a quarter-Asian he might not sit down with me haha.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
reply to post by Logarock
 





If a temptation to do so however is present, its coming from the left, the race baiters ect that are running thier mouth.


Umm, news flash! It's the righty racists that are running their mouths. Notice the guy Murdough is running as a republican. Pointing out racism doesn't constitute race baiting. Connecting a string of racism coming from Republican'ts, Tea Bangers, and southern conservatives is showing a pattern. Nice try, but you'll have to do better pin this on the left.


Well you cant argue that they were not being labled a race issue right off the bat. They were. It has always been pointed out that the TP is like 99.99% white. Even the CNN news coverage at the TP convention made a deal about the "absence of diversity". The left has been gunning this thing "racist" from the start.

And really this little bit of "pattern" isnt much yet. And look Ill tell you I am not a TPer for race reasons or for any race consideration. This smearing is just to keep the blacks away by those that want us divided as well as some sensitive whites. Anything to keep a grass root tax protest down.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Well this is sure an ugly side of freedom of speech, but that does not mean that he shouldn't be allowed to say it, or run for office.

The man is a racist and a jerk, I sure as hell wouldn't vote for him if I could, but the fact he can say such things says a lot about how tolerant and free America is.

I'd love to interview this man, but I'm afraid being a quarter-Asian he might not sit down with me haha.


This guy looks like a custom made to order plant.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock





And really this little bit of "pattern" isnt much yet. And look Ill tell you I am not a TPer for race reasons or for any race consideration. This smearing is just to keep the blacks away by those that want us divided as well as some sensitive whites. Anything to keep a grass root tax protest down.


Grass roots?


You call Dick Army, grass roots. Take a look at who funds the TPM

www.theatlantic.com...

As in all things; for reliable information; follow the money.

Grass roots.....


www.npr.org...

And for the record, I'm a white guy that is sick and tired of all these white crybabys whining that the minorities are getting all the benefits and destroying white culture. As a white guy, I can still get the best jobs, best education and treatment in American culture. I'll wager that these white boys doin all the bitchin are the ones that dropped out of school and became losers because they were to lazy to do the work it takes to be a success in life. It's so much easier to blame a scapegoat than take personal responsibility your failures.





[edit on 15-7-2010 by whaaa]



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa
 



At any rate, even if one believes in conspiracy, the TP was set up as a false heat sink. False in that its leaders never really wanted it to be anything but another disappointment. That really has little to do with why americans joined in....and yes it was grass root Dick Army or no.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 


Excuse me?

A racist person should not run for office when his constituents will be of mixed race.

The best thing this man has done is say "Hey, don't vote for me unless you are racist!"


Your kidding right? We ellected a racist to the whitehouse.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Logarock


I'll wager that these white boys doin all the bitchin are the ones that dropped out of school and became losers because they were to lazy to do the work it takes to be a success in life. It's so much easier to blame a scapegoat than take personal responsibility your failure


Be that as it may Bubba, your discription really doesnt fit most TPers. Most TPers pay tax and have lives, finished school and much to lose to stupid ass lefty wetdream. The dream that feeds itself on blame....runs thier whole mechine.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Will this new white homeland have rituals consisting of gathering around glowing moving picture boxes while consuming beer and hot wings and flirting with anybody of the opposite sex? Then going to church the next morning with a hangover?

Seriously, I am a white guy yet for the life of me I can't figure out anything unique enough that whites in America do that no other race does to make our culture special enough to make a homeland.

Let's see. Playing golf while wearing funny hats, watching funniest home videos, mowing the lawn, going to church on Sunday because your spouse makes you, having family gatherings several times a year with relatives you really don't like, driving big vehicles, making peanut butter with honey sandwiches. Nothing seems to stand out.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
But for a race to believe they are superior to other races, is racism. That is where Murdough, the American Third Position, KKK, and others ruin racial pride.


You mean like the Balck Panthers and the NBPP, and a lot of the younger (10-40 year old) African Americans running around most of the larger cities in America, lately. All three of these groups suffer from a massive superiority complex and an inflated sence of self entitlement.

I try not to be racist and do not consider myself to be one (I have several African American and black [their titles, not mine] friends), and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I seem to be proven wrong all to often lately.



posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I know you will say I am a racist.
but I say all the other races are racist.
just look at most others.
they stay together in there own communities.
they dont mix's. they stay with there own type.
that is the real problem.
they separate them selfs and hate us.
so they make more hate.
in england we have the black areas.
the Indian areas.
and they have there own language.
they wont there own country with the best bits from the country they are in.
it is a joke. they leave it be hide.
then build the same in the new country.
and they dont become a part of the country they are in.
if they like it so much.
stay at home!
you dont understand what I am saying do you?
if they mixes in with us.
they would be are friends.
some one you work with.
not them over there.



posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf
 


Ummm white people do have a homeland, Europe.



posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo
 


Blacks and whites aren't on equal ground. White people hold the power in America. Power is ownership of resources, patents, etc. Yes there are a percentage of black people who thru entertainment or sports have a little money. They have a few million, they may even have a few hundred million, but in the grand scheme, they have nothing.

Until blacks own such things as the railroad, the land electric companies are built on, patents to the latest technology...they will never really have any power.

And to nip the Barack Obama thing in the bud, yes he's President. But he can't do anything without a majority of Congress agreeing.



posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig
 


Concerning the NBPP it should be a non-issue. The poll location they were at is in the middle of a black ghetto. So....who were they supposed to intimidate? That wasn't the reason they were stationed there.

The reason they were there is to ensure that what happened in the Bush election would not happen again. Such things as blacks and minorities being misdirected or told the polls were closed. Or told they had to have ID and a major credit card to vote. That is the reason there were people such as the defendant present at polls.

The guy is to be condemned for his views however. He's just one of those crazy ones that every group has.



posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Logarock





And for the record, I'm a white guy that is sick and tired of all these white crybabys whining that the minorities are getting all the benefits and destroying white culture. As a white guy, I can still get the best jobs, best education and treatment in American culture. I'll wager that these white boys doin all the bitchin are the ones that dropped out of school and became losers because they were to lazy to do the work it takes to be a success in life. It's so much easier to blame a scapegoat than take personal responsibility your failures.





[edit on 15-7-2010 by whaaa]



Thank you for being brave enough to say this.



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join