It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra, mythical 'goat sucker' beast, surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found, killed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

How nice to see someone else capable of objective analysis, and not swayed by foolish conjecture.
Maybe there should be an seperate ATS catagory just for such group that retains qualities of intelligence and objectivity and sticking to the point?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Tests at Texas A&M revealed that the animal was actually a coyote-canine hybrid with a bad case of skin mites and internal parasites.

SOURCE: www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Tests at Texas A&M revealed that the animal was actually a coyote-canine hybrid with a bad case of skin mites and internal parasites.

What a surprise..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1

How nice to see someone else capable of objective analysis, and not swayed by foolish conjecture.
Maybe there should be an seperate ATS catagory just for such group that retains qualities of intelligence and objectivity and sticking to the point?

I've often thought that it should be displayed on the profile on the left side, what educational level one has. Then it would be much easier to distinguish between random rambling believers, and people that actually know a thing or two about the subject.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I was gonna jump in and say its just a dog with mange, but you posted the proof right there
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Wow.. it's really amazing you are admitting how blind dog lovers are.. you know.. dog lovers might take offense to your statements..

Because you see.. there are distinct physical characteristics of these creatures that are very unsick dog like.. they have unique very long back legs as opposed to short front legs.. what doggie disease can do that to a dog?

Talk about being blind... It doesn't take more than a good look to make the correct conclusion.

Dogs actually *do* have longer visible hindlegs, since they are less 'embedded' in the skin, due to the fact that they have to be more mobile - Ie. dog jumping, setting off, etc.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9b119d0e23f.jpg[/atsimg]
And if you look at your famed "Chupa" pictures, you'll quickly see that they are often positioned so that their backs are nicked, and thus the hind legs are lower compared to the front legs, and in most cases even having the front legs bend:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91702546092a.jpg[/atsimg]
Or they actually look like a normal dog:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/580e04193d3a.jpg[/atsimg]

Mange is a horrible disease to have for a dog, and it looks just as bad if untreated.. So it should come as no surprise that people who don't know how a coyote looks without hair and with damaged skin, believes it is "The magical and mysterious Chupacabra!".
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2919fe6bb47.jpg[/atsimg]

It doesn't take more than normal sense to make all this believable. And, doesn't it intrigue anyone that the current belief in Chupacabra is extremely close to a coyote with mange, coupled with several sightings, and dead creatures? The original Chupacabra sighting was *very* different from this creature, and is a much more interesting crypto IMO, looking something like this.

[edit on 15/7/10 by Thain Esh Kelch]

couldnt agree more with this, i think you are 100% right on all points and very well demonstrated. Also, the original picture of el chupacabra is the one i remember reading about in a magazine about 12-15 years ago and thats what i think of when i say chupacabra, not a canine.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Its funny how the idea of a chupacabra went from this

To a dog with mange.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Its funny how the idea of a chupacabra went from this

To a dog with mange.

Not really. People have heard the legends about the Chupacabra, and since it never makes an appearance, the story is slowly modified. And as soon as some people see a creature they haven't observed before, in this case a dog with mange, they shape the legend to fit this creature. And thus, you have a new variation of the story.
Same thing with all the lake monsters that originate from Loch Ness, Bigfoot variants around the world, the enormous amount of flying saucers (Imagine if Kenneth Arnold had seen a flying cube instead).

"I want to believe" is a quite good statement here.

[edit on 16/7/10 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The reason why they are canine like, is because that is what the are....Dogs...

Every time a "chupacabra" is discovered, it always ends up being a dog with a bad case of mange.....

Just watch, it will be the same thing again.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

That's because people seem to not have a clue as to the origins of the thing, let alone what the legend suggests it is supposed to look like....

People, ignorant people find dogs with horrible mange, kill them and claim they caught one..... This will be no different.... That said, in my opinion the legend is just that... A legend. Nothing more.

This new captured little guy is going to turn out to be a dog with mange..... Just like they always do.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
This new captured little guy is going to turn out to be a dog with mange..... Just like they always do.

It already did..

Originally posted by Aggie Man
UPDATE:

SOURCE: www.nbcdfw.com...

Whatever a coyote-canine hybrid is..

[edit on 16/7/10 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

DNA tests done on similar creatures found in Texas revealed them to be canines (Monster Quest did the testing). While they don't look like the usual dog, that is what they are. The question should be why are they showing up looking like this?

Also, I am more interested in the original looking chupacabras, not the dogs.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Has anyone on ATS ever seen a creature that looks like that?
Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

a coyote with mange.

they've done DNA testing before, somewhat recently, and found it was coyote DNA.

mange will eventually cause all the hair to fall out and it is highly contagious.
running in a pack, a coyote with mange is most likely exiled from the group because otherwise, the whole pack is at risk and would likely be completely destroyed. if these "chupacabra" sightings don't end with the animals being shot, like in this incident, they are often found already dead, from the mange.

coyotes definitely kill chickens, and goats, too, and are found in the areas where chupacabra's are sighted or found dead.

there are several threads on ATS, from other news stories, and one of them, at least, talks about the DNA testing. just do a search using the word "chupacabra" and the word "mange" on separate lines, using the advanced search feature.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
The question should be why are they showing up looking like this?

How could anyone be in doubt about that? Did you actually not read the thread, or just not know anything about mange?

[edit on 18/7/10 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I did read about the mangy dog theory, and do know what it can do to dogs out in the wild. However, even the Monster Quest show brought up questions about those dogs' skulls and looks. They are not like any breeds out there, and mange does not change a skull in any way that I know of. (And I had dogs who had mange.)

So the question still is why are we seeing mutations out there?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
However, even the Monster Quest show brought up questions about those dogs' skulls and looks.

Would it be possible for you to find those skulls?

They are not like any breeds out there, and mange does not change a skull in any way that I know of. (And I had dogs who had mange.)

Of course not.

So the question still is why are we seeing mutations out there?

I'm pretty sure that those skulls are unrelated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join