It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra, mythical 'goat sucker' beast, surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found, killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Chupacabra, mythical 'goat sucker' beast, surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found, killed

www.nydailynews.com

A mythical beast has Texans in a panic this week, as reports that the Chupacabra - which literally means 'goat sucker' - is on the prowl again. Though chupacabra sightings have never been confirmed, the myth was alive and well this week when two "strange canine" animals were spotted and killed in Hood County.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Check out the picture in the article. They have the head. It looks like some kind of hairless dog. Real ugly.

Has anyone on ATS ever seen a creature that looks like that?
Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

A rancher in North Texas told San Antonio station WOAI that he found a dog-like beast when he investigated a growl coming from inside his barn. Looking inside, he said he saw "the ugliest creature he has ever seen."

"All I know is, it wasn't normal," said Animal Control Officer Frank Hackett, who was called to the scene.

"It was ugly, real ugly. I'm not going to tell no lie on that one."

Hackett shot and killed the creature, one of two found in the area in the past week.

DNA testing is being done on the animals to find out just what they're made of.

It will be interesting to hear the results of the DNA test.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Monsterquest did a show on these things quite a while ago that showed video of them alive and everything. I had thought this was old news already, but I guess not.

There's a small piece of the monsterquest stuff here: Chupacabra evidence

The entire episode was pretty interesting and a little better than most of their episodes in that they had actual carcasses and quality video of the creature alive running along the road.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I saw this on the local news yesterday. One of the animals was cornered in a barn and shot by animal control. I would have thought that they may want a live specimen.

These look just like all the other "chupacabras" that have been found over the years here in TX. Every time they turn out to be coyotes with mange.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I always thought the chupacabra was a winged beast, small, almost devil looking like? I wasnt aware that it was more like dog/wolf. Or was I misinformed years ago? Either way this is pretty interesting!
S+F

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I always thought the chupacabra was a winged beast, small, almost devil looking like? I wasnt aware that it was more like dog/wolf. Or was I misinformed years ago? Either way this is pretty interesting!
S+F

The more famous Chupa's tend to be the ones from a decade or more ago which are the alien like ones, but there appears to be a number of creatures that all get the label 'Chupacabra' simply because its a strange animal found dead or shot around the time some farmers animals go missing... I personally think the alien one should only have that name since its the description given to most of the first sightings of them decades ago, and they'd be the more likely type of creature to be a goat sucker. These 'dogs' just dont in my opinion appear to be the kind of animal that would suck a goat blood dry they just dont have the gear to do so. Unfortunately i dont think the alien ones get seen all that often now days or at least not reported as much, might have been a short term thing during the 90's as was it seems the entire Chupacabra craze really.

These dog ones arent really new either since people have reported animals like them for quite a while (saw a photo of a dead one a good decade ago), but if it looks like a hairless dog, it probably is a hairless dog. Its interesting that they seem to be similar to each other, so maybe theres a sparse population of inbred hairless wild dogs running around the southern states living off the farm life. Poor buggers.

But no I dont think their THE chupacabras.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Put this on another thread also started today:
I'm fascinated by crytozoology, but think the "goat sucker" is a coyote hybrid. The xoloitzcuintle, or xolo, is an ancient, now very rare hairless dog from Mexico. Perhaps a xolo stray crossed with a coyote sometime and the hairless gene is now being expressed. As ugly as these dogs are (I have Jack russells and a mini doxie which are all beautiful), and as rare as they are lots of people don't know about them. But they do look like these things, a bit too much to discount.

I think this is the culprit. Or at least one or more of his ancestors.

Ugly, hairless, dark wrinkly skin, prone to bumps......they even have legs that are sometimes shorter in front. And they come in three sizes. Ugh.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by stars15k]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Im confused, this Chupacabra dog thing is years old why is it news now?
Same place same dog thing am i missing something?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They are nothing more than sick canids, it's obvious to any dog person.
Case closed.
Do something constructive.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Does any one think it possible these creature could be marsupial there's a video on you tube of footage caught of them, their gait looks like old footage of the thyloscine.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
"It was ugly, real ugly. I'm not going to tell no lie on that one."

So he did tell a lie on that one?

It sure IS ugly though!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
They are nothing more than sick canids, it's obvious to any dog person.
Case closed.
Do something constructive.

Wow.. it's really amazing you are admitting how blind dog lovers are.. you know.. dog lovers might take offense to your statements..

Because you see.. there are distinct physical characteristics of these creatures that are very unsick dog like.. they have unique very long back legs as opposed to short front legs.. what doggie disease can do that to a dog?

Many of these animals have been found and or caught and the Experts who examined them don't know what they are except they may be a cross between a coyote and something else.

Have a look for yourself.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
is there a pic to the 'second' one they killed up the road?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Well it is in the location, no? Being near Mexico and all isn't the origin of these things start in Mexico and South America?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Not what I was expecting to see. I think they are unique and beautiful dogs.

Maybe not to everyone's taste but I like them.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I always thought the chupacabra was a winged beast, small, almost devil looking like? I wasnt aware that it was more like dog/wolf. Or was I misinformed years ago?

No, that sounds about right for the first descriptions of the chupacabra. They were little, devil-like creatures and one of the bits of evidence they left were like perfectly round "drill holes" in the skulls and bodies of the goats and sheep they sucked the life out of.

These johnny-come-latelies aren't real chupacabras. They're just the best somebody could find to vaguely match the description.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Wow.. it's really amazing you are admitting how blind dog lovers are.. you know.. dog lovers might take offense to your statements..

Because you see.. there are distinct physical characteristics of these creatures that are very unsick dog like.. they have unique very long back legs as opposed to short front legs.. what doggie disease can do that to a dog?

Talk about being blind... It doesn't take more than a good look to make the correct conclusion.

Dogs actually *do* have longer visible hindlegs, since they are less 'embedded' in the skin, due to the fact that they have to be more mobile - Ie. dog jumping, setting off, etc.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9b119d0e23f.jpg[/atsimg]
And if you look at your famed "Chupa" pictures, you'll quickly see that they are often positioned so that their backs are nicked, and thus the hind legs are lower compared to the front legs, and in most cases even having the front legs bend:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91702546092a.jpg[/atsimg]
Or they actually look like a normal dog:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/580e04193d3a.jpg[/atsimg]

Mange is a horrible disease to have for a dog, and it looks just as bad if untreated.. So it should come as no surprise that people who don't know how a coyote looks without hair and with damaged skin, believes it is "The magical and mysterious Chupacabra!".
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2919fe6bb47.jpg[/atsimg]

It doesn't take more than normal sense to make all this believable. And, doesn't it intrigue anyone that the current belief in Chupacabra is extremely close to a coyote with mange, coupled with several sightings, and dead creatures? The original Chupacabra sighting was *very* different from this creature, and is a much more interesting crypto IMO, looking something like this.

[edit on 15/7/10 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Edit: Sorry people, I'm a little late with this link. lol

I just found this video

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Too bad that our first reaction to a new species is to kill it.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
buzz.yahoo.com...

This story made yahoo as well. This might actually just be a dead Xoloitzcuintli as well. That's a real word and no I don't know how to say it.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yeah, I should have known better. There are truly dog varients to fit every dog person out there.
I know dogs are beautiful on the inside, down to the very last puppy, and there are few "bad dogs", but many bad owners. I've never met a pitbull I didn't like, even the strays that I've found in ny yard. The only dog that has ever really bit me was a "puggle". My doxie is a real beauty, a black and silver dapple with blue eyes. But until the second I held him I would have classed him as a "little rat dog"; I've also thought the long/short combo was just dumb. He's both beautiful and tough.
And I think English Bull Terriers are beautiful.........even though they have little triangle eyes and big eggheads. My Sweet Baboo was called "so ugly he's cute" too many times to suit me.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
buzz.yahoo.com...

That's a real word and no I don't know how to say it.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by antonia]

Me either! I've heard it pronounced differently by different people. Luckily you can just say xolo, pronounced "zoe low".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join