One, huge question about the BP disaster that nobody is asking...

page: 5
107
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy
 


Yep you are probably right but who is going to protest.




posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop
 


The price of oil actually has very little to do with supply and demand.. for the most part its very sensitive to currency fluzuations. When oil was at 150bbl the us Dollar was at multi decade lows.. even the Canadian Dollar was worth more than the USD.. since oil is traded in Dollars, the price reflected this. Now we have a major production setback, but the Dollar is strong and still gaining on other currencies.. its the Euro that's in trouble now.. and thus, oil is cheaper. Its actually still over priced for its relative to the currency.. but this has more to do with OPEC refusing to allow it to fall much lower than it has.



posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Peak oil has been in doubt for quite some time. I remember reading an article about 2 years ago talking about surveyors going back to closed up dry wells only to find them 1/2 full & replenishing themselves. It could very well be that most of the oil on this planet is abiotic from very deep down & seeps up. Here is an article from 5 years ago talking about the same thing.

The Myth of Peak Oil

Oil is yet another way to control over us & yet another way to keep us impoverished.



posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing out the abiotic oil theory, I will have to do more research on that!



posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm going to star and flag this thread this is great never ever thought about what you have presented it definately sounds plausable. But most people would think this especially thinking the earth is billions of years old too and thats how long it has taken for the oil to form lmao.



posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy
 


another motivation for lying about output is they have to pay a tax on every barrel extracted.



posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
I'm going to star and flag this thread this is great never ever thought about what you have presented it definately sounds plausable. But most people would think this especially thinking the earth is billions of years old too and thats how long it has taken for the oil to form lmao.


good point i hadn't considered. the op's theory probably does make perfect sense and legitimately so for our friends who believe the earth is 650 years old or so.



posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I got this from wiki:

Dr. Christoph Rühl, Chief economist of BP, repeatedly uttered strong doubts about the peak oil hypothesis:[188]

Physical peak oil, which I have no reason to accept as a valid statement either on theoretical, scientific or ideological grounds, would be insensitive to prices. (...)In fact the whole hypothesis of peak oil – which is that there is a certain amount of oil in the ground, consumed at a certain rate, and then it's finished – does not react to anything.... (Global Warming) is likely to be more of a natural limit than all these peak oil theories combined. (...) Peak oil has been predicted for 150 years. It has never happened, and it will stay this way.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You bring up a very interesting point. We need oil because everything we do relies on it. I can't type this post without oil. I can't microwave my poptart without oil. I can't drive to get my beer without oil.

Imagine if there was so much oil that it would only cost a dollar a barrel?

This is how capitalism works! They capitalize on our ignorance. They enslave us by giving us modern conveniences to play with all day long. Once we can't live without it they choke the supply chain to drive up prices.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy
 


I think a lot more Gas is also making the Oil look bigger, that's why
the estimates are anywhere from a trickle to torrent.

It might easier to just close the Gulf, drain the water and turn it
into a Oil Container.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I thought that the question was going to be "Why the Federal Government is delaying testing of the new cap and allowing the oil to flow unchecked? Another question that could be asked is "Why is the Federal Government interfering with the drilling of the relief wells?".

That is easy! This admininstration is anti American and anti White. So they naturally want to destroy as much of America as they can. They have said so themselves, are you not paying attention?



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech
 

Oil has been detected on moons around other planets. Moons that never had any life, that we know of. To say that it is a hydrocarbon is now bunk. The Russians are advancing the idea of oil being produced on a continual basis by processes we do not currently understand. It is wisdom to know the limits of your knowledge. It is also rare to have wisdom. If, in fact these wells are being replenished, it is at a rate below what we are pumping it out at. So naturally it appears dry. For awhile. Fills back up, and is a producing well again. What is so hard to understand about that?




posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rich Z


Have we all been lied to for so long that even with the truth slapping us in the face we still can't see it?

I don't think it is a malicious perversion of truth. It is more like 'that is the way I was taught it is', and 'I don't know how such could be true'. Educated people tend to gain a modicum of arrogance and haughtiness. And it has only been recently that the facts are making themselves obvious, not for a long time. Not bad people, just ill-informed. It also fits into their own religious views, dating the earth with unscientific dates that assume the world is zillions of years old. As it is with the speed of light slowing down drastically. That does not fit into their religious 'athiestic' views, therefore they choose to ignore it. Be gracious.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

Originally posted by vkturbo
who believe the earth is 650 years old or so.

I have never heard that before. The Biblical view is around ten thousand I believe. Who says 650?



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I got this from wiki:

Dr. Christoph Rühl, Chief economist of BP, repeatedly uttered strong doubts about the peak oil hypothesis:[188]

Physical peak oil, which I have no reason to accept as a valid statement either on theoretical, scientific or ideological grounds, would be insensitive to prices. (...)In fact the whole hypothesis of peak oil – which is that there is a certain amount of oil in the ground, consumed at a certain rate, and then it's finished – does not react to anything.... (Global Warming) is likely to be more of a natural limit than all these peak oil theories combined. (...) Peak oil has been predicted for 150 years. It has never happened, and it will stay this way.



Peak oil has not bee around for 150 years - it is a theory that was only in the 20th century by Hubert in 1956. The theory postulates on that consumption will outstrip demand based on the discovery of new oil fields. This has proven correct.

The most telling sign that peak oil is with is is the very nature of where this oil well is being dug. It is the most extreme engineering on the earth in the pursuit of oil - why not just dig it up out of the ground if it is so abundant ?

Secondly the Alberta Tar sands are a perfect example of peak oil consequences - the greatest man made natural disaster, visible from space. The amount of energy required to obtain it is so vast that there is only a benefit if oil is above a certain price - below which it becomes unprofitable.

This price theory is the strongest theory for market manipulation and fits in extremely well with the notion of market manipulation.

Consider also that peal oil contends that oil way well remain in vast quantities, but, the energy required to extract it is more than the net benefit of the energy obtained from the oil extracted - very important. Unless you consider that this is not the purpose - rather profit is. Therefore it makes sense to expend more energy extracting oil that is received IF you are receiving profits.

Evil......



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
reply to post by Ex_MislTech
 

Oil has been detected on moons around other planets. Moons that never had any life, that we know of. To say that it is a hydrocarbon is now bunk. The Russians are advancing the idea of oil being produced on a continual basis by processes we do not currently understand. It is wisdom to know the limits of your knowledge. It is also rare to have wisdom. If, in fact these wells are being replenished, it is at a rate below what we are pumping it out at. So naturally it appears dry. For awhile. Fills back up, and is a producing well again. What is so hard to understand about that?



I would apply this to your post - oil has not been detected on moons around other planets- this is a baseless assertion. Sorry. Methane and many other hydrocarbons have - but not oil. Secondly the Russians are synthesising oil - as were the Germans during the second world war - we have had this information for a very long time - and the same people who synthesise oil are well and truly agreed to the fact that oil is a hydro carbon.

James May from top gear discussed this in his series Big Ideas - where people in America are synthesising oil from THIN AIR - but again it is a process we understand. Simply because we as humans are able to synthesise ice by creating an artificially cold environment in no way negates the fact that ice is frozen water as seen in nature.

Your logic and facts need some serious work.
www.treehugger.com...



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by atlguy
 


When the oil companies drill the oil, it comes out at much, much slower pace. The PSI is extremely low compared to the PSI at the broken well. Basically, if the Rig took in as much oil as the broken well was producing, it would blow out in a second.

This is why no one knew how much oil was being leaked. There are instruments in place to regulate the pressure of the well, so that there isn't a blow out.. so they can say exactly how much oil is put into tankers each day, but they couldn't say how much is spewing now, because the pressure is forcing much, much more oil out.

I don't think they are lying about how much oil they produce.. we can deduce this much from the amount refined, stored, and company profits per barrel.


The oil comes out according to the pressure it is under - nothing else has anything to do with it. The only time the pressure coming out is altered is when it drops below usable pressure - sea / water is then forced in to raise the pressure to continue extraction. Regulators are then used to minimise the pressure of the oil from the source.

Secondly I think you will find that they have been lying about their reserves for a LONG LONG time, especially the worlds largest producer Saudi Arabia.

Here is an entry from today's huffington regarding the dumping carried out by Exxon in Ecuador - one of the worst natural disasters on record, and far, far worse than the current spill. Not considered a spill becuase it was deliberate. And yes they were hiding the oil in an effort to manipulate oil prices......

www.huffingtonpost.com... tent=BlogEntry



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

Originally posted by Rich Z


Have we all been lied to for so long that even with the truth slapping us in the face we still can't see it?

I don't think it is a malicious perversion of truth. It is more like 'that is the way I was taught it is', and 'I don't know how such could be true'. Educated people tend to gain a modicum of arrogance and haughtiness. And it has only been recently that the facts are making themselves obvious, not for a long time. Not bad people, just ill-informed. It also fits into their own religious views, dating the earth with unscientific dates that assume the world is zillions of years old. As it is with the speed of light slowing down drastically. That does not fit into their religious 'athiestic' views, therefore they choose to ignore it. Be gracious.


This is very difficult to follow as it is slightly incoherent. Are you saying that the earth is not in fact 4.5 billion years of age ? And if so how is that you are discrediting the entire scientific community without any evidence beyond personal assertion ?

Finally how can one have an A Theist - meaning without God - theoretical position be religious when it is specifically without religious tenants ? This is nonsensical. Atheism could be considered a considered position of logical rationale - but to assign the status of religion is self projection.



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If you guys think oil hasn't hit its peak quit your jobs and come to work with me for a while and you will see how dead wrong you are easy oil is a thing of the past we drill deeper and deeper and produce less oil off of every well sometimes you luck out and hit a good seam and the next is a duster. I could explain to you all how oil is maid but I don't have the time nor the patients to explain it. Go out and do some real research talk to the guys that are in the game and I don't mean big business but the average
Joe that's out there every day. From ruffneck to service crew to plant operators then try and tell me we haven't hit peak oil!



posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Canadian Kid 87
 


Further more if we weren't running out we wouldn't have to develop new technologies like vertical drilling or co2 injection or deep sea exploration to pull out what little is left. Not all oil is liquid but some is compressed almost into rock form and after time it breaks up and that's why a well might stop producing oil for a short time then bounce back again. Just like not all crude is in the same some is light like motor oil or even gasoline and some is so thick it looks like tar or wax when it comes out and the heavier the oil the more it cost to produce and refine.





top topics
 
107
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join