It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One, huge question about the BP disaster that nobody is asking...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
We all remember BP's original statement that they were losing 5,000 bpd from the well. Then scientists said it was more like 100k bpd. Then the government said that it was about 10k bpd - not 100k. A few weeks later, they said "Ok - maybe it is 100k bpd."

Now we've got new figures of 350k bpd spewing out of the wellhead, (ATS Link) and a total of 420-840 MILLION barrels leaked so far. (ATS link)

To me, it all seems to point to one thing - BP was lying from the outset about the amount of oil this well was producing before the explosion. If they're lying about this one, they're probably lying about ALL of the ones they own, as are the owners of every other oil well on the planet.

Why would they lie about it?

For starters, everyone here knows about the "peak oil" theory. If the petrocompanies say that oil is getting harder to get out of the ground, they charge more for it and we end up getting hosed. Meanwhile, they continue to set record after record in regards to company profits.

What do you think would happen if instead of having to pump like hell to get oil out of the ground, that oil was practically GUSHING out of their wells? Better still - that the wells were not "running dry" as we've been told, and were instead being replenished via a chemical process near the core of the earth (abiotic oil)? That the oil companies were shutting down "dry wells" just to keep the lie alive?

The answer is that the world economy would crash and crash hard.

By and large, most nations are deeply vested in petrodollars. Were oil to suddenly drop in price to $5 a barrel, many countries would simply implode - mainly the OPEC cartel and our pals in the big oil companies. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by propagating the myth of peak oil.

I think the smoking gun is in plain-sight - surrounded by little unmanned subs and blowing hundreds of thousands of barrels a day into the gulf.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Damn good question. But i fear that no one will care too much about this.. Havent you heard, Lohan is going to jail.. That is much more in the forefront of Amercians minds..

Peak oil is a scam, and most corporations are starting to show their evil, satanic ways. Banks, corporations, christ, even charities!!

Last couple years, I thought people were waking up.. I was gravely mistaken. They are getting dumber and dumber. Yeah, TV programming is doing its job to misdirect the masses....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
as horrible as this oil disaster is, the one good thing about it is it shows the peak oil theory is bunk, the oil scarcity is artificial, and I believe this incident was planned to fail in order to prevent off shore drilling so Saudi Arabia and OPEC could continue to enslave the western world.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I fail to see how the oil crisis disproves the peak oil theory.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Then allow me to inform you.....the abiotic theory of oil, flys in the face of the old dinosaur oil theory.
In abiotic theory, oil is produced by mother earth on a continuing basis deep down near the core.....heat and pressure combine to produce the hydrocarbons which we call oil.
This process is ongoing and eternal.
There are wells which have continued to produce oil long after they were expected to run dry.
These wells went through a period of slow wind down of production, till one day they began to produce once more at their old rate....
(one in saudi arabia produces 300,000 bbl per day!)
It apears as if the oil below them is replentished with fresh supplies of oil from time to time....
It is theorised that these lucky wells have tapped into an oil channel deep in the earth,and that the crude is never gonna stop flowing.
So much for "peak oil".
Abiotic production of oil is getting more aparent to geologists every day.
This is why the hole they drilled is so deep(there is another they just finished before moving to the macondo block, thats only slightly less deep.
They must go down to these ancient channels where the abiotic oil flows.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I think anyone who is a radical out-of-the-box thinker knows, peak (and ebb of) oil is BS.

Oil is a natural resource that replenishes itself. It's not a puddle of liquefied dinosaur bones (fossil fuel) that mysteriously runs low and all of a sudden, reappears when 'they' say so!

OIL? It's the "O" in god (gold, oil, drugs). The three commodities that the PTB own thus, runs & rules this planet (and its minion)!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I think you're on to something. I've been following the news that oil platforms are moving out of the GoM to other countries. If there is a big plan, maybe this is part of it.

News story on the movement of oil rigs: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I thought that the question was going to be "Why the Federal Government is delaying testing of the new cap and allowing the oil to flow unchecked? Another question that could be asked is "Why is the Federal Government interfering with the drilling of the relief wells?".

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Isn't oil the reason for the rapid inflation? They say we are running dry of oil but fish and birds are dealing with millions of gallons of oil in the gulf. Its very sad to think the greedy rich oil companies don't care about us. They are the base of all evil in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
Now we've got new figures of 350k bpd spewing out of the wellhead, (ATS Link)

Read that thread. There were massive flaws in his methodology.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

(ERROR) LOOK AT END***

Obviously if there is close to a billion barrels out of there so far and it still only now just began to lose ever so little of its pressure, there's billions more down there. And seeing as this constituted a very small part of the Earth, there would be ever more billions out there.

using minimum mathematical guesswork: 2 billion barrels from one well, and 3.5 million oil rigs. We can use even less statistics of:

3,500,000 X 2,000,000,000 =

World oil consumption:

That would mean we should have hit peak oil eons ago, considering consumption is 85 times that of availability, not counting land sources.

Peak oil is not here and there's a billion barrels coming out of the oil well. if we have not yet hit peak oil, someone's math is very very very very very very very off.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Gorman91]
EDIT

This is incorrect. Sorry.

BBL is not billion barrels a day, though it should be.

Official statement from source:

This entry is the total oil consumed in barrels per day (bbl/day). The discrepancy between the amount of oil produced and/or imported and the amount consumed and/or exported is due to the omission of stock changes, refinery gains, and other complicating factors.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

That's easy and obvious, to control the price of oil. But that not only happens with oil but with diamonds, gold and any other resource which is considered scarce or hard to produce.

And interestingly enough these are exactly the type of resources that feed wars, major conflicts, usually have a huge environmental impact and destroy the lives of many.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I want to interject that when I left the oil fields in 1985 the only work I could get was capping producing wells in the Santa Maria Valley. Wells that there were a couple producing basically off yellow kerosene and copious drip gas at the well head that would burn nicely mixed 50/50 with regular gasoline.
We did a well every three days usually and I worked for at least 18 months steady 6 X 12's with a bonus off day once a month if wanted.
Stepdad was VP of a tool company that rented BOPs, tubing tongs and such. his talk from deep inside back then was the valley was sitting on one of the largest oil deposits he knew about, but gas was going up and we were capping sweet oil wells? Not that all are sweet there it is actually pretty rare as the bulk is mildly sour but in copious amounts. So yeah I have known about abiotic oil a long time as the shear volume of plants and animals needed to produce what is down there will never exist on this planet.
I also have known we are being played at the pump by the ones fetching the crude. Now with the Gulf basically letting their secret out of the bag about abiotic oil to the general population, and hopefully opening some eyes about why and how the gulf came to become a strange mix of plutonic rock and hydrocarbon.
N.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
Why would they lie about it?

for Deepwater Horizon, specifically, they are lying because they are going to be fined for every barrel of oil spilled, under the Clean Water Act.

so that is why they've been underestimating it, and pretending they had no possible way to measure - when in fact they invented a technology to measure the outflow, themselves!

if it is going to cost them money, they will lie.
if it is going to gain them money, i doubt they lie - they can't lie in their own favor, really, about how much oil they get. and surely they want to profit on every last drop.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That's a good question, but this well wasn't in production. It was still in the "exploration" phase and really hadn't started producing oil yet.

With that said though, they still could have well been lying about the potential just as easily as actual production barrels.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Im cautious about this kind of conjecture. Sure, peak oil could possibly be fiction. But does that necessarily mean we can forget about our environmental aspirations to fuel the world with a non-polluting, sustainable source of energy. No, i sure hope not. We cannot live on oil forever, peak or plateau.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You just realized something I knew 20 years ago. I am glad to see more and more people waking up and seeing the truth for what it is. I think that if oil was fossil based we would have never found enough of it in any one place to be of any use. No big pockets to pump out but just a very thin line all over the planet of little use to any one for any thing. We would still be using whale oil for our lighting and using horse and buggy instead of cars. We would still be using steam power for what machines we did have.

The fossil fuel theory will go down beside the flat earth theory in the history books.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I believe it's in their interest to low ball the oil production estimates because they are fined for every gallon spilled, and if they're found negligent the fine per gal. is is increased considerably. I think this is the main reason for the restrictions placed on third parties wanting to investigate and assess the damage and for burning off the oil (does anyone know if there is any count on the amounts that are being burned?)This is the reason that the FAA has imposed a no-fly zone over the affected parts of the gulf.
STH

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Doubles.Oops.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by stopthathurts]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was thinking maybe someone have done it before, but here it goes.

The leak is spewing maybe at max 350k of oil in the gulf. Well that oil is coming from a large space beneath the sea floor. The oil is rushing so fast treu the pressure of the sea. But when the oil stops rushing out to the sea water, meaning that large space where the oil is ,becoming unstable, cause i think sea water could nog get in the large space. The output from the oil was stronger.
See it like a zipper or how do you call this things we sometimes get.
When you squeze the zipper out its gonna retract, it will not be filled with ear.
So when the sea floor is gonna retract ist gonna be violent, for now there's enough counter pressure. But collapse is very likely don't you think?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join