It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One, huge question about the BP disaster that nobody is asking...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I know there is a way to figure out how many gallons per minutes of oil can flow out of a 9 inch dia. pipe at 6800 psi, but I can't remember how to do it. can any one help me out?
I know the pressure hasn't been 6800 psi all the time. there has to be a way to figure an average psi or even if you figure it out at half or 3400psi?
gspiggs

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was kind of wondering how exactly they knew oil was so far down beneath the water. Seems kind of expensive to tow an oil rig out into the ocean to take a wild shot that there might be oil down there. I'm not sure what kind of geological signs are on the ocean bottom that says drill here. Seems like they know if they go down far enough they'll hit oil. And way out there in the ocean who would know how much there pumping out but them?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The one big question that no-one in the US is asking despite many other people about the US asking it, is it really BP that was responsible.

Testimony coming out of the Federal Investigation and given by US contractors is becoming highly revealing.

Sure, BP is also liable as owners, but when you get to read that Transocean Chief technician reveals that safety devices and alarms were allegedly deliberately switched off by Transocean then another picture begins to emerge.

Williams said that the physical alarm system had allegedly been disabled a full year before the disaster because, allegedly, even the most senior Transocean official on the rig had a view that they did not want people woken up at three o'clock in the morning due to false alarms.

When he learned that drill stack safety system had been bypassed, Williams allegedly protested to a Transocean supervisor, Hay, who allegedly dismissed his concerns by saying "Damn thing been in bypass for five years, matter of fact, the entire [Transocean] fleet runs them in bypass."

In my personal opinion perhaps Haliburton's high connections in the press and white house have been whipped up into an anti-BP anti-British frenzy to distract attention from the real culprits. Such a tactic also helps to encourage the break up of BP with a firesale allowing them to snap up some highly valuable assets.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
so curious moment: mass media feign oil spill is finished problem, only articles about hayward are on air

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DizzyDayDream
Im cautious about this kind of conjecture. Sure, peak oil could possibly be fiction. But does that necessarily mean we can forget about our environmental aspirations to fuel the world with a non-polluting, sustainable source of energy. No, i sure hope not. We cannot live on oil forever, peak or plateau.

Well actually we can, Its sad to see someone that obviously likes to keep a good sceptasicm about things; has been brain washed into thinking Green house gases are a factor of Global Warming.

Its a shame that Fuel now has a Stigma attached to it that its dirty and it pollutes when in fact I an many free thinking scientist know that Green house gasses contribute very little compared to a great range of things mainly the sun, but all the core temprature an tidal forces caused by ...gravitation pull of other large bodies. sounds gay but I just happen to know this as I know alot about astronomy an space.. lol

I think NASA recently released a report stating that the "Atmosphere is collapsing" basically the process of clouds forming due to global cooling because of a recent 10 years of low solar output.

I know like C2O an other gases cause alot of problems for people in large cities but I think thats alot more to do with Population Density than Fuel based energy being the problem.

Personally I'd hate to live in a world where fuel based cars were replaced by pathetic electric cars, its just not the same an anyone who disagress obviously hasn't got the same love or cars I do, lol. It'd be a shame if everyone like just got used to driving electric cars no matter how effecient they became. Thats not selfish! its just that they aren't the problem.

The WHOLE POINT is that people need to realise that all this hype about Global warming an Non Polluting technologies is one of the biggest proffiting industries in the current economic climate, they make billions out of scaring people an its true. I know getting of the GRID is obviously a brillant thing for everyone to do. But people like Glen Beck an others that profit from this .. are the people behind the NWO, just look up the people behind these techonogies an you'll see.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Sam Cerulean]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cavehomme

BP knew there were problems with the well for a long time, and they continued.

www.nytimes.com...

BP is indeed culpable. VERY culpable. I really dont know how you can talk around that.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Its a shame that Fuel now has a Stigma attached to it that its dirty and it pollutes when in fact I an many free thinking scientist know that Green house gasses contribute very little compared to a great range of things mainly the sun, but all the core temprature an tidal forces caused by ...gravitation pull of other large bodies. sounds gay but I just happen to know this as I know alot about astronomy an space.. lol

I think NASA recently released a report stating that the "Atmosphere is collapsing" basically the process of clouds forming due to global cooling because of a recent 10 years of low solar output.

I know like C2O an other gases cause alot of problems for people in large cities but I think thats alot more to do with Population Density than Fuel based energy being the problem.

Personally I'd hate to live in a world where fuel based cars were replaced by pathetic electric cars, its just not the same an anyone who disagress obviously hasn't got the same love or cars I do, lol. It'd be a shame if everyone like just got used to driving electric cars no matter how effecient they became. Thats not selfish! its just that they aren't the problem.

The WHOLE POINT is that people need to realise that all this hype about Global warming an Non Polluting technologies is one of the biggest proffiting industries in the current economic climate, they make billions out of scaring people an its true. I know getting of the GRID is obviously a brillant thing for everyone to do. But people like Glen Beck an others that profit from this .. are the people behind the NWO, just look up the people behind these techonogies an you'll see.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Sam Cerulean]

Nonsense and speculation. It's funny that you claim 'green tech' and global warming' are frauds, but seem completely unaware that the current energy companies have been controlling our world for at least a century.

And much of the 'science' you base your anti-global warming ideas on are supported by those energy companies who ALREADY control our world.

So, no, you cant convince me that solar panels are a bigger scam than oil and coal.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Actually, oil companies don't 'control' that much. They are simply filthy rich from the natural processes of earth's abiotic oil, and irresponsible when they handle it. They control a portion of our incomes if we use the resources, yes. They control lies, such as peak oil, and probably others. But at least you get a decent product if you like gasoline. The refinement process is an added value to the free crude they steal from the planet's shell.

What is worrisome are the lobbyists who live to screw everyone day in day out. They live to lie. Imagine being one? They ought to be rounded up if a rev comes on.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

So, to clarify...; you think global warming is the biggest fraud ever, but think oil (and coal) companies are basically benign?

Well, at least its a consistent philosophy. Especially since the oil companies are the ones screaming about 'cap and trade' being a fraud at the top of their lungs (almost as if they dont want to have to pay for their pollution).

[edit on 28-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Oil companies are not going to pay a dime for cap & trade, we are. I really start to wonder how anyone cannot realize this. The only way this could be avoided is a complete nationalization at which point there won't be any to buy.

Remember that we were importing 25% in 1979 when that genius of foreign policy and domestic policy Jimmy Carter had the government help and we had gas lines and shortages. After forming the DOE with only one goal, reduce foreign dependency on oil, we now have a bureaucracy spending $30 billion per year with 35,000 employees and we import 60% of our fuel and refine less than 50%. Note however, that we don't have any shortages since the government is not involved. Just once when I hear about foreign imports, I wish someone would mention that all imports are made by private companies deliveringa product to a willing consumer.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Someone on another message board mentioned 'fossil fuels' in one of his liberal context postings. I replied: what are fossil fuels?

He comes back with some sort of images that have nothing to do with the question. They are designed to illustrate that this little midwestern puke lives close enough to me to have gathered info on my life, gossip etc...which isn't surprising really, but those who cling to peak oil (fossil fuel) haven't a clue. They have feelings of low self-esteem and guilt which depend on a regular stream of media lies and historical myths in order to feel as though their guilt is substantiated. It's a conditioning game. Yes, masses are being dumbed down much faster than truth is being exposed. And their vote counts every bit as much as the votes of those who know to look for the truth. It's a shame. I don't know if other countries are screening who gets in their media, but they certainly ought to be doing everything in their power to prevent what happened to America. They cannot be everywhere all at once, especially if their tactics are known, and hated.

I said hated.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cavehomme

The problem with this theory that has been floated a few times is an alarm does not prevent a blowout. It merely warns of it. BP knew there were problems with the well as early as march of this year.

"BP Cited ‘Well Control Situation’ Six Weeks Before Blowout"

www.businessweek.com...

I do think there is truth to the notion that halliburton seems to be getting off scott free, but to imply that BP are being unfairly targeted is just not supported by t he facts. They knew they had a 'well from hell' on their hands, and they chose to push ahead anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
weird news about relief well:-)

BP will use this channel to pump the mud and cement through the bottom and fill the area between the casing and the wellbore itself

officially, they sealed off hole & nothing seeps out from there -- wth area can be possible?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join