It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One, huge question about the BP disaster that nobody is asking...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
notice the term "trace" when talking about organic components contained in petroleum - your not burning moss in your engine your burning hydro carbons.

light grade is the most sought after and it's 97% hydrocarbons by volume up to. not 97% dead coral matter - it's not science to claim what it might contain only what it's known to.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by Morpheas
I believe peak oil is real.. just because a few wells are refilling doesn't count for the thousands that aren't.

How about those abiotic theorists explain

PEAK COAL

(with fossils).

coal is petrofyed forests encased in earth as a deposit

if a forest turns into coal whats left to turn into oil?

You are joking aren't you? Unless your "theory" assumes that every last ounce of Organic matter decomposes and changes identically and that the original composition of matter is identical........DUH!

Ever heard what geologists who worked for oil companies are saying : the oil companies have lied for years about the amount of oil (over stated) simply to ensure we DONT switch to another source of fuel DUH!!! Also note that OPEC operates a cartel where the income you get is based on a proportion of the clubs assets. The more you "apparently" have the greater the income. Now only a complete moron would ever think that that won't encourage over stated capacity DUH!!!!!

Oh and finally : ever heard of technology? That's where the cost of "anything" falls as techniques improve. For example the ability to extract more oil from a well. Did you know that years ago only 50% was extracted!!!!! That is why supposed oil wells "don't run dry" It's a technological short term con.

All in all we are past peak oil. The amount of oil (abundance) is a con to get a greater share of the pot. OPEC balances the lack of oil versus overtstated capacity versus oil prices. That's t he con and the oil consuming west just can't stop its addiction.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

On what basis to you assert it's a myth. I've been researching this for a while...can you show me your source? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hi, iv been away from ats 4 a while & have not gone through all of th replys in this thread, but, after watching th news earlier 2day, th artical was linked 2 th B.P disaster. They were mentionin th lochabie plane bombin, and how B.P had organised or had some kind of deal that if th british & scottish government set free the monster responsible 4 th plane bombing, then B.P could buy th oil in libiya cheap. or something like that... Now u ungreatful yanks out there are blaming us 4 eveything... We were there wen u lot went after th oil, oops i mean weapons of mass distruction now ur tryin 2 make out that our BRITISH gonernment are as corrupt as ur american 1... It makes me sick...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by squidley_35]

[edit on 14-7-2010 by squidley_35]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Washington Times article 2004:

Oil unlimited?

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

BP makes most of their money from investing in the oil market and futures - little known fact. They have such vast reserves of cash that they are more of a financials market player than oil.

The recent bottoming out of their price - and then rapid rise netted them billions. They again sold as things turned south.

Oil is the most important thing on earth - but they make more from manipulating its price than actually selling the stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

When the oil companies drill the oil, it comes out at much, much slower pace. The PSI is extremely low compared to the PSI at the broken well. Basically, if the Rig took in as much oil as the broken well was producing, it would blow out in a second.

This is why no one knew how much oil was being leaked. There are instruments in place to regulate the pressure of the well, so that there isn't a blow out.. so they can say exactly how much oil is put into tankers each day, but they couldn't say how much is spewing now, because the pressure is forcing much, much more oil out.

I don't think they are lying about how much oil they produce.. we can deduce this much from the amount refined, stored, and company profits per barrel.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

I agree with most of what you say. One thing I would add, though, is that at the same time as telling us we have to cut carbon emissions because of our use of oil based products, the financial terrorists buy up every single patent for clean energy alternatives - such as water fuelled engines, green, non-oil based alternatives for industry. They have bought up and suppressed monumental numbers of patents....all to protect their own oil racket.

At the same time, they apply one of their time-honoured strategies:

Create a problem: (greenhouse gasses and oil shortage)
Make a huge deal out of it: (via mainstream media)
Provide a solution: Increased taxes on fuel, carbon taxes, inflation, etc. - all of which means more and more money taken from the people, straight into the coffers of the bankters and the con-porations.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Dude, that is a reeeeeeaaaaaaally good point. I was wondering how one well could produce the size of slick that covers that large an area of the gulf. ONE well.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What I would like to know is, If oil is fossil based/decaying organic matter, how did it manage to get to over four miles deep and deeper? This alone causes many other questions to arise, When was this organic material on the surface and how did it get to such depths? What was the massive geological upheaval that sent this organic matter to those depths? Why aren't we seeing new organic oil being made in this manner in our day and age? Something definetely stinks here and it's not just the oil...or am I just another one of the ignorant masses

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

FAIL post. Self removed.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

The number one law of Archaeology, Geology and any other science that deals with the Earth:

Law of Stratigraphy.

This Law of Natural Science basically says that Layers show the age and eras of the Earth, however by logical consent, we have to assume the top layers are the youngest, older layers are underneath. It would be impossible for a new layer to form under 100 different older layers.

So we assume 4 miles down an oil well is formed, if we assume that it was in fact from decaying matter... it would have to have formed BEFORE all other layers.

This is impossible, because it would assume the Earth is ever expanding, adding material to it's mass when we know it's not.. That leaves only one other option .. that like other natural processes, oil is formed under the Earths crust not from decaying material, but from the natural combination of Hydrogen and Carbon, both very abundant on Earth.

4 miles is about 3.5 miles deeper than the furthest fossils. It makes no sense to call it a fossil fuel.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I too thought people were waking up, but like you I feel people are getting dumber and dumber and are listening more and more to mainstream media and the government... Shame, the poor little sheep...

The way things are going in regards to the public, the government can tell the people we need your bank details and safe locations in your house to PROTECT you the people from hahah.. TERRORIST... and most Americans would buy it because it came from the government by the all trusting media...

That's probably why TPTB think that depopulation is a good idea.. What are they getting rid of? Dumbasses... for anyone with half a brain would see the sham and act accordingly to protect themselves and loved ones from TPTB...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yes, this also raises another question.
2yrs ago during the 'oil' shortage, when we had oil up around, $150 a barrel ( I think ) the smallest thing fluctuated the price.

Conflict, fears, inuendo..

This is apparently the flagship oil rig.. yet prices havent moved much.

To me, it shows they were purely stealing money from motorists when that crap was occuring.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You have ALL missed the main point of PEAK OIL .

Do some RESEARCH people! Christ alive!

Peak Oil doesn't claim we are running out of oil.... We are always going to have oil in the ground.

Peak Oil isn't saying that we have used up nearly all the oil available in the ground, aka "every last drop".

It is saying we are hitting that point where oil demand and use due to population growth and expansion is colliding with a finite resource.

There are TRILLIONS of barrels worth of oil still left in the ground. Enough to supply our current civilization (should population stabilize) for a very long time.

HOWEVER, we have used up all the easy to drill and obtain oil onland. The majority of that oil is GONE.

All you people out there claiming abiotic oil is real because a few onland oil reservoirs have been "re-filling" need to wake up to the fact that they are refilling simply because there is another oil pocket that is relatively close by seeping into the now dead oil hole.

Another fact you are all overlooking is that most oil fields do not get depleted 100%. It is practically impossible to extract every last drop because there exists such a term as EROEI.

EROEI stands for "Energy Returned Over Energy Invested". So in other words extracting oil COSTS oil to do it, and the moment you start burning ONE barrel of oil to get ONE barrel of oil the oil field is considered dead.

But there is still oil in there! It's just too hard and to resource costly to extract it! This doesn't mean that they have been "re-filling".

FACT: The entire globe burns and consumes 1 Billion barrels of oil every 11 and a 1/2 days.

Just let that figure sink in for a moment.

The Gulf Of Mexico oil field is a drop in bucket compared to what our world needs and uses.

The world now uses 85 million barrels of oil a DAY.

That means the world now uses the equivalent of ALL the oil that has so far spewed into the Gulf in a DAY and some!

Just do the research and you'll find it is a moot point as to wether oil is dead dinosaurs or abiotic (It is dead compressed matter.... So get over it and deal with it). The fact is our consumption and demand and thirst for oil is far outstripping the production.

That is why we are pushing to move into deepwater oil. That is why we are going to keep seeing oil related disasters because "extreme oil" is all that is left.

Therefore PEAK OIL people.

I highly doubt my post is going to matter a squat to the majority of ATS members however, as everything needs to be a conspiracy for them and I've blown their conspiracy theory out of the water (no pun intended).

Peak Oil is NOT a sham. The faster people do some research into this and get accustomed to it the better they will be prepared psychologically for when our civilization runs off the cliff and into the abyss.

C'mon people... just do the research it isn't hard

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pondrthis
People who are hung up on "dinosaur bones" for creating biotic oil are, plainly put, stupid.

Realize that your sweet little twenty-four year old third-grade teacher was trying to simplify a complex process for you. It's not just freaking dinosaur bones, it's any organic matter, i.e. the remains of carbon-based lifeforms.

And has anyone ever actually seen inside an oil well? They're ridiculously deep, and chock-full of BLACK matter. It's not like you can feed an optical cable down there and see something. For all you know, those smoking-gun dinosaur bones you so wish to see are right there in the well.

And you wouldn't find oil "everywhere you find dinosaur bones". Only places under enough thermal and mechanical stress can become oil wells.

If you're going to doubt the peak oil theory, there are a whole lot more intelligent and reasonable arguments than, "but we don't see T-rex bones!11!!"

j.h.c, about time there was some actual reasoned information in this silly thread. i'm not saying the concept of the op isn't out of the question. it's just extremely unlikely and there is zero proof. ZERO. and as with the majority of conspiracy theories, the infrastructure required to secure this idea would be an absolute impossibility. every oil company, every university, every geologist, biologist, scientist, for that matter, in the entire world. c'mon.

i might add, the ridiculous idea that someone espoused about expecting to find dinosaur bones in oil (i thought i had heard it all, but nooooo): you do realize that there wasn't one set of dinosaurs that lived on the earth, died, then supposedly created the world's oil?

like the poster above said, we're talking about a scope that includes the entire planet's living material over millions of millennia.

do you realize that there were dinosaurs on the earth who walked on oil deposits created by living material including previous dinosaurs from millions of years before them? dinosaurs were on this planet for a long, long time, ok?

and all the dinosaurs, all the ferns, trees, ants, seaweed, ad infinitum ... all that, which constantly renews, is covered by earth and/or water and/or rock and creates the pot from which some of it may be heated and pressurized to create fossil fuels over millions of years.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I do not asume that BP was lying here. Though they may very well have from the onset. To me, the whole thing stank as soon as the rig went down. I immediatly believed it to be sabatage. Whether it was from a foreign entity, ie sub, or just infiltration, we will probably never know.

You do not deploy SWAT teams to other oil rigs and platforms, unless you believe something has happened other then and accident. They did that. What is a SWAT team going to do. "If you move one more fathom Oil Slick, Ill shoot you!" NO, you deploy SWAT when there is a clear and present danger from an Armed Force, ie bad guy.

Now as far as the lying goes. Obama is the one in charge there. It's his ball game, his lies, his suspension of the Constitution, his failure. What are they really covering up?? Thats the 10 bugajizillion dollar question.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Oh sorry, it's far worse. Look above. It's more like 80+ quadrillion barrels a day.

EDIT:
incorrect.

this entry is the total oil consumed in barrels per day (bbl/day). The discrepancy between the amount of oil produced and/or imported and the amount consumed and/or exported is due to the omission of stock changes, refinery gains, and other complicating factors.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Can you please elaborate what your talking about?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Sorry. I fail. Check it. BBL/day one would think that means Billion Barells a day phenetically.

But I fail.

his entry is the total oil consumed in barrels per day (bbl/day). The discrepancy between the amount of oil produced and/or imported and the amount consumed and/or exported is due to the omission of stock changes, refinery gains, and other complicating factors.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join