It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One, huge question about the BP disaster that nobody is asking...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ah # now you've done it! You are now a target of the PTB for disclosing the fact that the emperor has no clothes!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I know I probably have to research it first and it may be a stupid question... but when a working rig pumps oil from a well, wont it be controlled? to a workable limit as in 5000 barrels a day, because they simply don't have the possible resources to produce 100k actual barrels to be shipped?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You do realize your figure shows 85 quadrillion barrels have already been used?!

source please.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by atlguy
Why would they lie about it?

for Deepwater Horizon, specifically, they are lying because they are going to be fined for every barrel of oil spilled, under the Clean Water Act.

so that is why they've been underestimating it, and pretending they had no possible way to measure - when in fact they invented a technology to measure the outflow, themselves!

if it is going to cost them money, they will lie.
if it is going to gain them money, i doubt they lie - they can't lie in their own favor, really, about how much oil they get. and surely they want to profit on every last drop.

Ok let me splain this to you in simple words.

Have we ever (since the 70's) NOT had enough oil???

Lieing about how much oil they can get doesn't cost them money, it makes them money by always having JUST enough and making the market believe they are running short, it drives up costs and they make bigger profits on each barrel of oil that they do sell.

If they drilled every ounce of oil that they could we would have 17 times what we need and prices would drop to 5-10 dollars a barrel. they would lose huge amounts of profits.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.helium.com...

you might want to read this

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In some respects it could be like diamonds, based on the demand they control the output so they can hike up the prices?

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Can someone answer this about abiotic oil:

1) Has it not been proven that organic matter/fossils create oil? I assume it has not been proven because there is no way to synthetically create the environment in such a short period of time. So what is the basis for us to assume organic matter creates oil? Where does it come from?

2) If abiotic oil theory is real, does that imply the well will NEVER stop gushing oil?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

one of the best kept secerets around
thanks op for bringing this to our attension
there are oil resereves around the world like in nz that have been located drilled and capped for twenty years

with the amount of oil under hati texas new zealand and other countries
the oil companys have conspirered to let us think that these deposits are fossils

how much living orginizims would it take to make half of these deposits

all the life there has ever been couldnt account for half of it

petro dollars are the control mecanisim for economies world wide and this oil is the life blood for commerce

when ever someone wants a new deppresion just raise the price of oil

minerals only have value when they are useful but if they are artificially scarse you can charge more

think diamionds if the debears released all the diamionds onto the market the price would crash

everything is priced on shipping costs included oil can effect all prices

XplOdeR

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You know how we have recently been discovering that some "xtremophile" bacteria can live in near boiling water (Yellowstone) or in high sulfuric acid solution springs (some caves in south America)?

My theory is that MOST oil we are discovering comes from bacteria deep down in the earth's crust, most likely actually immediately BENEATH the earth's crust. They only live under high pressure and heat. It's those bacteria that are creating all that oil.

Now, some of the oil might be "fossil" fuel, from ancient bogs/marshes that collected huge masses of dead plant/animal life. But we don't see enough of those kinds of "pre-conditions" today to explain how some of these oil deposits are so large and widespread NOR how deep many oil deposits are. The shallow oil deposits were most likely fossil fuel, but the deeper ones, I believe, are bacteria generated.

Life on this planet, especially plant life, hasn't been around long enough to have been buried as deep as many oil deposits we are finding/using.

There has never been a "chemical process" that could even be theorized to create the so called "abiotic" oil. The only logical explanation is that the oil is being created by bacteria living right now in an on-going process deep down in the earth's crust.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by Morpheas
I believe peak oil is real.. just because a few wells are refilling doesn't count for the thousands that aren't.

How about those abiotic theorists explain

PEAK COAL

(with fossils).

coal is petrofyed forests encased in earth as a deposit

if a forest turns into coal whats left to turn into oil?

if the deeper you go the more the radio active the elements in the oil
then the oil that is younger is deeper. as the surface deposits have depleated there radioactive material more it would seam to me the deeper you go the younger the oil

if this is correct the oil is created deep underground in a process that has very little to do with dinosaur fossils

if this oil is created in a natural process then you would expect to see deposits world wide

well there are world wide deposits we just arnt told about them

XPLOdeR

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Furthermore, those who think this is a political issue today must be aware that future generations are more likely to consider this a health issue. Especially if we don't clean up our act as soon as possible, rather than as soon as is most convinient!!!

I dont think many realise how truly delicate this global ecosystem is. We cannot go on poisoning our home and ourselves like this for much longer.

We're so damn reckless as a species, it defies all belief in the beauty of our existence, and denies all existence in the beauty of areas such as the Gulf of Mexico. We're sick, no thanks to oil, and the reckless barons who rely on our reliance, which feeds compliance to this messed up political system!!

.... pass the flaming torch, pass my headband, already wearing my bandanna (0_o!!), bury the guns, unearth the heads from the sand, lights up a spliff and occupy a bank rooftop with some solar panels, a huge soundsystem and good company.. ... ... maybe the plan is to make us all angry so they can lock us up and call us insane crackpots, not realising were probably the least deluded people alive right now.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Resources can run out and why we need to move to sustainable
energy which there is plenty.

Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Ocean Current, LFTR reactors using thorium
that will dispose of radioactive waste, and many others.

1% of the power of the jet streams could replace all forms of
power currently in use on the planet.

Tidal and wave power could replace all other forms of power on earth.

The bay of fundy alone is a 26 million horse power water engine.

Good Luck to you all !

Interesting as I see another future lesson in the so called "clean energy".

When you start harvesting energy from things such as the "jet stream" and wind you interrupt the previous intention and effect of that "resource"

Its the consumption that is the true issue we just flat out consume way to much energy and there are just flat out too many freaking people on earth consuming this energy and it is definately not getting better.

For example: If you start to go clean with energy and start erecting these HUGE wind farms to harvest air currents etc. What downfall could come from this? That wind serves a purpose and its not to power you 55inch LCD TV. That wind for thousands of years before us was doing a job that will be inhibited now because that energy will be taken off course so to speak.

Same thing with ocean currents and water current based generators. That water current is serving a purpose and its not to power a 55" LCD TV. It has been doing so for thousands of years and as naive as humans are we will probably completely overlook this until 50 years from now waves aren't washing up on shore and crops wont grow because we have essentially taken the earths ability to provide for us away so we can watch more freaking TV!!!!

These green alternatives are practical in moderation. But like I said earlier that is essentially the root problem of energy....We are quite simply using way too much.(period)

The enrgy crisis will not be solved by erecting wind farms and hoover damn type generators and casing the earth in solar pannels.....It is a lifestyle problem that governments like the US are trying to perpetuate WORLD WIDE! In light of this energy crisis I'm beginning to think those 3'rd world countries have it right. Ironicaly WSHTF they will probably be the last ones standing...lol

But I mean not to judge anyone here as much as enlighten some to what truely is the root problem in regards to resource and energy consumption.

I am as guilty as it gets typing this on my 22" computer monitor and yes, a 55" LCD TV in the other room. I was influenced, manipulated, devieved by the society I grew up in. Just now in these last years am I waking up and seeing where this all came from and where it is all going. I like to think that those who know better, DO better! And on that note...anyone want to buy a 55" LCD TV? lol

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
post was twiced with connection trouble [delete it, Please].

[edit on 14-7-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Amici, it's very curiously -- this Link was on the Google news page. more official reports, Google used to

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You are the one who has been brainwashed. Big oil doesn't have to play con games to set the price of oil, because they literally have us over the barrel, by having our infrastructure set up to depend solely on gasoline driven vehicles. Big oil has been doing whatever it has wanted to do for a long time.

However, even their monopoly over world transportation has its limits.

If gasoline become too pricey, then alternative fuels and transportation will become more affordable and therefore more competitive in the markets. AS the sweet crude becomes more and more difficult to find, the oil industry going to have to find other sources to keep them in the market. This is a matter of reality.

All the oil producing regions have ran dry, and now it is happening to the Middle East, as predicted. Only fools ignore the evidence.

Oil is made of organic matter. This is a matter of science. There is absolutely no proof that oil is made from non-organic matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You are the one who has been brainwashed. Big oil doesn't have to play con games to set the price of oil, because they literally have us over the barrel, by having our infrastructure set up to depend solely on gasoline driven vehicles. Big oil has been doing whatever it has wanted to do for a long time.

If gasoline become too pricey, then alternative fuels and transportation will become more affordable and therefore more competitive in the markets. AS the sweet crude becomes more and more difficult to find, the oil industry going to have to find other sources to keep them in the market. This is a matter of reality.

All the oil producing regions have ran dry, and now it is happening to the Middle East, as predicted. Only fools ignore the evidence.

Oil is made of organic matter. This is a matter of science. There is absolutely no proof that oil is made from non-organic matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

so-called abiotic oil can be due to nearby reservoirs. about no-proof, agreed with you.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Apparently, Russia discovered this about 40 years ago and since then has quietly developed the technology to access this 'abiotic' oil, which involves drilling to a super-deep level (does that sound familiar?) At this depth, the earth's magma produces a constant supply of oil, which doesn't run out. From what I have read, Russia has secretly been extracting oil this way for 30-40 years,

www.engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net...

I don't know how long the West has known about this. It seems however, that the BP drill in the Gulf was an attempt to drill super-deep to access a-biotic oil. It looks as though they succeeded in reaching the oil.

So it is looking very likely that this is a source of abiotic oil, and if so, it is unlimited and will not stop. From other things I have read, this may be the first time this has been attempted 'off shore', so stopping it is very tricky.

I am hoping and praying, therefore, that the spill is indeed a red flag, and that these criminals actually can stop it when they decide they want to.

The drilling of an abiotic well could explain the secrecy involved. The evil thugs will absolutely not want the public to know that sources of unlimited oil exist, because this would cause a huge drop in oil prices, which they are keeping articially high, based on an artificial shortage, to further their evil plan.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

That is a myth about Russian deep will oil sources. All of their deep wells have been for scientific research, no oil pulled out of them. The U.S. has also drilled deep wells, and again, no ambiotic oil.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

it's reading time about what petroleum has been actually proven to be made of

Composition

In its strictest sense, petroleum includes only crude oil, but in common usage it includes both crude oil and natural gas. Both crude oil and natural gas are predominantly a mixture of hydrocarbons. Under surface pressure and temperature conditions, the lighter hydrocarbons methane, ethane, propane and butane occur as gases, while the heavier ones from pentane and up are in the form of liquids or solids. However, in the underground oil reservoir the proportion which is gas or liquid varies depending on the subsurface conditions, and on the phase diagram of the petroleum mixture.[4]

An oil well produces predominantly crude oil, with some natural gas dissolved in it. Because the pressure is lower at the surface than underground, some of the gas will come out of solution and be recovered (or burned) as associated gas or solution gas. A gas well produces predominately natural gas. However, because the underground temperature and pressure are higher than at the surface, the gas may contain heavier hydrocarbons such as pentane, hexane, and heptane in the gaseous state. Under surface conditions these will condense out of the gas and form natural gas condensate, often shortened to condensate. Condensate resembles gasoline in appearance and is similar in composition to some volatile light crude oils.

The proportion of light hydrocarbons in the petroleum mixture is highly variable between different oil fields and ranges from as much as 97% by weight in the lighter oils to as little as 50% in the heavier oils and bitumens.

The hydrocarbons in crude oil are mostly alkanes, cycloalkanes and various aromatic hydrocarbons while the other organic compounds contain nitrogen, oxygen and sulfur, and trace amounts of metals such as iron, nickel, copper and vanadium. The exact molecular composition varies widely from formation to formation but the proportion of chemical elements vary over fairly narrow limits as follows:[5]
Composition by weight Element Percent range
Carbon 83 to 87%
Hydrogen 10 to 14%
Nitrogen 0.1 to 2%
Oxygen 0.1 to 1.5%
Sulfur 0.5 to 6%
Metals < 0.1%

Four different types of hydrocarbon molecules appear in crude oil. The relative percentage of each varies from oil to oil, determining the properties of each oil.[4]
Composition by weight Hydrocarbon Average Range
Paraffins 30% 15 to 60%
Naphthenes 49% 30 to 60%
Aromatics 15% 3 to 30%
Asphaltics 6% remainder
Most of the world's oils are non-conventional.[6]

Crude oil varies greatly in appearance depending on its composition. It is usually black or dark brown (although it may be yellowish or even greenish). In the reservoir it is usually found in association with natural gas, which being lighter forms a gas cap over the petroleum, and salin

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join