It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One, huge question about the BP disaster that nobody is asking...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I fail to see how the oil crisis disproves the peak oil theory.

This is true, and I think the OP is missing the point that just one man
came to them with the issue back in late 1950's and gave
congressional testimony, MK Hubbert.

He was basically laughed at and they inferred he was an idiot.

As for oil being Abiotic, that is possible, the oil we have used was
made thru natural processes and in truth we can grow oil via
vertical hydroponics as Valcent has done.

But the issue is the rate of consumption.

We are using it faster than nature can turn dead bio matter into
new oil.

The U.S. alone uses 22 million barrels per "day", then think about
the other 170+ countries.

As for the well being dry it is true as some of the older wells
here in my state have been verified as dry by the ppl that own the land.

Same deal for some of the old wells in Texas.

It is also happening in other countries not friendly to the US,
and you want me to believe someone got all of them to cooperate
on this lie ???

Don't buy into the lindsey william stories.

Also if you use simple math, it costs millions of dollars to setup a
large offshore drilling platform.

If there is easy oil on shore then just keep drilling it.

Saudi Arabia has moved to offshore drilling that costs much more.

That should tell you something.

Resources can run out and why we need to move to sustainable
energy which there is plenty.

Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Ocean Current, LFTR reactors using thorium
that will dispose of radioactive waste, and many others.

1% of the power of the jet streams could replace all forms of
power currently in use on the planet.

Tidal and wave power could replace all other forms of power on earth.

The bay of fundy alone is a 26 million horse power water engine.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
We all remember BP's original statement that they were losing 5,000 bpd from the well. Then scientists said it was more like 100k bpd. Then the government said that it was about 10k bpd - not 100k. A few weeks later, they said "Ok - maybe it is 100k bpd."

Now we've got new figures of 350k bpd spewing out of the wellhead, (ATS Link) and a total of 420-840 MILLION barrels leaked so far. (ATS link)

To me, it all seems to point to one thing - BP was lying from the outset about the amount of oil this well was producing before the explosion.

Lemme stop you right there.

It wasn't a producing well when the explosion occurred.

At 09:45 p.m. CDT 20 April 2010, during the final phases of drilling the exploratory well at Macondo, a geyser of seawater erupted from the marine riser onto the rig, shooting 240 ft (73 m) into the air. This was soon followed by the eruption of a slushy combination of mud, methane gas, and water. The gas component of the slushy material quickly transitioned into a fully gaseous state and then ignited into a series of explosions and then a firestorm. An attempt was made to activate the blowout preventer, but it failed.

Yes, there was obviously oil down there, but it was still an exploratory well.

Now, have they downplayed estimates? Of course - they're trying to limit liability. Hence the dispersant at the source - less visible oil, less impact on BP's bottom line.

Are the BP execs scumbags? Yes, like those at all oil companies. But let's not start seeing things that aren't there. It just brings down ATS's credibility and makes legitimate theories suspect.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yeah, this is interesting. Heck even as a kid I thought the idea of oil coming from decomposed dinosaurs and plant matter was completely ridiculous. How did so much of those plants and animals get so deep underground to be pressurized into crude oil?

Have we all been lied to for so long that even with the truth slapping us in the face we still can't see it?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

The fossil fuel theory will go down beside the flat earth theory in the history books.

Doubt it. People are already geared to believe the liars so they'll come up with another plausible theory and the public will bite. After all, they still believe in the trickle down theory don't they?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If peak oil is a myth, then why are they drilling these deep water well which are so risky and expensive?

Why haven't all those old oil wells filled up with fresh sweet crude if this unproven ambiotic oil process exists?

Earth's oil productivity peaked in 2005,and the Saudis are barely meeting their current oil production levels, which are down considerably from 2005.

The easy to get, sweet crude is running out, and BP trying to cover their arses on how much crude has gushed into the Gulf isn't proof that peak oil isn't a well documented fact.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It IS a very good question. I have always questioned the "dead dinosaur bones decomposed" eory as to where oil came from.

Oil deposits have NOT been found with dinosaur bones and dinosaur bones have NOT been found with oil deposits.

If oil was truly dinosaur bones decomposed, then there would be bits of dinosaur bones in with the oil - the bones wouldn't have decomposed 100%.

Vice versa, where ever there are large deposits of dinosaur bones, you would ALWAYS expect to find oil.

It doesn't work that way - ergo, the "decomposed dino bones" theory doesn't hold water for me.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

If peak oil is a myth, then why are they drilling these deep water well which are so risky and expensive?

Why haven't all those old oil wells filled up with fresh sweet crude if this unproven ambiotic oil process exists?

Earth's oil productivity peaked in 2005,and the Saudis are barely meeting their current oil production levels, which are down considerably from 2005.

The easy to get, sweet crude is running out, and BP trying to cover their arses on how much crude has gushed into the Gulf isn't proof that peak oil isn't a well documented fact.

You've been brainwashed into believing the myth. The deep oil wells are being drilled to perpetuate the myth that oil is running out, and the only reasons the Saudis aren't meeting their current oil production levels is because if they do, they know that the price of oil will fall on world markets.

OPEC knows that if every oil producing OPEC nation were to freely supply oil, the prices would be MUCH lower than they are today, making oil a lot less viable as a commodity. When you have no other national resource, it's important to keep prices high. If oil was cheap due to plentiful supply, the economy of the middle east would collapse overnight. This is why OPEC meet several times every year to ensure that no member nation produces too much oil, that way the cartel can keep the prices artificially high. Even the MSM referes to OPEC as "the oil cartel". In any other industry, this would be called racketeering.

Oil seems to be the only industry where gas stations regularly all charge the same in whatever city they are doing business in - this would be called price fixing and charged under the RICO act in any other industry. It's hard to fathom why gas is allowed to be continued to be sold this way.

DeBeers have been doing the same thing with diamonds for over a century - heavily restricting the world supply to artificlally inflate prices.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

damn!

Is this still spewing forth into the ocean?

Sorry, i've been away from the forum as i thought it was getting sorted!!!

wow! 450k barrels worth+ .... that is massive.... are MSM still on the case? I hardly watch the news and havnt seen any eye-catching headlines while browsing the net

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I commend the person who started this thread, as it seems more than credible that the global dollar in oil trading is based upon need and profit.

So if this well had been allowed to produce its vast reserve it would have threaten OPEC. Since its now the well from hell where will the dollar end up?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think the smoking gun is in plain-sight - surrounded by little unmanned subs and blowing hundreds of thousands of barrels a day into the gulf.

What's in "plain-sight"? You see nothing. You see images on your little programming box, images that you have nothing to do with creating and you're talking like you know what's going on. You know nothing.

You say "hundreds of thousands of barrels a day" are blowing into the Gulf. By what authority do you make such a claim? BP?, CNN?, the "little unmanned subs" are talking to you in your sleep?

Garbage in garbage out... people are not even recycling the garbage they're fed. They're just spewing it back out into the environment as if they properly treated it for human consumption… piling garbage on top of already existing garbage.

To me, it all seems to point to one thing - BP was lying from the outset

Daaaa… really? You just figured that out? In only 3 months? Congratulations… with all the stars you got for this thread it seems you have woken up many others who’ve never figured that out either.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

We all remember BP's original statement that they were losing 5,000 bpd from the well. Then scientists said it was more like 100k bpd. Then the government said that it was about 10k bpd - not 100k. A few weeks later, they said "Ok - maybe it is 100k bpd."

Now we've got new figures of 350k bpd spewing out of the wellhead, (ATS Link) and a total of 420-840 MILLION barrels leaked so far. (ATS link)

To me, it all seems to point to one thing - BP was lying from the outset about the amount of oil this well was producing before the explosion. If they're lying about this one, they're probably lying about ALL of the ones they own, as are the owners of every other oil well on the planet.

Why would they lie about it?

For starters, everyone here knows about the "peak oil" theory. If the petrocompanies say that oil is getting harder to get out of the ground, they charge more for it and we end up getting hosed. Meanwhile, they continue to set record after record in regards to company profits.

What do you think would happen if instead of having to pump like hell to get oil out of the ground, that oil was practically GUSHING out of their wells? Better still - that the wells were not "running dry" as we've been told, and were instead being replenished via a chemical process near the core of the earth (abiotic oil)? That the oil companies were shutting down "dry wells" just to keep the lie alive?

The answer is that the world economy would crash and crash hard.

By and large, most nations are deeply vested in petrodollars. Were oil to suddenly drop in price to $5 a barrel, many countries would simply implode - mainly the OPEC cartel and our pals in the big oil companies. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by propagating the myth of peak oil.

I think the smoking gun is in plain-sight - surrounded by little unmanned subs and blowing hundreds of thousands of barrels a day into the gulf.

You do realize they just finished the drill, they weren't pumping any oil. The whole explosion happend when they were shutting off the well for future use.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
posted on 13-6-2010 @ 08:03 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Originally posted by grom0007

Maybe the reason BP needs to cover this up is because of the effect it would have on the oil industries grip on the global economies...suddenly supply greatly exceeds demand for oil...imagine the shock to our geopolitical and economic systems. No $4 dollars at the pump, no need to invade middle eastern nations...

yeah right ! fossile fuel is not fossile fuel anymore:lol

I was always thinking:fuel comes from dinosaures WHAT A STUPID IDEA!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The price of the oil on the market has nothing to do with how much they pay to drill it. It is controlled by the investors who buy the oil options on the commodity market and drive the price up or down. OPEC can control the price by reducing or increasing the amount they produce. In recent history the price went to $140/brl and back to $60/brl in short time; the cost for the drilling company is somewhere at $45 - $55. Everything else is the profit; not for the drilling company itself, mostly for the speculators.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DizzyDayDream
Im cautious about this kind of conjecture. Sure, peak oil could possibly be fiction. But does that necessarily mean we can forget about our environmental aspirations to fuel the world with a non-polluting, sustainable source of energy. No, i sure hope not. We cannot live on oil forever, peak or plateau.

no, you are right.
because it is the pollution and poison that is the real danger.

clean renewable energy is the way that Nature wants it to be.
we are vampires, sucking the energy/blood from our mother just to have our gadgets and tech and cars.

spending ALL the money on either OIL or WAR.
and the war is for oil.

we need to get off the oil whether it is going to run out or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I believe peak oil is real.. just because a few wells are refilling doesn't count for the thousands that aren't.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I still think it would be nicer to have cars that run on free energy. Who wants to kep paying and paying and pumping stuff into your car?
Burning oil is a filthy thing for air quality, pollution. I hate what this oil slick has done to the precious Gulf of Mexico and all it's devine creatures. It is the saddest thing ever to happen.
Solar powered cars in South Carolina would be the thing. We have sun almost 365 days ayear. The weather people stand in front of our state, and pitch the weather.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

you, sir, are mistaken. i'm not sure if you've heard about the little known deposit in the u.s. (on land) it is larger than all the known oil deposits in the world together. running the u.s. 100%, it would be a 10,000 YEAR supply. this isn't hearsay, and there is actually a thread about it, with all the relevant data.

now, our country is 234 years old. during that time, soooo much has been discovered. from horse and buggy, muskets, and oil lamps, to lambos, nukes, jets, nuclear power plants... there is more oil than we can use up, and i actually believe that our species will end before we can even scratch the surface of how much oil there is to use.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
People who are hung up on "dinosaur bones" for creating biotic oil are, plainly put, stupid.

Realize that your sweet little twenty-four year old third-grade teacher was trying to simplify a complex process for you. It's not just freaking dinosaur bones, it's any organic matter, i.e. the remains of carbon-based lifeforms.

And has anyone ever actually seen inside an oil well? They're ridiculously deep, and chock-full of BLACK matter. It's not like you can feed an optical cable down there and see something. For all you know, those smoking-gun dinosaur bones you so wish to see are right there in the well.

And you wouldn't find oil "everywhere you find dinosaur bones". Only places under enough thermal and mechanical stress can become oil wells.

If you're going to doubt the peak oil theory, there are a whole lot more intelligent and reasonable arguments than, "but we don't see T-rex bones!11!!"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
I believe peak oil is real.. just because a few wells are refilling doesn't count for the thousands that aren't.

How about those abiotic theorists explain

PEAK COAL

(with fossils).

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I agree 110%. This is what I have said since the beginning of all this mess. Peak oil is a lie, like so much more of what we are told. Star and flag.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join