It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One, huge question about the BP disaster that nobody is asking...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
in 1976 I was 12 years old. Everyday their was some news show doing a segment on peak oil. it was told over and over again that we were running out of oil, There would be no oil in the year 2000. Then the next year the so called oil shortages started , slowly but it happened. Then Jimmy Carter became president, people were lined for blocks to fill up. Everyone one thought that that the end of the oil age was near. Small car sales went though the roof and the pinto was a rolling ball of flames. and unemplyment was high.

So here we are again, different year same pitch, different small cars. instead of the Pinto we have the Toyota Pirus with no brakes this time. The Obama administration is a mirror of the jimmy carter years. As a matter of fact BP was full of BS back then too.

Next we will be strapping windmills to our cars.

As for the lie BP keeps spilling to the public. do a google for BP in the 1970's you will find much of the same lines used today. These guys must have actual book of lies for every situation to go by. BP was the one claiming the world is running out of oil. yet Texico was drilling like mad in Texas.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It was the author, and former U.S. Naval Intelligence Briefing Team Member, Bill Cooper in His book Behold a Pale Horse who first revealed in 1990 information about Ambiotic Earth Oil production that was kept secret by our government since the 1940s. The more we take the more Earth Produces. He sent a copy of his book to all the leaders of the world. How many of those leaders were already under the sway of the Illuminati I do not know.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
You have ALL missed the main point of PEAK OIL .

Do some RESEARCH people! Christ alive!

Peak Oil doesn't claim we are running out of oil.... We are always going to have oil in the ground.

Peak Oil isn't saying that we have used up nearly all the oil available in the ground, aka "every last drop".

It is saying we are hitting that point where oil demand and use due to population growth and expansion is colliding with a finite resource.

Gotta agree with you there, even if oil was constantly being replenished, in theory it is possible to extract more then what is being produced. That's probably what we're seeing whenever some wells go dry, and while some have replenished partially since depletion, others remain empty since they were probably pockets of oil cut off from a another source.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
in 1976 I was 12 years old. Everyday their was some news show doing a segment on peak oil. it was told over and over again that we were running out of oil, There would be no oil in the year 2000. Then the next year the so called oil shortages started , slowly but it happened. Then Jimmy Carter became president, people were lined for blocks to fill up. Everyone one thought that that the end of the oil age was near. Small car sales went though the roof and the pinto was a rolling ball of flames. and unemplyment was high.

So here we are again, different year same pitch, different small cars. instead of the Pinto we have the Toyota Pirus with no brakes this time. The Obama administration is a mirror of the jimmy carter years. As a matter of fact BP was full of BS back then too.

Next we will be strapping windmills to our cars.

As for the lie BP keeps spilling to the public. do a google for BP in the 1970's you will find much of the same lines used today. These guys must have actual book of lies for every situation to go by. BP was the one claiming the world is running out of oil. yet Texico was drilling like mad in Texas.

I worked on many boats in boston. I asked some of the oldtimers about that gas shortage crap. They laughed and said the whole time tankers where sitting in the cape for months. They were not given permission to enter the harbor. Its always a greed thing when It comes to any crisis.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

this abiotic theory doesnt make too much sense, say that waaaaay back when there werent any tapped oil wells, and if oil was still being produced by means of the abiotic theory and no oil was being taken this would mean that oil would have just kept being produced until it would have filled every pocket possible until it was so pressurized that the world would have exploded.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ok people... if anything, Peak Oil would DISCOURAGE the further use of fossil fuels in favor of something that WON'T run out and WON'T break our banks. Once again you fail to see the ACTUAL conspiracy that sits in plain sight.

Abiogenic oil is very poorly supported and even considered pseudo-science. In fact, such theories provide for the necessity of DEEP WELLS like BP's disastrous Deepwater Horizon. Those who argue against peak oil always seem to be arguing that fossil fuels are jussst finnne and that we can use them forever and ever with any problems. That seems like JUST the kind of backwards logic that the fossil fuel industries would put out to sway public opinion enough to allow them to keep drilling till the ocean collapses and the glaciers are swimming pools.

Peak oil is real. The reason BP would lie about the amount gushing out is very simple, in fact it could be a myriad of reasons- to avoid panic, to handle the situation on their own, perhaps they didn't lie and were just poorly informed by their own insufficient practices/science, or of course they wanted to do PR damage control by leaking the real numbers behind the leak as slowly as possible so that their bottom line/stocks wouldn't crash as fast. Seriously people, use your heads. That BP shortchanged the figures initially in no remote way points to support for abiogenic oil production.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
Damn good question. But i fear that no one will care too much about this.. Havent you heard, Lohan is going to jail.. That is much more in the forefront of Amercians minds..

Good one and too "real"

Americans need to get a life -- From O.J. to Spears to Jackson to Lohan to billion dollar basketball players,, golfer boy sex life,, who gives a damn about what Mel Gibson's idiot rants are

yadayada and on and on and on.

Americans Get off your ass and talk to Your Congressman, Senators etc tell them how pissed off we are (those of us who have "awakened")

And... YES I have several times... sometimes they listen

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

Originally posted by Hadrian

Originally posted by vkturbo
who believe the earth is 650 years old or so.

I have never heard that before. The Biblical view is around ten thousand I believe. Who says 650?

ok. my bad. 10,000 years old.

[edit on Jul 15, 2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
GREEDY, CONTROLL THE MARKETS, WAR, LIES , this is the plan. Total world domminance by the elite few. Opress all who stand in the way. A slow death, kinda like putting a live lobster in water then turn on the heat and the lobster cooks slowly without knowing the kettle is on and killing it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What about Gusher? is that great achievement or new lap of lies? whole history of this question shows that lie: they began to keep silence about seafloor's cracks.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

The abiotic 'theory' of oil? It's a theory? So is evolution!

There's people now believing a theory of the origins of oil?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
At 8:00am this morning on Fox News, it was reported that it has been 88 days since the gulf disaster, and BP may have capped it.

Does anyone else see the symbology in this, or am I crazy?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Sometimes I get the strong urging that the companies in control of oil production, and in partnership with TPTB, are allowing for these sorts of disasters to occur as a test. The test being, to see what actually gets done, from the public's side of action.

The results of these 'tests' give them an idea of how clearly we are able to think and react to these ridiculous parlor tricks. So far I think the reaction speaks for itself.

The ocean being destroyed daily, the lives and livelihood of millions of people in jeopardy, amongst a myriad of other impending global catastrophes, and here we are worrying about Lohan going to jail, and clambering for a silly octopus the world over.

Take me away please?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Everything is a theory, there's no proof of anything. And the 'proof' we have, has a high probability of being near or total BS.

1984 has passed, the future world is upon us. Get used to it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Having been in the oil business as a professional engineer for over 30 years and reading some of the posts, I thought I might clarify a few things for the readers.

1) Peak Oil was originally postulated by geologist King Hubbert in 1956 that accurately predicted peak US oil in the lower 48 in 1969. The technique used was really not geology, but a statistical analysis of production rate of a virgin geologic basin. Succinctly, as a new basin is drilled the bigger more prolific oil fields are found first, primarily because they are bigger and easier to find (Duh). As the fields are brought on line production increases rapidly and depletion occurs where the production begins to decline, even though new drilling continues. However the smaller field’s new production is not sufficient to offset the decline of the large fields. This method has been applied to the world as a whole rather than just a basin. Therefore exploration in virgin basins could invalidate the conclusion that we will soon reach peak oil. However, it is worthwhile to note that there have been very few discoveries of supergiant (10 billion barrel+) fields since Prudhoe Bay Alaska in 1968.
2) Oil is not found in vast underground caverns. It is produced from the microscopic pore spaces between sand grains or solution holes in limestones. Think about how a sponge holds water, these rocks hold oil and gas similarly.
3) There is a difference between oil in place and recoverable reserves. Recoverable reserves as defined by the Society of Petroleum Engineers are only those barrels that can be economically recovered using existing technology. Primary reserves versus oil in place vary widely to as little as 5% to as high as 40%. Additional reserves may be recovery using secondary and tertiary techniques to add an additional 10-30%. The recovery of over 50% of oil in place is highly unusual. Ultimately, there’s that old problem called physics that makes additional recovery impossible.
4) The Saudi’s oil production comes primarily from the Ghawar Field discovered in 1936. This field is 10 times bigger that the second largest oil field ever discovered. This field is a carbonate that has unusual characteristics that have made it extremely prolific for a very long time. These characteristics are now creating production problems where the Saudis in the last ten years have undertaken a flurry of activity to maintain production as well as exploration activity that have had marginal results. See Hubbert above.
5) In 1986 the world consumed approximately 55,000,000 bopd and had capacity of approximately 75,000,000 bopd. As a result oil prices declined and the oil industry went into a severe depression until the early 2000’s. The economic activity grew such that oil consumption increased approximately 2,000,000 bopd per year. The winter of 1995-96 was the first time that demand exceeded supply. Currently the world consumes approximately 80,000,000 bopd and production capacity is around 87,000,000 bopd. Blame Goldman Sachs for the high prices rather than Exxon. Exxon makes money by selling gasoline not crude oil and refinery margins are a lot better at low crude oil prices than high.
6) In 30 years I’ve never seen an oil reservoir become repressured that could not be explained by known proven engineering reasons. As such, the abiotic theory of hydrocarbon origin to me has yet not been proven. Since I have worked in the oilfields in Russia and the FSU I pose one question. If they have prolific oil wells that never deplete because of abiotic oil why do they pay me to try to produce oil from some of the most hostile environments in the world?
7) Con't

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
7)If an aggressive drilling program was initiated in the known oilfields that are currently limited by governments in Iraq, Venezuela, Iran and Russia and the FSU the peak oil date could be extended dramatically. However, the lack of equipment and short fat guys like me that know how to get it out of the ground without killing people is limited.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jaktenstid

tptb loves numerology & other mystic crap: mysticism gives them idea they're chosen by heaven, & have charged to execute a high mission. but it's just psi-games of subconsciousness: if man would like to see number 23, he'd start to search it everywhere nonstop

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The oil drum gives extensive amount of information on peak oil production. There is a huge amount of information to look at on this link.

www.theoildrum.com...

The real key is to look at sweet crude production verses sour crude.

www.allbusiness.com...

Nearly two-thirds of global oil supplies now are heavy sour, a high-sulfur crude that contrasts with the sweet, high-grade, low-sulfur type. The heavier or more sour the oil, the more expensive it is to refine.

Dan Brusstar, energy research director at CME Group, which owns the New York Mercantile Exchange, said a key reason for launching Argus sour futures was a decision by Saudi Arabia's national company, Aramco, this fall to adopt the new Argus Sour Crude Index as its measure for pricing U.S. deliveries starting in January.

www.energybulletin.net...

oilprice.com...

I couldn't find a chart showing Saudi sweet crude production, but I have them in the past, and it has dropped considerably. Add with the drop in sweet crude for all other sources, it clearly means that oil production has peaked.

It will all go down hill pretty fast from here, but I think this is good for the average joe. Biodiesel is a realistic replacement, as well as numerous other sources, all of which will be much more labor intensive, and therefore translates into more jobs, and so more money going to the average worker.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

1. the deeper the oil the more radioactive the particals are !!!!!!!!!
2. radioactivity depleates over time at a measurable rate !!!!!!!!!
3. if the oil that is deeper is more active than the oil on the surface then the oil is younger the deeper you get !!!!!!!!!

4. peek oil works on scarcity AND information AND tecnology control
5. the petrol engine is 50+ years old we can do better so why no alternative?

if fossiles are the source then why does wood becoume coal?
if you remove all forests from the equation how much bio mass is required to full all the oil deposits in the world

why if this is fossiles do oil deposits show up around the world

if you knew how much oil is under hati texus new zealand canada antartica that was known about and hidden from the public then peek oil would make you laugh

debears dimonds are an example of this form of artificial scarcity

please open your mind to possabilities that we are being manipulated

in new zealand we decided not to pump out our oil, the people forgot about it and forty years latter "what oil theres no oil in nz"

powerful stuff huh

XPLodER

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
Ok people... if anything, Peak Oil would DISCOURAGE the further use of fossil fuels in favor of something that WON'T run out and WON'T break our banks. Once again you fail to see the ACTUAL conspiracy that sits in plain sight. That seems like JUST the kind of backwards logic that the fossil fuel industries would put out to sway public opinion enough to allow them to keep drilling till the ocean collapses and the glaciers are swimming pools.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. You are stating that the oil companies WANT the abiotic oil theory to prosper so that they can drill more wells? You seem to ignore the fact that if the oil is self-replenishing, it would decimate the value of a barrel of oil and the profits of the oil companies.

PEAK OIL is what the oil companies are pushing. Peak oil states that oil is becoming scarce and more difficult to locate/extract - thus more wells are needed, and the price of oil increases due to the 'rarity' of the commodity.

Another note to consider, back when the peak-oil theory was first published, the technology for drilling ultra-deep wells did not exist. The core argument of the endless-oil proponents is that it is produced in these ultra-deep pockets near the core and over time, the oil bubbles up to the shallower, more-conventional wells.

Everyone needs to remember that science is a fluid thing and constantly changes with time and the advent of new technologies.

We once thought the earth was flat, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join