It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to be my 1,000th Foe?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

you amaze me yet again, and here I though this thread was gonna be a waste of time. You sir have made a friend today. Congratulations.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I do what I can, your friendship honors me.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The font size is just fine, but I might suggest you, in turn, review the "facts" on your profile page. Provided your "join date", and your birth date, are factual. I wouldn't know when ATS implemented the "foe" factor. I haven't been here since 2001, or 2003, or whenever..

I've been a member here for slightly over a year. The dates given on my profile page are real. Factually, I only have one 'birth date' and one 'join date.'

~ No foeing by the way. I find it juvenile.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

You were already foed a while ago.

The dates are factual, but the site existed before the registration date. The site moved in 02, I had a different name before then.

For future reference, for what it is worth, you should really research the facts and accurately represent them before you make accusations on others, 9 times out of ten it'll turn around to make you look like a fool and appear juvenile.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sing your tune! You started a study years ago, on how people would react to being foed. You must have been a child prodigy. AND devloped delayed gratification as a younster! All that waiting to put your study together and publish your results. From a mere boy, to now you have waited patiently. Wow. Someone should do a study on you!

You've lost or somehow misplaced your notes.
(Don't worry, you can put something together by memory, surely, to support your academic claims).

Right.

Not dancing.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Sing your tune! You started a study years ago, on how people would react to being foed. You must have been a child prodigy. AND devloped delayed gratification as a younster!

I didn't realize a 20 year old was a child prodigy. Or is that a further display or your poor reading comprehension skills?

All that waiting to put your study together and publish your results. From a mere boy, to now you have waited patiently. Wow. Someone should do a study on you!

A mere boy? I did more complex projects in AP classes in high school. This isn't anything special, it's an excel sheet.

You've lost or somehow misplaced your notes.
(Don't worry, you can put something together by memory, surely, to support your academic claims).

Again, your inability to comprehend really basic sentences further confounds me. I only lost a few pieces of data, mostly the first year of responses via U2U. I never thought to save them, i only recorded the information in data form and moved on. I already said this, I'm almost certain.

Fail harder, please, it's really amusing me.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Ah, please. Your smokescreen is not working. Anybody can go look at your birthdate, June 1987, and the rest is elementary.

Here, again, is what's happened:

It's dawned on you how ludicrous it is to have one thousand foes.

You wish to attempt to justify it (or save-face, as they say) by now making claims it's been some kind of "study".

So you make a thread which clearly serves only the purpose of attention-seeking and self-aggrandizement.

Fail? Clearly.

So, I"m out. Everybody who reads this thread will understand my thoughts and the oh-so-obvious reasons for them, so no need to drone on, while diverting your valuable "research time" providing transparent and thin arguments to me.

But I will say this:

EnlightenUp has been an excellent choice for your one-thousandth
victim, er, I mean "subject of study". He is a real "piece of work", as they say. Fine choice, that one.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I really don't understand how my birthday and me being 20 years old makes me unable to open Microsoft excel and type things.

I have a feeling you are projecting. Actually I'm fairly certain.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Ha! Projecting what? I haven't been 20 years old in a ....long time.
I do reseach and studies for a University, and have publications in professional journals.

What is the nature of my projection?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I suspect that I detect ageism in you, some type of inherent distrust and dislike of those younger then you. Some superiority complex where somehow you feel greater than I simply because you are older. You continually come back to my age when I began my data collection, which was 20 years-old. Perhaps you were unable to ever do something like this (which is admittedly actually really simple) so in your mind if you couldn't accomplish it, obviously I couldn't. Right?

Also, I find your claims suspect, I can't imagine anybody with such poor reading comprehension abilities to have had published anything. Not in any reputable journal at the least.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You couldn't be more mistaken. Your assessment skills are way way off base, if your assessment of me is an example. Wrong on every single count. Wow. No wonder you have so many foes. You don't "read people" very well.

I said I wasn't twenty....I didn't say I was "aged'.
I'm just "fully grown", and have been reading, writing, teaching on a University level, off and on, for a while. The Journals for which I have written and presented research, pertain only to my own profession. Nobody but people who practice as I, would have read them.

Everything I"ve said is true, but, strangely I have no motivation to prove it to you. Your motivation has been discovered and predictably you are squirming a little, attempting to shift the focus to me.

But no matter. Proceed with your study results.

Actually I'm feeling a little sophomoric myself today. Think I'll go foe somebody.....you know. Just to see what happens.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You again, seem to display poor reading comprehension. I never stated you were old. You stated yourself that you were older then 20, your own words "I haven't been twenty in...well a long time." Ageism can affect anybody, regardless of how old they are. You could be 18 and think all 17 year olds are moronic baboons. That is still ageism, because you are displaying a prejudice towards your age.

Again you state you write at the university level, but both your writing abilities on this thread and your poor ability to read indicate that this is a lie. I really could care less if this is true or not, your credentials are really no matter to me. I simply find your claims severely suspect based on the evidence I've been given.

I only shift the topic of discussion to you because there is really nothing more to discuss about me. If you wish I could give you my whole life story, but on this subject the book has been opened and all the pages read. I've given you the beginning of the project, my entry on ATS before it, my age and location, the flaws I find within my own work, the process of the social experiment. Everything's been provided, and you, with prejudice, declare I couldn't have collected data simply because of the age I started the project. An age which you originally confused, might I add, because your inability to correctly read my posts the first time made you assume that I started when it states that I entered the forum.

You say I'm squirming, but the only movement is from a joyous jiggle of my belly. Your posts humor me, nothing more. Each response is only something new to amuse myself to, as you further dig deeper into a pit of resentment and prejudice. It's not a good color on you, but I guess it seems to fit you, no?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

My goodness, this is silly. You are completely mistaken.
Seriously. How can anyone who is so wrong think they are so right?

But anyway, wolf of war!!

Enough about me, buddy!

This thread is about You!
Go for it!

I'm seriously looking forward to your research conclusions!
~Peace Out.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Typical response from somebody who has been ousted for their own prejudices and faults, and is now attempting violently to steer the topic back on the original topic.

Topics been about me and still is, you made it about yourself when you aired your true colors in a rather piss-poor attempt to discredit me. So no, as long as you continue to post, it'll be about you.

You can leave now if you like, spare yourself some of the embarrassment.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I personally think it is interesting as a study. And I disagree that everything needs to be worthy of publishing, (in its randomness, methodology) to be worthy of investigating.

I myself have some some informal surveys for my own personal satisfaction that I found very informative. (If not worthy of publishing in a journal somewhere.)

Interesting topic. I enjoy human motivation, and insight into how people react to reward and "punishment" is important to understanding why we do what we do.

Edit to add,

And the age of a thinker really doesnt always correlate to the quality of the thinkers thoughts. I had a professor who used that tactic on me when I claimed that something he said about Plato was ridiculous, and he lashed out on my paper that I should have more respect for people who had studied Plato x amount of years. I responded that there are lots of people in history that have devoted decades to something and that something ended up being just plain wrong.

Time spent does not equal quality. Age in years doesnt not equal ability. Popularity also, does not indicate worth. Socrates was an incredibly worth thinker, and so unpopular he was killed for his worthy thought. And he is not alone. Many incredibly brilliant and worthy thinkers have been killed or ridiculed in their time for their efforts. Just a reminder for those who do get upset when their opinions prove unpopular. That which is popular is not always right, or valuable, in the longer view.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Nah. I"ll post after I've reviewed the brilliant results from your astoundingly worthwhile study. It could, afterall, have some merit and be interesting and/or entertaining to those of us who frequent these pages. Seriously. It could. I might even wind up giving you a flag. Stranger things have happened.

Truthfully, this conversation is demeaning for me.
Can't believe I've hung out with ya as long as I have.
Don't mean that in a nasty way. I don't typically engage..in these type "nana nana, ya ya" conversations. Don't even like to read others; much less have one myself. They annoy me.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm sensing a Lone Starr - Princess Vespa situation a brewing.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I can't believe I read this whole thread!!!! I am one of those totally irrelevant ATS members who is not a very active member here. So to find out about you, I read a couple of your threads.
Truthfully....I found that this one displays your personality quite nicely. You are very rude and egotistical....but at the same time you show a significantly high IQ.
Young....yes...a little younger than my son. Who is also somewhat like you. Very smart, and sometimes wants to put everyone else down because of his IQ.
But as intelligent as you are..why would you want to have so many enemies?
There are so many brilliant people on ATS and that is why I come here. Not to see how many people on here are trying to be An A...
Wise up...So that next time we see your threads..We will say, "Oh, yeah! This one has something to say."

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It was better when you had 666 foes...

I would take that idea and add 666 foes, but I don't feel like dealing with the all the "Why did you foe me???" crap, that I had to deal with on my original account when I foe'd a bunch of people

[edit on 1-8-2010 by nick_napalm]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Nah. I"ll post after I've reviewed the brilliant results from your astoundingly worthwhile study.

I never said the study was brilliant or worthwhile. I can say, that it is more worthwhile then your current trends of posting, especially with these trite attempts of passive-aggressive attacks.

it could, afterall, have some merit and be interesting and/or entertaining to those of us who frequent these pages. Seriously. It could. I might even wind up giving you a flag. Stranger things have happened.

I hope you don't. Flags, stars, friends and foes are the exact phenomenon which I was hypothesizing has a negative effect on the quality of posting on ATS and a paradigm shift in the motivation of users. I don't want your flags, I don't need any symbol of recognition to reward my work, I do not wish to become afflicted with the "facebook effect."

Truthfully, this conversation is demeaning for me.

I agree, the conversation you initiated in is definitely demeaning you.

Kind of expected this kind of response. Now that your baseless attacks are spent and your prejudice and ignorance is revealed you run and cower in fear, trying to avoid actually having to receive the same treatment of character as you provided me in an attempt to debase me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join