It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
Are you the one not reading this time? Did you not read the Terms and Conditions?

Stop trying to take this conversation private because you are angry. Anger does not make you any better at spotting UFOs and anger will not make this thread any different. If you really feel the need to go on and on about this with me. Please point out any text that indicates bullying, mocking, or attacking.

"1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false,

What was posted that was false?

misleading,

What was posted that was misleading?

or inaccurate."

What was posted that was inaccurate?

How is your post not knowlingly false, not misleading, and not innacurate? Your post is the definition of all three of those things! Your "disclaimer" was nothing but an admission of breaking those rules.

His "disclaimer" is a big part of the reason you are wrong here.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

You missed the point completely. This has nothing to do with photoshop. It doesn't matter if I created it with MS paint!

The lesson was lost on you.

And not only can you not read, but evidently you cannot count, either.

**five photos.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by JPhish

you do realize the word "professional" means that you are paid right?

You do realize I am a paid graphic designer, and have designed a phone for LG?

Nice try.

Well i think you should stick to designing phones. I sure as hell wouldn't pay you for your photo-shopping skills based on what i've seen.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Nice try.

Well i think you should stick to designing phones. I sure as hell wouldn't pay you for your photo-shopping skills based on what i've seen.

Thats okay, I wouldn't work for someone who can't read.

If you had someone read the thread to you, you would know that accuracy wasn't my goal. In fact I purposely placed the reflection in the wrong spot on photo 3 as a measurement of seeing just how gullible people are.

Once again, nice try.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by The_Zomar]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You missed the point completely. This has nothing to do with photoshop. It doesn't matter if I created it with MS paint!

**five photos.

Fine, so I'll start posting crappy photos that I've made up like you did and tell everyone at the end of the post "Oh hey, these aren't real but wouldn't it be neat if they were? Let's see how many people think these are real!" Pretty soon that's all we'll have is a bunch of manufactured photos in the UFO forum. Might as well classify the forum itself as a hoax. The overall point is that's not what this forum is for and you blew it, big time.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

**five photos.

Fine, so I'll start posting crappy photos...

The "crappy photos" that you believed to be 100% authentic.

You become more of a fool with every post.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
These all looked incredibly fake to start with.

No great mystery or prank. Were you trying to prove a point?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Blaine, I like the posts you make and you speak a lot of common sense. But how are the intentions of the OP in any way meant to come off as friendly "advice" in this thread? The intention was to make fun of as many people as possible.

Sorry, but I don't see it that way. People do themselves no favors by being gullible.

The intent of this thread was not wrong minded to me. I see it as addressing a problem that has gotten much worse over the last couple of years. We used to have lengthy discussions about things like accounts and photo's and worked towards validating or rejecting them. Now we see more and more photo's and video's that should have never been posted had the poster put a little critical thinking into the process.

It does have a negative effect. I'm serious about this topic and have reached the point I seldom even look at the posts in this topic anymore. I do my hunting elsewhere.

I'm sure you have taken the spirit of this thread all wrong. Growing angry when a person takes the bother to point out people have boogers in their noses is wrong minded. You simply say thank-you and learn, if there is a lesson to be learned, or move on if it does not interest you.

You have every right to your thoughts, but do you really need to take it to this level? Why not just post your displeasure and why, then move on. I don't see any bad intent on the part of this OP, nor do I see it as a T & C Violation. I'm fairly sure when those were written, common sense was assumed.

Had he not revealed right up front the photos were altered, then you would have a T&C Violation and a valid one.

Not everyone here has been exposed to this and we have new people coming in all of the time. We learn by our mistakes generally and not by our successes. For me, being a Skeptic and yet believing in these things fully, the process is how I find my way to the truth. In reality, most posts here have little or no value. It is the one in a million I'm searching for.

It certainly does nobody any favors to not point it out to them if they are being gullible. It is a good thing to post threads that make people think.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

**five photos.

Fine, so I'll start posting crappy photos...

The "crappy photos" that you believed to be 100% authentic.

You become more of a fool with every post.

Now you're making things up. My initial knee-jerk reaction was to post that the one photo looked like one of the STS tether objects and the other looked like another which was photographed in Poland. Never did I say that these looked like real UFOs. Any crappy photo can show something in the sky or some unknown object but that doesn't make it a UFO. It could be a bird, plane, bug - but at least it would be a real, genuine photo of something the OP thought was worth sharing with others on a UFO forum and not manufactured mess.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Any crappy photo can show something in the sky or some unknown object but that doesn't make it a UFO.

Ummm...that is exactly what a UFO is.

Did you forget the good Dr. Tyson's words? "Do not forget what the 'U' stands for."

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Zomar - I admit that I jumped into this thread to give a logical explanation to photo's claimed to be "aliens" since I do not believe that "aliens" are visiting earth. Since I do not believe in alien visitation, I guess that makes me one of those "debunkers" on some sort of government payroll. I firmly believe that all pictures of alien ships are either hoaxes or misidentified blurs. I also believe that the US and other countries have been flying human designed and built craft that "don't exist". Perhaps a fraction of the alien spaceship pictures are of these secret craft.
I don't normally get into these threads anymore because of the alien religion type of people whom this very thread has twisted the panties of. They will believe any picture they see and call me names for not believing in the "abundance of evidence" for alien visitation, but I digress. Your thread has exposed some of them. And now they resort to trying to insult you out of their own embarrassment.

I'm sure that if there was any violation of the rules, this thread would have been closed already. This post is a good lesson and has accomplished what it was meant to and clearly wasn't meant to "trick" anyone.
S&F

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

To what level are you referring? I've not engaged in name calling and I'm being forthright in my discussion of the issue at hand. I see this thread as The OP intentionally setting out to deceive people and encourage everyone else to laugh at those who fell into the trap. Yes, I posted a knee-jerk reaction, but only because I believed those making threads here were mature enough to discuss the subject matter and not engage in grade schoolish pettiness. The intent of the post was deception. I know that because it never had any intention of discussing real objects thought to be UFOs or real UFOs.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Any crappy photo can show something in the sky or some unknown object but that doesn't make it a UFO.

Yes, Yes it does.

U Unidentified
F Flying
O Object

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Ummm...that is exactly what a UFO is.

Did you forget the good Dr. Tyson's words? "Do not forget what the 'U' stands for."

I agree with you completely! But what the OP posted was not a set of real photos, they were manufactured. The difference is "I'm posting this photo because I don't know what it is" and "I'm posting this photo knowing that it's false and I intend to make fun of anyone who responds to the post thinking that it's a genuine photograph".

[edit on 7-7-2010 by black cat]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Nice try.

Thats okay, I wouldn't work for someone who can't read.

If you had someone read the thread to you, you would know that accuracy wasn't my goal. In fact I purposely placed the reflection in the wrong spot on photo 3 as a measurement of seeing just how gullible people are.

Once again, nice try.

are you seriously attacking me for exposing your haughty duplicity?

very mature of you.

you were purposely disingenuous in this post for whatever reason, (a few come to mind)

i called you out on it and, viola, i was right.

sorry if i hurt your e-feelings. i'm rather intolerant of deceptiveness.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Thank you for seeing the thread how it was meant to be seen.

I am kind-of in the same position as you.

I feel like most (if not all) filmed UFO's are aircraft created by black budget military programs.

But then I start thinking... Did the military develop this technology? Or did they back-engineer it from a crash?

One video in particular (although I can't seem to find it on youtube) shows a UFO in space. A flash of light appears in what could be some kind of weapon system firing at it, and the UFO speeds away in a different direction. Theres not really any explanation for the video unless it was completely hoaxed. I originally seen this clip in the documentary secret space.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

How was I disingenuous?

What did you "call me out" on?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

this is now going ridiculously off topic, if you really care this much, PM me and i will elucidate.

PS: i asked a facetious question and it seems you took it to heart. I was not trying to upset you or derail the thread. sorry.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by black cat

Lol...last time I checked just about every photo in here has been faked or manufactured. I've stated in many topics in here how sad it is that people can not read before they post. This thread furthermore proves that. I have even seen threads where an op posts an article headline and link without reading the actual article which completely says the opposite of what the op was trying to make a point of. I always get a good laugh out of people that post "I just need to get an oppinion from the brains of ats" ...what brains?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I agree with you completely!

You completely agree with my disagreement with you?
That is a new one on me but thanks for finding some common ground then.

But what the OP posted was not a set of real photos, they were manufactured.

I know that. It said so in big letters in the accompanying text which I read all the way through like I do with any photo of a UFO or cryptid.

The difference is "I'm posting this photo because I don't know what it is" and "I'm posting this photo knowing that it's false and I intend to make fun of anyone who responds to the post thinking that it's a genuine photograph".

No the difference is you are still assuming the OP is making the claim that those are real photos of UFOs. That is not the case. There were big letters explaining this right on the first page.

I also did not see the OP making fun of anyone for believing they were real. If anything I have only seen the OP make fun of people who are expressing anger at him because they failed to pay attention to little details like big bold letters.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join