It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is without a doubt, my favorite thread. I have laughed so hard at the posts that I have tears in my eyes. Anyone who took the time to actually read the first post thinks the thread is hilarious. Those who commented without reading the first post are upset and angry. This thread is already on it's ninth page and the laughs keep coming.

I didn't bother reading the thread before jumping to conclusions, displaying my own inability to aniline and use information. I have shown how gullible I can be and it's all somebody else's fault.

Oh, and I know that gullible is not a real word but it has been used here several times and I see no harm in using it in this post.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Final summation:

13 yr old. plays around w. Photoshop for 15 minutes. 41 flags. 9 pages of B.S.

It's obvious to me that there's really no point to this thread at all other than the OP wants attention.

This thread only dignifies a response in that it calls out all the general laziness of 98% of ATS members.

Lets stop feeding the troll, and Nuke this thread to the bottom of the heap.

Who's with me?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

No the difference is you are still assuming the OP is making the claim that those are real photos of UFOs. That is not the case. There were big letters explaining this right on the first page.

I also did not see the OP making fun of anyone for believing they were real. If anything I have only seen the OP make fun of people who are expressing anger at him because they failed to pay attention to little details like big bold letters.

That's where you're wrong. I know what that the OP intentionally posted fake photos and offered a disclaimer at the end. I'm not assuming any such thing about the OP making claims that these are real. Stop putting words into my mouth. I am aware of the big letters in the original post and what they say. I'm saying that the OP purposefully set out to deceive people by laying a trap for them instead of posting photos that he wanted to discuss. What's the purpose of this forum - to intentionally post fake photos to trap people into posting knee-jerk reactions or to post photos that merit serious discussion?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

Sorry, had an appointment.

I was referring to your calling it a T&C Violation. I saw that as being over the line of having a disagreement. When you call for a post to be removed, it's an angry, emotional attack and not a simple disagreement.

We will have to agree to disagree. I don't see it as anyone trying to trick anyone else. I see it as a reasonable way to point something out of relevance.

We do not however need to agree to participate and get value out of these discussions. In fact if we agreed all the time we would all be liars. How we react and who we are is a very individual thing. One thing I like about the Internet is it allows people to open up and reveal the real thoughts they often hide.

Compared to some of the disagreements we see here at ATS, this is a very polite tame one. Please don't take my words as an attack of any sort. Your reaction is as valid as mine or anyone's.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

The_Zomar,

Sorry for failing to reply to your real topic. You make a good point and it clearly is getting noticed.

I think it is more a case of people wanting something to be true so badly, it causes them to overlook the obvious sometimes. Some think they are being attacked when in fact the person they are mad at is more likely to find proof of Alien Intelligence or a Cover-up than they are.

I think it is also hard for some who came to this topic, due to information they later find is a hoax or a scam, to admit it to themselves. None of us like to admit when we are tricked or fooled. That is why you are getting some anger here. Normal human nature to react that way in fact.

When people start taking that first hard look into this and realize that Hey, there might be something to this, they are overwhelmed with the amount of literal crap on this topic. Then you start to find out some of the people who got you interested are charlatans and that does not settle well on the stomach. Sometimes you fight it because you don't want it to be true.

By the way, there are many people around here with lots of CG and photography skills, me being one. I know there are at least a couple of the top CG people out there who often come here, but I respect their privacy. Artists are more open by our nature to these alternative topics than others, so I'm not surprised we see many here.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
That's where you're wrong. I know what that the OP intentionally posted fake photos and offered a disclaimer at the end.

The disclaimer clearly explains that they are not fake photos as that would indicate an attempt at deceit but they are real compositions or pieces of art. In order to be fake, there needs to be a presumption of some reality and that could only come from jumping to conclusions without the benefit of critical thought - exactly what we see happening still.

I'm not assuming any such thing about the OP making claims that these are real.

You must be since he explains in the OP that these are not real photos but creations of his.

Stop putting words into my mouth. I am aware of the big letters in the original post and what they say.

I know, a few edits later eh?

I'm saying that the OP purposefully set out to deceive people by laying a trap for them instead of posting photos that he wanted to discuss.

How was it a trap? It should have only ensnared people not thinking about what they are being given and just accepting pretty pictures as the whole story. Do not those types deserve to be trapped anyway? I know I would love to see them all locked in a big pit in the ground where they will finally be prevented from littering the UFO forums with all these "proof!!!!!" threads that end up in the HOAX bin. How about you?

What's the purpose of this forum - to intentionally post fake photos to trap people into posting knee-jerk reactions or to post photos that merit serious discussion?

I thought it was to weed out people who post with knee-jerk reactions. Those are the people destroying ATS you know. Is that you?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that the only people that want to see this thread blackbagged are those who illustrated my point further by failing to read the initial post.

How will ATS remain a forum of intellectual debate if people just scour topics for images and video?

I'm not responding to anymore petty attempts at insulting me. I get the last laugh because those who tried to attack me were insulted for a reason. They were insulted because I exposed their ignorance.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

reply to post by black cat

Face it, you made a fool of yourself and now you're angry.

I thought Above Top Secret was a place for discussion of real issues by adults, not kids.

It is, so grow up.

Face it - you violated Rule#1 of the Terms and Conditions of this site. Your intentions were not honorable, they were petty and childish and the only one needing to grow up here is you. I'm petitioning a moderator to lock this thread.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by black cat]

I did not violate any rules. I don't understand how ignorant you are to not see the differences between illustrating a point and "trying to trick people" even though I put a disclaimer in BIG HUGE FONT. Stop trying to derail my thread. You only want it locked because everyone is seeing how much of a fool you are.

I thought you changed it to "big and huge" after the fact?

This thread is worthless.

There are at least 10 other threads JUST LIKE THIS. You are not "creative" you are not "smart" you are not "original".

Next time, run a search before wasting our time.

Posters like you make this place worthless, I have been here a while I have watched it go down hill. Thanks for contributing to the worthlessness that is ATS.

~~Prediction and/or Prophesy~~
In one month, there will be another thread JUST LIKE THIS.
Sorry for the doom and gloom

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

See post above yours.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

See post above yours.

And find my first post, I didn't "fall" for your crappy attempt.

Other posters have done much better, which, if you had run a search you would have known

Again, thank you for contributing to the worthlessness that is ATS.

EDIT ( To ADD )

It's okay, I used to live in Kokomo. I know what a worthless place that is, it tends to spawn the need to entertain oneself.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The_Zomar, I like this thread. But even though the photos are fake, they'll wind up getting posted elsewhere by someone else claiming that they are real. So even though this thread is about how easy it is to fool some people, you're kind of playing into the whole lie that is UFOlogy by posting pics, even though they are fake, that will be used elsewhere to draw people into the lie. See the irony? Anyway, good thread. I can appreciate your intent.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
First, from the OP, you say:

I took the time to create these images and write these stories to illustrate to the members of ATS that UFO photos are not to be trusted.

Which, in itself, seems noble enough. However, things get fishy in your SECOND post. (Didn't wait long did you? Told you Kokomo breeds boredom.)

I actually got a kick out of the people that didn't read that they were fake and complimented the photos. I got a kick out of it because it further illustrates my point in creating this thread.

Hold up! I thought your reasoning was to show that UFO's are not to be trusted? That, coupled with your "Firm belief in UFOs and ET's" seems to show me that you would be UPSET that they did not heed your warning.

Yet you are "entertained". And you get even more "entertained" the angrier people get. Let's observe. (You wanted to talk about the topic of this thread right?) Here we come to the fifth post of yours, on page 2:

Black Cat, I am not out to make fun of anyone. I was just showing that many people blindly believe images that they are presented with.

And I actually enlarged the font saying I created them. No fine print.

Here is the evidence that the font was not "large" in the beginning, aiding to the bait-and-switch. I also notice you contradicting yourself! You just said, only 3 posts earlier, that you were entertained by the upset people AND that was part of the reason for creating the thread!

I got a kick out of it because it further illustrates my point in creating this thread.

Just to refresh the memories

So which is it? Are you here to make fun of the gullible folks, or are you here to be entertained by the gullible folks? (I thought BOTH were against the rules, I guess not.)

The rest of this post will be showing the many LIES this poster has been throwing in this thread, which WAS designed to trick people. BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.

Once again let me say that I wasn't out to really trick anyone. I said that they were indeed fake images at the bottom of my original post. Unedited.

I got a kick out of it because it further illustrates my point in creating this thread.

In reference to the gullible people not reading the OP and being upset at the thread

As I sit here waiting for my browser to go to the next page in this debacle, I realize I have lost my internet connection. So I am ending this FIRST POST with this:

MODs, why has this thread not been deleted yet? The OP has ADMITTED to being a troll, and that the reason for this thread was to tug on the gullible people. FURTHER adding to the worthlessness that is ATS.

(Or is this thread NOT doing exactly what he is whining about in the OP?)

Anyway, I will be back with a PART TWO if this thread doesn't leave. Which is to say, if I am forced to see this thread on the boards, I feel obliged to participate...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yes, they all look fake right away.

Why has already been mentioned.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think the thread is legitimate and has proven his point very well. The sheer number of responses shows that the OP's purpose is a subject well worth discussing. By protesting this thread or asking for the mods to close it, you show your own interest in the subject and further the threads usefulness.

Me thinkest the lady doth protest too much.

Keep the arguments going, I am thoroughly enjoying the laughs.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
I think the thread is legitimate and has proven his point very well. The sheer number of responses shows that the OP's purpose is a subject well worth discussing. By protesting this thread or asking for the mods to close it, you show your own interest in the subject and further the threads usefulness.

Me thinkest the lady doth protest too much.

Keep the arguments going, I am thoroughly enjoying the laughs.

The point seems to be that people shouldn't take one or a few photos on the internet and proclaim them as "proof" of Alien visitation.

However, the sheer number of actual unexplainable photos and videos and eyewitness reports and such does leave the lingering question left to be answered.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

No but the replys do prove how willing people are to believe something. This is my biggest problem with UFO related stuff people who are willing to suspend reality as long as it proves what they believe to be correct.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Regenstorm
I think the OP has too much time on his hands and needs a girlfriend.
Threads like this don't add anything to ATS.

The Op did a great service to ATS. ..*SNIP*... Feeling a bit bitter? Perhaps you were initially fooled by the images Regenstorm? It begs the question!

The Op did not offer a great service to ATS.

The Op efforts to discredit any and all physical evidence by lumping all photographs of ufos as not being believable because he can sit his ass down and at a whim create false pictures with nothing more than the use of his fingertips.

producing 5 fake pictures with the technologies available to us today does not prove that tens of thousands of pictures from hundreds of nations over generations are false, as The Zomar stated in the Op.

Are you going to call me bitter or a fool? the true bitter fool is the one who efforts to attack the credibility, integrity, and honesty of the dead who took those pictures who are no longer around to speak for themselves as to the validity of their pictures.

If the Op thinks 5 photos photoshopped in 2010 proves 20,000+ photos from 1900 - 1990 false, the Op is ... not convincing me.

just an ill mannered attempt to insinuate that all photos can not be trusted because he can do it in 2010, is an insult. period.

you are more gullible if you believe that pictures are no longer acceptible physical proof of the UFO phenomenon because somebody can make them up in 2010, then all the photos from around the world (and in space) are now not to be believed?

can i get a sledge hammer to the head to go with that thesis?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I get it now. I think you and black cat are both really saying the same thing.

Let me attempt to translate and compress your messages into one succinct little post.

'OP, your thread is a useless waste of time. It is a detriment to the UFO forum on ATS and ATS as a whole. Now let me spend a great deal of time either posting post after post or dissecting everything you say and helping to make the thread longer as well as keep it on top of the most recent threads list.'

Did I get it?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have to ask,
What does the OP make of the Trent family's UFO pictures, circa 1950, certainly not a Frisbee, or a pie dish or Pluto platter. Simply put, they are widely regarded as genuine, and probably without precedence and maybe for that reason alone.

www.ufocasebook.com...

The link above is to but one site, and you will see that while there is much information on the family and analysists there is a lot of possible information that is not there. A bit like your pictures, some information but not enough.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I think you hit the nail on the head. This thread has all those posts and most are from people who are saying to shut down the thread. Their arguments have made this thread what it is.

Personally, I read the OPs opening post. I instantly saw that he was making the point that we should be cautious in what we except. I go t it and every post since has been a laugh fest. I have done nothing but laugh at the posts from people who simply can not or refuse to see the thread for what it is.

I am sure that the OP has laughed himself to tears.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join