It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I'm honestly done with you. There's no point trying to elicit meaningful conversation with someone who deliberately obfuscates and cannot stick to the simplest of criteria. Through your own actions within this thread, you have shown yourself to be lacking in evidence, comprehension and credibilty.

You will waste no more of my time!

[FAIL]

IRM :shk:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I know I said I was done, and I am after this:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and to the poster who refuses to do his own research (yet says that others should do more...) It isn't hard to read the posts I've referenced.

Why would I type it all out a second time, if you won't read it the first time?

(Sorry for being a fibber, but I knew this was against the rules!)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

And yet the thread remains despite many appeals to staff to close it down or move it to the hoax forum. Clearly management and staff see this differently to all the people whining about it. But hey... if you guys wish to keep practicing futility, then go right ahead.

IRM

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
I know I said I was done, and I am after this:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

There is nothing misleading. Read the OP.

Oh, and to the poster who refuses to do his own research (yet says that others should do more...) It isn't hard to read the posts I've referenced.

I can read them. I just do not see the mocking you say you pointed out. I disagree with your assessment of the lines you quoted so either there is something else or I need clarification. I am not asking you to show me anything I can find myself. I am asking you how you see what I do not in the same substance.

Why would I type it all out a second time, if you won't read it the first time?

(Sorry for being a fibber, but I knew this was against the rules!)

Right but it is not. Read the OP, there is nothing misleading about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I have never "trusted" a photograph of anything. When I was a kid my grandfather had all kinds of cool old photos of crazy stuff like man-sized grasshoppers. These go loooooong before monochrome monitors so photoshop was not in use. They were really really good though, I wish I held onto them when he passed because they would be great here. Unfortunately, it taught me at a young age to NEVER "trust" a photograph.

Hunten ! them Grasshoppers ! darn Billy Jim Bob we Gots Grass Leggs fer Suppur!

Well I think I found a site that those Picture's your Grandpa has ! Mine Grandfather also has those Photos ! Enjoy!!
Source
faulkenberg.net...

Well not only the Duped of Ufos I guess the photographers of those Old Vintage photos Like H. G. Wells Food of the Gods Pretty much

or was it something like the Most Awesomeness Miracle Grow ever! Something in the Water ?

I think ATS should Have a Contest on the Most believable Fakery of Videos and Photos Only Made By a ATS Member & created from scratch!

I still go for the old Vintage Films made in the 40s 50s 60s

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Ha! Nice find. The one of them carrying a bunch on a stick is really close to one he had but it was black and white and they were both soldiers. Anyway, those are all exactly the same style. The ones you picked I would say are the exact same quality too.

Grandpa was a fan of tall tales. When I first asked, he did not make up some farce but he did not dismiss the idea they were real photos. I still have his 3 dollar bill though! Thanks for bringing me back like that.

So, I think that kind of evidence of photo manipulation such as that dating back as it does is a pretty good reason not to ever just trust a photograph. Am I really so far off on that?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Good god, how are so many people so blind....

Is nobody reading what he wrote.......Jesus, does the majority on ATS just look for convincing pics.

Man, i believe the OP may have stumbled upon a big sickness on ATS, ill call it Lookingtons disease....

Sheesh

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
I thought the third one was fake as soon as I saw it The UFOs shadow doesn't match the shadow angle in the rocks. Also, the reflection in the water is below the reflection of the tree, it should have been closer to the camera. The others could probably fool a lot of people though. I seriously doubt that there is an actual photo of a UFO anywhere, the truth is that none can be authenticated.

There are a lot of photos of actual UFOs, UFO does not mean et, it means not identified. If you cant confirm what an object is in a picture, that makes the object an UFO by definition. Im guessing you know that and meant et ufo, but I just like to make the distinction.
________

Anyway, on topic, I honestly dont see the point of this thread. Are we too dumb to understand how photoshop works? Are we too dumb to understand people can be dishonest? Because those are the only two things this thread demonstrates, and both are common sense. I apologize for the negativity, but it seems you just wasted my time with fake pictures.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
At least there are others who realize the OP's intentions are the disease that brings ATS down to the level of Infowars and Prison Planet. We know the OP's intentions were to start a flame war, as evidenced by the post in which he said he was getting a kick out of people not reading his entire first post. The OP has done a huge disservice to ATS and the UFO community.

Here is what I'm recommending to anyone about the ATS UFO forums from here on out - "The Above Top Secret UFO forum at one time had good intentions, however it has now degenerated into a forum where members intentionally post false and manufactured pictures for no other reason than to poke fun of those who take the post seriously. That posters would bury a 'disclaimer' at the bottom of their posts revealing the photos they just posted were manufactured in no way excuse the juvenile behavior that is allowed on this forum. Even more confounding are the non-actions of ATS staff who do nothing to curb posts like these even though the site claims to hold 'integrity in posting' on such a high pedestal. Unfortunately the ATS UFO forum is not a place intended for serious discussion on the matter of UFO's and ET's and anyone seeking true, meaningful, adult-level discussion about the UFO phenomena would be better served avoiding Above Top Secret altogether."

You can bank on seeing the above paragraph prominently returned when you do a search in Google in the very near future. Did I mention I was a writer? And with that, I am done with this thread and have relegated many to my 'ignore' list. Good day to you all.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I once thought of creating such a thread to bring awareness that people need to look more closely at the “evidence” provided, and not to just accept things at face value, however I knew I would get the reactions you are receiving in this thread. Others of the same mindset as yourself are congratulating on your efforts, and those of the opposite mindset are suggesting you are insulting them or using ATS for your own agenda.

I hope people stop and realize that your intent was not to insult anyone, but to reach those who take “evidence” at face value without really looking at it and scrutinizing it and making sure it passes all terrestrial explanations first.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I'm honestly done with you. There's no point trying to elicit meaningful conversation with someone who deliberately obfuscates and cannot stick to the simplest of criteria.

what criteria are you referring to, and can you supply examples?

Through your own actions within this thread, you have shown yourself to be lacking in evidence, comprehension and credibilty.

i have shown myself to be lacking in evidence, comprehension, and credibility?

when? where? can you provide examples?

Through your own actions within this thread, you have shown yourself to be lacking in evidence, comprehension and credibilty.

that is truly funny. At least i have shown myself, unlike you who hides behind your avatar.

My credibility is more credible than yours, considering you do not offer your name (my name is in my signature), you do not offer a picture of yourself (two of mine are in my avatar), and you do not offer a specific location, (my coordinates are under location on my avatar).

so it seems we do not know who we are addressing, you don't offer this infromation.

so it seems we do not know what you look like, you don't offer this information.

so it seems we do not know where exactly you are, you don't offer this information.

where? how? when? can you supply specifics as to your reasonning for me lacking in evidence?

can you supply specifics of me lacking comprehension?

and can you provide specifics as to my credibility while taking into account my credentials?

1998 - 2009: Firefighter in the USAF, stationed at Nellis AFB and immediate areas. Also spent 3+ years in warzones, primary duties include fire officer.
1986 - 1998: Worked for/with developmentally disabled children at a skilled care facility in Illinois.

there are my redentials. 11 years in the deserts as a firefighter. 12 years working with the children.

i can almost believe you, almost....

ok, how is my credibility compared to yours?
you have my name, my occupations, my pictures of me, and my coordinates.

do you offer the same? since this thread is about the credibility of those who take photos who cannot be trusted, and since you attack my credibilit, evidence, and abilities to comprehend, can you please supply whom it is that is qualified to call into question my credibility?

as well as offer your credentials, so we may scrutinize over your credibility?

let us not forget, it was not i who started calling people "FOOLS" in this thread. The OP opted to choose to insult fellow ATSers. The OP opened the door for it to be acceptible behavior in his thread? why? to add to his own credibility, and provide an example of discussing the evidence with "FOOLS"?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
I think ATS should Have a Contest on the Most believable Fakery of Videos and Photos Only Made By a ATS Member & created from scratch!

The biggest problem with that is that it would only be a month or so before people started posting those very same photos/videos back on here, claiming they were "Absolute Proof of Aliens!" We get the same debunked stuff popping up here all the time.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
the OP's intentions are the disease that brings ATS down

No.. the people that bring forums like ATS down are the ones that jump on any bandwagon without a shred of proof or critical thought.

The OP has done a huge disservice to ATS and the UFO community.

No, he caught a lot of people out for doing exactly what I described above. He did a service to the community by highlighting those with lazy habits.

That posters would bury a 'disclaimer' at the bottom of their posts revealing the photos they just posted were manufactured

Buried? That's like saying the McDonalds Logo is buried somewhere out the front of their restaurants. The disclaimer was in large bold letters. To suggest that you thought it was buried speaks volumes!

Did I mention I was a writer?

Would it matter if you sold donuts at Wendys?

I am done with this thread and have relegated many to my 'ignore' list.

So you're blocking out anyone who disagrees with your point of view and pretending they don't exist? Your belief system must be very frail indeed! The beauty of ATS is exploring the myriad of opinions about any given topic. That's how we learn and deny ignorance.

IRM

[edit on 8/7/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What part of I'm done with you don't you understand? We've taken our discussion as far as it can go! I'm not interested in your obfuscation. It's a waste of my time.

IRM

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Where's the proof it's a UFO and not just crap on the lense? Or how about a bird? Sorry... no proof of a UFO... just a blury blob.

that blurry blob is airborn. if that blurry blob is in the air, prior to airplains existing, and you cannot supply proof of it not being an .... wait a minute...

your proof it is not an unidentified flying object is the arguement that it is a blurry blob in the sky?

kudos genius,
ET

IRM

you sure do laugh alot. is this the reason you come to ATS, to get amused, laugh and giggle?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Where's the proof it's a UFO and not just crap on the lense? Or how about a bird? Sorry... no proof of a UFO... just a blury blob.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
your proof it is not an unidentified flying object is the arguement that it is a blurry blob in the sky?

Did I say in the sky? Show me in the quote! Comprehension deserting you again? Creating your own dialogue? This is exactly why I can't be bothered discussing anything with you. Completely pointless!

Kudos Genius! [FAIL]

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
At least i have shown myself, unlike you who hides behind your avatar.

Really? Which monkey is you?

I'm really done with you this time although I can tell how much you crave my attention...

IRM

[edit on 8/7/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

To make a total non waste of time learn to use photoshop

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

if the op wants to keep calling ATSers fools, time permitting, i will tender some measure of magneloquence to participate and promote in fashion a fruitful dialogue. Dialogue that projects some level of civil decorum.

Show me where the OP called ATSers fools or admit that is a blatant lie.

admit that it is a blatent lie? You want me to read this thread for you and then supply FACTUAL evidence where the OP author called other ATSers "fool". Although I already did you are requesting on page 11, 5th post from the top, i will read this thread for you and... here:

ok, i'll waste my time to re-quote YET AGAIN, where the OP author called a fellow ATSer a "fool", for the benefit of someone who requests that I admit my claim was a blatant lie….
(you would know this already had you bothered to read the thread, me thinks)
Examples of where the Opening Poster (OP) referred to other ATS contributors as “fool”:

Originally posted by The_Zomar
reply to post by black cat

Face it, you made a fool of yourself and now you're angry.
– The Zomar - posted on 7-7-2010 @ 04:55 PM
Source: (11th post on page 8 of this thread)

reply to post by NightVision

I illustrated a point, and fools like you are getting angry over it.
– The Zomar - posted on 7-7-2010 @ 04:59 PM
Source: (13th post on page 8 of this thread)

You only want it locked because everyone is seeing how much of a fool you are.
– The Zomar - posted on 7-7-2010 @ 05:02 PM
Source: (14th post on page 8 of this thread)

You become more of a fool with every post.

- The Zomar - posted on 7-7-2010 @ 05:26 PM
Source: (6th post page 9 of this thread)

What business do you have weighing in on the legitimacy of photographs when you repeatedly prove you lack the capacity necessary to read the words that are in front of your face and retain the information in a fashion that is consistent with the facts?

Do you still need me to admit my claim that the Opening Poster called ATSers fools was a blatant lie?

I could admit that I made a blatant lie, but that would just be …. Ignorant.

Is there anything else you need me to read for you in this thread?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

In the OT the OP never called anyone fool and you should know very well this is what is being asked of you to prove. You instead provide “proof” where the OP is not calling someone a fool on their belief in UFO’s but for taking the OT out of context or for not reading the OT and thinking his images were real before finding out in fact they were fabricated.

It is a distraction tactic that you are employing to help bring credit to your own posts that can not hold weight on their own.

The OP never called anyone a fool in the OT; he simply wanted to force people into thinking more critically before accepting “evidence” that is presented to them, a concept that I happen to agree with.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

What part of I'm done with you don't you understand? We've taken our discussion as far as it can go! I'm not interested in your obfuscation. It's a waste of my time.

IRM

um, the part where you posted a reply addressed to me after you said you were done with me.

your words are not consistent with what the actions & behaviors of your fingertips seem to be doing on your keyboard.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join