It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

ready for the Hoax Anthem ! TFH

PEOPLE if you want to see Authentic Video aka Film and Photos look at the Home-movies from the 30s to the 60s if you can find them

The Most Famous is the Utah and Montana Ufo Films

Unfortunately many of the Films or should i say Home movies went or sent to Project Blue Book never to be seen again ! as People didn't realize they would not get them back during the 50s and Early 60s

it was the Biggest Fad Craze From personal home movies , Scifi Books and Movies .. Seeking out Ufos was like a Hobby probably why a lot movie cameras where sold in the 50s & 60s they were everywhere
Remember the Famed Zapruder Film (JFK Assassination) For example !

just about Everyone thought it was their duty to turn in what they have filmed in to the Government or the Project Blue Book for Consideration of being American a American Patriot Duty!!! Only if they have Known ! and im talking about the one's that may have Actually filmed those so called Ufos , Orbs , Cigars Shapes, Triangles Etc ... or even the Aliens themselves

Some source's to look at
Project Blue Book
en.wikipedia.org...
Dr J Allen Hynek
en.wikipedia.org...

Lets Listen to one of the biggest dis info agents(Swamp Gas Hynek) in the 60s and became one of the biggest believer's after the Project Blue Book was Shut Down and created his own Ufo Club !

(UFO coverup)Project Blue Book Advisor, Dr. Allen Hynek was told "Don't rock the Boat"

Air Force admits UFO phenomena is 50,000 years old

Kucinich & Obama on Aliens from Space

instead of searching for sightings of Ufos maybe we should listen to the the Political Officals and a few Astronauts that are coming Admitting what they seen to the Public !

Astronaut Demands Obama Release The 'Alien UFO Files' 23 4 2009

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

It's okay, I used to live in Kokomo. I know what a worthless place that is, it tends to spawn the need to entertain oneself.

For the record, I'm not from Kokomo.

Anyway, I will be back with a PART TWO if this thread doesn't leave.

Hey! You were right! Kokomo does breed boredom.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
I have to ask,
What does the OP make of the Trent family's UFO pictures, circa 1950,

This thread isn't about my stance on the existence of UFO's.

This thread was made to illustrate a point - which it has. Several times over.

But earlier in the thread I posted that I do in fact believe in UFOs.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Beautiful job OP!

Thanks for so graphically pointing out that the real first step in denying ignorance is to
Read the whole freaking post!

The percentage of posters on ATS that post before reading is growing exponentially. It will get even worse come September!

The background stories were very convincing as well!
Scrapbook !
Bravo!

Edit for tupid pelling

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I took the time to create these images and write these stories to illustrate to the members of ATS that UFO photos are not to be trusted.

Translation = No one who has taken any of the tens of thousands of photos or the reports are trustworthy. None of them. No photo of an UFO can be trusted, they are all bogus fakes, according to The Zomar.
No, you took the time to create these images and write these stories to illustrate to the members of ATS that those people who take photos of UFOs and report them cannot be trusted.
The only thing you prove is that you do not trust people, based entirely on what you use as a basis for reference when judging the intentions of others, yourself.

I actually got a kick out of the people that didn't read that they were fake and complimented the photos. I got a kick out of it because it further illustrates my point in creating this thread.

Translation = The Zomar gets a kick and enjoys other peoples ignorance. He got “a kick” out of it. .

I was just showing that many people blindly believe images that they are presented with.

Why? For what purpose and to what end? Why The Zomar, why?

Lets hope people read this post unlike my original post.

The actions of a few do not speak for the actions of the majority, you are generalizing here, nothing more.

I created them all in less than 15 minutes. And I doubt you even know how to use PS anyways.

So you can prove that at least all pictures should not be believed (OP statement) because you can create 5 fakes in 15 minutes in 2010?
And doubting what other ATSers know or do not know prior to even reviewing their personal profile is just plain ignorant of what other people may or may not be capable of.

- Secondly For those saying that this thread is for kicks, or attention, once again I will say that If I wanted said attention I would deliberately put time into creating a realistic looking image and then pass it off as one that I had taken with my camera.

No you would not have. You know your credibility would immediately come into question and your life would be considered a variable in the equation of the legitimacy of the photograph.
Instead you would (AND DID) hide behind an avatar and produce 5 fake photos to present on ATS, instead.

- Thirdly Please keep the thread on topic. I have seen people talking about Crotch Massages, Egyptian Pharaohs, Homo Erotic Fantasies, Star Trek, and The age of the Universe. Some of which from the same person. *ahem*

*ahem* here. Let us demonstrate how good you are at following your own advice at keeping your own thread on topic, shall we? *ahem*, and see how much you are in accordance with the terms and conditions of ATS, *ahem*.

Our desire is to foster an environment of civil decorum that enables our members to discuss highly provocative and intensely speculative topics without concern over personal attacks or insults. – SimonGray
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Zomar’s Next contribution after telling *ahem* to stay on topic:

Face it, you made a fool of yourself and now you're angry.

Again:

It is, so grow up.

Next valuable contribution from The Zomar is this:

Who said I'm commanding respect?

I illustrated a point, and fools like you are getting angry over it.

Keeping in mind the Terms & Conditions and how The Zomar interprets them…. Here is the fourth contribution The Zomar gives us ATSers after insisting we stay on topic, while he does not abide what he expects of others:

I did not violate any rules. I don't understand how ignorant you are to not see ….*SNIP*….Stop trying to derail my thread. You only want it locked because everyone is seeing how much of a fool you are.

The fifth post contribution The Zomar makes for us ATSers after insisting other ATSers stay on topic:

I know the rules, I didn't break any.

What false information did I post?

I'm asking for an answer.

*ahem*

Our desire is to foster an environment of civil decorum that enables our members to discuss highly provocative and intensely speculative topics without concern over personal attacks or insults. – SimonGray

You do realize I am a paid graphic designer, and have designed a phone for LG?

Nice try.

Ya, we can get that information from your personal page:

Birthday
Topics I Like
(I didn't update this yet.)
Topics I Dislike
Stuff I Like
Stuff I Don't Like
My Favorite Sites

Next post…

And not only can you not read, but evidently you cannot count, either.

Next post…

I wouldn't work for someone who can't read.

In fact I purposely placed the reflection in the wrong spot on photo 3 as a measurement of seeing just how gullible people are.

Why are you purposely measuring the gullibility of other people? Getting your “kicks” as you stated earlier?
Next post:

You become more of a fool with every post.

Well, it seems that the true intent of this thread and The Zomar getting his “kicks” out of purposely measuring the gullibility of other “FOOLS” is what this thread’s purpose and intent is truly about, according to the words of the author of this thread, in his own words. Not mine.

Next post:

How was I disingenuous?

Maybe there is some miscommunication due to not knowing what disingenuous means….

Main Entry: dis•in•gen•u•ous
Pronunciation: \ˌdis-in-ˈjen-yə-wəs, -yü-əs-\
Function: adjective
Date: 1655
: lacking in candor; also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness : CALCULATING

Next post from The Zomar includes:

I'm not responding to anymore petty attempts at insulting me. I get the last laugh because those who tried to attack me were insulted for a reason. They were insulted because I exposed their ignorance.

I see, please feel free to continue…

Luv, hugs & kisses,
*ahem*,
ET

p.s.:

??? and who on earth can argue with the integrity these two eye witnesses report about concerning their close encounter with an alien representative CAUGHT ON TAPE!!!:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

To my mind youve just done the ultimate disservice to the ufo community.
The phoney pictures you and others by the thousands have flooded the net with, have gone a long ways towards facillitating the mockers and debunkers arguments and obfuscating the real mystery with one more layer of BS.
Your intentions may or may not be well meaning, nevertheless the disservice has been done.More disinfo we didnt need!
very petty.....
Take these images and shove em....

[edit on 7-7-2010 by stirling]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Woo! I don't have to do a PART TWO after all!

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by adigregorio

I get it now. I think you and black cat are both really saying the same thing.

Let me attempt to translate and compress your messages into one succinct little post.

'OP, your thread is a useless waste of time. It is a detriment to the UFO forum on ATS and ATS as a whole. Now let me spend a great deal of time either posting post after post or dissecting everything you say and helping to make the thread longer as well as keep it on top of the most recent threads list.'

Did I get it?

Almost, except that I didn't "come back" to the thread until I saw that it wasn't going to dissappear. And, if you would READ MY POST, you will notice a little caption at the bottom:

Anyway, I will be back with a PART TWO if this thread doesn't leave. Which is to say, if I am forced to see this thread on the boards, I feel obliged to participate...

So thank you for re-stating what I already stated. Or were you trying to "show me" something?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Well, it seems that the true intent of this thread and The Zomar getting his “kicks” out of purposely measuring the gullibility of other “FOOLS” is what this thread’s purpose and intent is truly about, according to the words of the author of this thread, in his own words. Not mine.

Dude, calm down. Think for a moment. Were there no gullibility, would there be kick to be had by the OP?

Are you defending gullibility on ATS?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Are you defending some "right" to pick on the gullible?

(EDIT To finish)
Didn't copy the whole thing

Look, this is about a thread that there are a PLETHORA OF ALREADY.

This OP is not some "messiah" to the UFO boards, just last week another member did THE SAME DANG THING.

The only difference, the other poster wasn't "picking on the gullible" he was genuine. Which is why that thread is buried, and this one lives.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

For the record I didn't read your post. I don't plan on it, either. Its the same mentally lacking ramblings that you have posted over and over.

Face it, your anger from another thread (You know, the same one you wrote a creepy POEM about me on) carried over to this one where you are trying to delude my thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

just last week another member did THE SAME DANG THING.

Would love to see a link.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

I can do better!

Went through the last 10 pages in the UFO boards, just to show how un-original the faux concept of this thread is.

However, I will say the "picking on people" part is new! (Remember me saying Thanks for contributing to the worthlessness that is now ATS? Good.)

UFO Hoaxes: Adobe Photoshop Forensics – Sleuths, Truths & “Fauxtography”
OP: Maybe...maybe not

Hoaxing - An important educational tool
OP: IssacKoi

Hoaxing images - The 4 step guide
OP: HeavenlyDivine

Would The iPhone UFO App Fool Members of ATS?

Spaceship? No ...it’s a cloud!

EVERY ONE of those posts is about the same thing, hoaxing. 4/5 are about hoaxing using IMAGE MANIPULATIONS (IE The SAME as your thread, search tool is a friend.)

Of course, if you used the search you would have seen all of those OPs were genuine! So your thread IS unique, just because of the simple fact:

You made it to pick on the gullible! (Your own words. Paraphrased, of course.)

To the readers, I suggest all of those other threads. Informative, and awesome; not a waste of time as this thread is. (IMO, I am sure there are some who enjoy the mistreatment of others...)

(EDIT To Add: "Paraphrased, of course.")

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

When did the OP "pick on" anyone?

I am defending the opportunity to have the gullible reveal themselves so as to take them off the table for further consideration.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

When did the OP "pick on" anyone?

I am defending the opportunity to have the gullible reveal themselves so as to take them off the table for further consideration.

Alright, we are accusing others of not reading the OP. I accuse you of not reading the THREAD.

Please, read my last few posts, as well as the long one by ET. They point out the exact quotes the OP has used to relay that they enjoy picking on the gullible.

Oh, and deny ignorance...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
(IMO, I am sure there are some who enjoy the mistreatment of others...)

This statement is as far from the truth as it could get in my case. The reason I continue to read and post in this thread is to get a laugh. I am not laughing at the gullible, I actually feel a bit sad for the people who post without reading. I am sure they are embarrassed and will pay closer attention to the details next time. What makes me laugh so hard are the people, like yourself ( and please do not take this as a personal attack) who seem not to get the point. The whole reason for the post was to show us that we need to pay attention before we jump to conclusions. The OP posted that the pictures were fake and he did it in bold type. The first post has not been edited yet so many of you are determined to destroy his post, his comments and his reputation. I have seen no posts by the OP stating that UFO's do not exist or that all photographic expediences faked. Only those who are so upset with his post are making these claims.

I have to agree with you on one thing though, I believe this thread should be closed. Not because of the OPs intention but before it starts a flame war.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
...The whole reason for the post was to show us that we need to pay attention before we jump to conclusions...

Please read my last few posts, and answer some questions for me.

Why did the OP state that the thread was created to cause the gullible to post? (Not in those exact words, read my last few posts for the exact quote.)

Why did they say that? And how do you know that the OP is lying when they say that?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I can say that K J Gunderson is probably one of the few that has read all the way through the thread.

And secondly, Instead of posting about how much you don't like this thread, why don't you post in any of those threads that you enjoy so much?

Personal vendetta towards me?

US. Soldier perhaps? My signature peeve you a little maybe?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am posting because I want an answer to this:

You said:

I actually got a kick out of the people that didn't read that they were fake and complimented the photos. I got a kick out of it because it further illustrates my point in creating this thread.

(I put the important part in bold.)

You just said that you made this thread to make fun of gullible people, why do you want to make fun of gullible people?

(Or, why do you find their discomfort entertaining?)

I notice you refuse to comment on that part of my argument.

EDIT (To Add: )
Shucks, he logged out.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

I can do better!

Went through the last 10 pages in the UFO boards, just to show how un-original the faux concept of this thread is.

However, I will say the "picking on people" part is new! (Remember me saying Thanks for contributing to the worthlessness that is now ATS? Good.)

UFO Hoaxes: Adobe Photoshop Forensics – Sleuths, Truths & “Fauxtography”

Hoaxing - An important educational tool
OP: IssacKoi

Hoaxing images - The 4 step guide
OP: HeavenlyDivine

Would The iPhone UFO App Fool Members of ATS?

Spaceship? No ...it’s a cloud!

EVERY ONE of those posts is about the same thing, hoaxing. 4/5 are about hoaxing using IMAGE MANIPULATIONS (IE The SAME as your thread, search tool is a friend.)

You have two valid comparisons on that list, the 3rd and 4th threads.

The first thread is about a book, and the second thread doesn't contain any images in the OP so neither of them is comparable to this thread in that respect of having hoax images in the OP.

And the 5th thread, about clouds, really isn't about hoaxes at all, the clouds are real, not hoaxed.

The iPhone app was kind of specific to that particular application, so posting these images there wouldn't have been appropriate.

So we're down to one thread, that's similar, the third one about the 4-step guide, and that was extremely lame. The OP in this thread did a much better job of making the images, so I'd say it's unique enough to justify a separate thread, even though as you correctly point out it's not the first thread on this topic.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Of coarse the thread was aimed at the gullible. Anyone who read the post reached the bold print at the bottom and simply thought "Great example of how easy it is to fool someone." I actually thought that some of the photo's were fake and my thoughts can be read in my first post. The purpose of the thread was to show how easily we can be fooled. It did exactly that. I can not help but laugh at anyone who can not see that.

What has the OP done that is so terrible? Did he make you think less of yourself? If so then you should be grateful to him for showing you a weakness in your own way of thinking. Again this statement is aimed at all who read and no one in particular, I do not mean you personally.

I have read every post on this thread (it is my favorite thread so far) you may have noticed that I posted earlier that gullible is not a real word. How many people do you think looked it up to see if it is a real word? Since I aimed that comment at those gullible enough to look the word up, does that mean I am an evil being and posted that just to ruin the credibility of the ATS forums?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join