It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two of the best? The oddest UFO entity photo's.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
After years of trawling through supposed images of aliens and otherworldly beings, there are just two cases which have left me perplexed and astonished.

Firstly, there is this. A bizarre photograph that is one of a sequence of 6:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33f16dc1fee7.jpg[/atsimg]

Taken by Filiberto Caponi in 1993.

This link provides the story: www.ufocasebook.com...

Next there is this sinister photograph. At the time, nothing was apparent to the photographer, Jim Stapleton, as he took the snaps of his daughter on Solway Firth, in the UK:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f59ce0243a2.jpg[/atsimg]

The story for this truly unusual episode is here:
www.ufoevidence.org...

I know these pictures have both been on ATS before, but i would be interested in peoples opinion of them.

They have left a strong impression on me and i feel that they are the cream of the crop!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
[color=C6AEC7]Ok... first of all the first pic - freaked me out as soon as I saw it, wasnt expecting anything like that
I havent been able to click on the link below it, I have had to scroll past it as quickly as possible Im afraid - sorry about that, its just really freaking me out not sure why.

*takes a deep breath*

Ok, the second one - good old Cumbrian Spaceman. I love this pic, seen it originally in one of my unexplained books, I have always been fascinated by it because I never yet read a satisfactory explanation for it. I have read that perhaps it is a person standing facing away from the camera, with a scarf on
and the back of their hair reflecting the light making it look like a helmet visor or something? I am not sure about that explanation though. Theres something about the bend of the arm that doesnt seem quite right for that.

I am inclined to think this is a real, unexplainable photo, its certainly an interesting one

It actually reminds me of a photo I have seen somewhere of a similar thing, this time it was a photo of an elderly woman I believe, and there appeared behind her in the picture her late husband who was also standing at a similar angle behind her head.

Cant remember where I saw that though, it was recently, on the internet somewhere.
I try to find it and post it if I know how.

Cool thread though OP, looking forward to discussion about these photos

[edit on 6-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tappy

The 'Cumbrian Spaceman' is a genuine mystery. You can tell that from Jim Stapletons honest account of what happened.

Yep, its crazy stuff alright and im looking forward to your input.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I've seen the first photo several times before on the net... it does look rather convincing as far as not being a typical photoshop hoax or generic gray style reproduction. Interesting to say the least, but yea I kinda got that odd, freaky, feeling too the first time I saw it. The second photo seems more like a person (human) standing with it's back to the camera... the right arm looks like it would be placing its hand on its lower back (leaning possibly?). As for the clothing, it strangely reminds me of a suit a person who was fencing (sword) would wear. I could see how that would make it look similar to a hood or helmet being worn... Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XxZenTruthxX

The picture suggests that the figures shoulder blades are on the wrong side of its body.

A funny one this, no explanation has ever been put forward to debunk it.

It was taken near a nuclear power station.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yep, I agree about Jim Stapletons account of what happened.

One thing Ive always wondered and never found out, is has anyone else ever tried to replicate the photo now? To see if it is possible that a normal person could be standing there? I believe the 'spaceman' looks too large or 'floaty' to be an actual person but it would be interesting from a coroborative (sp?) point of view to find out what would happen with a reconstruction.

It's photos like this that make me love paranormal/unexplained stuff

A fencing suit... interesting theory, hadn't considered that. It is hard to tell though, because of lighting/colouration etc just what the 'spaceman' is wearing.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

if your interested in the Solway Firth photograph you might like this video

www.ufologie.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tappy

I have to admit that the goon looks inflated, like a balloon or something, but i find Mr Stapletons account to be convincing.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I can't prove this theory...

The 2nd photo looks amazingly like the back side of a bald, overweight, man, walking away, with no shirt on, and the mask or face is the hair that grows on the back of his head between his ears, "the hair that gets combed forward to look like bangs"
As for the 3 photos it makes perfect sense that he was behind the girl in the 1st and or second pic, and went over the hill, for the 3rd.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Filiberto Caponi photo`s certainly are strange ones,first read about this in one of Timothy Good`s books,the other photo`s showing it shape changing are just bizarre to say the least.
The Cumbrian spaceman I`m sure was made out to be a toy given away free with breakfast cereal at the time,I`m sure there are some threads on ATS about this,but how it ended up in the photo is a mystery,unless of course it was double exposure?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The first photo looks to me like a paper mache creation. Some of the lines on the body look like overlapped material and the tone of the skin, seems to me like a bad paint job.

The second photo however, truly a mystery.

link   
The first photo doesn’t shock me one bit... living things die, some deteriorate and other are preserved, like i think this one is ... to me, it’s a grey...no surprise there. but i dont think its alive at the time the pics were taken.

But the second photo gives me the creeps.

The only suggestion that struck a chord with me was a letter from Woomera in Australia which came a month after the picture was shown around the world.

The people there were keen to see a good colour copy of the photo, as they had stopped a countdown of the Blue Streak rocket within hours of my photo being taken.

Apparently, two similar looking 'spacemen' had been seen close to the rocket.

Only later did I find out that part of the Blue Streak rocket was made and tested within sight of Burgh Marsh.

James Templeton
Carlisle
Cumbria
England

Now that’s weird.

[edit on 6/7/10 by Whateva69]

link   
reply to post by easynow

Honestly, how more genuine can you get?

Thanks for that!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hrm, well after seeing the photo in the video it definitely appears much less likely to be a human standing there. The figure does seem to be floating somewhat and the relative size seems off compared to the point of observation... Mysterious indeed.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The first picture gave me shivers (and not in a good way). I wonder how it feels to have that kind of structure and skin. Would piloting a spaceship be difficult for them? Or do they use the power of their mind to control their flying discs?

The second picture looks like a biohazard white suit. White Power Ranger, anyone?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm going to read more about the first picture, but I'm having trouble reading that print on the link..its killing my eyes. It could be a badly burnt grey

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The first one reminds me of some of the weird roots from the fleece flower plant. link to human looking roots

The second pic has always been of interest and intriguing.

edit for posting image link in wrong spot.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by drift393]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxZenTruthxX
Hrm, well after seeing the photo in the video it definitely appears much less likely to be a human standing there. The figure does seem to be floating somewhat and the relative size seems off compared to the point of observation... Mysterious indeed.

The "Cumberland Spaceman" photo is certainly fascinating, but the figure in the background may actually be standing firmly on the ground, and it may also be a man wearing an outfit which was popular in that time period:

www.ecalpemos.org...

I admit it seems very strange that Jim Stapleton could have missed seing a man standing in the background, but he was focused on taking the picture of his daughter. And when we focus on a particular task or object, we can completely miss other things going on in plain sight.

Sorry for yet another YouTube video, but "The Monkey Business Illusion" shows very clearly how selective our attention can be. And it's provides a fun little experiment to test how observant you really are!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

your pic took my breath away... i love our planet so much, amazing.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

You think that one was weird here is another not to derail but to re-reinforce theory about first pic and roots

link to article

<<   2  3  4 >>

join