It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two of the best? The oddest UFO entity photo's.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The human roots are absolutely insane I have never seen anything like that. No way on earth is it just a coincidence. Have they got any theories as to why the roots are like that?

The 'Cumbrian Spaceman' looks like a man in a professional bee suit..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They both look fake to me ...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f59ce0243a2.jpg[/atsimg]

OMG its the Stig! Never knew he was actually a space alien!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It was a few years ago when I first came across both photos, and back then as I do now, my thoughts were that the "spaceman" just ruined what was a beautiful photo of a little girl sitting in a field of wildflowers. As for the series of pics of what appears to be an alien being, they made me feel so terribly sad. Not only does it appear to be in terrible agony, I could almost feel the depth of its lonliness at dieing far from home, with none of its kind around to offer help and comfort. I honestly hope the photos of the creature are faked.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Full photo series of the Caponi Alien and witness account here:

www.ufocasebook.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a9a643f13b7.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the account of the repeated encounter between a humanoid being and a 23 years old Italian from Pretare d'Arquata, who took a series of 6 Polaroid pictures of the being.

The alleged series of encounters starts in Pretare d'Arquata, a small sector in the province of Ascoli Piceno, at the top of the Monte Vettore, a few kilometres after one leaves the road to Salaria.

They show, in sequence, a being in a various positions, seated, nearly erected, in seemingly painful physical conditions although this may be only an anthropomorphic impression. The being seems to have small dimensions, rather sturdy, with the skin that in some instantaneous ones appears burnished and thick and in last photograph, completely red, moisted, with the aspect of a badly wounded skin.

This case for me, is undecided. Could very well be a paper mache model. Or real? We dont have an official reference for what an alien would look like. Very likely not photoshopped. Its a classic case of a 'too good to be real' photo.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeah that was my thoughts, it's just too realistic for it to be real but then again that thought comes because of hoaxes. We tend to presume anything too good to be true is a hoax, that may be the case but sometime it may not be.

After reading the whole story of the little fella I feel it's either a hoax or some kind of genetic hybrid, experimented on then possibly set free or maybe it escaped.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

The photographer said that on the second occasion he saw the creature it had bandages around its legs. There is a somewhat fuzzy photo that would seem to confirm his account.

I always thought that if it was a hoax it was a nice little touch by the perpetrator!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I'm a relatively new to the world of computers and the use of certain programs to create some truly amazing hoaxed photographs. Do you know if those programs were available back when these pics were taken?
Thank you!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
reply to post by Silver Star

I'm a relatively new to the world of computers and the use of certain programs to create some truly amazing hoaxed photographs. Do you know if those programs were available back when these pics were taken?
Thank you!

Yes Photoshop was available. But its features (at that time) would not allow you to recreate something close to the quality shown in the Caponi Alien photos. If it is hoaxed, it is a series of paper mache or plastic models. If it is real, its pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley
reply to post by tappy

He doesn`t look too happy does he,maybe she was sitting
with her new man?

I love pictures like this,whether they are optical illusions,
double exposures or picking up on something that our
eyes cannot I have no idea..cool though!

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Elmer_Dinkley]

you could be right!

Yep, me too, I find them interesting and I like to dismiss all rational possibilities, so that when all that's left is something unexplainable, it makes it all the more interesting

I really need to hunt around and find some more good ones, trouble is some of them scare me too much

[color=C6AEC7]Edit to add: Just seen page three of this thread and now Im spooked again with even more pictures of that brown alien thing
I thought Id managed to avoid it so far by scrolling past page one. Its still freaking me out.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tappy

Seek do not, for come you to will it...

www.theironskeptic.com...

whatsallthisthen.wordpress.com...

Never been able to get my head round this case . having said that, the area is a veritable hotbed of UFO sightings. I wonder if the shape is just the human brain anthropomorphising the shape, but it does seem to be slightly more concrete than that. Strange anyway and i believe the veracity of the picture, if not the interpretation, is still solid.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Wow thanks for this

The Ilkley Moor Monster, eh? I haven't heard of this one before. Ok I've read the two links and my impression is this.

The photo to me looks real - the 'creature' looks slightly different grading/colouration to the surrounding shrubbery, as try as I might I can't see it as simply part of the landscape. Nowhere else in the photo does the spindly 'arms' and 'legs' appear, which I might expect if it were just part of the landscape.

I can almost see a face on it - certainly two eyes, which seem quite big (and typical of the famous 'gray' alien perhaps?).

BUT... I do not believe the guy's abduction story. I'm always very suspicious of hypnotic regression because who's to say ideas can't be planted in someone's mind this way? Yes, its interesting that his compass started working the other way and that he lost two hours - but missing time doesn't mean alien abduction. It could be a time anomaly related to the alien but not necessarily meaning he was whisked aboard a ship.

Nice that it took place back in the 80s, before digital cameras which, although cool technology, just (imo) make it harder to convince people that a photo is real, because its much easier to fake them now. Back in 1987 the ability to fake would have been much harder I'd imagine.

Tappy's conclusion - definitely unexplainable, I like this story and photo
and I'd be interested to see what other opinions are about it.

Once again thanks for posting

Edit to add: Forgot to say, about his regression/abduction story he mentions that they showed him something but told him he can't tell anyone else about it cos they don't want him to know - so why show him it at all? What purpose would it serve, unless they thought he could somehow prevent it? Doesn't sound like he's doing anything to prevent anything like that though?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hey yes!

I'd forgotten about that picture and it's story. Beautiful!

I am racking my brains trying to think of other photo's now.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Thank you kindly for the info! I have mixed emotions regarding that series of photos that to my untrained eye appear very real. Whilst hoping that the photos of what could be an entity from another planet are real, at the same time I'm hoping what also looks like photos of a creature in a great deal of pain, are in fact a very skilled hoax on the part of the perpetrator.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

The video is so wrong it's hard to know just where to start. First there is no ridge. to claim there is is absolute bunkem . it was taken on a Marsh land. Marsh lands are , by definition, flat, or they aren't Marsh lands. The horizon is about 100 yards maybe even further than that. Go to 1.34 in this video and that is actually the place the picture was taken. See how far the horizon actually is and how totally and utterly flat the area is.
I am not sure I understand your point correctly, but if you are saying that the figure has to be standing far away in the horizon, that is not correct. The figure can very well be standing just a short distance behind the girl, the horizon doesn't really have anything to do with it. I am also aware that marsh lands are flat.
I don't see any ridge either, but look at the perspective. When I look at the cropped photo, something is screwed up about the perspective and I tend to agree with firemoon's statement that it looks like the guy is standing in midair.

But then when I look at the uncropped photo, Firemoon and I appear to be wrong in that perception as it doesn't appear the guy is standing in midair at all due to the different perspective.

So I decided to do a little experiment. I took the image of the man in the video superimposed on the girls head, and put that image in the uncropped shot.

I then put a railroad track photo next to it and drew vanishing points in both images. at each point the railroad tracks appear half as wide, I drew reference lines. In that perspective, it looks like the guy is standing between the 6.25% and 12.5% reference lines. I don't know the sitting height of the child, but if it's 22" then the guy would be 8.3' tall, and if she's taller sitting down the guy would be taller too.

Here's a snapshot of my doodling to come up with this guesstimate (scroll to the right if you want to see the railroad tracks):

Now I made some small errors, this was just a rough estimate to satisfy my own curiosity. And I didn't experiment at all with different body types/proportions for the man, this could influence the results as some people have vastly different leg to torso proportions, so this could make a difference. Considering all these variables, it's not inconceivable to me that with further experimentation and analysis (probably more than I'm willing to do) it could be determined that a 6' tall man might be a possibility in this photo just as the video suggests. However, while my initial guess using the video's example does show an "too tall" man, I don't think the discrepancy is so large as to be unresolvable with further analysis, he's certainly not 20' tall.

Now, what does the image show? Is it a visor or just the back of someone's head? Look at the way the sunlight hits the girls forehead and eyes. See how the shadow edge forms on her cheek bones?

This angle of illumination is important when looking at the head of the "spaceman". What is the shape of a person's head in the back? It often protrudes near the top, and then recedes closer to the neck. So I can't rule out that what we are seeing is just the back of a gray-haired person's head, with the sunlight bright on the top and then what appears to be a "visor" might be merely a shadow where the gray hair appears darker in contrast to the overly bright gray hair in direct sunlight:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4159c167ebce.png[/atsimg]

And I think I see the outline of some glasses, as if the person is facing away from the camera but has their head turned slightly to the right, just enough to see the glasses, do you see the outline?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bb82de565a8.png[/atsimg]

So while there may appear to be a discrepancy with the perspective, I'm not convinced it's so large as to be unresolvable. Don't forget, we all have defective brains as this Ponzo illusion shows:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65d8ebc64777.gif[/atsimg]

Our brains tend to see the top yellow line as larger than the bottom yellow line, when in fact they are the same length. Could this be part of the reason the guy looks like he must be 20' tall to some people? What this shows is that our brains have trouble judging dimensions in perspective.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ive always thought the second one was genuine, the story just sounds right really (and you have another similar sighting reported at the same time thousands of miles apart). Its also funny since just thinking about standing on a hill side and never knowing that you might be right next to a cloaked Alien taking in the view as well always makes me feel a little uneasy... heck I could have one over my shoulder right now

As to the first Photo ive always liked the series of pictures, the story is a little odd (never seen a proper translation), and if true the poor thing was truly a retched creature that should have been put out of its misery.

The problem is, while a couple of the Photos are excellent, one or two in the series are laughable, especially the one done from the front of it sitting in the grass... it looks like a badly made toy in that photo (even its scale seems to be way off compared to the other photos), and how it could be passed off as the same creature in the other photos I dont know, that alone makes the encounter suspect (although if i remember this all happened over the period of a week or so?). That being said however, the photo posted above and the one of the slick cocoon object (not sure what it is) are excellent and definitely have a 'that is a real thing' quality to them... if its a hoax the photographer got real lucky with how some of those photos came out.

Just what it was I dont know, a small, burnt bipedal creature with tubes inserted into its chest (could be anything really, science experiment that escaped, alien crash survivor, dimensional entity). I know its rough, but in this case the guy really needed to thump it with a stick and take its corpse to a doctor to examine, since without it, the photos are just too up and down to be labeled as genuine.

Even so, its in the 'so strange it might just be true' categories.

Edit:- Opps just read Nightvisions post a few posts up. Never seen the bottom right photo before, fits in with the guys account of the bandaged legs.

Not sure why people say its papermache since to me it looks like genuine skin the same consistency of the exterior of a Salami, pliable yet leathery. The reason i dont think its papermache is the fact theres clearly movement and stretching between posses in the photos, which you cant do with a papermache model, it'll just tear. The surface details appear to match up well between them all as well... could of had a number of different models I guess, but that would be alot of effort for a hoax like this.

Cant make heads or tails of the bottom left photo no matter how many times I see it... floating? turgid giant flesh bean?

Also with the Cumbrian Spaceman, the one thing that always makes me think its genuine is the fact he's wearing a skin tight suit over a rather muscular frame. Not something id think people would wear during that period... or even today, heck in my opinion its almost to skin tight, theres no sign of bunching up or folding anywhere. Also... why people think hes facing the camera i dont know,you can easily tell by the arms he's facing away from the camera. Guess they see a dark patch and immediately think 'visor' without thinking.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What works against the supposed Italian alien is the simple fact that this guy--like whathisname in Switzerland--was able to photograph the creature several times in virtually his back yard over a period of several months. That is phenomenal and unheard of for legitimate photos.

A silly question for a supposed picture of an ET, but is that typical?

How long does an ET linger on before it finally heals or gives up the ghost? Evidently, it didn't do the latter since no remains were found. The bloody gauze bit is not supportive to it being an ET. Who doctored it? How did it get there? Was there a UFO crash nearby and it hung around for three months for the rescue ship?

And the guy's mentioning of his laboratory (which is much the same word across the Romance languages, and the later term used by the investigator of "workshop," posed other questions. What kind of work did this young man do in the shop? Why does it get half a dozen pictures taken of it, several people sleeping in the same house (one even in the same room) and never has anyone with him at the time of the picture taking?

The creature has some funny feet with two large toes and maybe heel spurs? The arms seem to always be in the same position, setting or standing. Maybe it has a couple of fat fingers on each hand, but it is hared to tell.

One loudly telling indication of a model is that the head is aways shown turned to the right. And, of course, the photos supposedly taken hastily on the spur of the moment, are always from the right hand side of the creature. Highly unusual when he had no control over the thing that would get up and run off sooner or later.

In short, I don't believe the guy, but I do believe in little guys in strange flying machines coming her basically forever.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Go to Google maps and put Burgh by Sands, Solway Firth into the search then use the map to check how far the horizon is from the road. It is then you realise how *impossible* this figure actually is. The horizon is at least 100 metres and probably, more akin to 200-250 metres behind the girl.

You railroad tracks need to narrow a lot quicker than they do because of the photographers position in relation to the horizon. The faint blue haze in the background, on the horizon is using the formula for calculating it and assuming the guy is crouching, about 1.5 miles. Given that a person of 6ft tall can see 3 miles, over flat land, to the horizon. We are in a very unique position with this picture as it was taken on a totally flat landscape, being a marsh so the know variables are tiny. That is , if we say, the figure is 10 percent from the horizon that places it over a mile away. and makes it absolutely huge. So it can't be that.

If we say then, the figure is 10 percent of the way from the green horizon of the marsh, given at its' narrowest from the road it is still 100 metres wide, then the figure is standing 90 metres behind the girl,.? Your railroad analogy is a false one in this case. as the trees block the horizon, you need a railroad track running to a flat horizon some 1.5 miles in the distance to lay alongside the Solway photo

This image is far more like the railway tracks you should be using.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Great thread!

I hadn't seen that second photo before, the witness account is very interesting.

S&F

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I've seen the first photo around numerous websites, with varying explanations as to what exactly it's supposed to be of. The number of claimed background stories it has leads me to be skeptical, but it's definitely a good hoax if it is one - it could definitely be a poor space alien who got burned up in orbit and had its spacesuit melted onto its body. The white tubes look strangely pristine and, well, fake, but that's not really evidence either way.

The second photo has always creeped me out - My intuition says it's a double exposure or simple out-of-focus person, but the story behind it is pretty believable and the visual distortion that would have to have occurred to produce the "spaceman" image is too significant to rule out legitimacy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join