It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sign Of NIBIRU

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
THE GIST

-An object eight times the size of Jupiter is confirmed to be orbiting a distant star.
-Scientists have no explanations for how the object, which resembles a planet, formed so far away.
-Follow-up studies could determine if the object is a planet or a previously undiscovered stellar companion.

PHOTO: news.discovery.com...

A planet-like object about eight times the size of Jupiter is locked in orbit around very young star, though the exact relationship between the two remains a mystery.

Circling 300 times farther from the star than Earth orbits the sun, the object could be a planet, perhaps one that was catapulted out into the nether regions after a collision or close encounter with an as-yet undetected sibling planet.

"There is no theory for how a true planet can form at 300 AU (astronomical units, with one unit equal to 93 million miles, the mean distance between Earth and the sun). It's not really a lack of imagination. It's a lack of physics," California Institute of Technology astronomer John Johnson told Discovery News.

Current theories, observations and computer models show that planets form from a disk of gas and dust that circles young stars. Less material is available as the distance to the parent star grows.

"You actually have to have material out there to have the planet forming," Johnson said.

Another option is that the object, designated as 1RXS J160929.1-210524 b and located about 500 light-years away in the constellation Scorpius, is a new type of failed star -- something akin to a brown dwarf, though about half the size -- which formed along with the primary star about 5 million years ago.

But scientists similarly are at a loss to explain how such a relatively small object could have survived the stellar birthing process.

"The models show it's difficult to successfully produce a low-mass object next to a much more massive object," said University of Montreal astronomer David Lafreniere, who lead a team that photographed the object in 2008, the first time a planet beyond the solar system was directly imaged.

Confirmation this week by Lafreniere and colleagues that the object is indeed in orbit with its parent -- or sibling -- star should galvanize follow-on studies that could illuminate the relationship, such as finding sister planets or building an inventory of similar systems elsewhere in the galaxy.

"This is a puzzle right now," Lafreniere said. "How do you end up with an object with this mass with this large of a separation?"

edit on 9/14/2010 by semperfortis because: Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Nice thread. As a scientist i must admit we have known about this for some years now,we are keeping the main info close to our hearts,but this is a nice thread to inform the public out there.

We do have nir-marked up on our map per today and know its location.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Can you provide more info about this?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Nice but what does this have to do with NIBIRU??

I'm now officially past the stage of considering NIBIRU/Planet X stuff...

If a huge star/planet was going to impact Earth in 2012 we would be seeing it by now and feeling it's effects...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
Nice thread. As a scientist i must admit we have known about this for some years now,we are keeping the main info close to our hearts,but this is a nice thread to inform the public out there.

BS.... Your saying your a scientist (dont doubt that) and you and your cronies have Nibs marked up and know its location?

If that is true do the world a favour and release the info. If you dont then your as bad as TPTB.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

We discover many asteroids after they pass near Earth, and very few are discovered before they come near Earth.
If a star has a tremendous speed and is far away from Earth, it could be visible in 2012. Why does it have to be visible right now?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

It would be nice to know what the scientists are hiding, but in the end what can you do to save yourself in case of an collision between Earth and a 8times bigger planet than Jupiter? This info would cause only chaos.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

Its supposed to be HUGE....

How fast do you think its travelling??????

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

It is SUPPOSED to be huge, we do not know that yet. And i believe that the planet has a huge speed, which in a collision with Earth will be more devastating than a slow planet hitting Earth.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Thank you for coming forward.

It is a difficult truth for most to digest.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hey all. Hey I just wanted to inject my take on this. I happen to think that it's very possible some kind of Earth changes will occur very soon. Perhaps in the form of a pole shift/plate movement. I thought that this could be caused by a near miss with Nbiru/Planet X at first but here's where I have to side with skeptics these days. I think if anything is gonna happen it will be because of interactions between the Sun and the Earth. Not because of Nbiru and here's why:

Ok skeptics have pointed out that if Nbiru was going to hit Earth or come even close it has to meet certain laws of physics. Now with those laws in mind, if it were massive enough to do what it's supposed to do it would have to be visible to the naked eye by now in order to hit by the end of 2012. It just simply can't be moving any faster than the speed of light and for obvious reasons is probably nowhere near THAT speed! But even if it were going near the speed of light, because of it's size, it would be visible by now. That is a pretty convincing argument to me! There's more detail in the skeptics full report on it but you get the jist.

Now that being said I do think the "snapping back" of the Sun's magnetic field at it's equator is a real possibility. If and when that happens, which is soon according to many who hypothesize it, it will send a great deal of energy and matter flying at us on Earth. It then will supposedly cause the Earth to flip poles and the tectonic plates to "slip". This also is shown by their hypothesis to happen like clock work, occuring many times before. They have some rather convincing evidence to back their claims up too. I of course I can't remember the details off hand but was convinced by what I read.

So in closing I think that while this is an interesting find indeed, the problems we may have here in short order will be caused by our neighbor that's already in the 'hood and not a giant planet moving and ludicrous speed.

Peace

Edit for S&G

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xspinx

It is SUPPOSED to be huge, we do not know that yet. And i believe that the planet has a huge speed, which in a collision with Earth will be more devastating than a slow planet hitting Earth.

If 2 planets collide it is devastating. Speed is of no importance.

Devastating is to lay waste or render desolate.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry but it is in "stealth" mode is a ridiculous argument, there are thousands of observatories around world and regular astronomers who aren't being controlled or any crap like that. So if it's out there it would have been seen by anyone. But where is the proof?

We need to stop being wound up in Zecharia Sitchin's fictional work and concentrate on more important matters.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You contradict yourself in this statement. You say this object might be Nibiru? In that paragraph of info, it clearly states this object is 500 LIGHT YEARS away. Unless you decide to completely disregard the theory of relativity, this means that at the ABSOLUTE HIGHEST possible speed, this object could only arrive here in 500 years, but it very likely wont travel at the speed of light, this object, if it were to enter our solar system would arrive in thousands of, maybe ten thousand years.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

There are many known asteroids that do not come near earth. When I mean many I mean like 100,000. The reason that we have to see asteroids is that they are too small to be detected gravitationally. The asteroid belt has an estimated 4% of the mass of the moon. That's not much matter. A planet on the other hand has a gravitational field that can be detected. It is also large and reflects substantial light.

That is why we know with a certainty that no new planets can exist and enter the orbits of the known planets.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

As a scientist?
Might I ask what you are?
Because I really doubt you're telling the truth.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

There is no planet out there that 8x Jupiter in our solar system. That verges on the size of a brown dwarf. Such an object could be spotted out well over 2000AU.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

As a scientist?
Might I ask what you are?

Don't bother, hes not a scientist. He is saying it so he can add credibility to his statement, and make him seem more important in the subject, he is more likely a space enthusiast who spotted something on his telescope and thought its nibiru.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I figured that.
I've seen him say the same thing in other threads.
Always just vaguely "scientist"
And always talking about some inside information that he cannot ever share with us.

[mod edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 5-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Hmm, he must have some very serious need for him to believe he is above other people. If he is claiming to be a scientist, and that he knows something others dont so much, its clear that he has some sort of insecurity or he needs attention.

[mod edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 5-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join