It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another crazed Christian :-)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Greetings, all. My name is Dale, I'm 47, and I'm a new registrant, though I've read the site for a while. Although I've been exposed to a variety of conspiracy kind of things since an early age (my Dad had all sorts of UFO magazines around the house in the 70s), my main interest these days is religion. I've been a Christian for about 30 years, but that has waxed and waned over the years. I've moved from a fundamentalist perspective to a more scientific and theological point of view as I've aged, and learned more about the world around me.

About three months ago, my wife died, at home, of a massive heart attack. I came back to the site as a result of that, reading a thread about the Near Death Experience of one of the site moderators. The loss of my beloved wife has been a very painful thing for me (as one might assume,) but I truly believe that God continues to love me, care for me, and direct me, and I have not lost my faith in the face of my grief.

I'm sure that the least thing you're looking for is yet another crazed Christian, but I think that my perspective is a little different than the typical evangelical, so I hope that I can contribute to relevant discussions.

Thanks, in advance, for your welcome!

dale

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Don't worry, outside of threads relating to religion, religion is very rarely spoken of.
Most of us don't care what you believe, just no converting, please. And welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Welcome...I am a non-religious Christian and I have a similar approach.

Look forward to your contribution.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hi this is a good place to talk about your ideas or views.Personally i think Harold is the aliens but my theory about god is only an opinion, which i can say here without being ridiculed and you can expect the same.Welcome.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
just no converting, please.

In my experience, it's a matter of correcting, not converting, lol. If there's a belief system that's more abused, less understood and more poorly represented, I don't know what it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your wife, I just lost my grandmother about 2 weeks ago and that isn't even a tenth of what you must feel.

As for religion I am a true Atheist; no god, no higher power and no spirits. But I am somewhat Agnostic by saying it's all still possible. But I definitely don't believe in a god, it is just logistically, philosophically and intellectually impossible to even consider it as a rational view. But, to each his own!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I'm sorry to hear about your wife, I just lost my grandmother about 2 weeks ago and that isn't even a tenth of what you must feel.

As for religion I am a true Atheist; no god, no higher power and no spirits. But I am somewhat Agnostic by saying it's all still possible. But I definitely don't believe in a god, it is just logistically, philosophically and intellectually impossible to even consider it as a rational view. But, to each his own!

At one time in my life, I believed exactly the same thing. But, as I began to study physics, I started to realize that there was a lot more going on than we understood, and it opened the door to me returning to God.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandmother. The pain of grieving is something that varies from person to person, so I can't do much for you beyond extending my sympathies. But you're correct... even with my strong faith, and my belief that my wife is in a good place, it is very painful to be left behind and face life without her.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Welcome Adjensen to Above Top Secret,

I'm new here as well. I'm sorry about your wife passing. This must be hard for you.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi there, welcome to ATS.

I'm a Christian myself, at present, but I'm also a former atheist.
I described myself in my own intro thread as trying to "hold faith and rationalism in harness", which may describe your own position as well.

If you've been reading ATS, you may have found out already where religion is on this board.

But, just in case;
For ordinary discussions of theology and faith, there's an assigned section down in BTS. The catch is that BTS gets about two visitors a day, so the pace of discussion is slow.

Lots of Christians seem to hang out on the "Conspiracies in religion" section, where topics have to be fairly controversial by definition.
So atheists begin threads saying "Here is a verse in the Bible proving that God is evil".
Christians begin threads saying "Atheists are really believers, they just think they're not believers".
And agnostics occasionally write "I think you're both silly" threads.

And -Ahem!- if you have any interest in thoughtful, not necessarily fundamentalist, exposition of Revelation, it may be worth checking a certain series of regular threads being put out on the Predictions and Prophecies forum

Look forward to seeing you around.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

My condolences for your loss. I believe in infinite consciousness, so your wife carries on as we evolve to perfection and reunion with God.

I am an Integral Metaphysician, that’s one who believes there is truth in all spiritual systems, and tries to practice some things from the best of them.

I hope you can find some fulfillment on this forum that relives you of some of your grief.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
atheist here......pleasure to have you join ats.........

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

My sympathy to you, I cannot imagine losing my own wife. Meanwhile, I have been able to see the dead for all my life, this is not some illusion, nor am I crazy, it just is. The dead are in a place where whatever they want comes to them immediately, and they want for nothing. Some can even make themselves known to the living, I have seen, and spoken to my Grandfather who died when I was 7, and recently by my Father, but you would not want to believe his story. You will see your wife again, and the other wives too, and all of your family and friends, and pets when you get to the other side.

I left Christianity years ago after reading several different Bibles and realizing that it is NOT the word of God, any God, but rather a medium for control of a people. I have also discovered that the God of the Christians, Jesus, never existed and is recorded only in the Roman Piso Family written New Testament. I have also discovered that Yahweh was in fact a Dragon, to me that means the Reptilians had a heavy hand in creating Christianity.
Look forward to debating with you, and welcome to the board.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Although I identify myself as a christian it is only because I believe Jesus was who he said he was. My religious beliefs, I promise you, are significantly different from anything you or anyone here has ever imagined. I believe in an afterlife and I believe that you will see your wife again. Until the day the two of you meet again, enjoy your stay at ATS.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
If there's a belief system that's more abused, less understood and more poorly represented, I don't know what it is.

Amen! I am 26 and recently have gotten over a militant atheist phase. I hesitate to call myself Christian because my faith is pretty much nonexistent, I am still in love with sin, and still think I probably am damned.

But the Bible reads a lot differently now than it did in Catholic Sunday school back in the day, and whoever wrote the Gospels, whether it was God magically materializing them or an evil conspiracy of humans to come up with a religion to control the masses, to something in between those extremes (more likely I'd say) had access to a great deal of wisdom to write those words.

I'm with you on the science part. Those who say science rules out Christianity (as opposed to saying it rules out ultra-fundie, young-earth craziness) have not studied it enough. I can hold my own in an online debate concerning QM, even when equations start popping out, yet remain convinced that there is more to this Universe than meets the eye. In fact, the more open to that possibility I grow, the more obvious it seems. There are elephants in the room that militant atheists do not wish to see.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

OOOOOOH, put me on the "Crazy Christian" list too!!!!

Glory to God!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Glory to God!

lol.

It's sad that people who are steadfast and supportive of something are deemed "mentally ill" by those who choose not to believe in the same thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

At one time in my life, I believed exactly the same thing. But, as I began to study physics, I started to realize that there was a lot more going on than we understood, and it opened the door to me returning to God.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandmother. The pain of grieving is something that varies from person to person, so I can't do much for you beyond extending my sympathies. But you're correct... even with my strong faith, and my belief that my wife is in a good place, it is very painful to be left behind and face life without her.

LOL, when you were studying Physics and learned about the Conservation of Angular Momentum did you immediately realize: "WOW, this shreds the idea of a Big Bang theory..."???

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Glory to God!

lol.

It's sad that people who are steadfast and supportive of something are deemed "mentally ill" by those who choose not to believe in the same thing.

"Foolishness to the Greek"

Call me a Fool 4 Jesus then, I stand guilty as charged.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Welcome welcome fellow Christian don't wayver there will always be tests in your life and tests from members but always remember as a believer he will protect you and yours

But first and foremost is freedom of speech

You may not agree with what some say but you have to respect their right to say it and they will return the favor

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I am so sorry you lost your beloved wife too early. That is a tough thing to overcome.

I am another crazy Christian who believes in Christ's teachings, but not in mankind's organised churches.

<<   2 >>

join