It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another crazed Christian :-)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I've read your posts, often in threads that I have also posted to, and you speak intelligently. I am a solipsist from the very beginning, one of the last things I have to shed, but as a result of inner contemplating with the outer "dimension" I definitely rose out of my atheist beliefs and now believe in Jesus Christ. I still have a ways to go though, as I have a few vices I need to let go!

[edit on 8/6/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Um, are you replying to me?

It was unclear.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I am so sorry you lost your beloved wife too early. That is a tough thing to overcome.

I am another crazy Christian who believes in Christ's teachings, but not in mankind's organised churches.

It is sad that so many churches have lost their way in what should be a fairly simple faith, and wind up confusing people or driving them away. On the other hand, without doctrine, there wouldn't be so many sermons to explain it all, lol!

Following Christ is the important bit, absolutely. If you're able to manage that outside of an organized faith community, that's wonderful. I tried, but wasn't able to make much headway, so I went back to my church, with the stated understanding that I was going to stay focused on the core of Christ's teachings, and I've done okay with that, I think.

Thanks for the condolences, it's been a tough road, but I truly feel God's presence in my life, helping me along.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
I've read your posts, often in threads that I have also posted to, and you speak intelligently. I am a solipsist from the very beginning, one of the last things I have to shed, but as a result of inner contemplating with the outer "dimension" I definitely rose out of my atheist beliefs and now believe in Jesus Christ. I still have a ways to go though, as I have a few vices I need to let go!

[edit on 8/6/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

Don't we all! lol Perfection is an admirable goal, but hardly a realistic one, I suppose. At least, that's the case for me.

The very nature of a spiritual journey, I think, is the interesting, challenging and inspiring places that it takes us, just like a physical journey might. Just when you think that you're on the straight and narrow, up comes a twist and a turn, and out of that little nudge, you find an amazing vista opening up ahead of you.

I think that solipsism is a logical place that one can start from, particularly after hearing the old "I think, therefore I am" quotation. For me, I quickly ran into a variety of problems with it, and so I moved on. But recognizing my own existence, in this place, in this fashion, remains a core belief, I think it's likely madness to try and work through the alternative perspective (though a couple of months ago, I had a go of it, spurred on by my grieving. I referenced it in my thread on grieving here.)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

no sorry about that. I was talking to adjensen

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would not call crazed to be a Christian per se. I believe in Jesus's teaching but some times the religious aspects of it don't mesh well with it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join