It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"There is an old wall-picture of Karnak, belonging to the era f the eighteenth dynasty, in whichthe god Set appears as an instructor of King Thothmes III in the science of archery.

Sety I, the second ing of the nineteenth dynasty, the shepherd kings, derives his name from the god Set - a sign of the high honor in which he was held among the shepherd kings; and indeed we are informed that they regarded Set, or Sutech, as the only true God, the sole deity, who alone was worhy of receiving divine honors.

If the time of the shepherd kings is to be identified with the settlement of Jacob's sons in Egypt, and if the monotheism of the Hyksos is the root of Moses's religion, what food for thought lies in the fact that the same awe of a fearful power that confronts us in life, changes aong the Egyptians into the demonology of Set, and, among the Israelies into the cult of Yahveh!"

- from The History of The Devil by Paul Carus, p.18-19

Ol Randy, you need to look further back, dude. Your lack of knowledge is showing you up.

There was no Bible, but you could find your Lord in the Book of the Dead - he was considered evil, though. Perspective is a funny thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by WolfofWar

It doesn't change it as a story. It changes it if you are saying it is in the infallible word of God. If God is making these errors then he is not infallible, and not God. If the copywriters are making these errors then Gods divine powers are not protecting his word from being written accurately. If the later is the case, then where does those errors stop? If somebody can write contradictions accidentally, then perhaps they can deliberately alter and manipulate it. That means the book is no longer the word of god, but the word of man.

It dosn't change anything for anybody except for you.
You need to think about that.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by randyvs]

So it doesn't matter to you, that by your own logic, even if the bible is allowed by God to be manipulated and miswritten, and that many things could actually be falsified by man, and not written by god, it still doesn't matter? Your logical fallacies are overwhelming my brain pan.

You stated that they are in fact errors, but copy errors. Copy errors that existed in the original Torah. God allowed them to occur, so that means man could write what he wanted in the Bible and God didn't stop him. That means everything in the bible could be mans word, not Gods. That doesn't bother you? It seems you care more about the Bible then God. That's idoltry. Looks like you will be burning in hell with the rest of us, eh?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

There was no Bible, but you could find your Lord in the Book of the Dead - he was considered evil, though. Perspective is a funny thing.
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Yes I would agree perspective can be an even funnier thing depending on who is holding that perspective. No?

WAR

So it doesn't matter to you, that by your own logic, even if the bible is allowed by God to be manipulated and miswritten, and that many things could actually be falsified by man, and not written by god, it still doesn't matter? Your logical fallacies are overwhelming my brain pan.

They mean nothing. Are you going to keep going on about nothing ? Please why?
Show me another book that can even come close to the Bible?
I love the Bible so you have to know I would love to see something that comes close. Again you have nothing.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It means everything. It means you are wrong. It means you are unable to understand the scope of what errors in a holy book means. It means you are following things that could be written by man. It means you are afraid and ignoring reality. The only person in 26 pages that has said any nonsense is you. You start a thread acting all tough, refuse to look at reality, and write barely two lines per post, which basically say "I'm not listening, I'm not listening!"

If God allowed people to write things falsely in the bible, then everything in the bible can be incorrect.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It means everything. It means you are wrong. It means you are unable to understand the scope of what errors in a holy book means. It means you are following things that could be written by man. It means you are afraid and ignoring reality. The only person in 26 pages that has said any nonsense is you. You start a thread acting all tough, refuse to look at reality, and write barely two lines per post, which basically say "I'm not listening, I'm not listening!"

Believe me I understand what you would like it to mean. That simply isn't the case. Not by a far cry. The Bible is far an away 1000 times more than any book you can bring to the table. Show me something that compares
guy ? You can't there isn't one. Not any where, place, or time. Sorry but there isn't is there ? The Bible is indestructable is it not ?

What would it be? Something by Dawkins ? That one merits a Darwin award to be sure.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't believe you understand. At all. In fact your insistence on repeating the same thing indicates to me that you don't actually grasp what I am saying, or you just chose to ignore it. I hope, for your sake, it's the later.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Believe me I understand what you would like it to mean. That simply isn't the case. Not by a far cry.

Out of curiosity, what does the Bible mean to you? I am speaking about the divisions that are present within the belief system itself because everyone it seems has their own ideas. How many denominations are there?

Do you believe in a pre tribulation rapture? Or do you even believe in a rapture at all? Do you believe that babies should be baptized? Or do you believe that baptism is an outward sign of an inward change and therefore can only be done when one is able to understand this?

There are a ton of more divisions but I'll just stick with the above for now.

Men are nearly always willing to believe what they wish...Julius Caesar.

Edited grammatical.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I hope, for your sake, it's the later.

You hope for my sake?
You no longer merit a response. That was just weak.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Jack thank you for the question and the courtesy! A breath of fresh air you are. Give me a minute.

Do you believe in a pre tribulation rapture? Or do you even believe in a rapture at all? Do you believe that babies should be baptized? Or do you believe that baptism is an outward sign of an inward change and therefore can only be done when one is able to understand this?

I'm up in the air about a rapture at what ever point. The Bible is very clear about there being one don't you think? So my belief on that is
simply belief. No I think baptizing babies is useless unless the right person is doing the baptizing. A babe baptized by Christ is all together a different thing IMO.

I stated earlier in this thread that I belong to no denomination. I don't expect anyone to read all this crap though. I study what I can when I can on my own. Because I believe you should get what ever message God wants you to get. Not what someone else wants you to get. I believe that is possible because it is alive in the truth of God. So no big congregations for me. I'm on my own in all of this and I like it that way. Perfer it even.Iis that a good enough description for you so for Jack?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, bury your head in the sand little ostrich, it's what you've been doing for 26 pages. If you really want to get into this, we can, but you would be decimated. I've been trying to hold back as much as we can. We can get into the Apocryphal texts if you want. Maybe the council of Nicea? Even if the Bible is the word of god, by your own volition is subject to change by man. they cherry pick what is in it already, why couldn't they have also manufactured the book to say what they wished?

I'm not saying God doesn't exist, or does exist. I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows until we die. I simply chose to not worship a book written by man, and based on your disillusion and fear of reality, I believe I made the right choice.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Books comparable to the bible?

That's easy:

- Koran
- Buddhist Suttas and Sutras
- Rig-Vega for Hindus
- Word-of-mouth stories by the bushmen in Papua New Guinea

Even the content is often very similar

I'm sorry, but the bible isn't all that special...it might be to you, but for billions of people on this planet, it's just as "great" as the Koran, Sutras, Rig-Vega, or the Big Mac they just ordered at McD.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

you forgot:

The Homeric Hymns
The Kitáb-i-Aqdas
Dianetics
Tao Ti Zing
Divine Principle
the Nihon Shoki
the Satanic Bible
And probably the most important one, The Harry Potter saga.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by hippomchippo

in your signature is that the Aurthur Clarke who perished the day he saw grb080319 in the constellation bootes where arcturus is? the brightest recorded event in earths history and only one available with the naked eye and which if you look at Pi of the Sky makes me think of silver surfer although I realize thats just the choppy video
www.science20.com...

theopenscroll.com...

Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.-Job9.9

We saw his star-Matt2.2

canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?-Job38.32

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.-Gen1.14

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

Is that your shot at trying to convert me? Using the death of a highly celebrated writer? Wow..

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

it's just stated facts with a question - I assume that's the guy by your attempt to twist and accuse from a question, have you seen within his writings anything about the the face on mars and the pyramid on the forehead? again a legitimate question don't get it twisted, I was'nt a believer either till I heard a voice -see previous page for testimony

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

it's just stated facts with a question - I assume that's the guy by your attempt to twist and accuse from a question, have you seen within his writings anything about the the face on mars and the pyramid on the forehead? again a legitimate question don't get it twisted, I was'nt a believer either till I heard a voice -see previous page for testimony

Yes, I know he died on that date, but that doesn't make the bible true at all.
Pyramid on the forehead? Go on? And don't think that proves the bible anyway, a triangle is a pretty normal shape you know.

If it said in the bible that a great science fiction writer would die the day the brightest event we've seen happened, then I would become a believer.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

the fruit of lips that confess his name.-Heb13.15

However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.-Rom4.5

Lord,Lord is, didn't we DO

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

I have no idea what any of that means.

And how was I removed for off topic posting but bible quotes was not? I sense moderator prejudice.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by No King but Jesus

I have no idea what any of that means.

And how was I removed for off topic posting but bible quotes was not? I sense moderator prejudice.

He's a preacher, he only posts in threads about christianity and always quotes bible verses.
He's proselytizing, that's all he does, he just uses ATS as the forum to do it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I am just asking you some questions the facts I shown are very fascinating to me, I already know the scripts are inspired I do not need a confirmation from anyone, go back a page look at top see my testimony before I had even begun to read any scripts but then find that very thing written

so if in Clarkes writings you know of no pyramid thing ok-I had just seen one of his book covers or pages? that showed pyramid stuff while looking at some sights with photo's of Mars man face and a few places showed a pyramid on forehead -just a question for my own knowing

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."-Gal5.14

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.-John15.18

Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.-John3.15

But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.-Prov8.36

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join