It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
when I was around 13ish I watched what I originally thought was a glowing(initially from moon or street light) white sheet getting bigger coming in from the south until he(looked very strong) landed on the roof ridge across the street and focusing in I saw what I think would be called a cherubim now(had wings) as he started walking very peculiarly I might add toward the east and when he got to the edge started to look down when suddenly turned his head towards me as if caught off gaurd and looked me directly in the eyes, I ducked under the window ledge terrified and when looked back up he was heading back the direction he came

then years later and one night I went to pick up a small green Gideons NT that an American woman from the Plains had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover I heard an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting to my left that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish- AWESTRUCK (i was not raised churched or knew any scripts) I stood to my feet turned to the voice and said yes Lord, and years later came across these-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.2Cor5.14

But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."-Eph5.13

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.-1Tim1.15

And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover. Place the cover on top of the ark and put in the ark the Testimony, which I will give you.-Ex25.18

For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west-Matt24.27

His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.-Matt28.3

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
The Bible and belief in God go back to when we first appeared.

The Bible goes back less than 3,000 years. Humans in their modern form have been around for about 200,000 years. So that's around 197,000 years without the Bible, maybe 196,000 without your god.

Most people who have ever lived have believed in gods other than YHWH/El/Allah - which in itself suggests that other gods are more likely to be real than Abrahamic god.

(The Christian's nightmare: they turn up at Heaven to find Thor standing by the Pearly Gates and Set checking the list for true believers and sending the infidels down to Hades ..... Oops! )

When you die you will have chalked up a whopping 30 to 40 yrs of experince pertaining to this existence.

I've already chalked up 44 years of experience pertaining to God's non existence

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

reply to post by WolfofWar

Save the pity for yourself you will need it.

I don't have one, I don't know, and neither do you. You think you do, but you do not know for certain. All I know is I exist.

Wrong wrong wrong. I don't have anything close to explanation and would never say that I do.
God most certainly does. Not you.

credit Chadwickas for the vid.
The only thing you've brought are someones half baked Ideas.
Get a grip war. You give me no contention that's what the real problem is here. You are so wrong you are laughable, beyond pity, do to arrogance K?
"you have the emotional maturity" what the hell?

It doesn't change it as a story. It changes it if you are saying it is in the infallible word of God. If God is making these errors then he is not infallible, and not God. If the copywriters are making these errors then Gods divine powers are not protecting his word from being written accurately. If the later is the case, then where does those errors stop? If somebody can write contradictions accidentally, then perhaps they can deliberately alter and manipulate it. That means the book is no longer the word of god, but the word of man.

It dosn't change anything for anybody except for you.
You need to think about that.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by randyvs]

You sir are a bigot or a troll.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"-John8.58

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.-1John15.45

I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.-Luke7.28

"A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more."
-Matt2.18

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.-Luke23.34

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.-John3.17

we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.-1Tim4.10

the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.-Rom8.21

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.-Rom1.20

"In that day I will respond," declares the LORD— "I will respond to the skies, and they will respond to the earth-Hos2.21

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

in your signature is that the Aurthur Clarke who perished the day he saw grb080319 in the constellation bootes where arcturus is? the brightest recorded event in earths history and only one available with the naked eye and which if you look at Pi of the Sky makes me think of silver surfer although I realize thats just the choppy video
www.science20.com...

theopenscroll.com...

Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.-Job9.9

We saw his star-Matt2.2

canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?-Job38.32

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.-Gen1.14

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ricky Gervais does a pretty good job at describing what sounds so crazy about the bible...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
The Atheist's Nightmare. Maybe you should go back and read the chronological events that brought us to your Gods remark.

I did not make a remark. I asked an ON TOPIC question to your post.

Connect the dots. Such a simple game that even kids can play. And do me a favor, read the posts "carefully" so that you can "understand" what took the conversation to the point in which it arrived. And then, try to "understand" the points made instead of latching onto one thing that you think will make your "argument" more sufficient, while ignoring everything else that makes the conversation whole.

Bye

Namaste and Love

So angry and hateful sounding. Such is the ATS Christian I suppose.

I simply asked you a question. I do not need to qualify how you got to where you were because of my question. If you cannot simply follow along and see where I simply asked a question to your weird statement, then I am doubtful any response would warrant reading anyway.

Oh, and don't try to placate my intelligence by saying that you agreed with everything that I said right up until I explained it.

Trust me, I would not try to "placate your intelligence" ever.

Speaking of reading along, I never said I agreed with "everything" you said up till any point. Details are key in understanding I guess.

If that were the case, you wouldn't have spent so much time trying to debunk my statements prior to the explanation itself. That's a sheer indication of either manipulation, or a schizophrenic personality. We otherwise call that trolling here on ATS.

I am not actually sure any of that ever happened but you in fact have me confused with someone else but hey...

I am going to try and get back on topic. Come join me.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I find it ironic that religious people simply cant fathom people doing good when they dont believe they'll be rewarded for it.

If heaven is full of people who suck up out of self interest and hell is full of those who are good for no reward, I guess even if I was wrong as an atheist I'm ok with it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Bible and belief in God go back to when we first appeared. They have always been with us. When you die you will have chalked up a whopping 30 to 40 yrs of experince pertaining to this existence.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa????????

Even the bible does not claim to have been around since we first appeared. Randy, can you make any sense of this thread at all? Answer real questions? Respond to people accidentally taking you seriously? Any of that?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My problem with the bible...
it's contents
/thread

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's odd to me. Christianity wasn't even the first religion. What was god doing while we were celebrating nature-aspects for every corner of our reality? Biding his time until we were grown up enough for him?

Even Jesus had precursors: there are literally dozens of examples of historical divinities that predate Jesus which share 23 of 24 or 25 markers. Osiris, Dionysus, etc.

I know good Christians, and I know bad ones who insist that god put dinosaur bones in the ground to trick humans into thinking he doesn't exist. The good Christians spend their time acting like Christ as much as possible. They give of themselves in their day to day, sharing food, shelter (yeah -- they invite whole families to live under their roof until those families can complete a relocation, find work, save money, rent their own place, and so on). The bad ones argue about things that have nothing to do with Christ, or even being a good person, like how many will die during the "tribulations", where their body will be during the rapture, and so on.

Worse yet, the bad Christians act as if Christ is the ONLY filter on their behavior. And still they lie, cheat and steel from others, claiming that they are flawed beings in the eyes of god, only human, and so on. I have never had sex with a prostitute while snorting meth of his ass, but Ted Haggard has, and I pretend no particular faith one way or another.

Being "good" and doing, for lack of a better term, "Christs work" doesn't require a belief in anything. All you have to do is "love your neighbor as you love yourself." Why is that so hard for a lot of Christians? Could it be that THEY themselves are the problem? Perhaps they are the fake Christians Jesus warned us of in Mathew?

"Stop judging others, less you be judged.

Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many.

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves.

By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?'

Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you."

The real problem with a lot of Christians is that they are not Christ-like. Remember the words of your savior. Share the good news, certainly, but if you find that no one listens, ,shake the dust off your boots and move on.

It's what Jesus demanded, right?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by PieKeeper

So what happens after we die?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

The same thing that happened before we were born.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

If you wish to ignore the evidence of obvious errors in the Bible, that's fine, but at least answer me this: If a book has a typo, in your own word, that was there since it's earliest writing, something you admit with your own volition, how can you be sure there were not other copy errors that are more significant? How can you be sure that everything in the book, even if it was scribed by god himself, was not warped or had "copy errors" that changed its message?

So the King of Judah was either 18 or he was 8. How does that have any bearing on what the story is trying to show you.

None and it's that way with all the big flaws you bring up. They really amount to nothing. Not even close to anything that would make me doubt what I know to be true. Yes I said know. Not believe.

Let me hear your explaination of existence if it sounds better than Gods.
Maybe I will come out of this thread believing you are God.
Isn't that what most atheists want? You think you have it all figured out.
Let me tell you. YOU wouldn't make a pimple on a nats ass.

The Bible and belief in God go back to when we first appeared. They have always been with us. When you die you will have chalked up a whopping 30 to 40 yrs of experince pertaining to this existence.

How arrogant can some one be, is summed up in the fact, you think, I should buy what you say. I'm sorry but you are hilarious.

In fact everyone of you make yourselves look like fools to anyone who can think for themselves.
Coilege hasn't been that good for any of you.
It has completely brainwashed evveryone of you . Why? Subdivisions.
The elites of this world know for a fact God exists.
They know they are his enemy. They are the wicked. Why? Because they decieve many. YOU!

It seems to me BP, would have at least been a clue for some of you!

I'm growing really bored with guys so cookies and noogies all around.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
That's enough...

Either on topic, or not at all... The members participating in this thread (or any other for that matter) are not the topic.

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Thanks.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join