It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistle blower to testify on oil spill worst fear:BP deliberately sinks oil with Corexit as cover up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

In a shocking interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on June 29th, Allegiance Capitol Corporation V.P. Fred McCallister said that BP is deliberately sinking oil with the toxic chemical disbursant Corexit, to hide the size of the oil spill. By sinking the oil before it can be collected, BP won’t have to pay fines on it.

McCallister said, “Everybody in Europe, where the standard practice is to raise the oil and collect it, is scratching their heads, and quite honestly laughing at what’s happening in the Gulf.” He added, “Everyone is looking at us and wondering why we’re allowing this to happen.”

McCallister is set to appear before a Senate investigative panel on Thursday and testify that BP’s only interests regarding the Deepwater Horizon spill is protectimg their own financial interests. His statements explained why BP has been refusing offers of help from additional foreign skimmers.
www.examiner.com

However.....

The Environmental Protection Agency said Wednesday that based on its initial toxicity tests, it is not recommending any changes right now to BP's use of the dispersant Corexit 9500 to break up oil in the Gulf of Mexico.

The EPA tested eight dispersants -- including Corexit -- and found that all of them had "roughly the same" impact on aquatic life. In the report, all of the dispersants were classified as "slightly toxic" to "practically non-toxic."

EPA researchers tested the dispersants on a small fish called the inland silverside and on a type of shrimp called the Gulf mysid, both common toxicity test subjects that are also native to the Gulf.

www.pbs.org...

Pretty sad

Even if corexit 9500 isn't that big of deal, which I doubt, they are still trying to keep the oil down by sinking it.

Obviously this can't be good.

And the EPA says No big deal?

Every govt. institution is completely useless.

Everything about this is disgusting, it's been two months now and nothing has been done except coast guards and BP keeping reporters out.

What a world we live in!

Here's a working link, for some reason I can't post it

Originally posted by TheDon

Originally posted by ThreeNF

Originally posted by sethhobrin
Link is broken in original post to examiner.

Yea, we need new linky

Here you go :-)

Whistle blower to testify on oil spill worst fear:BP deliberately sinks oil with Corexit as cover up

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ModernAcademia]

mod edit, fix link

[edit on Thu Jul 1 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This has been painfully obvious to anyone paying attention from the very first day that Corexit was employed. I am amazed that we need a "Whistleblower" and "Hearing" to draw this conclusion. Americans are truly stupid!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Let's just hope this guy actually makes it to the hearing...........before dying an "accidental death" or deciding to commit "suicide."

It does seem like the commitee will blow this off though, especially with the E.P.A maintaining that the dispersants are still safe.

It will be ten years or more before anyone actually admits this stuff is poisonous........if then. Its not just BP saying its safe, but the Federal Gov.

God help these people on the gulf. At least in Alaska in '89, there were very few people living where the oil washed up, and it was just the workers, for the most part getting sick. But that's far from the case in the gulf.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
This has been painfully obvious to anyone paying attention from the very first day that Corexit was employed. I am amazed that we need a "Whistleblower" and "Hearing" to draw this conclusion. Americans are truly stupid!

No Americans are not truly stupid! What would you have us do? Our government is out of control and even the most backward redneck here knows it. Should we riot like the Greeks(sarcasm)? We all see how well that turned out. Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
No Americans are not truly stupid! What would you have us do? Our government is out of control and even the most backward redneck here knows it. Should we riot like the Greeks(sarcasm)? We all see how well that turned out. Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes.
This must be one of the most ignorant posts here

If truly most americans and even the rednecks knew it, then yeah, you should gather up, walk to the white house, and throw them out. When the army/police says no, you take to your guns. You outnumber them 100000:1, so it should not be that hard.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by above]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Yea, we need new linky

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by above

Originally posted by ohioriver
This must be one of the most ignorant posts here

If truly most americans and even the rednecks knew it, then yeah, you should gather up, walk to the white house, and throw them out. When the army/police says no, you take to your guns. You outnumber them 100000:1, so it should not be that hard.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by above]

Too funny. The minute a crowd forms they would be outta there so fast. Who would we throw out? The housekeeping staff they would most likely leave to face the crowds? No. Americans are not stupid. Riots are not and have never been effective.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF

Yea, we need new linky

Here you go :-)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Hahaha...I can't help but agree...you've let this come way too far...You let BP do whatever they want, they push you around, and you all act like little girls...

...you tell them to stop spraying dispersants, but that doesn't alter their actions in the slightest...I can't help but sit here and laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation you've created for yourselves...in fact, I think it's deserved if you guys are so stupid to let them do this...

...but then again, it isn't just a problem you've created for yourself, it's a problem you'll create for the whole world if you don't get your *SNIP* in gear and accept help...this is getting silly now...grow some balls and tell BP how things are going to happen...they can't go on profiting whilst hiding the extent of the spill, when they should be working vigorously to fix it...stop them spraying that *SNIP* in the water, remove them completely from the site, and get a team of trustworthy people who know what they're doing to implement any one of the dozens of plans I've seen which would be more effective than this non-solution BP has going...

[edit on 1/7/10 by CHA0S]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by alien]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
AC360 Podcast from 29th.

edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/podcasts/ac360/site/2010/06/30/cooper.podcast.tuesday.cnn

Starts around 3:30 - 4:00 in. Should be the one.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

And the EPA says No big deal?

wait, when did the epa say it was 'no big deal'?

my understanding was they told bp to stop using it and bp told them to go bugger off because they have no jurisdiction that far out at sea, which is true. the Coast Guard is the only agency with any legal authority out there other than BP, and i dont think they dictate enviro. regulation. yes, they released a study recently downplaying the toxicity' but they have NOT said it;s "No Big Deal". Big difference, and the hyperbole does little to educate people.

when you go around blaming the 'Government" it might be best to understand the legal regulations at work. In this 'spill', the coast guard is the only government agency with any legal precedent to make decisions. if this was on land, the EPA would have some say.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes".

The reason things never change is because most still think they vote their elected officials in our out. They still are under the assumption that their tiny wallet can have impact on corporations that have a bottomless bank account of (monopoly fake tender) called the dollar.

Kerry- Skull and Bones
vs
Bush- Skull and Bones

It is a no brainer. As far as riot and taking by force you are SOL there as well. Why? Because you all would eventually turn on one another + you would still have the law-enforcement/ military SS to contend with as well.

Sit back and watch it burn itself out. This is what China is doing as I write this regarding the US collapse that is near. Lao-tzu and the Tao Te Ching.

To accomplish great things, do nothing. Fuse the dichotomies together in harmony...it all works out.

Powerful men are well advised not to use violence, For violence has a habit of returning; Thorns and weeds grow wherever an army goes, And lean years follow a great war. A general is well advised To achieve nothing more than his orders: Not to take advantage of his victory. Nor to glory, boast or pride himself; To do what is dictated by necessity, But not by choice. For even the strongest force will weaken with time, And then its violence will return, and kill it.

To reduce someone's influence, first expand it; To reduce someone's force, first increase it; To overthrow someone, first exalt them; To take from someone, first give to them. This is the subtlety by which the weak overcome the strong: Fish should not leave their depths, And swords should not leave their scabbards.

www.chinapage.com...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well you got to it before me. But on the EPA website there is a PDF of all the details of their toxicology reports. It tries to make Corexit look to be the one of the safer dispersant, which is ridiculous. Not to mention the amount of life on the seafloor. The ocean's seafloors are like our grass and all of that will be eliminated. This country is so goddamn broken.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by kozmo

Hahaha...I can't help but agree...you've let this come way too far...You let BP do whatever they want, they push you around, and you all act like little girls...you tell them to stop spraying dispersants, but that doesn't alter their actions in the slightest...I can't help but sit here and laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation you've created for yourselves...in fact, I think it's deserved if you guys are so stupid to let them do this...but then again, it isn't just a problem you've created for yourself, it's a problem you'll create for the whole world if you don't get your $#!7 in gear and accept help...this is getting silly now...grow some balls and tell BP how things are going to happen...they can't go on profiting whilst hiding the the extent of the spill, when they should be working vigorously to fix it...stop them spraying that $#!7 in the water, remove them completely from the site, and get a team of trustworthy people who know what they're doing to implement any one of the dozens of plans I've seen which are more effect than this non-solution BP has going...

And you think the average American poster on ATS can do this how? Again I remind everyone our government is totally out of control. Not even boycotting BP Stations will work. Do you honestly think if we called BP and told them to stop, they would? Complain to our Government? Will only get you standard form letter reply. Rioting won't work as they can just hop into their helicopter and fly away. The only way to get this under control will be pressure from foreign governments. None of them have stepped forward with any ultimatums though. Are they waiting for the oil to hit their shores before they smack Obama in the head? Cause he won't listen to the American People.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

i've read that pdf. They arent saying its benign. They're pointing out that based on their tests they've done, it appears to be breaking up in the gulf.

While i might disagree with their assessment, as have other watchdog groups, it looks foolish to put words in their mouth.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Are they waiting for the oil to hit their shores before they smack Obama in the head? Cause he won't listen to the American People.

I just ADORE how you people are trying to make this Obama's fault. Tell me, on what authority could the president stop BP from using corexit? Magical authority? even the EPA has no jurisdiction out there.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Didn't the EPA say that the air at ground zero was safe to breathe? Has that been debunked? And we are believing the EPA once again? Why?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

OK, fair enough point. But I still think, as a people, as Americans, you should have voiced yourself a long time ago...I don't live in America, so I can't honestly say, but it seems to me you aren't doing enough to stand up against them and let them know it has to stop...it's like they have you all on strings...it makes me wonder just what the hell they could do before you guys would actually get annoyed enough to care and take serious action...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

they can breath underwater?

second line

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join