It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistle blower to testify on oil spill worst fear:BP deliberately sinks oil with Corexit as cover up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

Originally posted by kozmo
This has been painfully obvious to anyone paying attention from the very first day that Corexit was employed. I am amazed that we need a "Whistleblower" and "Hearing" to draw this conclusion. Americans are truly stupid!

No Americans are not truly stupid! What would you have us do? Our government is out of control and even the most backward redneck here knows it. Should we riot like the Greeks(sarcasm)? We all see how well that turned out. Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes.

Dont you have something in the constitution that provide you guys with legislation against bad govt ???

[edit on 1-7-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
reply to post by ohioriver

fight back when voting ??? jesus, will you wait that long for getting angry about this crazy situation ? man man man, in Europe we already would have demolished some BP stations or some bank agencies ..... really, you are sheep up there in USA, you have weapons all over but you never revolt, we have no weapens but we do not like such situations and get in real revolt throwing stones etc ... all over the places : but we, we do revolt !!!! we are really surprised by your patience up there, wait a little longer and everything will be dead !!! courage !!

You have a point on the voting hoax. The mere thought of fixing govt through their voting process is beyond futile. It is THEY who own the Diebold voting mechanism. And yes there are volumes of people here in the US that won't do a thing. But if they made a movie about it, people would go watch it so they would have something to twitter about

But on the other side of the coin, there are volumes of people who are fed up with the system, but have no idea how to fix it. Let's face it, nobody wants to fire the first shot, and I can't blame them. How many would rise up to 'have your back' anyway?
What will trigger awakenings though, is how many people actually hear these whistleblowers and make the connections of years of deception. Public outcry is growing exponentially from the BP disaster, and a whistleblower admitting to the extent of BP and govt coverups would have a huge impact.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Well organized riots works well and have always been succesful - But what should remember, "there is no room for anarchy in any levels" - otherwise you just give cards to covernment to play against your cause.

You need leaders, plans, all kind of squad leaders - pyramid organization and peoples support for the cause. You need weapons, communications, helthcare, sanitation, counter investigations, diplomacy channels, support, money... A base to your activities.

But U.S. people are maybe just too lazy to do everything right. Learn from PAD and Thailand yellow shirts - they did change right.

But its "the tube" and your selfish needs what you should abandon first - Totally - and I think thats too much asked from greedy US folks - Or is it?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek
We as Americans are too lazy to do anything. [I'm American]. Instead we flock to the beaches to see the oil spill, not to help. We the Americans are looking for ways to make money from this tragedy. YES WE ARE. We want to sue anything and everything we can as an outcome to this. 20 Billion as a relief aid to the fishermen? NOPE. EVERY Fisherman who is working down their, works for BP now. Who was handed that 20 Billion? Not the people. The first oyster with oil was found 2 weeks ago by a high school kid. He sued the restaurant that served it to him, not even taking into account the oil in this oyster is there because of BP. We the Americans have not even put up a rally or a protest, and if we have. IT"S BEING CENSORED BY THE MEDIA as to keep the masses from joining in on the rally or protest. The most damning thing done so far is a woman who poured fake oil on herself when CEO of BP was being questioned by the house. IT"S BEEN PROVEN and I quote "A misjudgment of placing a single string casing; is what caused the rupture of GAS before the oil even started flowing, The blowing up of the rig was due to the misuse of the cementing mud-". Cementing Mud wasn't used when the GAS had already blown out the safety valve, so what they did was basically say "!@#$ IT".

I am an American and I don't see # from Americans. Far as I see it the person to help the most is Anderson Cooper... I also only see refugee's with BP uniforms on helping in the clean up. But that's all were hearing about. Is the clean up.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by SneakAPeek]

This is someone who actually understands imo.

Nice post.

America - The Land of Lawyers. sue sue sue sue.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

i have to agree. here in the UK there would be riots BP stations
would be destroyed all hell would break loose.

IF it does kick off in the US other countries will follow suit.
BUT as long as it's not in OUR back yard who cares.sad very sad.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Well organized riots works well and have always been succesful - But what should remember, "there is no room for anarchy in any levels" - otherwise you just give cards to covernment to play against your cause.

You need leaders, plans, all kind of squad leaders - pyramid organization and peoples support for the cause. You need weapons, communications, helthcare, sanitation, counter investigations, diplomacy channels, support, money... A base to your activities.

But U.S. people are maybe just too lazy to do everything right. Learn from PAD and Thailand yellow shirts - they did change right.

But its "the tube" and your selfish needs what you should abandon first - Totally - and I think thats too much asked from greedy US folks - Or is it?

I can agree in part. The biggest reason people won't do this is because there is not viable civilian infrastructure, and to organize such a conglomerate would land one on a fed hitlist somewhere. The last generation is really nothing but spoiled kids with an iPhone stuck to their head.
Psychologically speaking, most people are in sheer denial of actual world events. They've been programmed to idolize the mainstream, whether it be news or reality shows. And when many of them start to wake up, the fuze will be lit.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

i really believe what you say about this generation of people
are to programmed by all the crap on TV and believe what
the MSM tell them as truth.

they need to break free of this mass delusion and see the world
for what it really has become. true sheeple!!!!!.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Man this thread has degraded into nothing but ignorant rhetoric, insults towards the "lazy" Americans (most of which are struggling to keep their jobs and get by every month), and pointless words which will not bring about action. You "Americans" disgust me as an American. Some of us really work hard for a living while you want to climb on your high horse and call us lazy. You're no better than the people that caused this problem in the first place.

I'm done with this thread. It started out as a great topic, but as usual some troll comes by and starts an off-topic discussion and people get sucked into it (even I am guilty of getting sucked into it, and I'll gladly admit it).

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit

in Europe we already would have demolished some BP stations

That would be sad. You paint Europeans as not to bright and very violent.

The BP Stations are not even owned by BP. They are owned by local business people who have no part in this spill. Only a fool would "demolish" a BP Station.

We see the senseless riots over there where you destroy innocent peoples property and falsely claim you are fighting something. You don't even have the sense to know those shop windows you are breaking and random cars you are destroying are only hurting innocent people.

Of course rioters don't have to high of an intelligence quotient do they? Has rioting ever actually gotten you anywhere? No it has not, other than being a blip on the evening news to be disgusted at or to be laughed at.

Contrary to the exaggerations by liars and bigots, it's still pretty good over here and we have a system where we can vote out bad people and replace them peacefully. We don't need to torch some poor guys car and act like children.

***Note to other Europeans*** This is not directed at you. We all have our crosses to bear. Ours have names like PETA, ALF, ELF and Earth First. I do get a laugh out of the PETA Chicken in front of McDonalds we had here though. Gave McDonalds one their best days ever.
_________

On Topic-

BP just keeps looking worse and worse. At the very least, for the benefit of the shareholder, it should be a priority to purge BP's upper echelon and replace them.

If you look at the other oil companies there is no comparison. BP has been acting very badly for a long time. Approaching a thousand violations and many deaths while the other companies have almost clean records. BP should be broken up and restructured, while some of their current exec's do a little jail time. It's a shame Obama is punishing the companies who have been doing things right just so he can pass some phony legislation, but that is another topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
reply to post by OuttaTime

i really believe what you say about this generation of people
are to programmed by all the crap on TV and believe what
the MSM tell them as truth.

they need to break free of this mass delusion and see the world
for what it really has become. true sheeple!!!!!.

Absolutely! I've tried to break their mold (so to speak). Many just refuse to listen to reason, but when real problems jump up in their face, they are trained to look to their representatives for action, instead of doing something about it themselves. For years I would see the phrases all over the net 'write your congressman', 'sign our petition', 'email the white house'. It all gives Americans the illusion of being part of the solution, when a solution was never intended. It's a blatant pacification by MSM, since some journalist is 'finding truth'. That's why I hope this whistleblower can spill the beans in a big way, and wake people up.
We need this.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
sorry.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by NightGypsy]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
This has been painfully obvious to anyone paying attention from the very first day that Corexit was employed. I am amazed that we need a "Whistleblower" and "Hearing" to draw this conclusion. Americans are truly stupid!

No Americans are not truly stupid! What would you have us do? Our government is out of control and even the most backward redneck here knows it. Should we riot like the Greeks(sarcasm)? We all see how well that turned out. Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes.

who exactly do you vote for when both candidates are chosen by the same people?

hush puppy. sit down and eat your dollar menu and watch your american idol. all is well.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
From what i see (in US), my fellow citizens are generally a bunch of amoebas. It's like that everywhere i think, the problem here is, we have the best distraction machines in the world to keep the majority fenced in. So good in fact, you can have a guy like Cooper on CNN telling us how bad things are, and corrupt, and still, most are too busy generally being good little slaves to even think about this clearly. The great lullaby keeps us all in a dream. I'm really starting to think, the world really is turning into the MATRIX.

EDIT: not to offend my fellow citizens, i did say "generally", meaning most likely if you're on ATS you're already un-plugged. So don't tase me bro.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by elcapitano75]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No Americans are not truly stupid! What would you have us do? Our government is out of control and even the most backward redneck here knows it. Should we riot like the Greeks(sarcasm)? We all see how well that turned out.

" Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow. i can see them quivering in their oil soaked boots now. woooooh.

why would you even bother to vote. your elections and candidates are all rigged. and as for using your wallet, try hitting them with it because like most americans, your wallet is probably empty, except for the credit card.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

Dont you have something in the constitution that provide you guys with legislation against bad govt ???

Truthy-bird, yes we do have something in our Constitution to fight bad government, the 2nd Amendment. Frankly, I think most of us who know what's going on in this country would have no problem marching on Washington and forcefully taking our government back from the monsters who have ruined it.

Unfortunately, people in the U.S. today have learned how much easier it is to walk around in denial or ignore blatant facts hoping someone else is going to take care of it. We live in an era where we haven't really had our freedom threatened at any significant level, so we have become complacent. We let our guard down for too long and this is what results.

Personally, we should have taken over the government upon the realization that Kennedy's assassination was an inside job, but we didn't. Instead, we've still got idiots running around who still believe Oswald was the lone shooter. You see the mentality we're dealing with here?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by kosmicjack

I wish we could rewrite our election system. Have it based more like random selection jury duty. Serve 4 years in congress once in your life and no more. Would get rid of alot of the corruption. SIGH. I can dream.

We are paying them to be corrupt, then we give them a pension and free health care for life.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwi mountain man

" Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes."

Especially LOL the "fighting back through their wallets" part. I, personally, have yet to hear of anyone fighting back with his wallet in my neck of the woods. That could be because we have stopped carrying wallets since we have no money to put in them anymore.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by NightGypsy]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Uhh, dude, that is one freaky avatar.

My apologies, mods.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am what you could say ground zero. I live in a small town right on the coast about 50 miles away from Panama City, Florida.

Luckily the oil has not hit our shores yet but it's just a matter of time. We are setting up food pantry's, meals-on-wheels services, etc. We have also been deploying booms in a feeble attempt to block the oil. Most of us stuck in the brunt of it are going to be more worried about getting their next meal, feeding their children or having a place to live.

I am taking a proactive stance and have been volunteering with multiple agency's (hopefully I don't get leukemia in the process of cleaning up oil when it does get here). I've also been doing what I can to try to spread awareness about what is really happening. The mood around here is downright fear, our entire way of life is on the brink of being wiped out.

Most peoples homes are not worth what they owe from the real estate crash 2-3 years ago. Now we have this threatening to make our homes worthless. The majority of people are hardworking down to earth people just trying to eek out a living and make sure they have a home for their children and a place to live when they are to old to work any longer.

It seems to me this is just business as usual for most of the country either from ignorance, media black out or downright indifference.

Until this is affecting the masses the majority will be happy with their bread and circuses, munching Cheeto's and watching whatever the latest sitcom is.

Nothing major will happen until this starts to affect the rest of the country.

If this gets worse, if the relief wells fail, if the dispersant's and oil end up having a toxic effect[1] there will be mass migrations, the Gulf Coast may need to be abandoned for quite a long time.

It will be nothing compared to the thousands fleeing the dust bowl. Which was one of the facilitators of the Great Depression. This will cause the Greatest Depression America has ever known.

When fugees are pouring into the happy Cheeto munching community's in mass competing for already meager jobs and housing then something will happen, then the masses may get off the couch.

Let us all pray those relief well's work and the dispersant's are as benign as they say (scoff).

1. FEMA- Tampa Bay Evacuation Plans

[edit on 1-7-2010 by lucentenigma]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by truthy-bird

Truthy-bird, yes we do have something in our Constitution to fight bad government, the 2nd Amendment. Frankly, I think most of us who know what's going on in this country would have no problem marching on Washington and forcefully taking our government back from the monsters who have ruined it.

Unfortunately, people in the U.S. today have learned how much easier it is to walk around in denial or ignore blatant facts hoping someone else is going to take care of it. We live in an era where we haven't really had our freedom threatened at any significant level, so we have become complacent. We let our guard down for too long and this is what results.

Personally, we should have taken over the government upon the realization that Kennedy's assassination was an inside job, but we didn't. Instead, we've still got idiots running around who still believe Oswald was the lone shooter. You see the mentality we're dealing with here?

Amen.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join