It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistle blower to testify on oil spill worst fear:BP deliberately sinks oil with Corexit as cover up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I just found an article in scientific america about the EPA's findings of the toxicity levels in the dispersants like Corexit.

While it is not as toxic as oil, it doesn't make me feel any better.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Are they waiting for the oil to hit their shores before they smack Obama in the head? Cause he won't listen to the American People.

I just ADORE how you people are trying to make this Obama's fault. Tell me, on what authority could the president stop BP from using corexit? Magical authority? even the EPA has no jurisdiction out there.

Obama IS President. He has the authority to protect our shores. If legislation is needed for any new law all he has to do is get congress to pass it. This is Obama's fault. We have had many offers of help from other countries. All he has to do is ask congress to pass the relevant legislation to allow those countries to help. BP has been caught preventing the media from reporting. Obama can stop that. Obama can order the EPA to do their job. Once that oil touched Americas shores it became their jurisdiction. Its a cop out from Obama. If it was not in Americas jurisdiction just why would other countries have to ask for permission to help and be denied?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by ohioriver

OK, fair enough point. But I still think, as a people, as Americans, you should have voiced yourself a long time ago...I don't live in America, so I can't honestly say, but it seems to me you aren't doing enough to stand up against them and let them know it has to stop...it's like they have you all on strings...it makes me wonder just what the hell they could do before you guys would actually get annoyed enough to care and take serious action...

[edit on 1/7/10 by CHA0S]

You can't believe everything you hear or don't hear in the media. I can write a thousand letters to the gov. The only thing I get back is an automated standard form message. Our gov is so out of control it is scary. A lot of it has to do with the media just won't report things that are too unfavorable of Obama. Google crop damage from coreexit. Don't for a minute think that our southern farmers aren't screaming bloody murder.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

reply to post by darkelf

they can breath underwater?

second line

[edit on 1-7-2010 by justadood]

Ground zero refers to NYC 9/11 attack.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
This has been painfully obvious to anyone paying attention from the very first day that Corexit was employed. I am amazed that we need a "Whistleblower" and "Hearing" to draw this conclusion. Americans are truly stupid!

Eh, well you know how we love chemicals!! Meds, cleaners, food, whatever! If it's artificial, then we love it. We're more artificial than natural when you think about it, in pretty much every respect.... and no one cares or notices. In God we trust has become in mad scientists (and their pollution) we trust.

I don't understand how laymen can know that this Corexit is a horrible idea, yet it's allowed by people who should be geniuses, considering they run this damn country.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The reality is that BP is only doing this because they know they can.

The United States of America has been bought - lock, stock and barrel - by our corporate masters. Our "elected" officials are subsidized by them and do their bidding.

All of our laws and regulations and indeed our very lives mean nothing in the pursuit of profit.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I wish we could rewrite our election system. Have it based more like random selection jury duty. Serve 4 years in congress once in your life and no more. Would get rid of alot of the corruption. SIGH. I can dream.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I post this for anyone interested in a compilation of information about the ill effects of Corexit and the oil spill (not to promote or derail this topic but to prevent that and give a reference point). BP "Gulf Syndrome": Benzene and Corexit Poisoning

I think we're getting the idea of just how bad this is, and if more whistleblowers can please come forward maybe we can avert a horrible disaster from getting even worse.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
The reality is that BP is only doing this because they know they can.

The United States of America has been bought - lock, stock and barrel - by our corporate masters. Our "elected" officials are subsidized by them and do their bidding.

All of our laws and regulations and indeed our very lives mean nothing in the pursuit of profit.

Well said

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I just ADORE how you people are trying to make this Obama's fault. Tell me, on what authority could the president stop BP from using corexit? Magical authority? even the EPA has no jurisdiction out there.

Come on man
Obama has been talking tuff left and right when it comes to BP
but that's all that it is... talk and no walk

as per his BP masters Obama is telling coast guards not to allow reporters to cover the spill. Maybe they needed this time to sink the oil.

Everthing Obama says about BP is all a facade

Time to wake up man

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

OK, fair enough point. But I still think, as a people, as Americans, you should have voiced yourself a long time ago...I don't live in America, so I can't honestly say, but it seems to me you aren't doing enough to stand up against them and let them know it has to stop...it's like they have you all on strings...it makes me wonder just what the hell they could do before you guys would actually get annoyed enough to care and take serious action...

[edit on 1/7/10 by CHA0S]

"As an American" I can say that it seems that some of those from other countries think this is still a place where such can have an effect. Those who live here know better. And the even more intelligent know the only way that things will change is when this country is discarded like a worn rag.

"it's like they have you all on strings...it makes me wonder just what the hell they could do before you guys would actually get annoyed enough to care and take serious action...

Annoyed? most of us are furious yet realize that whatever resources we have to protest anything would dry up the moment "serious action" began so any serious action must be an end game type situation as we all will find ourselves being starved out if we fail.
You see when you live here you realize that "they" have all the resources tied up and the big guns to wipe us out en masse so do not expect any "uprising" until the gubment is nearly disintegrated and the finances in a wreck( I mean a real wreck not the smoke and mirrors of the last financial debacle) Only when our enemy has weakened from it's dissipative lifestyle will we have the chance to do anything beyond keep out of the way and stay alive and healthy until the moment comes. Until then what you suggest is merely an excuse to quickly do what the gulf leak will take a few years to do. kill us out right.
All you are suggesting is that we give the PTB a series of new Waco's and Ruby Ridges to gloat over while they carry on.

I truly mean NO offence when I say this. Some folks from other countries have a skewed view on "life in Amerika" and assume much more power to the populace than actually exists. We are birds in a gilded cage.We are enslaved to the dollar or starve and be a defacto criminal due to non-participation in the system.
We solve the problems of the rich by taxing the poor and our PTB work for whoever has the biggest dollar,which will never be the average citizen.
So when those from other countries scream at us to "take serious action" maybe they could outline what action they believe will be effective and how they would coordinate such without the immediate involvement of Homeland security.
To put perspective on the issue.
A couple teens I know were illegally target shooting on federal beach. within 4 hrs the FBI had detained them and held them for two days. They claimed the kids were spotted by satellite image.they were 2miles up a lonely stretch of beach with no others near. Given those type of capabilities how do you suggest we gather together without being immediately spotted out and defused,discredited or detained?
We are a technological behemoth and a large body of that tech is in place to thwart any thing suuch as you suggest.
So yeah, what will it take to see some serious action? a chance of success and not a sure ruination of ones life in a futile and desperate act.
I wish there were a way to tell these facts to all who think we as Americans are just too lazy to do anything. Not denying there is an inertia of stasis at this point but it is born of knowing that now is the time we must wait quietly and patiently for the moment our actions will be effective and not just a waste of resources and opportunity.
Peace and well wishes to all.
N.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

We all see how well that turned out. Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes.

But it's not like they care about that either. That's why I say,"The only thing they will understand is violence ." But that even would have to be
done accordingly. Just a silly uprising would be squashed outright. The police and military have to realise what the hell is really going on because they are the ones who are enabling them. A call must go out to men of good heart. Not only do we need to take back our country. We need to take back our world. Look at what they are doing to it.
These evil bastards should die because of this, period.

They're pig meat for hells demons.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This means nothing at all. The whistleblower will tell his story and nothing will change. We are all going to pay for this oil spill while BP can get away dang near scott free.

Gotta love my homeland, the Corporate states of America.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
[edit on 1-7-2010 by ohioriver]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
This has been painfully obvious to anyone paying attention from the very first day that Corexit was employed. I am amazed that we need a "Whistleblower" and "Hearing" to draw this conclusion. Americans are truly stupid!

I also want to know why I'm instantly marginalized as a crackpot when I bring these sorts of things up. I often wonder if I'm sick in the head or something, because I think there's something wrong if you *don't* start asking questions.

Oh, a big pile of money shifted around right before BP blew?

How can I be crazy for wanting to scrutinize crap like this..?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

Too funny. The minute a crowd forms they would be outta there so fast. Who would we throw out? The housekeeping staff they would most likely leave to face the crowds? No. Americans are not stupid. Riots are not and have never been effective.

Really, do you believe that?
I will point at history.

Here
and HERE

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So here's my thought:

It only makes sense.

BP's facing some seriously stiff fines no matter what, when all is said and done. Upwards to $4,000 per barrel in fines, I've read.

That's not chump change.

Why do corporate shenanigans wind up being such an effing shock when it comes to dodging bills??? Really? This surprises people WHY!?!?!

$Cheap dispersant + $less oil to be accounted for < $fines

*nosepick*; *drool*

A corporation protecting its bottom line???
*GASP*!!!
My, what an uncharacteristic thing of that sweet and cuddly corporation!

The more money they make or save is almost always in direct proportion to the degree of sleaze involved in the methods.

Edited for grammar and gave up lol

[edit on 1-7-2010 by guavas]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You have to wonder, just wonder what the breaking point for this country is to literally fight back against this growing tyranny. I'm not calling for violence at all, who the He!! wants that?!!! But there is a point when someone is trying to kill you and you must fight back, literally to survive. I can feel the tension in this country and everyone I talk to is almost in complete agreement regardless of their political/philosophical/religious beliefs that something MUST happen soon. When it does, it's not just the United States, it will be the entire world.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by ohioriver

Too funny. The minute a crowd forms they would be outta there so fast. Who would we throw out? The housekeeping staff they would most likely leave to face the crowds? No. Americans are not stupid. Riots are not and have never been effective.

Really, do you believe that?
I will point at history.

Here
and HERE

it's not that riots and/or large groups of people aren't effective, it's just that over time governments have found effective ways of making sure they aren't effective, one way or another

[edit on 7/1/2010 by indigothefish]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join