It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from an occult-loving Scientologist!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by absolutestatic

Welcome to ATS. You`ll fight right in to this diverse bunch. Enjoy your stay.

One man's fight is another man's improvised jazz solo. Let the music begin.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Welcome absolutestatic.

How do you use an e-meter?

IRM

Consider a man lying back at a psychologist's office, ranting and raving about his job, wife, dad, boss, and children. With an E-meter (or Clarity Meter, or GSR meter), you could call the list and determine which one(s) are the source of his emotional upheaval. Let's say "dad" read, meaning the needle fell when the word "dad" was called aloud. An auditor (or, as I call myself, a clearing practitioner) would then direct his client's attention to that area. "Tell me about your dad." After the client ran off the file (i.e. all the objections, problems, considerations, etc. connected to "dad"), it is common for things other than "dad" that appeared to be bothersome before no longer to bother him. This is because the other stimuli stressing him out--job, wife, boss, children--restimulated his daddy issues (e.g. responsibility, authority, etc.). This is a simple example, but demonstrative of the premise.

Psychologists recognize other cues, or may just jump from topic to topic until clients feel better. Having a meter objectively verifies that something is completely handled.

As for how to use an E-meter, I am not and never have been a fan of L. Ron Hubbard and his church, so I cannot tell you how they do it over there. As for me, when I started out I found some useful information from Hank Levin's website, in Geoffrey Filbert's “Excalibur Revisited,” and on some “Scientology Freezone” websites I found through Google searches. Experimenting and learning how to read a meter can amount to an enjoyable journey of self-discovery, if one does not get all religious and snooty about it.

J.F.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Hey there absolutestatic, and welcome to ATS ... I hope you enjoy the time you spend here ... however, as others have suggested it would be wise to take the strain and prepare to have some pertinent questions asked.

There are not many Scientology sympathizers on here ... but who knows ... you might be able to clear-up a few points about such matters

Another piece of advice I would offer for you to do with as you will ... maybe best not to lay all you cards on the table at once ... sometimes a little mystique makes getting to know someone more interesting.

Good Luck during your ATS experience.

Woody

Hello Woody,

Thank you for your kind welcome. It is good to be here.

I don't sympathize with scientology either. Confronting the unconscious flotsam and jetsam distorting my view of the present is simply one activity I have found to be worth doing. As far as not putting my cards on the table, I have all sorts of decks lying around if people want more cards!

Nah, but in all seriousness, I have no use for mystery and obfuscation, and no goal to be interesting. Oh yes, and I love questions...particularly if they are actual attempts to broaden one's understanding and not thinly-veiled strokes of personal vanity.

J.F.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

Welcome. A magician?! Excellent. I love magicians. Slight of hand, abracadabra...all that. Maybe you can tell us a few secrets. Welcome to ATS and I hope to read your threads later.

I have so far failed to pull a rabbit out of a hat, but if I succeed you will be the third person I tell. I can pour milk out of a newspaper though!
Flippant joviality aside though, I was of course referring to life outside of meat bodies.

J.F.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
welcome! I want to experience Sceintology. can you help me find out how to get in? I am in Ann Arbor MI. I want to see for myself whats going on. what do I need to do? PM me...

My few experiences with the Church of Scientology led me to suspect that you might be better off staying clear of them. Consider picking up a GSR meter. I bought a Clarity Meter from Hank Levin (they work), but I'm sure there a few other good ones out there. Also, check out Geoffrey Filbert's “Excalibur Revisited.” I'm on the west coast (quite a walk from you...LOL), and do not know anyone in your area.

J.F.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Welcome to ATS. You`ll fight right in to this diverse bunch. Enjoy your stay.

lol freudian slip.

Scientology is to easy to attack so i usually leave the ignorant wounded who end up there.... alone.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Hi and welcome!

I'm a former Scientologist myself and have quite an interest in sorcery (Carlos Casteneda etc.)

I'm curious, did you do OT alone or did you do the entire bridge up to it?

What do feel that you have gained from it and how do you feel it fits in with your previous training in spiritual matters?

Regards
MrVertigo

I ran the entire bridge through the OT levels, plus some other stuff in Filbert's book. Regarding my gains as they apply to my previous training in spiritual matters, five come to mind:

1) I am my own source now, now longer dependant on other sources to affect desired change.
2) I am now able to consider single events at a time, rather than grouping them together in search of one truth or explanation applicable to all.
3) I see the extent to which I was causing change myself, and misattributing it to outside forces.
4) I can recognize the exact substance and nature of "other" forces: thoughtforms, spirits, collective mockups, etc., including their actual origin and intention(s).
5) I became aware of how stuck I was on controlling other individuals' communication and experience, and now confront my own issues rather than pressure others to conform to my own considerations.

J.F.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well first of all you sound very interesting! Welcome to the forums and on any topic of your interest you will be sure to find opinions from across the spectrum here. I do not think Scientology and Dianetics are bad on their own, what's bad is the the cult/church ruining people's lives with extortion, and the bookstore/welcome centers scamming people out of their life savings.

I am interested in your dreaming, I would assume you are a lucid dreamer? I am confused on why it costed you money to advance the OT levels if you weren't involved in the church but had an individual teacher. Also can you explain in your own words the Scientology take on being "clear" and the claim that anyone "clear" is able to exit their body at will? Is it merely a mental exercise one is taught or can anyone at that level achieve a full blown astral projection?

What is your take on Buddhist philosophy? What about the afterlife? Is it a matter of will to keep one's spirit body intact, or is it simply eternal and indestructible?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by twentythreedom

sorry but you scientologists wind me the hell up. tell me.....

1 what is "processing"?
2 what is "OT7"?
3 what is an "e-meter"?
4 do you assume anyone reading your post would know the answers?

they are genuine enquiries, i would appreciate your rsponse very much. TIA..

I have found that when one person responds to another as representing a collective (e.g. “you scientologists”, “you white people”, “you conspiracy theorists”, “you Republicans”, etc.), they are not looking at the person whom they are addressing. Instead, they are reacting to previous situations, and projecting their unresolved issues on top of the person they are allegedly addressing. Whatever judgments you are harboring toward me because I referred to myself as a scientologist, perhaps you might consult a mirror and confront their source. In the meantime, perhaps some definitions will help unwind you?

1) Processing – “a systematic series of actions directed to some end” (dictionary.com). The “end” of scientology processing is the increase of ability and awareness alongside a correlative decrease in the unconscious distortion of perceptions and reactive emotionality.

2) OT7 - a group of prompts designed to bring about an increase in awareness and ability when correctly run. Levels are run in a pre-determined series, OT7 following previous levels that are run first.

3) An “e-meter” or “electropsychometer” measures changes in a body's electrical resistance (see “Clarity Meter” or “GSR meter”). It is basically a Wheatstone bridge used as a biofeedback device, indicating arousal of the autonomic nervous system's “flight or flight” response. The closer one gets to actual sources of a person's objections, problems, upsets, etc., the larger the objective read of autonomic arousal. I give more detail in an earlier response (scroll up if you are interested).

4) Alas, you make a good point. As with any specialized pursuit, specific terminology develops to save time when communicating to others in the field. Personally, I consider the resulting inaccessibility to be extremely counter-productive, so I encourage you (and everyone else) to ask if I fail to define a term. I, for one, remain a fan of Socrates’ contention that one must first define their terms if an ensuing discussion is to accomplish anything. But to answer your actual fourth question, I knew that most people would neither know nor care; the few people who could derive the most meaning from what I wrote would already know, or would have the wherewithal to look up unfamiliar terms online; and those with a slight to moderate interest my definitions and use of the terms in my post would ask for clarification.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I just wanted to tell you Welcome to ATS, and I for one, am glad you have found us. I am totally looking forward to reading your informative posts.

I had no idea there were scientologists unaffiliated with the church. That intrigues me in some way.. along with the details you have provided about your life.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Hi welcome...

So if you're not a scientologist church member does that mean that:

You realise it is based on a sci fi book,
Was created to earn money,
Are not dumbed down to the point of being a drone,
Did not spend lots of money getting to where you are,
Do not spend lots of money 'retaining your faith'?

I hope you can answer my questions and I hate to sound mean but scientologists have done so much bad to people I need to learn more about your side of it.

What exactly was based on a sci fi book and was created to earn money? If you are referring to the Church of Scientology and beliefs dictated to their membership, these have nothing to do with me. Perhaps to uncollapse the two, you might consider the potential variation in the motivation and quality of the original scientology research line of the 1950s and 1960s and the discordant construction of the church. If these are the same to you, perhaps the idea of Jesus as distinct from both Christian dogma and the Catholic Church is also shocking?

See, I practice scientology processing but am not affiliated with the church or their beliefs. I do not use their E-meters or their rundowns, and have read less than 100 pages of material published under Hubbard's name. (To be honest, from what I see, he got a lot wrong.) Of course, most of the literature on the internet about the Church of Scientology is right in line with your assessment, but I will not speak as an authority on something I have not experienced firsthand.

J.F.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by absolutestatic]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by MrVertigo

Yeah I understand which people are suffering due to scientology and the manipulation of people by the church is what I was trying to point out in my questions. I'll apologise for my blanket statement, check my post history I never post anything without a source but in this case I really, sincerely felt a source was not needed.

Watching that video reminds me of my brother-in-law's Catholic guilt training. LOL -- it's amazing what people are willing to do.

My favorite ex-church member story involves a man, one friend removed, who believed that cars secretly controlled the world. This man purportedly spent upwards of $700,000 on his bridge and devoted decades to Hubbard's church. He claimed that cars control our thoughts, dictating where they want to go, when, and how fast.

J.F.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
reply to post by and14263

I don't want to defend Scientology, far from it, but I do wish people would do a bit of research before making blanket statements like "scientologists have done so much bad to people".

Hi.

I appreciate Freezone Scientologists, but only when they accept fact and have not been completely brainwashed by the cult. I have had the pleasure of listening to several intelligent people who escaped the clutches of the evil poison dwarf and his henchmen.

I have read and researched a great deal about this oppressive cult. And I am well aware of their actions against individuals, states, charities and government organzations around the globe.
I am aware of their previous actions against members wishing to leave and people wishing to expose this "religion" for what it is. And I am also aware of how this intimidation, abuse and violence continues to this day against any person who has an opposing view.

After all of this time catching up on a cult I knew little about ten years ago, I can only say that yes, in fact they have done SO MUCH HARM not only to people within their machine, but to outsiders, to groups trying to help vulnerable people, and to government organizations... the list is almost endless.

They murder, imprison, torture and mentally scar innocent and often already vulnerable groups of people in order to gain complete control of their lives and to then systematically rob them blind of every peny they already own and whatever they can force them to borrow.

A perfect example of their dispicable methods can be found in their court case against a charity offering counseling and advice about cults to the public. They successfully shut the charity down, stole their identity, then continued to operate pretending to be that charity, while funelling those callers seeking advice into their own cult.

Again, I respect the true opinions of genuine Freezone Scientologists and I respect their right to believe whatever they like. But to see another person denying or even minimizing the catastrophic carnage this cult leaves in its wake in the lives of those it attacks and abuses makes me angry. And it makes me suspicious also.

I'm glad you don't defend Scientology. But, IMO, if you're not vehemently attacking it after a complete and thorough investigation there is something wrong with this picture.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hi Absolutestatic, Welcome

Have you read any of the documents from The Pilot, I thought they were pretty good and interesting.

www.freezoneamerica.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

absolutestatic you sound like a smart person with a lot of interesting learning experiences. I feel it is almost a shame you mentioned scientology and tainted peoples opinions. This is coming from someone who takes people for who they are and what they say/do, not for what they believe.

You seem well equipped to deal with the criticism though

[edit on 1/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

See, I practice scientology processing but am not affiliated with the church or their beliefs. I do not use their E-meters or their rundowns, and have read less than 100 pages of material published under Hubbard's name. (To be honest, from what I see, he got a lot wrong.) Of course, most of the literature on the internet about the Church of Scientology is right in line with your assessment, but I will not speak as an authority on something I have not experienced firsthand.

Thank you for your answer.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Greetings and welcome!

I'm glad you joined. I have been wanting to start a thread about something I came across on a Freezone website. I know you're not Freezone but thought you may still have some insight on it.

Orion Technology and Other Secret Projects

It deals with mind control, time travel, aliens, Philadelphia Experiment, Montauk, Project Rainbow, etc.

After reading that page I then noticed it was on a (Freezone) Scientology website. I may be missing something...I don't understand the connection between that page's info and Scientology.

My other question for you is since you've done OTs, do you believe in body thetans?
I understand you answered similar questions. I'm just trying to understand the difference between a church member and non church member. What are the fundamntal beliefs/understandings/ideas that the two share, and conversely what are the points they differ on?

I'll start that new thread shortly and put a link here.

Thanks again, in advance.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If you're interested, here's that link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm intrigued by your occult workings as well. I've been interested in the occult, magic, spirit work, etc. for a lifetime, but have had difficulties with getting in touch with "that part" of my deeper being (seeing/feeling/experiencing things beyond my visible/physical self/physical reality).

How/where does one begin? I know there's no simple answer, I just figured I'd ask.

Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutestatic

Originally posted by twentythreedom

sorry but you scientologists wind me the hell up. tell me.....

I have found that when one person responds to another as representing a collective (e.g. “you scientologists”, “you white people”, “you conspiracy theorists”, “you Republicans”, etc.), they are not looking at the person whom they are addressing. Instead, they are reacting to previous situations, and projecting their unresolved issues on top of the person they are allegedly addressing. Whatever judgments you are harboring toward me because I referred to myself as a scientologist, perhaps you might consult a mirror and confront their source. In the meantime, perhaps some definitions will help unwind you?

1) Processing – “a systematic series of actions directed to some end” (dictionary.com). The “end” of scientology processing is the increase of ability and awareness alongside a correlative decrease in the unconscious distortion of perceptions and reactive emotionality.

2) OT7 - a group of prompts designed to bring about an increase in awareness and ability when correctly run. Levels are run in a pre-determined series, OT7 following previous levels that are run first.

3) An “e-meter” or “electropsychometer” measures changes in a body's electrical resistance (see “Clarity Meter” or “GSR meter”). It is basically a Wheatstone bridge used as a biofeedback device, indicating arousal of the autonomic nervous system's “flight or flight” response. The closer one gets to actual sources of a person's objections, problems, upsets, etc., the larger the objective read of autonomic arousal. I give more detail in an earlier response (scroll up if you are interested).

4) Alas, you make a good point. As with any specialized pursuit, specific terminology develops to save time when communicating to others in the field. Personally, I consider the resulting inaccessibility to be extremely counter-productive, so I encourage you (and everyone else) to ask if I fail to define a term. I, for one, remain a fan of Socrates’ contention that one must first define their terms if an ensuing discussion is to accomplish anything. But to answer your actual fourth question, I knew that most people would neither know nor care; the few people who could derive the most meaning from what I wrote would already know, or would have the wherewithal to look up unfamiliar terms online; and those with a slight to moderate interest my definitions and use of the terms in my post would ask for clarification.

nice one. i should have phrased my post differently - i should've dropped the "you" - but i guess what got my back up is that i detect a slight arrogance in (some) scientologists (and plenty other people too..) that i felt reared its head in the assumption that most here will understand the sci lingo... i for one don't..

but thanks for replying, point taken, and hey now that the ice is broken, let's be friends! after all, scientologists are people too! (so i've been told, anyway..
)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavrac
Hi Absolutestatic, Welcome

Have you read any of the documents from The Pilot, I thought they were pretty good and interesting.

www.freezoneamerica.org...

I read that a number of years ago, and enjoyed it immensely. Have you read any of Ouran's "Ghost Danse" articles or Geoffrey Filbert's "Excalibur Revisted"?

J.F.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join