It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from an occult-loving Scientologist!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I am enthusiastic to have stumbled upon a site as entertaining and informative as it is unique, a feeling redoubled by the posting rules I read when signing up. (I particularly like the site’s emphasis on content rather than source, and the limitations on prosaic political banter.)

My own story is somewhat eclectic. After a childhood filled with music and electronics, I trained for several years under the tutelage of a German magician who taught me the ways of Western Occultism. I learned of invocation and banishment, of the four archaic elements and astrological tarot, of the Enochian system and the Qabalah (also spelled “Kabbalah” and “Cabalah”). Spirits became as real to me as cars and desks, and I learned to conjure and direct them to manipulate people and circumstances.

While I travelled this path, I read voraciously: holy books of various religious traditions, history, conspiracies galore, and several manuscripts I found on alternative sites online. One such manuscript, Excalibur Revisited, led me through a musician friend of mine to a meeting with its author, Geoffrey Filbert. Geoff practices Scientology processing apart from the church (which he does not think much of), using his own manuscript and technology. Geoff ran me through OT7, and taught me how to use an e-meter.

Presently, I am enjoying the show that is global politics. I am unaffiliated with any order or group, and prefer to remain so at this time. I joined ATS because such open discussion of topics damned in day-to-day chit chat looks like a good time.

Cheers,
J.F.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Freezone Sceintologist?

hmmm....Can you telll us more about Xenu ?

OT7 you say, how much did it cost you to get to that level?

Are you aware that en E-meter is a farce?

click this link and scroll to the "Embarassing E-Meter Facts " section...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutestatic

Welcome to ATS.
You seem like you'll fit right in with some members here.
I hope your stay is pleasant.

PEACE
Slay

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Scientologist eh? Don't say that too loud around here....

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS. You`ll fight right in to this diverse bunch. Enjoy your stay.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Welcome absolutestatic.

How do you use an e-meter?

IRM

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Hey there absolutestatic, and welcome to ATS ... I hope you enjoy the time you spend here ... however, as others have suggested it would be wise to take the strain and prepare to have some pertinent questions asked.

There are not many Scientology sympathizers on here ... but who knows ... you might be able to clear-up a few points about such matters

Another piece of advice I would offer for you to do with as you will ... maybe best not to lay all you cards on the table at once ... sometimes a little mystique makes getting to know someone more interesting.

Good Luck during your ATS experience.

Woody

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Welcome. A magician?! Excellent. I love magicians. Slight of hand, abracadabra...all that. Maybe you can tell us a few secrets. Welcome to ATS and I hope to read your threads later.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
welcome! I want to experience Sceintology. can you help me find out how to get in? I am in Ann Arbor MI. I want to see for myself whats going on. what do I need to do? PM me...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
"Freezone Scientologists" are the people who are not members of Scientology, just FYI.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hi and welcome!

I'm a former Scientologist myself and have quite an interest in sorcery (Carlos Casteneda etc.)

I'm curious, did you do OT alone or did you do the entire bridge up to it?

What do feel that you have gained from it and how do you feel it fits in with your previous training in spiritual matters?

Regards
MrVertigo

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutestatic
One such manuscript, Excalibur Revisited, led me through a musician friend of mine to a meeting with its author, Geoffrey Filbert. Geoff practices Scientology processing apart from the church (which he does not think much of), using his own manuscript and technology. Geoff ran me through OT7, and taught me how to use an e-meter.

nice to have you join us and welcome, sincerely..

sorry but you scientologists wind me the hell up. tell me.....

1 what is "processing"?
2 what is "OT7"?
3 what is an "e-meter"?
4 do you assume anyone reading your post would know the answers?

they are genuine enquiries, i would appreciate your rsponse very much. TIA..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
Freezone Sceintologist?

hmmm....Can you telll us more about Xenu ?

OT7 you say, how much did it cost you to get to that level?

Are you aware that en E-meter is a farce?

click this link and scroll to the "Embarassing E-Meter Facts " section...

As I understand it the E-meter is basically a simple form of lie detector.
Based in real science, but nothing groundbreaking.

They are certainly not bulletproof, I can attest to this personally

I read somewhere that Hubbard Actually stole the design from someone else who never got any credit. Here we go: en.wikipedia.org...

If someone should want to become a member of Scientology that should be really easy: just find a local center. Chances are they'll be offering free "personality" tests and whatnot.

I won't discourage anyone from checking it out themselves but do keep your wits about you and do some research first.
There's tons of stuff on Youtube with previous members speaking out. That's a pretty good place to start.

A better idea would probably be to make contact with a Freezone group. I would expect these can be found online but I can't really say how widespread they are.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hi welcome...

So if you're not a scientologist church member does that mean that:

You realise it is based on a sci fi book,
Was created to earn money,
Are not dumbed down to the point of being a drone,
Did not spend lots of money getting to where you are,
Do not spend lots of money 'retaining your faith'?

I hope you can answer my questions and I hate to sound mean but scientologists have done so much bad to people I need to learn more about your side of it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Scientology is not based on any specific sci fi book, although Hubbard was a prolific sci fi writer. Mainly it's based on Dianetics, which is a self help book.

Whether or not it was created to make money is really pure speculation.
It's certainly a plausible hypothesis, but so is "Hubbard was a megalomaniac" or "Hubbard was a delusional nutcase".

I don't want to defend Scientology, far from it, but I do wish people would do a bit of research before making blanket statements like "scientologists have done so much bad to people".

Approaching a Scientologist with antagonism will achieve absolutely nothing. Most likely they will just entrench themselves further in their beliefs.

Mainly, the people suffering are Scientologists. even the abusive ones are usually suffering. Here's a really good interview with an ex-scientologist that lays it out perfectly:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Yeah I understand which people are suffering due to scientology and the manipulation of people by the church is what I was trying to point out in my questions. I'll apologise for my blanket statement, check my post history I never post anything without a source but in this case I really, sincerely felt a source was not needed.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I like the second paragraph of your intro. Music , electronics , Kaballah , Invocation and banishment, spirit conjuring. So far excellent.

Not sure about the 3rd Paragraph . Seems a bit of a u-turn to me. Still I expect that you have a lot of views to share. As someone already mentioned, I am not sure you will find a lot of scientology fans here.

However , it is all about free debates .

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Some would consider me a “Freezone Scientologist” because I am not affiliated with the Church of Scientology, though I myself do not hang with that crowd. Regarding Xenu, I presume you are referring to the church’s account of ice cubes, hydrogen bomb blasts above volcanoes, and body thetans. As I am not—and have never been—a part of the Church of Scientology, I suggest that you speak with someone who is or has been. The OT3 incident that the church runs is classified inside the church, but (naturally) you can quite readily find it strewn about the internet.

Regarding how much I spent running Filbert’s bridge (grades + OT levels), I reckon it cost me around $28,000 spread across four years to complete it and learn how to use an e-meter myself. (Actually, I use a “Clarity Meter” that I bought over the internet from a guy named Hank Levin.)

Am I aware that “the e-meter is a farce”? To give you the benefit of the doubt, I think what you mean to say is that many people’s beliefs about e-meters are built on misconceptions, exaggerations of fact, and misrepresentations peddled to justify a belief system. GSR meters (GSR = galvanic skin response) are no more a farce in themselves than EKGs or thermometers; essentially a Wheatstone bridge invented by Samuel Hunter Christie in 1833, they have been around quite awhile, and do nothing else other than measure changes in electrical resistance. The movements of the needle have been attributed to increased sweat gland activity caused by the arousal of the autonomic nervous system, changes in neuron permeability correlating with the arousal of the autonomic nervous system, and actual electricity discharging through the body. I have no strong beliefs about this or Xenu to lay bare before you.

In the interest of scientific scrutiny, you may wish to look for yourself sometime, rather than quote others. However, in the meantime, I will happily respond to the section you quoted in your post about “Embarrassing E-Meter Facts” as it relates to my own experience:

Who invented it, marketed it, and registered varying versions of it does not determine its efficacy. That some people have faked reads undetected by the person supposed to be helping them no more disproves the utility of GSR meters than fooling a psychologist with false accounts of what didn't happen to you disproves psychology. As far as I am concerned, the point of a GSR meter is not to serve as some sort of Ouija board that tells clients what they secretly believe. Used properly, it is an adjunct to the practitioner, not a crystal ball leading the session.

Psychologists use verbal and body cues along with their training to determine where to direct a client's attention; an auditor (or, as I call myself, a clearing practitioner) uses an objective measurement of changes in a client's emotional state to more quickly ascertain what to focus on in session. If an individual has developed the ability to read slight changes in their clients’ emotional arousal (like Cal Lightman in “Lie to Me”… LOL), they would have no use for an E-meter. Despite what some in his personality cult may attest, this is not all about L. Ron Hubbard. In 1907, Carl Jung reported on his findings using a GSR Meter in "Journal of Abnormal Psychology" article.

There remains a difference between scientology and the Church of Scientology. What the Church of scientology charges for their meters (I do not know firsthand if they even work), where they are built, and actions that courts have taken against their devices and administration, is of no consequence to me.

J.F.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by absolutestatic]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you, Slay. It is nice to have checked into the Hotel California.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

I know, right? Bring forth the drumhead and the iron maiden!

I like your signature. It reminds me of Robert Anton Wilson's “As the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves”, neurological relativism, and Korzybski's General Semantics.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join