It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
all hell seems to be breaking loose after that big burp

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What is happening? The bottom left cam(ENTERPRISE) on this link: www.sanaracreations.fi...

it looks like it is moving all around and being rotated and lifted up and back down.....?!?!? is that the hurricane or are they moving it around?

Skandi ROV2 just went down. This one was looking terrible before they cut it!

[edit on 2-7-2010 by sethhobrin]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by sethhobrin]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The top cap is moving around like crazy at the moment. I haven't seen such extreme movement so far. Maybe they will have to abort for the time being. It has come very close to whacking the top of the BOP. If that happens.........

I've seen this on Enterprise ROV 1 feed. What is odd is that the feed from Skandi ROV 2 shows much less movement, as well as the oil being a different colour. Much redder. Hmmmmm.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
The top cap is moving around like crazy at the moment. I haven't seen such extreme movement so far. Maybe they will have to abort for the time being. It has come very close to whacking the top of the BOP. If that happens.........

I've seen this on Enterprise ROV 1 feed. What is odd is that the feed from Skandi ROV 2 shows much less movement, as well as the oil being a different colour. Much redder. Hmmmmm.

Thats because its from the other side. there is so much oil spilling out and its much brighter red you can't see the cap behind it. it is there and if you look carefully when you get a crack in the oil you can see it moving behind the oil.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I wonder why they just cut Skandi ROV2 just as things are really getting bad. That cam was showing out of control oil flow.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
VERY BAD VERY FAST ! WATCH NOW!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Wow Skandi 2 is going CRAZY

And back to normal again.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
OMG...It's a piledriver!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This thing is going to get ripped off!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sethhobrin

Thanks Stheobrin. That makes sense, must be the settings on the Skandi's cam that makes the colour so different. But the metal thing at the top of the Skandi ROV 2 view looks like part of the cap. It doesn't seem to move very much at all.

Meanwhile, Ocean Intervention III ROV 2 is having a good look around the BOP. It looks like the pipe at the top is bent in relation to the rest of the BOP.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
All the ROV sets have different cameras, which also means different quality in image and lighting. Which is the most accurate is hard to tell though.

Ocean III 1/2 isn't near the BOP at all, I don't know what they are looking at but it sure ain't the BOP

Might have to take that last statement back lol.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet
Ocean III 1/2 isn't near the BOP at all, I don't know what they are looking at but it sure ain't the BOP

Are you sure? It looks like the bottom of the BOP to me. The cam scanned up to look at the top part and I could see oil coming out. Thats when I noticed it looked bent.

Here's the BOP out of the water:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6daa23db9257.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's what Ocean Intervention III is looking at:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e567c54ce43.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Shows over folks. they turned of skandi and now enterprise.... they don't want us to see the claw get ripped off...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sethhobrin

I'm still getting Skandi ROV 2 on sanaracreations.

Enterprise ROV1 is definitely down though.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sethhobrin
Shows over folks. they turned of skandi and now enterprise.... they don't want us to see the claw get ripped off...

Skandi is still online ...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Quick question, what is that yellow box on Live feeds from Ocean Intervention III - ROV2? I just watched them turn the outlet swithes from 4 oclock to 6 oclock?

Thanks

EDIT OK now they have unplugged the outlet on the yellow box

[edit on 2/7/2010 by TheDon]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have a few simple questions relating to what we are now seeing:

Is the top cap designed to bounce about ?

Is it the sea currents moving it or increased oil pressure ?

What are the tolerances involved and how close to breaching these tolerances is the cap ?

I think unless we know the answer to these questions we can only speculate. Do BP release situation updates etc ?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDon
Quick question, what is that yellow box on Live feeds from Ocean Intervention III - ROV2? I just watched them turn the outlet swithes from 4 oclock to 6 oclock?

Thanks

EDIT OK now they have unplugged the outlet on the yellow box

[edit on 2/7/2010 by TheDon]

I think the yellow box is a pressure reducing unit, perhaps used for the dispersant lines.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Enterprise ROV 1 is back up and running now.

Enterprise ROV 1 Direct Link

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Qustion - If the top hat is that thing on the top with the weird triangle 'fins' sticking out on the sides MIGHT it have a mechanism whereby it moves and sways on purpose to alleviate tension or take the flack when the sea is disturbed (like in a storm) kinda thing? Is that a possibility? If not, I'm REALLy concerned by the movement!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join