It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Ok, sounds like thats the plan. (ROV's jostling for position again as I type).

With all this wire brushing to remove the paint, I was wondering why the heck BP doesn't have some secret formula boots n coots acme paint stripper uber poison they can just spray on....

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Qumulys]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Funny you would say that as one of the more toxic gasses coming up is Dichloromethane/ methylene chloride which is the primary ingredient in paint strippers.It is the chemical that causes the paint to wrinkle up.
N.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
After a break from wire brushing, Intervention took a look at underside of the top hat, possibly inspecting what looked like a broken pipe mount..?? Hope someone took screenies.

Now, as I thought would happen earlier, they look to be removing the rubber o-ring seal. Yup, its been pulled free at 10:59:48AM

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

Lol, ya learn something everyday!

I must say though, the operater of intervention has done a good job with that drill and brush.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Perversley hilarious! Thanks
Edited to say - referring to the speeded up film of caught lead.

BUt I am certainly NOT laughing over this whole fiasco...
You guys are doing a teriffic job with all this up to date info. Thanks again.

5senses

[edit on 2-7-2010 by 5senses]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Just caught this a few mins ago.

Anyone see the babies face on the top hat?

Calling this one "BabyOil".

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hmmm, I've lost all the intersting feeds.
No skandi, enterprise of intervention. Does anyone still have them working?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

Lol, I noticed the same thing.

But, I saw the bottom pipe looking like the face on a giant tree, with the triangle nose.

The face further up looks like a small tiger

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Yep, I checked a few other sites, the ROV's near the BOP or suddenly down. Frack! Go for a cup of coffee and they turn the darn things off. Can I ask what was happening right before they pulled the plug?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Read from page 23 onwards and you'll get the picture.

Pardon the pun.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

You mean this?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Edit - in resonse to 'Baby oil'!

Ok...this has totally made me laugh out loud! Fantastic! Still laughing...just inspered! REALLY needed something like that right about now. It's all just too much to take on board so a little light relief now and then is a must. Thanks! Star for you!

[edit on 2-7-2010 by 5senses]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled

Just caught this a few mins ago.

Anyone see the babies face on the top hat?

Calling this one "BabyOil".

I saw the face too!

I immediately thought of Easter Island but couldnt get a capture, then the cams went down.

these ones even got top-hats on them

Easter Island Pic

edit- oh I didnt see the face on the top hat, I meant with the whole rig lol

[edit on 2-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathTribble

Sure
I have been blogging whats been happening for the last few hours over the last few pages, but to recap.

Tophat is violently bashing up and down, so when work began it seemed an odd time to work. Intervention grabbed a drill, fitted with a wire brush and has been sanding off the paint in the area of the BOP below the top hat, along a flange just above the ring of bolts.
A top the ring of bulk head bolts was a large rubber o-ring, which kept getting in the way of the sanding process. The Intervention operator eventually ripped it off, first trying with one arm, but in the end needing both arms to free it.
To keep things tidy down there, Interventions operator decended to a lower shelf, and carefully put the rubber ring down there away.
After some long checking of the sanded areas, and much jostling of the other rovs, intervention left to grab presumably the next tool.

Whether they plan to weld brackets on to tie down the hat better is not known as yet. Possibly they are preparing to cut the entire top bop off, and have cleaned the area to prevent paint clogging. Possibly welding to come???

Thats about it, then the feed went dead.

Hope that gets you up to date buddy

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here's what I saw. Sorry, very rough, I aint no artist

(did the pic above show up?? not sure if I did it right)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Good Job - shows up perfectly. Seems like the volume of oil/gas has increased since yesterday. What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Isn't it funny when you start to see things cus you have been looking at the same thing for soo long?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

LOL, indeed it is! I've been watching since 11pm ish, now its 3:18AM... :O

Feed came up momentarily for me, Intervention carried over two types off clamps/spanners perhaps? It fitted one clamp over the bulk head type types, then decended presumably for the second one. Feed then went dead again

Perhaps they will use these as tool mounts somehow? Surely they wont be undoing all the bolts?? Maybe thats why the rubber ring was removed? I think maybe I'm delerious from lack of sleep, might head to bed now.

Keep thread updated everyone, its really interesting to see this unfold. Best thing (in a bad way) I've watched in months of tv

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just sore one of the suv subs put two small yellow boxes on the main pipe out let. then all the cameras went dead? any one else see that? they put one on the bolts. but I can see no use for it?
Bombs to blow it up?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Yilkes! I hope no bombs! Worst and most impossible 'solution' ever considered. Too much hubris from tptb if they go for explosives...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join