It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

It does look like the entire wellhead is dancing.
I can't tell if it is an illusion due to the motion of the ROV in the current or if the BOP is getting closer to becoming a "B"roken "O"ff "P"ipe!

Could the wave action from the storm really affect the currents a mile deep?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
@jessieg, I have wondered why they haven't employed something of this nature since the beginning. Certainly you wouldn't use a Foley, but something similar.
A foley can be used to stop an arterial bleed.
Maybe this is just to simple for the high minded.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

so many things make one think they don't want it to be stopped.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

I really think the whole thing is moving. If you look at the stationary tube going into the oil, you can see the view of what you can see behind it (of the wellhead) change.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
reply to post by Zeptepi

I really think the whole thing is moving. If you look at the stationary tube going into the oil, you can see the view of what you can see behind it (of the wellhead) change.

Its not stationary, its connected to the ROV. Look at the cam on the bottom left here - www.sanaracreations.fi... that cam is stationary and you can see the well head is not moving.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Oh crying out loud, you're right. I was 99% sure it was moving and it's just an optical illusion. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

I see that comparative motion too.

We all know that flow rate of the abrasive will erode the supporting pipe below the BOP.

I pray that the race to get the pressure off that pipe is won before the inevitable break!

It's not going to fix itself! And it's getting worse with all that motion.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

The top hat is dancing all over the place, CLEARLY moving relative to the BOP.. The BOP angle is swaying, relative to, well anything else on the screens..

The movement is no illusion, and not solely caused by rover drift. The rovers can be extremely stationary with constant corrective thrusts, and they are being kept level. The bop and the top hat are not entirely stable and is definitely tilted.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm assuming all this movement is due to rough waters that the tanker it's connected to is in...possible?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Please remember folks that these ROVs are connected to over 5000ft of cable and hydraulic plumbing. This all attached to a ship which is using dynamic positioning. The fact that the top hat is only moving up and down by a few inches is quite something in my opinion. Look at the technologies keeping it in place.

Dynamic Positioning Reference.

ROV Operation Reference.

Right now there are 20-25knot surface winds (forecast to decrease) which can cause a decent size swell to form. The relative movement at the seafloor is quite low considering.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
There has been some mention of whether or not the workers sometimes seen on the cameras when they pull the ROV's back on the boat are wearing gas masks or not.

I just though I'd mention that out of all the workers I've seen (and I've seen a good number of head shots, some pretty clearly too), I haven't seen even one of them wearing a gas mask. I would think that if they were truly needed, they would be wearing them; they wouldn't risk getting sick or even dying if they thought there was a danger.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by bdw18_123]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Real men don't need gas masks, just like seat belts or helmets

It's a good point however, but again just look at 9/11 and the 'safe' enviroment.

But sometimes you need to sacrifice human beings for greater causes, it's just never the people behind it in the first place.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
is it just me or is the live feed showing the BOP being bashed to death by the top hat device.

it looks like it is being affected by the surface conditions and is bouncing up and down on the BOP

very distructive, bits falling off

i dont know what the top hat weighs but you can see the impact have an effect on the bop, making it wobble and shake. if my memory serves me right, the bop weighs 450 ton. that means the weight of the top hat must be similar and that is a whole lot of energy being created by the impact. that will be having an effect similar to a jack hammer, only the energy will be dispersed down the pipe, efectivly making it the impact shaft of the jack hammer, this will in turn be released where there is a failing in the shaft. straight to the weekest link in the chain. if they do not stop this action immediatly, the bop is likely to fracture from the sea floor and topple over.

this is entering its final stages

[edit on 1-7-2010 by kiwi mountain man]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
the BOP is starting to look like failing.

is any one else seeing this ?????

its not going to last much longer, maybe only minutes !!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
now that the heart has slowed a little, ive caught up on the thread and see im not imagining things. how long can the bop last with this going on.

why havnt b.p raised the top hat. they are trying to agrivate the problem, not solve it. they are murderers. why are they being left to kill the planet.

i live about as far away from it all as geographically possible, and it still scares the crap outta me. you poor poor people who live anywhere near it...... i mean the northern hemisphere....

good luck all.. when this sucker goes there might not be time for goodbyes. what have they done ????

another world changing event, managed for the purposes of population control, as scripted by the alluminati

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Looks like there trying to put the top hat back on from what
i can see or the fins that were on the top hat before you can
see them now.

Also the whole pipe/BOP is moving from side to side and this
is not an illusion as there is a dispersant pipe that is stationary
as opposed to the well.

cant be good.and the flow does seem worse now than ever.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

It's getting worse, the movement of the bop (skandy rov2) compared to the dispersant's pipe.

This is not good for the entire well.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Nidwin]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The flow has clearly strengthened compared to yesterday. Now is this due to more oil coming out, or diminished pumping capacity we cannot know - the fact is more oil leaks outside the tophat and the tophat is dancing around due to the "oil bed" it sits on.

Does not look good, and would hope to get some update on the situation from BP

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Never mind well cam's finally loaded

M.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Moshpet]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

I would say quite the opposite.

They DO want to stop it. Think about it. The more oil seeping into the sea is lost $$$.
For every $1,000,000 at least $3,000,000 is going into the sea it seems. That's lost revenue.

Trust me, BP wants the flow to stop MORE than anyone else. There are a lot of American shareholders (amongst others) who will be missing out on their investment.

I am getting a bit sick of people on here saying BP WANT this to happen. Erm, go back to school and learn some economics will you?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join