It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

I assume that pipe will be used to pump the cement and mud and whatever else they have, into the "relief" wells. Personally I think this is the worst idea they came up with. I am no scientist, but how can this cement solidify in a sea of oil? How can it even stay in one mass with this oil in this field constantly moving? They already allegedly tried this before the rig exploded and failed. So I don't know what makes them think it will work this time. I can imagine the cement getting caught in the well cap and really screwing things up. They already have that 150,000 pound (75 ton) cap on that well. The cement will add to the weight and might make things significantly worse. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I always thought before the new cap that once they do then we will see the same gusher but then it would include cement as well as oil.
Now maybe, maybe, if the cement gets forced to the top in high quantities and pressures it could actually set from the top downwards. Maybe.
That then brings about new potential problems like the one you pointed out, will the extra weight be too much for the already leaning structure?
Plus if theres leaks further down, will the cement just flow out or will it set enough to block them?
Think youre right, we'll just have to wait and see

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I detect, 6 maybe 7 leaks now from the flange on BOA DEEP C 1...not to mention they are a lot more frequent and seem to be getting worse as the hours/days go on.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Check out the bubble storm on boa 2!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They just shut down both boa cams because there was something major going on....I called it a "bubble storm" because it was thousands of bubble coming in big waves......it got reallty wild, then suddenly the cam turned off....they shut down the BOP cam just before that.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Check out the bubble storm on boa 2!

I don't know what those are. Not even sure if they are bubbles. But we just had some clear bubble action on BOA DEEP C 1. Even the camera panned around. Though didn't do a good job of it.

EDIT: refresh page..both still working for me.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

OK I got it now....what is going on? It looks pretty turbulent....did you see the white clouds? Then it went back to bubbles or whatever it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I know you asked dragon fire but I can also confirm that I saw a very white cloud of something-or-other at around that time. Can't say definitively what it was though.

Mike

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The clear bubbles are increasing on BOA DEEP C 1...not sure where they are coming from. Might be from the ROV, but if so could mean a leak in its hydrolics?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

I know you asked dragon fire but I can also confirm that I saw a very white cloud of something-or-other at around that time. Can't say definitively what it was though.

Mike

It started as a big flurry of what looked like bubbles and was like that for a while, then blew uo into that huge white cloud....did you see it at the moment it changed? Or was the cloud already there when you went there? It has been this way since early this morning....a very active day down there.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
The clear bubbles are increasing on BOA DEEP C 1...not sure where they are coming from. Might be from the ROV, but if so could mean a leak in its hydrolics?

I don't know, but that's why I was calling it a bubble storm LOL....at one point right before the white clouds there were thousands rushing by very fast....there was some force behind it. I don't think the white cloud was from the rov because it wasn't from the sides, it just erupted and filled the whole screen billowing upwards. It lasted a long time too.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I saw the white cloud suddenly erupt. It looked quite dramatic but I'm very reluctant to read too much into it. Right now I think it's best to just state what we see but be cautious about interpreting its meaning. (I'm referring specifically to things like white clouds and other phenomena that could have several causes and hence be either benign or perhaps rather worrying.)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

I don't know, but that's why I was calling it a bubble storm LOL....at one point right before the white clouds there were thousands rushing by very fast....there was some force behind it. I don't think the white cloud was from the rov because it wasn't from the sides, it just erupted and filled the whole screen billowing upwards. It lasted a long time too.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

I was referring to the ROV focused on the leaking oil bubbles from the flange. If you watch it, you will see streams of clear bubbles fly around every 30 seconds or so.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes...I noticed that some of them are larger too.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The larger bubbles are coming from below the flange....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Why is it saying "Log Alarm" in red letters over the BOP cam??

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was wondering as well but its gone now.

Is there any official plan of action for the bubbles or are they just waiting till the relief wells 'definetely work' therefore all problems over?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Possibly a leak in the hydraulics. It's very hard to say unless we can get info on exactly what they use in the hydraulic lines. If it's hydraulic fluid then it'd probably have color and seem rather "oily" in the way it rises, whereas air would just look like bubbles.

Other possibility: what if it's gas leaking from lower on the BOP somewhere? Not methane (as it would be hydrates rather than gas) but perhaps hydrogen sulphide?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I missed the "log alarm" myself. I guess it happened while was watching BOA ROV 1. However, I think that if it showed "log alarm" it was just a system warning that there was a temporary failure in the auto-logging of the feed. In other words, if it stops auto-recording then it's not "logging" the feed data, so it would likely mean that the auto-recording setup had a glitch.

[edit on 25/7/10 by JustMike]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

I saw the white cloud suddenly erupt. It looked quite dramatic but I'm very reluctant to read too much into it. Right now I think it's best to just state what we see but be cautious about interpreting its meaning. (I'm referring specifically to things like white clouds and other phenomena that could have several causes and hence be either benign or perhaps rather worrying.)

You're right. I am just nervous because I'm so close to it I guess.

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join