It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iamfascinated

I have been trying to figure that out all day...and I am at a loss...I would think it was the ROV but I really cannot say. Not enough stuff to make a point of reference.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
One question that I asked _? many days ago is if anyone had a complete image of the system from the BOP up. No reply that I saw. So, how can we even tell what we're seeing in these isolated live shots? I went through the first 20 pgs of this thread looking for still images, but didn't find much. Is there a good site for still images or would we have to watch videos? I could go back through some more of the pages here but not all 100. Anybody want to help? I would take a look at a video or two if I knew which ones would be the most productive. Even just enough overlap to identify and paste together a composite would do.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Dragonfire you need to go open a bottle of don perigon and make it an expensive one........You have been relentless.........as many others have as well....I keep checking for updats every few hours........thanks.....

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

To be honest I have no idea. I cam in when the thread was at 1800 replies. I have added images from what I have been able to find since I really started paying attention to the feeds. I recently moved so I got into the thick of things quite a bit later than most of you have. Feel free to browse my image page though:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
alexanders blog has the reference for finding the ROV locations based off the BOP, they could have change that to reference anything so no one can follow

I can not get the map locator to work right now?

I don't have any stills of the entire BOP or a really good view, The viewing range of the ROV is 25 feet so trying to get the entire BOP into a pic may be a problem I think there roughly 45 feet in length, that and were at the mercy of the operator

There also seems to be some number's of difference when there referencing where exactly the BOP are located as there in expressed in differnt formats
By the purposal of block 252 is 3 miles x 3 miles, the references given is based off the shore so 40 and 50 miles? which is incorrect for the purposal if referencing the same point of the shore

www.scribd.com...

In the purposal they list the wells around 4000 feet apart
1" inch equals 2000 ft
page 11 of the purposal the wells look about 2 inches apart.

There usally pretty pictular where one drills so engineering remains constant, I would think that these parameters are more absolute

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It seems like if this thing is swaying, then more bubbles come out of the flange on BOA DEEP C 2. Just an observation though still cannot tell whats moving with no reference point.

EDIT: That well is definitely leaning...I don't even know if the ROVs can fly at an angle...would be nice for some input on what they can or cannot do to that regards.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
And a plume just erupted around BOA DEEP C 1...its stationary so no propellers.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

i recall seeing the images you are speaking of around the date and time of the last capping.

That is what you are referring to, yes?

i could go back and look, but that's a start, at least.

i know, its a looooong thread. but its a good one.

brew some coffee...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Probably just another stupid question, but of the dispersant was supposed to make the oil sink, why isn't that entire area of the Gulf completely covered in a DEEP oil layer?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamfascinated
so is the bop leaning or is it the rov?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ad1366e6132.jpg[/atsimg]

How can anyone know anything when they arent reporting or giving any clues any more.

IT sure looks to be leaning??

and the total lack of official response is the fishiest part.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rich Z
Probably just another stupid question, but of the dispersant was supposed to make the oil sink, why isn't that entire area of the Gulf completely covered in a DEEP oil layer?

Well here is the thing...the sand is a grey/white color...before the cap was on when the ROVs sprayed up the seafloor with propellers it would be that color...now when they do its as brown as the stuff that was coming out of the well. Also, most of the dispersant was used further from the well. They used it on the oil that was at risk for going into the Gulf stream and to shorelines. Now I am not an expert, but in my opinion that would make it easier to go into the stream. But only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rich Z

My basic understanding is it doesnt just 'make it sink', but it keeps it under the surface, and may very well be the reason for the massive plumes referred to a few posts or pages back.

It changes the buoyancy, may be a better way to look at it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
i see no reason for them to "lean" the rov unless they are toying with us..i dont know

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
i see no reason for them to "lean" the rov unless they are toying with us..i dont know

Well I don't even know if they can be flown that way...i mean the current will move them some depending on where they are sitting or anchored with their arms. So it really is very hard to tell which is which. Since they obviously don't care about the quality of the feeds, and they see the same things we do in their "alleged" command center, its hard to tell. Especially with no stationary reference point.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
More eruptions of something on BOA DEEP C 1...still stationary.

EDIT: and of course they turn off some of the lights on the ROV

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
looked like quite a storm going on down there, debris flying everywhere. dont know if that was caused by the passing rov or not. but definately saw bursts from the sea floor.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I posted an article yesterday where it says it is leaning at a 10 degree angle (at the time it was written),I think it is more than that now..... They are concerned it will fall over before the relief wells are in.......so I think it is swaying. I watched it for quite a while yeaterday, and it's swaying IMO.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
HUGE eruption on boa rov1.....cloud is jet black

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I was watching most of yesterday but on a diffenrent computer so wasnt signed in here, the pipe with bubbles on BOA deep C was swaying and shaking, quite voilently at times, anyone any idea how its been the last 12 hours since no cams are on it now?

By the way, anyone got a link for the feeds page thats sancreations.com or something? Watching on morpheas now which is good but prefer not havin to scrollo up and down cause im lazy

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
By the way, anyone got a link for the feeds page thats sancreations.com or something? Watching on morpheas now which is good but prefer not havin to scrollo up and down cause im lazy

Sure, no problem.

Here's the link to the sanara creations BP feeds page

Best regards,

Mike

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join