It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks....I was just wondering what it meant because I had not seen it before

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Id be nervous being so close as well.

Whats the atmosphere like? if it was round here it would be hysteria.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Whats the atmosphere like? if it was round here it would be hysteria.

Edit - No idea why this has came up twice...

[edit on 25/7/10 by niblo]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I can't blame you for being nervous.

Even though I'm a long way from where you are, one of the things I try to keep in mind is that this is all very real and affects real people like you. That's another reason I try to be cautious in what I say. There's enough hysterical stuff being said on the web already and some of it is downright thoughtless and not at all helpful.

Some of those people seem to think this is some kind of game. You help to remind us that it's far from being that.

Blessings to you and yours,

Mike

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo

Whats the atmosphere like? if it was round here it would be hysteria. [/quote

Actually, it's just life as usual in New Orleans.....but people are worried. It's all people talk about, but no panic or anything. We are kind of laid back here LOL, but yeah....I admit I'm a little scared. I guess that's why I might seem to over react sometimes LOL!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We have a huge BP refinery in the town, emergency sirens went off a few weeks back and evedryone went nuts, its great you can all get on with your lives. Really bad that its got to the point where we even need to have these conversations. Anyway well done and best of luck, Im sure everything will be fine but I dont blame you for worrying either.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thankyou Mike......and yes, I have read all the doomsday things on the web and I had to stop because I couldn't sleep. Thankyou for being so considerate and not "feeding the panic" LOL...it's scary enough without all the doomsday talk right?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

We have a huge BP refinery in the town, emergency sirens went off a few weeks back and evedryone went nuts, its great you can all get on with your lives. Really bad that its got to the point where we even need to have these conversations. Anyway well done and best of luck, Im sure everything will be fine but I dont blame you for worrying either.

People are worried, but it's like ...what can you really DO, you know? You have a life, you have to go to work etc. So you just go on and hope for the best. I wish we didn't have to have these conversations either...I hope it will be ok....but I'm not too sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Is there any truth to this and will it chnge the responsibility from bp to nature?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Whats that tube doing on BOA2?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't know....but I wonder what has boa 1 been focusing on all day? Is that looking at the ground or straight out? It looks like black clouds passing by but is it looking down? They focused on that a lot yesterday too....just a light in the background and dark cloudiness...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ive given up watching cause the feed keeps dying on the BP site and on morph.

When I was watching though im pretty sure I had never before seen the section it was working on

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

ive given up watching cause the feed keeps dying on the BP site and on morph.

When I was watching though im pretty sure I had never before seen the section it was working on

It's working fine now....several cams too...try again.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You have to realize that the ROV operators have had a busy 3 months and now is a lull in the action . I would bet they get to have a real lunch and break and if they need to go they just park for a while. The ROV's can hover buy themselves in one spot so the operators might be taking a break.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

A break? Please...if they don't have people to take over when they go on "break", then that alone is criminal negligence. They already don't care what they show on the feeds. If they did, then they would not be in the same spots looking at the same thing for DAYS. I mean yeah people need breaks, but since when does someone not get rotated at a job? They don't just send you on break without someone to cover your job. The quality of these feeds, in my opinion, is proof that they don't care what they are doing. If we cannot see anything on a feed because no lights on, picture is pixilated, over contrasted, always freezing, then that is exactly what they are seeing too. And what attempt do they make to fix it? None. Sorry...not going off on you
just stating my observations.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I think the freezing is just your internet connection. Overcontrasting and pixelation doesn't really matter as long as the operator can tell what he/she is looking at.

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING PEOPLE!
This is one of the largest spills in human history. The gulf has been permanently stained with bp and haliburtons oil. It will take half a century for the gulf to even begin recovering from this.

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FILM THIS! DON'T OBEY ANYONE WHO SAYS THAT YOU CANT (GO TO JAIL FOR YOUR RIGHTS!). THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO HIDE THIS FROM THE PEOPLE. BP #ED UP AND I WANT TO SEE THE FULL SCALE OF WHAT THEY HAVE DONE! STOP RESTRICTING THE PUBLIC YOU ARE NOT AMERICA YOU DON'T MAKE THE LAWS THERE! IF YOU ARE LIVING IN THE GULF I ENCOURAGE YOU TO GO OUT AND FILM WHATS THERE AND WHAT IS HAPPENING.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by oilwatchernx2

My internet connection is perfect. If it were my connection, then why would everyone else be seeing the same things I do?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have been away for a few days - I might have missed this someplace but OMG what is that big oily glob with bubbles on Boa DeepC Rov1.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I see something spraying out of something on Hos Achiever Maxx - ROV 1 at morpehus feeds: morpheastruth.webs.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
*BP Shows ROV-Footage from Sulu Sea!*NOT FROM THE GULF!!*

www.youtube.com...

Something worth checking out

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join