It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So basically they had both caps removed at the same time, this allowed basically double amount of oil gas to leak out and only pay fines for one well
so really the estimate is higher for fines, and allowed both wells to capped so the pressure could build up close to what was required.

They made mistakes in the first well with cementing and binding the steel securly inside the well walls than made even more mistakes with the second well trying to cut money and time resulting in the death of 11 rig workers and two more resulting from the clean up and problity more to come in the furture
BP managment felt money is more important than people and wild life.

BP managment made risky desicions that involved death to others, That is the crime and people are responsible for there actions!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by DragonFire1024

just wondering... is there any chance that 'sway' in the bubble's 'stream' is from the water's currents?

I don't know about the bubbles...probably. I do not have a video of the swaying, but it sure looked like the well was swaying earlier.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

Holy Crap!

Okay, so pardon me if these questions have already been answered...

If there are indeed two wells (and the gov. only knows about one??) that have been spewing the entire time, then does that account for the big plume that some claim is about a mile from the main well head we WERE watching?

if these are repeat questions just send me to the right spot.

thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I found this web site telling where all the ships are.

www.marinetraffic.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The cameras have been focused on a dark area with light in the middle all day long....it stayed exactly the same and never varied....now, there are black clouds of something surrounding it......you can see the movement and billowing. It is on Olympic Challenger ROV2.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Forgot to mention, it is the one in the top left corner of the one with 4 views.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw
Mr2012, how do you know which well is the one where the rig blew up? I saw your lat/long readings, but it didn't make it clear. In fact, none of these recent posts are clearing anything up for me. I do see differences in the BOP or cap structures but I can't tell what I'm seeing. Seems like there should be some notable differences in the structures that could positively identify them in conjunction with the position data (assuming it is not faked).

From other info I've seen the one Deepwater Horizon was at in Feb is the one that blew, but you said it was the other one if I understood.

Can we differentiate the ROV seafloor monitoring video feeds? Would it do any good for me to note the N-E data if I watch a video (youtube archive or live) and see seeps or something else of interest? Videos are really slow to d/l for me so I can't watch everyone that is mentioned. I'm not even sure I trust that these feeds really are live if most of the ships bugged out.

I've been listening to radio feeds from the Louisiana coast, and haven't heard anything unusual, for what that's worth.

The ROV locations are based off the BOP and only relative to the BOP, it depends on which BOP there using.

The BOP that is on the angle is the one where the accident occured, the blowout, When the riser collasped down it bent the piping to the well, it's 5000 feet of leverage

reason BOP is bent

takes a huge force to mash a pipe at the base like this

if you look at my post on page 117 I have given distances and the links where I got the distances and information in relation to the 2 wells, It's been a puzzle trying to figure out what happened, BP is only telling you some information and the rest is trying to be withheld,
It is just trying to gather fact finding mission so the information can be presented, it's just scattered across the internet, but the information is there

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
OK....something else....I was watching the leaning BOP, and the camera got up close looking at it, and it was covered with oil....dripping down the sides of it....then suddenly, the camera turned off. The oil was all over the white parts.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Yeah but the ships involved with the well operations have not been listed on that site all day...no pictures of them, none on the lists...none at all that are affiliated with this.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
The cameras have been focused on a dark area with light in the middle all day long....it stayed exactly the same and never varied....now, there are black clouds of something surrounding it......you can see the movement and billowing. It is on Olympic Challenger ROV2.

If you are referring to the 4 camera view, the top two cameras, I don't know what that is. Seems to not be moving, so it maybe something stuck to the camera lens. At least the top right camera looks to MAYBE be something on the lens...but not sure.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Check this out! ESPECIALLY the last few sentences!

Experts agree BP oil well casing has failed: Relief wells may not stop Deepwater Horizon oil leak
June 23, 9:41 PMPolitical Spin ExaminerMaryann TobinPrevious

Experts now say BP oil well casing has failed: Relief wells may not stop the Deepwater Horizon oil leak.

Fallen Deepwater Horizon was tapping second largest oil deposit in the world

Deepwater Horizon sub-sea blowout:Expert says oil spill ‘doomsday scenario’ may have already begun.

There is an increasingly real possibility that we may never be able to stop the gushing hole left in the Gulf sea floor unleashed by the Deepwater Horizon.

Former president of Shell oil and founder of Citizens for Affordable Energy, John Hofmeister, told Hardball’s Chris Matthews that the casing that leads to the oil reservoir may be so badly damaged from wear under the extreme pressure, the relief wells will not be able to stop the flow.

Hofmeister said that once the relief wells reach the casing, they will inject cement that should solidify and permanently stop the leak. But if there is not enough casing intact to hold the cement and allow it to set, the last hope in stopping the gusher ends.

Oil industry expert Bob Cavnar agrees. In an interview with Keith Olbermann, Cavnar said ‘there is real damage to the BOP.’ His advice to BP is to “Keep the well flowing as much as they can,” in order to keep the pressure off the ‘down hole.’

Cavnar also said he would not be surprised if the BOP fell over, unless BP installs supports to keep it upright, adding that it needs to be done right now.

Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen confirmed evidence that Cavnar may be right. Allen said, “The riser package is now tilting 10 to12 degrees.”

[edit on 24-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is it me or does that well look like its really swaying on BOA DEEP C 2? I don't think its the ROV because its holding on with 2 arms.

EDIT: Watch the box with the handle and compare it to the movement of everything else...I definitely think its the well swaying. Its still hard to tell...but it is very creepy watching it on Olympic Challenger...I am trying to get a point of reference but its too blurry to see in Olympic.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Is it me or does that well look like its really swaying on BOA DEEP C 2? I don't think its the ROV because its holding on with 2 arms.

EDIT: Watch the box with the handle and compare it to the movement of everything else...I definitely think its the well swaying.

I think so too....I have noticed it all day. Check out the article I just posted.....they are saying it may fall over!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It is DEFINITLY swaying....a couple of times pretty significantly.....it seems to be swaying hard to the right.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Do you have a link to that?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Do you mean the article?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Using Mr2012's own lat/long data from pg 117 of this thread, there is only 312 feet between what he calls Well A and Well B.

And the video in the post where he replied to me (pg 119 I think) confirms BP's graphic of the well damage: bent riser at the top of the BOP and open-ended broken riser. I have saved a copy of that graphic if it's no longer online but I believe I got it from the unified command site (the original one), deepwaterhorizonresponse.com. I could not get all the readings of E/N data from that video to do a distance calculation but if we get it I'd like to check the distance of the broken pipe end from the BOP.

Mr2012 must have mispoke when he said the E/N readings were relative to the BOP. The reading on just one of those would be 227 miles if the unit is feet. I'm sure they would not use inches - the darn things aren't that accurate. Does anyone have a link to where the ROV coordinate system is explained? I thought it was once said here to be GPS coordinates.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
By STEPHEN THOMPSON | The Tampa Tribune

Published: July 23, 2010

Updated: 07/23/2010 05:35 pm

USF scientists Underwater oil definitely from BP spill

Two massive plumes, or subsurface clouds, have been linked to BP oil through a kind of molecular fingerprinting comparison.

One plume, suspended a quarter-mile beneath the surface, is 22 miles long, 6 miles wide and 100 feet thick, Hollander said. It was observed 45 miles northeast of the Deepwater Horizon well.

The other is deeper, hovering two-thirds to three-quarters of a mile beneath the surface. It is 20 miles long and is roughly 650 feet thick, Hollander said. This cloud was 24 miles east of the Deepwater Horizon site.

Of the two plumes – which are invisible to the naked eye -- the one that is deeper has oil at a concentration of 750 parts per billion. At a concentration of 1,000 parts per billion, oil is thought to be toxic to marine life.

The plume that is closer to the surface has a concentration ranging from 300 to 550 parts per billion, Hollander said.

Source www2.tbo.com...

Ektar

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow...only one ROV now. What a disgrace. BP wanted the government to take over the general operations and they are not even following their orders. This is totally ridiculous. And even worse, not a thing we can do about it. What a sham.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
so is the bop leaning or is it the rov?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ad1366e6132.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join