It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yeah it is totally outrageous. Don't let BP try and tell me that everything is fine. These guys in the alleged command center are seeing exactly what we are...and yet they refuse to fix the feeds or do their jobs. If this were any other workplace, they all would have been fired by now.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

That's the truth! It just makes me furious. Have you seen the "leaning tower" today? LOL......I sure haven't.....they are hiding something.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

That or more likely the more they screw with the feeds so no one can see them, the less we, the media and whoever else will watch them. See in BP's eyes...if we cannot see it, then nothing is wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Ha! Well I have news for them.....it only makes me MORE suspicious of them...the greedy bastards! Have you seen the BOP? They aren't showing it all the sudden.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A second anomaly I have been thinking about is what I refer to as "black smoke," or rather the lack thereof. [DISCLAIMER: Now, duh!!, I know this is underwater so it is not smoke, it is a liquid/particulate mixture effluent, but by the appearance of the flow, it is just easier to describe it as black smoke.]

There is a video, probably on you tube, that shows the effluent from the broken end of the riser on the seafloor (I'll post link if I find it again). You can see, at times, "black smoke" coming out, in addition to the brown and some white. I don't know if the white stuff is dispersant or something like methane hydrate crystals.

I am not focusing on the white part here, except to point out that in frames where you can see white stuff, there is no discoloration in the lighting - when white is white, black is generally black - a colored light would color the white stuff as much or more than the dark. It is possible they have some high tech lighting that only affects the appearance of the black oily effluent making it look brown, orange or yellow, but I seriously doubt it.

I do have a still image (someone else's screen capture of a ROV feed) that shows an example of "black smoke" but I am not sure if I am "authorized" to be reposting their image here. I might be able to locate the link and post that however. And many of us have seen the stringy blobs or balls of oil, as well as thin black wisps, coming from the seafloor seeps.

So, if this well was spewing oil, why wasn't there "black smoke" or some actual oily looking oil coming out of the well when it was open?

[Sorry, I know this doesn't have the same impact without images.]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just a heads up.....one of the cameras just showed a piece of equipment lying on the sea bed spewing a white substance and the robot arm was tring to grab it....then screen went black (of course)....it keeps going off and on.....that thing was pumping a lot of whatever it was!! Cam Q4000 ROV1

[edit on 26-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There are so many leaks coming from that flange on BOA DEEP C 1 I cannot even count them anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I know! and those big blobs of oil too. I can't understand why the cameras keep shutting down and freezing.....but I discovered that when they go black, if you hit refresh, it will come back....kind of strange huh? Like it's THERE, but it isn't there.....so I am watching it by hitting refresh every 2 minutes LOL.There is something going on they are trying to hide. Any professional company would make sure their equipment is in working order....or FIX IT. Have you noticed they are not showing the whole BOP since everyone has been talking about it leaning? I have been checking all day and not one shot of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealth Kat

Right they cant even manage the cameras properly and yet they are still in a position to deal with the biggest disaster America has ever encountered at the hands of them the irresponsible?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Was the white stuff corerexit?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

yes, they are still injecting corexit at the source. the rov dropped his wand and was trying to pick it up.
They may have their third string operators in the game to give them some experience since the "game" is already "won"
our high school football team used to do this when our school played a really lame team and it was a blow out.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I noticed on the page with all the still image captures of the feeds that this round tub-like thing that has been leaking drops of oil did not seem to tilting anymore (an hour ago). But in the live feed I just got it is leaning away from the camera. I thought I recalled it leaning toward this direction (camera facing NE at hose connection just to right of black plug). Images avail. if needed. "To lean or not to lean, that is the question."

I've got one more anomaly to post if/when I figure out image embedding.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

LOL!What a joke huh? I can't believe the incompetency!! You would think with all the money that company has, that they would have the best of everything.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

Originally posted by antar

yes, they are still injecting corexit at the source. the rov dropped his wand and was trying to pick it up.
They may have their third string operators in the game to give them some experience since the "game" is already "won"
our high school football team used to do this when our school played a really lame team and it was a blow out.

Thanks for the explanation....I was wondering what was going on....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Right now on Boa ROV2....it is showing a disturbed area of the seabed, and if you watch closely, there are bubbles and small amounts of oil coming from it (little balls of oil)....also something hazy in spots, unless that's the camera.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
OK....I am freaking out because on BOA 2 there is some kind of haze coming out of that disturbed soil....someone please tell me what it is....It is definitly coming from the seabed!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Looking Hazey to me too Kat:

Also, Sonar looking noisier than usual:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

Yeah I noticed too...The other day it was really tilting, and swaying. I then figured with the storm it might have been swaying in the current. I don't know. I just found it odd to be as crooked as it was.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

At the moment all I see is a camera view of itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join