It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protest violence escalates in Toronto

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulofBlack

Thanks for the link! It had some great info.

I guess I may be a little naive to think that we could sit down and have a discussion rather then come to blows with TPTB. I agree that many of these riots listed have been successful in accomplishing the goals of the rioters. I just don't like to see the mass amount of deaths that come with it.

Did you notice a trend on that list? Not very many US Riots on that list. Last one was a riot over the fricken Lakers! Americans could not organize and stage a mass, violent overthrow of things. They are too busy watching a ball game. So our only choice would be to do this through more diplomatic means.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Anyone got live webcast of this other then CP24 Crap news

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

Obvious troll is obvious.

Indeed they are....

They usually have one liners calling ATS veterans who have participated in numerous ATS Debate, and writing competitions, have received several ATS applause's from forum Mods, having a variety of threads and countless posts over 400 words Trolls.

But I assure you Intrepid is not a troll.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
OK, enough of this. Let's discuss the topic and not each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Where is the proof of that. Remember, you are talking to an old Vietnam War Protester here. We had those same creepy Anarchist ruining everything, but they were just bad people, not plants. The Anarchists ruin everything they touch. They always have.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Until 3rd parties are elected throughout the Western World, nothing will change.

It does not matter if the people do protest hard, they will just get pushed back and punished.

Parties and people need to be brought into power that have no affiliations with the Evil Elite.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

CBC says the number of protestors is about 10 thousand.

This reminds me of one of my favorite songs. Listen to the music and read the lyrics. I am fed up. These creeps from the G-20 need to be...well....stopped DEAD.

Go Canada, I hope this is the one that sets the world on fire and we finally have change. Wishful thinking I'm sure but one can dream.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Where is the proof of that. Remember, you are talking to an old Vietnam War Protester here. We had those same creepy Anarchist ruining everything, but they were just bad people, not plants. The Anarchists ruin everything they touch. They always have.

And it never crossed your mind that Maybe those Anarchists were possibly hippie hating cadets?

Anarchists are usually punk kids, who like smashing stuff, they serve no purpose and only undermine a protest.

A masked anarchist could be anyone, and there is proof of the CIA using riot instigators in third world countries. This is documented.

Who's to say that projects like what the CIA has used in other countries is not used in the US and Canada?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by SoulofBlack

Thanks for the link! It had some great info.

I guess I may be a little naive to think that we could sit down and have a discussion rather then come to blows with TPTB. I agree that many of these riots listed have been successful in accomplishing the goals of the rioters. I just don't like to see the mass amount of deaths that come with it.

Did you notice a trend on that list? Not very many US Riots on that list. Last one was a riot over the fricken Lakers! Americans could not organize and stage a mass, violent overthrow of things. They are too busy watching a ball game. So our only choice would be to do this through more diplomatic means.

Which is another reason I think why a majority of the USA will always be apathetic to the world around them. Seems like most of the population gets riled over a sports game versus things which matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Here is the link to the CIA subversion tactics in chile.....Really stuck it too these poor people.

Now Keep in Mind that I am not accusing the CIA of planting trouble makers at the G20 stuff, because things like subversion are not strictly government any more. Corporate has an intelligence organization that would make Naval intelligence drool with the disproportionate amount of power they have.

Overview of Covert Actions. At the direction of the White House and interagency policy coordination committees, CIA undertook the covert activities described below. There were sustained propaganda efforts, including financial support for major news media, against Allende and other Marxists. Political action projects supported selected parties before and after the 1964 elections and after Allende’s 1970 election.

•In April 1962, the “5412 Panel Special Group”—a sub-cabinet body charged with reviewing proposed covert actions—approved a proposal to carry out a program of covert financial assistance to the Christian Democratic Party (PDC) to support the 1964 Presidential candidacy of Eduardo Frei.
•Also in 1962, the CIA began supporting a civic action group that undertook various propaganda activities, including distributing posters and leaflets.
•In December 1963, the 5412 Group agreed to provide a one-time payment to the Democratic Front, a coalition of three moderate to conservative parties, in support of the Front’s Presidential campaign.
•In April 1964, the 5412 Group approved a propaganda and political action program for the upcoming September 1964 Presidential election.
•In May 1964, following the dissolution of the Democratic Front, the “303 Committee,” successor to the 5412 Group, agreed to give the Radical Party additional covert assistance.
•In February 1965, the 303 Committee approved a proposal to give covert assistance to selected candidates in upcoming Congressional elections.
•In 1967, the CIA set up a propaganda mechanism for making placements in radio and news media.
•In July 1968, the 303 Committee approved a political action program to support individual moderate candidates running in the 1969 Congressional elections.
•As a result of 1968 propaganda activities, in 1969 the “40 Committee” (successor to the 303 Committee) approved the establishment of a propaganda workshop.
•In the runup to the 1970 Presidential elections, the 40 Committee directed CIA to carry out “spoiling operations” to prevent an Allende victory.
•As part of a “Track I” strategy to block Allende from taking office after the 4 September election, CIA sought to influence a Congressional run-off vote required by the Constitution because Allende did not win an absolute majority.
•As part of a “Track II” strategy, CIA was directed to seek to instigate a coup to prevent Allende from taking office (see discussion below).
•While Allende was in office, the 40 Committee approved the redirection of “Track I” operations that—combined with a renewed effort to support the PDC in 1971 and a project to provide support to the National Party and Democratic Radical Party in 1972—funneled millions of dollars to strengthen opposition political parties. CIA also provided assistance to militant right-wing groups to undermine the President and create a tense environment.

C.I.A Website .gov

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Until 3rd parties are elected throughout the Western World, nothing will change.

It does not matter if the people do protest hard, they will just get pushed back and punished.

Parties and people need to be brought into power that have no affiliations with the Evil Elite.

Third parties do exist in the West, and they do get elected. The USA seems to be the main exception to that.

But you are spot on in that protesting doesn't matter. Governments know that no one is going to attempt a violent revolution over banking policy, or over environmental issues, or funding for the third world. So have a little riot, get it out of your system. A minor concession may be made, and that will make the vast majority of the protesters slightly happy.

The protesters who aren't happy with that don't matter. They're either too dirty to get into politics, or not dirty enough.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
All of you seem so quick to jump to conclusions of conspiracy without room for reality...

I am an Anarchist, and I know the Anarchist community, and it is common to debate and talk about the use of 'violence' (typically against property rather than people), direct action, monkeywrenching, and the like in order to resist and protest the establishment (whether government, corporate, religious, etc.).

Now, there is DEFINITELY a covert police presence in activist circles. They (and the feds) are ALL OVER these groups and frequently infiltrate them disguised in plainclothes. However, to say that ALL of the aggression/violence practiced by "fringe" groups is manufactured, planted, faked, infiltration is just plain wrong. The reality is there is a lot of legitimate direct action/civil disobedience and even property destruction that is carried out by REAL activists, and a decent amount of it is debatably acceptable and even praise-worthy. Now of course this increases the crackdown of the police on 'peaceful' protesters and has the tendency to polarize the media... HOWEVER, this is NOT the fault of the black bloc. If the POLICE act out of line (which is nothing new anyway) it is THE FAULT OF THE POLICE, if the MEDIA does a crap job of covering an issue/event objectively/thoroughly (which is also nothing new) then that is the MEDIA'S FAULT. You can't blame Anarchists for everything that goes wrong and then not hold the ACTUAL bullies and liars accountable. This is almost EXACTLY the same kind of cowardly in-fighting BS as Democrats blaming Nader for losing the election for Gore when BUSH STOLE THOUSANDS MORE VOTES THAN NADER EVEN GOT!

We must also keep in mind the LIE that such "fringe" protesters are solely responsible for police brutality and poor media coverage... the plain fact is, even 100% peaceful protests experience police brutality and poor media coverage very frequently, in fact, it's the RULE not the exception to experience this. It's just hilarious and then enraging when people spout off their BS about how the media is too "liberal" when in REALITY the media gives right-wing protesters ALL the attention and fair coverage (not to mention the police treat them with kid gloves and even PROTECTION for chrissakes!) while either ignoring much more MASSIVE (and informed) left-wing protests completely and/or marginalizing them as a joke, as a radical protest, or non-news (as in- "Oh it's just those hippies again! Nothin to see here..."). Even when the media properly COVERS a left-wing protest, they tend to get the message/facts ALL WRONG or they leave very important pieces out, giving the segment 1 or 2 minutes while it's on to celebrity gossip for 5-10 minutes of the newscast.

Personally I am TOTALLY WITH these protesters who are making the government and corporate goons shake in their fascist booties. In the resistance, EVERYONE has their part to play, and for other protesters to reject Anarchists is a huge mistake. They are allies and they are some of the most intelligent, informed, and EFFECTIVE protesters out there. Maintain focus on the REAL enemies...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I live near Portland Oregon...so am familiar with the effects of protestors...and the rebels that hide in their ranks.

Protesters as a WHOLE are often working towards the right goal.

As individuals some of them are worthless, jobless, hateful, instigators.
They are vandals, they are angry, they get lost in their mob mentality, and influence other generally peaceful young people to act out in ways they wouldn't normally.

Its really shameful.

On the other hand, the majority are peaceful people that are unhappy.
A potentially dangerous group.
And with 10,000! ? ! thats a lot of individuals getting caught up in the mob mentality.

For their own safety, I hope the majority keep calm heads, and the anarchists get singled out and removed.

For the community, store owners, policemen and regular citizens...
PLEASE PROTESTORS...RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MAN.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

And it never crossed your mind that Maybe those Anarchists were possibly hippie hating cadets?

Anarchists are usually punk kids, who like smashing stuff, they serve no purpose and only undermine a protest.

A masked anarchist could be anyone, and there is proof of the CIA using riot instigators in third world countries. This is documented.

Who's to say that projects like what the CIA has used in other countries is not used in the US and Canada?

You are absolutely f*ing WRONG.

Anarchists wear masks in order to hide their identities from POLICE and SURVEILLANCE. For you to deny that extensive surveillance isn't conducted (and unfairly/unconstitutionally) on protesters demonstrates your willful ignorance. The only people that the masks piss off are the cops, and THAT'S GOOD.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

"The reality is there is a lot of legitimate direct action/civil disobedience and even property destruction that is carried out by REAL activists, and a decent amount of it is debatably acceptable and even praise-worthy"

REALLY!?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
They are wearing masks. It is getting worse. They attacked a news truck and threw urine on people. They are destroying businesses by the dozens. They are hurting innocent people. Anyone who would stand behind that is to sick to even discuss.

I hope they round them all up, take their masks away and post their photo's. They should cough up every dime this costs even if they have to pay for the rest of their lives. Perhaps they could work it off in a local garbage dump where they belong.

Agent Provocateurs

So you show your true colors as a fascist...

PROVE THAT THEY'VE HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE, PROVE IT. Then PROVE that the police haven't hurt many times MORE innocent people.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

I respect that you are informed and taking and active role in trying to make change.

I do have a problem with your claiming damaging another persons property can be a good thing? Could you please expound on this a little...you come accross as a very intelligent person, I just can't seem to wrap my mind around this veiwpoint as reasonable though.

I'm not being a hater here...I would like a little insight.
Thanks

edit to conceal my ignorance

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
Personally I am TOTALLY WITH these protesters who are making the government and corporate goons shake in their fascist booties. In the resistance, EVERYONE has their part to play, and for other protesters to reject Anarchists is a huge mistake. They are allies and they are some of the most intelligent, informed, and EFFECTIVE protesters out there. Maintain focus on the REAL enemies...

Yeah, shaking in their boots. Sure.

A Starbucks franchise got a window smashed. Starbucks doesn't care. Its a window. The only thing that act accomplishes is making life difficult for the regular people who work in the store.

Spray painting "bomb the banks" on a wall will cost the bank a millionth of a percent of their annual profits to clean off. Really think that the board of directors of a bank is going to lose sleep over that - especially when you consider that the almost complete majority of protestors and demonstrators keeps their money in A BANK?

The only thing the anarchists accomplish these days is ensuring that huge amounts of cash will be spent on security. Furthermore, the reasons for any protest that turns violent can be conveniently ignored by the media in favour of footage of burning police cars. Further to that, the average Jane and Joe will be discouraged from protesting because of the risks of being caught up in violence.

No one is shaking in their boots. The cops love the Anarchists. They justify the massive amounts of overtime and bonus pay they get for demonstrations like this. The Multinationals love the Anarchists. They keep people from looking too closely.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join