It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protest violence escalates in Toronto

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I was just watching CP24 and one of the reporters was remarking about how the people dressed in black (the "anarchists") are now changing out of their "uniforms" into regular clothes, so they are now "unrecognizable" in the crowd.

Well, of course they are... their work is done. Now every news story, every front page, every video, every picture, every discussion, etc., will now talk solely about the "violence"... not the message and reason as to why people are protesting.

They're now reporting that things are starting to calm down. Quelle suprise.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Gosh I was hoping to read that some world leader punched another. Darn.

Well, maybe Sunday Cameron will punch out Merkel in the spirit of the England/Germany soccer game.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Screw the media; they're the same piece of trash as the Government. Damage has been done. Still waiting for the G20 to visit Montreal, if they have any balls that is.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Thank you...............................Will go have a look now!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Go eat your expensive dinners you a-holes. The people have one billion reasons to stick it to you!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm not surprised they are changing their clothes, as this was obviously planned for awhile by the black bloc.

I was down there in the middle of it all, and got out of there.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Zstugome]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Go eat your expensive dinners you a-holes. The people have one billion reasons to stick it to you!

Yeah, I don't mind springing for a "conference call". But this is too much $$ for "meeting" in person.

Although long distance rates can be a bitch sometimes. Especially international calls.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by bad man incorporated]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Go for it people!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Looks like two more police cars have just caught fire and have begun to explode, if you're watching CP24.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by SoulofBlack

So what is the answer? Peaceful protests are useless. Violent protests are useless. Do we simply stay home and catch Saturday morning cartoons and enjoy a bowl of high fructose corn syrup-injected cereal? Are we simply screwed and should we just go about our lives as usual?

That complacency is what got us in the mess we are in today! I refuse to stand by and let another man direct my life from his comfortable, well-secured office! This protest is not about ridiculous policy or the future of nations. This protest is about one man/men having thier thumbs over the rest of us.

So you find the perfect answer to this. I am willing to compromise on the tactics used to convey our message, but I AM NOT willing to compromise on the final outcome! A world where a man is not free is a world that is in constant war with its self. Thats not a world I want to be a part of.

Violent protests aren't useless in my opinion. There have been far more radical changes through violence than that through peace for bad or good.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
VIDEO LINKS

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I believe the end of the last video shows the so called "blac block" trapped by police. They appear to have their hands on the backs of their heads.

Anybody else see what I see?

MORE: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by i944002]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's interesting that this isn't being covered yet on the BBC, CNN, or FOX News.

The major news sites seem to be conveniently ignoring a major riot very close to all of their country's leaders.

Of course, it's getting extensive coverage on Canada's CBC and other news channels.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am appalled!

$1.2 billion spent and the cops aren't doing anything?

For $1.2 billion I expect my skull to be cracked!

But that goes to show you how much our police care for citizen safety. If this was the US, the citizens would have been beat up for nothing more than fun.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I don't understand why the people do not work together. someone organize and move in formations. find enough people willing to organize and follow directions. chain together and don' t let people go down alone. I guarantee the cops are outnumbered. a couple strong pushes and they could have the lines broken. people just need to not be afraid to risk a little to gain alot.

Ya I know I am arm chair coaching easier said than done, but I see very little effort to organize. meeting up and standing in big groups is not organized.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by tracer7]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Now thats what I am talking about. 100% refusal by the people to participate in the system! A complete halt to the daily grind. No work, buying, selling, insurance claims, taxes, banking, etc..... If we could coordinate such an effort it would take away the very fabric of which their power is interconnected. Everyone could peacefully protest on their couch and spend time with the family, but at the same time the higher-ups would be at a complete loss as what to do.

There would not be a central location to quell protoests. Therefore giving the protest a much more powerful effect. It would show that we control the flow of daily life. They can hold us down all they want but once the Prolls rise.....there will be hell to pay and it would be much worse than if 1000 of us showed up at a summit or state capitol.

Back in reality, we all know this would not happen. Too many people, more much so in the US, are too "plugged in" to the system to be effective at all. Many rely on Gov't assistance to just get by day to day, so I doubt they could make it through a protest that would last days, weeks, or even months. Where I live in the US, many people do not even know about the G20 summit. They don't know any more than what the MSM gives them to digest.

So even though I think that approach would be the way to go...it wont happen. We can all dream though, cant we?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulofBlack

For the sake of my own education, can you tell me a time where citizens have used violence to bring about positive change? I agree that agression may be needed at times but it is not the way to go. All your doing is exchanging one tyrannical entity for another. Can you say military coup?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

It's not really actual violence.

Maybe some spoiled person who does not know TRUE Violence would claim there is violence, but they are wrong.

Violence is like what happens in third world nations. Where the people all get mowed down by machine guns for protesting. Where people get their heads cut off or hanged in town square for daring to protest.

Or like in Kyrgyzstan where the people literally shot their government with AK74's and threw live grenades...

That is violence. When death comes to reap it's crop.

These protests in our first world nations are a joke. Tear gas? That is not violence. Violence is a freaking high explosive grenade. Violence is a spray of bullets. Violence is beating someones head in with blunt objects mercilessly.

This is a cake walk, in our nations protesting you have a 99% chance to come out safe and unharmed. Same goes for the cops.

You can wash that pepper spray off. But you can wash 1st degree white phosphorus burns off? Didn't think so. (By the way don't try water makes it worse lol)

We should consider ourselves lucky to not know real violence. We should consider ourselves blessed to think pepper spray or a few broken windows is "violent".

We are so mentally sheltered from the real world by our media and society, that many do not even know true violence exists across the ocean...

How many snipers are shooting random folks at this protest? Oh none?

Looks pretty peaceful to me, from both sides the people and the cops.

Call me cynical, but I am just trying to put things into perspective here compared with the rest of the World...

Did someone said 'violence' and 'violent protest'? And those 'armed' with goggles, golf balls, lemon juice and bandanas who protest against injustices, burning unoccupied gestapo transports are now called 'terrorists', in the same vein with suicide bombers?

Goes to show what kind of a govt Canada is heading towards. Billions to keep a 'nazi brown shirt' force in place. The masses are indeed screwed. May women and children be kept safe and at home as men goes forward courageously to prove a point - frustration with the ineptitude of leaders/puppets who deemed themselves fit to rule the world and humanity .

[edit on 26-6-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Protesters have to be be the dumbest people on the face of the Earth!

You would have to be totally inept to show up to a G20 that just spent a billion dollars on security dressed in normal clothes and a backpack.

When are people going to Wake the double damned up and finally show up to these slaughter events dressed appropriately in full body armor too.

Motorcycle helmets, hockey gear, leather protection, plait mail, chain mail this is what protesters should be wearing!

You guys want to see peaceful protests? Then protesters need to arm themselves, each and every one of them.

Here, a nice staged event by the Feds captured on video....

these protests are nothing but watered down tea full of idiotic dummies.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by tothetenthpower

From what I have heard about it the Agent Provocateurs are out in full swing.

Proof? I call bull.

These violent Anarchists are just cheap thugs. They mostly damage innocent peoples property, they use the riots as cover to steal, they post phony tapes on YouTube and pretend they never did anything.

Why cover up for people like that?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I love Canada, go to the protest and a hockey game breaks out.

With the condition of the world I'm surprised more people didn't show up.

Can anyone tell me or show me the good these groups have done? G20?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join