It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protest violence escalates in Toronto

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

G20 protest violence escalates in Toronto

www.cbc.ca

Thousands of anti-G20 protesters are being met by a massive police presence while marching through downtown Toronto on Saturday, with reports of violence and vandalism as well as splinter groups trying to head towards the main summit site.

In one incident, a police cruiser was set on fire at the corner of King and Bay streets in the heart of the city's financial district.

As well, store windows were broken or defaced with graffiti. One downtown bank on Queen Street West had its windows
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/26/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Public Works Protection Act is also in place, allowing the police to arrest anybody deemed dangerous.

This is going to get hella interesting in the next couple of days as more and more groups come out.

Any thoughts ATS?

Will any of YOU be going to G20 to show your support against the NWO? Myself, the violence is not worth it.

CSIS is out in full force on this one.

~Keeper

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/26/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

From what I have heard about it the Agent Provocateurs are out in full swing.

It never ceases to amaze me that they agitate a crowd just for sound bytes.

And to make Government seen as benevolent and saving the world.

Reminds me of this video and the nonsense going on.

G20 Toronto - Order Out Of Chaos

[edit on 26-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Gosh I was hoping to read that some world leader punched another. Darn.

Well I hope it doesn't escalate and no one gets hurt. It's a stage for making statements, that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well I see the government in Canada is not better that the one we got here when dealing with the masses of indenture servants that have not business getting in the way of those of the global ruling class.

So let tag them all anti government and domestic terrorist, put them in animal cages after blasting their ears with sonic cannons

We most preserve the elite at all cost. . .

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Current situation.

2 fires.

Stores smashed,

Riot police have now started firing tear gas apparently.

They are talking about evacuating the G20 leaders.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The rent-a-mobs are doing their job!

The G-20 sure puts on a good show.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Some may find it barbaric or childish, but I wish our leaders would go rounds with each other. It would show me that they really feel passionate about what we stand for. Maybe if we had more boxing matches in the Senates and parliments of the world, we would have less war. Its better to have a politician with a black eye and a bruised ego than to have 100,000's dead just to prove a politicains point or to fulfill his greed.

I will be watching closely. I hope that these protests can stay peaceful, yet convey the obvious fact that the world is pissed at TPTB. Good luck in Toronto and be safe.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Looks like there are already videos on YouTube.

Link must be too big to fit - copy / paste...

youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=g20+summit&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&suggested_categories=25%2C27

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

One has to wonder if the G-20 Summit gets the message that the world is pissed.

With this level of violence, and this quickly, it is difficult to determine whether this is really the Agent Provocatuers, or the people.

I think this is going to get extremely messy before it is over unfortunately.

And if they're evacuating people that means they know it's going to get someone killed if they do not act, and act now, to stop the protests.

Resist G20, 2010.June26-27@Toronto

[edit on 26-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

link   
"By 10:30am, members of the intelligence unit had arrested a Quebec man near Parliament and Gerrard streets and charged him with conspiracy. They seized goggles, golf balls, lemon juice and bandanas. Three women, also from Quebec, were arrested at the scene and charged with weapons offences." canoe.ca

lol 1 Billion in security and they are worried about golf balls and lemon juice. Sad a$$ riot cops.

link   
They believe that acts of violence and vandalism are going to change government decisions?
How, exactly, is that supposed to work?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Here is a link to a website that has Traffic and a Downtown Cam.

I don't know if you can see the protest, the video won't load on my PC.

Anybody willing to vet for me?

www.goandroam.com...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
They believe that acts of violence and vandalism are going to change government decisions?

No no my friend.

People are paid to go into peacefull protests and start rioting and violence so that the police have justification to shut them down.

~Keeper

link   
People are angry they are going to show it whichever way.

Good on them, power to the people.

link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

If I know my Canadians, if even one person is killed by security forces, they are going to have anarchy in those streets.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/26/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

What happen with the old fashion rotten eggs and tomatoes

I forgot, they are now considered biological weapons

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Police car with on fire with busted windows and "die pigs" spray painted on the side? Hmmm looks staged to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well, what with the state of the world as it stands now, these bastards talking at their conference table at the G-20 Summit, the citizens are sick and tired and fed up with them screwing us over and over.

It will be surprising if any of the politicians are not killed in this protest gone mad.

I see the Canadians are running rampant and the fight is on.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

And stupid facebook groups are working so well right?

Take the gulf spill. A facebook group is set up with 700k members. What have those members done? Absolutely nothing other than yelling on the page. BP's bottomline is not effected by some dynamic words on a website page but they think it is.

There are videos of BP blocking media access. If this country weren't so passive aggressive, there would be a riot or some group bulldozing past these jokes to get the real truth. But...there isn't, because facebook works so well right?

When it comes down to it, certain people won't care unless it alters their bottom line or it is intimidated. Passive aggressive protest achieves absolutely nothing because the people on the FB page are already in a certain mindset while others in the USA have shown overall apathy for anything beyond their idiotic reality tv shows.

What does violence show? When I see thousands of people form riots in other countries, this doesn't necessarily show me that they can change whatever they are trying to achieve one day but rather that they care so passionately for this issue that they are willing to risk their own security to see things done.

If a company dumped a chemical into a river and kept doing it which is more effective? Setting up a protest page on the internet which only those who know about the incident go to? Or getting a group to get gallons upon gallons of that initial chemical dumped and dispersing it at the company headquarters?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join