It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protest violence escalates in Toronto

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

They are talking about evacuating the G20 leaders.

~Keeper

They better not! Not after spending over 1 billion dollars in security.
They were asking for this from the start, otherwise why would they pick the largest city in Canada. They could have gone anywhere for a billion dollars, but noooo, they have to pick Toronto.

People even got told to leave their homes if they lived in the area. I doubt they get reimbursed for expenses for the week.

I am a couple of provinces over, so my anger is about over a billion dollars spent on security. They could have built themselves a town for that money, or bought a large ship and met out in the ocean for that matter. At least there would be something to show for the money when this is over, instead of a mess.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I wonder how bad it would have been had the meeting been in NY or
some other large American City..

~Keeper

just as bad !!!!
these NWO maggots are surely
beginning to understand that soon
there will not be a city in the world
they can meet in peace. They have
started a war on common folk
and now:

common folk are fighting back
and they're pi$$ed !!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Is there a way to upload pictures on this website? I have a few from friends who are down there right now!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It's sad they've had to get violent, but I don't think it was avoidable this time.

I wonder how bad it would have been had the meeting been in NY or some other large American City..

~Keeper

It's not really actual violence.

Maybe some spoiled person who does not know TRUE Violence would claim there is violence, but they are wrong.

Violence is like what happens in third world nations. Where the people all get mowed down by machine guns for protesting. Where people get their heads cut off or hanged in town square for daring to protest.

Or like in Kyrgyzstan where the people literally shot their government with AK74's and threw live grenades...

That is violence. When death comes to reap it's crop.

These protests in our first world nations are a joke. Tear gas? That is not violence. Violence is a freaking high explosive grenade. Violence is a spray of bullets. Violence is beating someones head in with blunt objects mercilessly.

This is a cake walk, in our nations protesting you have a 99% chance to come out safe and unharmed. Same goes for the cops.

You can wash that pepper spray off. But you can wash 1st degree white phosphorus burns off? Didn't think so. (By the way don't try water makes it worse lol)

We should consider ourselves lucky to not know real violence. We should consider ourselves blessed to think pepper spray or a few broken windows is "violent".

We are so mentally sheltered from the real world by our media and society, that many do not even know true violence exists across the ocean...

How many snipers are shooting random folks at this protest? Oh none?

Looks pretty peaceful to me, from both sides the people and the cops.

Call me cynical, but I am just trying to put things into perspective here compared with the rest of the World...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here's a comment from a news article on the CBC website. Somehow this one comment has made me think a little more and seems to "ring true" for me.

Perhaps nobody sees the irony here.

The G8 / G20 have everyone tied around their fingers. The police are not another species of animal, and neither are the protesters.

These are everyday Canadians bashing the crap out of other everyday Canadians (which side is which doesn't matter). There is vandalism, damage, fire, chaos, and violence.

The leaders would be laughing, but of course, they aren't probably aware of what's going on. Well as long as the locals are preoccupied with each other, I guess they can get down to business.

If we want to send a message or exact change, this way isn't going to make it happen. The next time there's such a summit, the gov't will use today's events and behaviour as a precedent to enact even *tougher* laws and stamp down harder on everyone.

source

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I tried, it says it's an attack page and was blocked because of my security settings on my comp.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TDotTkatch

Sorry to hear about your Mother and we all wish her the best, I am sure.

In one of your last posts you stated that law enforcment and others have been expecting violence from protestors from the outset. Of course they have! They are the ones who instigated the violence. Every mass protest such as the G8, etc has been plagued by violence that began with agent prov's.

Agent Prov Link

To limit free speech to "free speech zones" in a country that allows free speech anywhere, is a violation of their rights. In the Us, our constitution allows us to bear arms and protect such a right. We obviously dont and I never advocate violence, but at least they have the right to protest anywhere they choose as long as they do not harm anyone.

Even in the U.S., when we protest we keep it civil. Was it not just a couple months ago that the Tea party protested on the steps of the capitol? Senators even walked through the protestors to get to the capitol and not one violent act occured. I take that back....one man was yelling so hard he spit on a senator. But my point is that we have the right to protest where we want. For the government to inhibit free speech in any area is equal to violating a persons rights.

Protest at capitol

My last point is that if we really thought that TPTB were doing the job we asked them to do, there would not be protests. Just the fact that we feel the need to protest shows that our representatives are failing us. To me that is more important than a burnt-out police car. Hell, the people of Toronto paid for it. Can you arrest someone for burning that which is partially theirs?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by TDotTkatch

Sorry to hear about your Mother and we all wish her the best, I am sure.

In one of your last posts you stated that law enforcment and others have been expecting violence from protestors from the outset. Of course they have! They are the ones who instigated the violence. Every mass protest such as the G8, etc has been plagued by violence that began with agent prov's.

Agent Prov Link

To limit free speech to "free speech zones" in a country that allows free speech anywhere, is a violation of their rights. In the Us, our constitution allows us to bear arms and protect such a right. We obviously dont and I never advocate violence, but at least they have the right to protest anywhere they choose as long as they do not harm anyone.

Even in the U.S., when we protest we keep it civil. Was it not just a couple months ago that the Tea party protested on the steps of the capitol? Senators even walked through the protestors to get to the capitol and not one violent act occured. I take that back....one man was yelling so hard he spit on a senator. But my point is that we have the right to protest where we want. For the government to inhibit free speech in any area is equal to violating a persons rights.

Protest at capitol

My last point is that if we really thought that TPTB were doing the job we asked them to do, there would not be protests. Just the fact that we feel the need to protest shows that our representatives are failing us. To me that is more important than a burnt-out police car. Hell, the people of Toronto paid for it. Can you arrest someone for burning that which is partially theirs?

Right...and what did those protests all accomplish? Nothing. Like I said, people only care about bottom line or intimidation. These types of protests don't encompass any of these features.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by SoulofBlack]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I hope no-one gets hurt............I am having problems getting the live web link is anyone else having problems?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I love how people are saying these violent people are paid by the gov't. haha.
I've been on this site long enough to know that a LOT of people here would join and cause just as much violence for their beliefs. Then quickly say they were "forced" to do so by agitator agents in the crowd. Double Disinfo disinfo agents.

People in crowds can do stupid things, without the government paying them to. Vancouver riots for example: en.wikipedia.org...

Police are standing. Not agitating. Waiting them out.

Protest the fences>???

Burning police cars are the reason the fence stands.

I hope this calms down. I have a LEO friend working there today.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulofBlack

So what is the answer? Peaceful protests are useless. Violent protests are useless. Do we simply stay home and catch Saturday morning cartoons and enjoy a bowl of high fructose corn syrup-injected cereal? Are we simply screwed and should we just go about our lives as usual?

That complacency is what got us in the mess we are in today! I refuse to stand by and let another man direct my life from his comfortable, well-secured office! This protest is not about ridiculous policy or the future of nations. This protest is about one man/men having thier thumbs over the rest of us.

So you find the perfect answer to this. I am willing to compromise on the tactics used to convey our message, but I AM NOT willing to compromise on the final outcome! A world where a man is not free is a world that is in constant war with its self. Thats not a world I want to be a part of.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mainstream media, I know, but Canadian Broadcasting Corp are broadcasting live from the demo.

CBC Live News

If link doesn't work, click on their main site www.cbc.ca... , the tab for live news coverage is on the right hand side.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by LeBombDiggity]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

They could have used skype for free.... maybe the main purpose of these meetings is to let the "small people" know who's boss by meeting in their presence and forcing the "small people" to pick up the $1.2 billion tab....

It's like me and my buddies barging into your home and forcing you to feed us just to show you that we own you.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by SoulofBlack

So what is the answer? Peaceful protests are useless. Violent protests are useless. Do we simply stay home and catch Saturday morning cartoons and enjoy a bowl of high fructose corn syrup-injected cereal? Are we simply screwed and should we just go about our lives as usual?

A world where a man is not free is a world that is in constant war with its self. Thats not a world I want to be a part of.

Wow, see that there? Stay home, catch some cartoons, eat tasty food that will make you fat, because you choose too.
Life as usual.

If that isn't free, I don't know what is.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

My fish can swim where ever they please; so they are free too!

Well as long as they stay in the fish tank

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by starstrings

Canada is a pretty big fish tank to swim in. Apples and oranges.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Great to see Torontonians acting like Montrealers. Don't let these scumbags intimidate you and take away your right to protest! Toronto is just another POS American city. Hey scumbags, come have your G20 in Montreal if you dare.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Evil feeds on good
once it has to feed on evil itself
it disappeares.
The iching the oldest book in the world expresses this at great length because this is an age old problem - tyranny.

Nana bozo got rid of the wendigo (the monster of pure greed ) by getting it to eat itself instaed of him.

These creatures need civilization to exist, take that away
and they are useless as
boobs on a bull...

when evil is branded it thinks of weapons
soon all the combatants have sunk to the level of evil
and evil wins...

we have to quit empowering them
which is only going to happen by accident
because too many people don't have what it takes
and would rather be slow boiled like frogs
( no offence to MR Montreal)
then jump out of the pot
and have to give up their kool aid

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
One billion dollars to destroy free speech and promote the Police State. Hey Poodle Harper, it's time for you to go for a long walk!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What if...... everyone in a country except for essential services just refused to go to work, until their demands were met.

Do you not think that the Government would have to act?

I can't see this happening, but I do think that it would work..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join