It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protest violence escalates in Toronto

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Also, very proud of the Canadians. Passionate people...this would never happen in America in today's age.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, what with the state of the world as it stands now, these bastards talking at their conference table at the G-20 Summit, the citizens are sick and tired and fed up with them screwing us over and over.

It will be surprising if any of the politicians are not killed in this protest gone mad.

I see the Canadians are running rampant and the fight is on.

If we were able to protest Anne Coulter out of the country, I think we can really show the world what a protest is about if this continues.

Unfortunetly, I wish it was peaceful, but either way, if it's anything like the Montreal riot they are in for a HELL of a surprise.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I'd rather see them go barbaric and childish and duke it out instead of sending others to do it for them.

It's always fun though to see this happen. Ukraine's parliament is quite volatile this way, and I believe Japan's?

Someone should do a thread with clips of this happening and call it "How We Would like to See The G8/G20/NWO World Government Run."

reply to post by SoulofBlack

Yes
to Canada!

America is probably more overmedicated than Canada is. Peace, mon.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is my first post ever and hopefully not my last..... i live 20 min from the summit area at Bayview and Cummer... this whole week all i have seen is protesters causing issues i have not seen excessive force from police and i certainly haven't seen the security abusing there power. i have seen protesters going out of there way to antagonist the security and try and break the barriers that were built in the event violence occurred. Its discussing to see people travel all this way in the name of "protest" to just end up destroying my beautiful city, i am 20 years old and i have never seen something like this in my city. For all those who think its the security fault your dead wrong. The police cars were set on fire because they told the protesters they are not allowed to cross a certain line. I bet if this were in the states you would see a lot more force from the security. being fired off into the crowd if something like that happened . TO ALL PROTESTERS SPEAK YOUR MIND , BUT KEEP YOUR VIOLENCE AND FIRE AWAY FROM MY CITY

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDotTkatch
This is my first post ever and hopefully not my last..... i live 20 min from the summit area at Bayview and Cummer... this whole week all i have seen is protesters causing issues i have not seen excessive force from police and i certainly haven't seen the security abusing there power. i have seen protesters going out of there way to antagonist the security and try and break the barriers that were built in the event violence occurred. Its discussing to see people travel all this way in the name of "protest" to just end up destroying my beautiful city, i am 20 years old and i have never seen something like this in my city. For all those who think its the security fault your dead wrong. The police cars were set on fire because they told the protesters they are not allowed to cross a certain line. I bet if this were in the states you would see a lot more force from the security. being fired off into the crowd if something like that happened . TO ALL PROTESTERS SPEAK YOUR MIND , BUT KEEP YOUR VIOLENCE AND FIRE AWAY FROM MY CITY

Your blaming the wrong people.

Who do you think theyse "protestors" who are starting the violence work for?

All protests have people who are paid to incite violence so that the police have an excuse to shut them down.

BTW, why do they get to determine where we can protest from?

I'm a Canadian citizen and we have the right to peacefully assemple without being harrassed by security officials or CSIS.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TDotTkatch

I agree with ya TDot, we are also near TO with a roaming server. But, don't forget they should have kept their foreign troops out of OUR CITY. They have 32 protesters in lockup so far (before they even got there, which is illegal), the illegal arrests should land these cops in the Don lol, but it won't.

Di an Shay.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by dianashay]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is insane!

People are smashing corporate store windows!

4:27 p.m. DeBoer's attacked

Protesters created a big hole in a display window at DeBoer’s, the high-end furniture store on Yonge just south of College. An employee approached the hole and yelled “Stop it”; protesters yelled back, “Move back, honey. We don’t hate you, we just hate the company you work for.” She complied. Protesters also smashed windows at the nearby Bell store, then ransacked it and threw cellphones into the street.

4:24 p.m. Police move north on horseback

20 officers on horseback are riding north on Yonge St. Two police coach buses have assembled at Yonge and Queen as the crowds move north.

4:22p.m. 'Torontonians should be outraged'

Mayor David Miller in an interview with CP24: “We have thousands of people peaceably asserting their democratic right to speak up, and a small, relatively small group, probably a few hundred, mostly people who seem to be not from Toronto, come here to on all evidence commit deliberate acts of violence. I think every Torontonian should be outraged by that.”

4:21 p.m. Zanzibar attacked

A female protester shouted “f-you” in the direction of the Zanzibar strip club, then smashed its window with a baseball bat.

Protesters then began tearing down the letters on Zanzibar’s sign one by one.

They also smashed windows of American Apparel, sending mannequins spilling into the street; protesters began ripping the mannequins apart.

Thestar

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes they do need to make a certain area were you can protest if they expect you to be violent. im not asking for protesters to keep there minds shut and not tell the leaders there mind. but they loose all there privileges when they attack my city there is no excuse for anarchy . you have a problem with it then invite them to your place next year because i can promess you the citizens of this city will never allow it again!

On a side note..... My mother is a very sick women and she needs treatment from Mt.sinai hospital which has been closed down do to violent protests anyone that agrees with this violence makes me sick.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by TDotTkatch]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yes they do need to make a certain area were you can protest if they expect you to be violent. im not asking for protesters to keep there minds shut and not tell the leaders there mind. but they loose all there privileges when they attack my city there is no excuse for anarchy . you have a problem with it then invite them to your place next year because i can promess you the citizens of this city will never allow it again!

Again, you miss the point.

The violence is DELIBERATE, not by protestors, but by the government and the authorities, to LIMIT your ability to protest peacefully.

And no, free speech zones are WRONG.

There would be no violence if the agent provacateurs, paid for by government and big business stayed out of it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

All protests have people who are paid to incite violence so that the police have an excuse to shut them down.

That doesn't disqualify the individuals actions. That would like saying a woman in a low cut mini skirt incited her own rape.

I'm a Canadian citizen and we have the right to peacefully assemple without being harrassed by security officials or CSIS.

~Keeper

Because it's their job to keep dangerous people away from the delegate. From what we've seen so far, the orders to do so were correct.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

That doesn't disqualify the individuals actions. That would like saying a woman in a low cut mini skirt incited her own rape.

~Keeper

Because it's their job to keep dangerous people away from the delegate. From what we've seen so far, the orders to do so were correct.

I agree that the way it's gone now, the security, certainly well warranted and put together.

I just hate the way the whole thing was set up. I'm being emotional in my responses, I must apologize.

CSIS harrassing people 2 months before the meeting.

I knew they were expecting protestors, but this is beyond my imagination.

I hope things die down soon.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I highly doubt any world leader would pay someone to ruin the image of one of there greatest and most profitable Ciitys......that's bad business by a couple of elitists who like to make money......

There you go CP24 just reported they increased the police presents... honestly i hope they just evacuate the delegates and all these protesters can just go home and stop causing problems for my City

[edit on 26-6-2010 by TDotTkatch]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I highly doubt any world leader would pay someone to ruin the image of one of there greatest and most profitable Ciitys......that's bad business by a couple of elitists who like to make money......

Once you spend as much time reading the stuff I have here on ATS and on the internet, you come to realize that a lot of stuff you never thought possible happens everyday..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
does anybody have a guess as to how many
protesters there really are???

And what is the size of the containment force???

and best wishes to those who seek an end to
the NWO and tyranny and enslavement.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
does anybody have a guess as to how many
protesters there really are???

And what is the size of the containment force???

and best wishes to those who seek an end to
the NWO and tyranny and enslavement.

CBC says the number of protestors is about 10 thousand.

I don't know about the security forces, I dont' think they would make the number public.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

This is my first time posting, but i have been reading for 4 years. I have read enough to understand what CAN happen but like i have stated i have seen this with my own eyes. CP24 has been mentioning for weeks how anarchy groups plan to attack.....you entitled to search for a reason and proof of these "Agents " but personally all i can focus on is all this violence happening 20 min away from my home..

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The way I see it, the protesters are totally peaceful.

A few fires or smashed windows, that's nothing.

A real protest uses weaponry. Oh wait thats a outright revolt.

It will get there one day, just be patient.

Me personally? I may be running to the hills, literally. I avoid stuff like this...

link   

CBC says the number of protestors is about 10 thousand.

I don't know about the security forces, I dont' think they would make the number public.

~Keeper

thanks Keeper

10K can do a hell of a lot of damage
and they do not have the facilities on hand
to arrest them all.

link   

This is my first time posting, but i have been reading for 4 years. I have read enough to understand what CAN happen but like i have stated i have seen this with my own eyes. CP24 has been mentioning for weeks how anarchy groups plan to attack.....you entitled to search for a reason and proof of these "Agents " but personally all i can focus on is all this violence happening 20 min away from my home..

Don't worry friend, I lived in Toronto for a long time, and I love the city.

It's sad they've had to get violent, but I don't think it was avoidable this time.

I wonder how bad it would have been had the meeting been in NY or some other large American City..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm all for the peaceful protests but peace isn't going to send a message when they barricade people out with our money. We have to pay the deficit and pay $1 billion for the security?

Now that is something to protest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join