It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator introduces legislation to shift tax burden back to billionaires

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
You haven't posted any links that tie directly to the IRS data, just a bunch of propaganda garbage put out for suckers like you. Sure they are based on cherry picked date from the IRS that they then twist to falsely skew the data. The second link you provide adds the footnote that clearly points out the deception.

You are funny.
There is no cherry picking or deception, only your ability to not understand facts. Keep your head in the ground, it suits you.

What direct links to the IRS? Did the IRS change their name to the "Moderate Independent"?
No spin there.

[edit on 6/27/2010 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

What you describe sounds like communism to me.

Why should we all pay an equal percentage of taxes to the federal government when we don't all get the same amount of service from the federal government?

Once again, you refuse to answer my question.

What does the average worker get in return for their tax dollars paid to the federal government?

I have already explained what the rich get from the federal government.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

If you bothered to follow the link I provided that proves your tax distribution claim to be a bunch of nonsense, you would see the link it provides.

What part of the fact that you are crying about grade school kids and retirees not paying their fair share of taxes do you not get?

You have been so completely suckered by propagandists like Rush, that even when presented with the truth about what nonsense you are being fed, you refuse to look at the reality.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

We already understand that the top 50% wage earners pay 96% of all taxes,

Where do you get this nonsense from, as this claim is totally false.

It is not the top 50% of wage earners, but the top 50% of income earners, which is a huge difference.

Retirees are income earners.

Grade school kids with banking accounts are income earners.

Are you so stupid that when the truth is pointed out to you are unable to recognize it, or are you so morally bankrupt, you don't mind claiming grade school kids as tax deadbeats?

As we leave them an enormous national debt and horribly polluted planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Where do you get this nonsense from, as this claim is totally false.

Oh boy, you really are ignorant.
Here is the direct IRS link since none of your posts contained one:
IRS tax table

Here is the screenshot from the link:

Waiting for your apology.......Be a man and admit your information from liberal websites are wrong and your entire way of thinking is a little skewed.

[edit on 6/27/2010 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

No, you are the one who doesn't get it. Your link backs up my claim.

You are reporting income earners, which includes every kid with a savings account and all retirees, with maybe a few exceptions.

Once again, do you really think grade school kids and retirees should be designated as tax deadbeats?

What is the average worker get from the federal government for the taxes they pay?

It is clear you prefer to remain clueless.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No, you are the one who doesn't get it. Your link backs up my claim.

Wow! ok, what about the bald one-armed man who had to walk through 6 feet of snow with no shoes.

Keep living in your fantasy world Mr. clueless.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Now you are just being silly.

Do you know how many parents start bank accounts for their children that report income to the IRS?

A heck of a lot of them.

Face it, you were hoodwinked by these cherry picked and distorted records.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You had said, "To me the difference between a billionaire... and another person... is nothing, no difference at all."

The story was to illustrate that there are differences between billionaires and those of considerably less wealth. To me, they are not the same. There's a reason there are references to the "little people", the "small people", the "haves and have mores".

If you want "the same", that is communism. I would prefer the old style brand of American capitalism, the kind that made post WW2 economy robust, where the wealth discrepancy of the owner of the capital and those who helped the owner obtain his wealth was not as great as it has gotten.

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded". Luke 12:48 . Apparently there must be a newer American version, rewrite. "For everyone who has been given much, more will be given."

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by KATSUO

Originally posted by KATSUO
I think camero68 is full of it..
if you and your dad are so rich, and you have a high end education..

why dont you know the difference between their and there?

not that im stalking you or anything, but I ws reading this other thread and
recognized you avatar..
you and your daddy own privet..LOLOL -private- property..
and you cant pay a simple 550 fine..
you do realize they will work out payment plans..
usually $50 a month.. zero interest. right?

sorry camaro68.. now I know that you are full of it..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
$550 and the judge wont give me a reduction. I CANT PAY IT. i dont know what to do..... i work, i cant do comunity service with out losing my job. i've cut everything but my cheap cell phone bill, house bill and food. cant be done!!

i never said me and my dad i said my dad ownes a company. i work for him. i dont get paid crazy amounts of money. my house payment is $2,015 a month. leaves very little money for me. because my dad is rich doesent mean i am.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

i never said me and my dad i said my dad ownes a company. i work for him. i dont get paid crazy amounts of money. my house payment is $2,015 a month. leaves very little money for me. because my dad is rich doesent mean i am.

Should have bought something a little more within your means then! Then maybe you could afford to be held accountable for your illegal activities.

By the way, it's a BOLT action rifle. BOLT... action. I'd have given you a typo if d was anywhere near t, but how can you want something that you don't even know what it is? lol

Too much partisan bickering going on, once again.

Plain and simple, a tax on billionaires is brilliant. Tax 60% of their income, hell... do 90%. Does anyone realize how rich you'd STILL be if you were a BILLIONAIRE and they took 90% No one reading this board gets it, I'm sure of that.

If anyone can carry the burden, it is a billionaire. The OP kept saying that taxing an individual differently then another is unfair and in most cases that is absolutely correct, but not in this case. Look at what Bill Gates is doing. He's asking for HALF of all their wealth to go to some b/s non-profit charities while our country is falling apart. What if all billionaires agreed to give half their wealth to the national debt? Sure don't ever see that happening, most likely because there's no tax write off!

Every day the "poor" are doing things like working at your gas stations making sure you get gas, stocking the shelves so you can buy groceries, transporting goods so you can buy a TV... people forget that this country is only as strong as its working class and we've been destroying our working class for decades.

We even have egotistical engineers in here making over 100K defending these billionaires.. it's sad. They don't care about you, and never will.

When Warren Buffet's secretary is taxed more than Warren Buffet himself, there is an injustice going on in the world. Arguing with internet strangers about your paycheck won't fix that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Ron Paul is a free market communist, and wants to sell our nations public assets, like our drinking water, to private corporations. That makes him completely messed up in my opinion.

are you saying ron paul is ok with a private company having their own wator reservoir so they can make sure it is even more pure then our government would (flouride) and he is ok with the government having their own water also? and are you saying that ONLY the government has the right to dispense 'clean' water? or perhaps your meaning that ron paul wants ONLY one or the other party being government/private corps, to have rights to dispense 'clean' water, which is it man?

i think it is obviously best for government AND free market private or public organizations to collect, purify, clean, and dispense their own water however they choose, ALL this water should of course be cross checked and studied to be sure of purity, how to do this is the difficult part. to put it simply we'll never trust each other. but through experience we'll find the more pure water, instead of allowing the government to have the monopoly on our life source.

poet you said he wants to sell these things to the free market, well you didnt say he wants to give over exclusive rights to it, which is it? and whats wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter

Should have bought something a little more within your means then! Then maybe you could afford to be held accountable for your illegal activities.

By the way, it's a BOLT action rifle. BOLT... action. I'd have given you a typo if d was anywhere near t, but how can you want something that you don't even know what it is? lol

Too much partisan bickering going on, once again.

Plain and simple, a tax on billionaires is brilliant. Tax 60% of their income, hell... do 90%. Does anyone realize how rich you'd STILL be if you were a BILLIONAIRE and they took 90% No one reading this board gets it, I'm sure of that.

If anyone can carry the burden, it is a billionaire. The OP kept saying that taxing an individual differently then another is unfair and in most cases that is absolutely correct, but not in this case. Look at what Bill Gates is doing. He's asking for HALF of all their wealth to go to some b/s non-profit charities while our country is falling apart. What if all billionaires agreed to give half their wealth to the national debt? Sure don't ever see that happening, most likely because there's no tax write off!

Every day the "poor" are doing things like working at your gas stations making sure you get gas, stocking the shelves so you can buy groceries, transporting goods so you can buy a TV... people forget that this country is only as strong as its working class and we've been destroying our working class for decades.

We even have egotistical engineers in here making over 100K defending these billionaires.. it's sad. They don't care about you, and never will.

When Warren Buffet's secretary is taxed more than Warren Buffet himself, there is an injustice going on in the world. Arguing with internet strangers about your paycheck won't fix that.

Im sorry i have a hard time spelling! I was deaf for the first ten years of my life till my family could afford surgery. That set me back during my important stages of learning how to read and write. Since then I learned how to spell by how the word looks rather than pronouncing it out. Sorry I’m not perfect like you. And yes my family was poor growing up. The business did not start to boom till about 10 years ago. I’m now 24.

Yes I know my gun. I grew up around guns. I’m sorry I spelt it wrong. Why is it everyone take it upon themselves to talk down to people and make them feel stupid? I CANT SPELL!!! It doesn’t make me stupid. I can argue a point just like you can. I’m sorry I’m not perfect.

It all comes down to less taxes means more business. Taking estate money that has already been taxed is wrong no matter how “RICH” they are.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

No, what I am saying is that Ron Paul wants to sell the control of water to private sources.

It has nothing to do with purification, it has everything to do with private interests controlling critical resources that should never be allowed.

As an example, a company bought a community well in a third world nation from some local government authority. Suddenly villagers who have been getting water from that well for hundreds, if not thousands, of years, were expected to pay that corporation for the water from the well.

If you don't see how messed up this attempt by corporations to buy that which they have no right to own is, then you are sadly clueless.

The corporation didn't create the well, nor improve the well, all they did is get some local warlord to force people to start paying for something that they have more right to use than the corporation itself.

What you really refuse to grasp, is that there is no such thing as a free market. It is communism using a different name.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Ok. An epiphany. Ron Paul. Privatize water. The John Birch Society. JBS backs RP. JBS "Fluoride in water is a Communist plot!"--what I remember hearing as a child in 1950s-60s! Above poster makes reference to fluoride/water.

JBS backs Tea Party. RP JBS TPM.

Jeezus! No wonder these TPM-JBS-RP think the POTUS is a Communist! They're kooks!! They were kooks in the 1950s, they're kooks today!

This movement is (and always has been!) running on pure paranoia! Fear fear fear. Be afraid, be very afraid. If you're not one of us (true patriot, God fearing), you're one of them (Godless Communist...or whatever they've changed it to these days...liberal!).

And civil rights? I remember in the 1960s JBS thought the civil rights movement was a communist plot. No wonder Rand Paul said what he said.

Jeezoo, no wonder those Tea Partiers looked familiar.

Instead of reigning in these people (as conservative Buckley tried to espouse), the GOP used them to extend their base. And with 30 years of creeping (creepy) authoritarianism, get in line, don't speak out attitude of the GOP, no wonder these people have the political/media power they do.

These people were the perfect foils (fools) to be used to increase corporate power in Washington. Little wonder the public opinion of taxes has changed over the years.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It all comes down to less taxes means more business. Taking estate money that has already been taxed is wrong no matter how “RICH” they are.

Then how do you explain that the United States taxes corporations higher than any other nation but the corporate economy is stronger here than anywhere else?

Seems as if it isn't as simple as a partisan talking point.... things usually aren't.

And everyone gets their money taxed and then taxed again, that's kind of how the system works! For everyone... Sales tax, income tax, local tax, property taxes, gas tax, etc.

Simple fact is: if American billionaires can give away HALF of their ENTIRE wealth... then they can also pay a slightly higher tax rate. That's where the money is, and sits, and compounds on itself... is with the billionaires. So fugg the not-so-sneaky tax write off that comes with giving money to NPOs and fix our country, billionaires, if you're feeling philanthropic!!! (not holding breath)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Yeah, you got it, now they got Sarah Palin getting ready to run for president on the GOP ticket.

Serves em right.

There are a lot of libertarian opinions that I share, but RP and the free market is not one of them. Legalize cannabis and end the war on drugs, and stop illegal immigration and reduce overall immigration until the economy improves are things I agree with, but I also want to end corporate welfare and of course make the super rich, the top .001% start paying their fair share of taxes again.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh, Popeye!

I wondered how these people kept saying how "the liberals" (i.e. ANYONE to their left) hated George Bush, hated America, hated Sarah Palin. It's because they themselves are so hate filled that they assume everyone is!

The extreme left hasn't been alive since the late 1970s, the same time the extreme right was seeing an opening via the right's call to fundamentalism. Wow, even Ronald Reagan realized something was not quite right with them. I swear I found this after my prior post.

And this from the source
'Reagan began disclaiming "labels" of all kinds, and disavowed support from "any blocs or groups." '
So, in order to gather anyone into their tent, it was the GOP who relied on "Political Correctness"!

So Reagan established the guidelines of not labeling people, so the party would not offend their kooks. And with moderate party members being coerced to get in line and stick to the talking points (which were ways to frame the issues), good people did nothing and idiocy triumphed.

And with increased corporate lobbying, of course the small govt (i.e. less regulation/oversight) and privatization extremists were encouraged to flourish and spread their good news.

But of course, with the privatization of (non-profit) government functions (including war!), tax dollars could flow to (for profit) corporations. What an ingenious scenario!

These JBS-RP-TPM people are being used as corporate shills. Their causes are the new "wedges" to keep citizens afraid, and under the yoke of corporate control and oppression. Yeah, they're kooks all right.

Oh, one more thing, in 1980 I found myself agreeing with an elderly lady broadcasting from the Republican convention. But she said her voice wasn't being heard there. Like the extreme left, her voice was silenced, too.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter

Then how do you explain that the United States taxes corporations higher than any other nation but the corporate economy is stronger here than anywhere else?

Seems as if it isn't as simple as a partisan talking point.... things usually aren't.

And everyone gets their money taxed and then taxed again, that's kind of how the system works! For everyone... Sales tax, income tax, local tax, property taxes, gas tax, etc.

Simple fact is: if American billionaires can give away HALF of their ENTIRE wealth... then they can also pay a slightly higher tax rate. That's where the money is, and sits, and compounds on itself... is with the billionaires. So fugg the not-so-sneaky tax write off that comes with giving money to NPOs and fix our country, billionaires, if you're feeling philanthropic!!! (not holding breath)

yeah your right. lets Tax the S*** out of them and that will make the GDP grow. great idea. lets tax like 90% give it all to the goverment so they can P*** it away and dont have to be audited for it. Or at least give it to all the poor people so they dont ever have to work again. and i can start a unicorn ranch were rainbows and fairys are a daily sight.

you know why europe is not growing. because they are taxed to H*** and back. the reson we are so well off is when the USA was founded and started to boom companys were not taxed a arm and a leg, that was back in the boom times. hummmm boom times their were less taxes..... i wonder if that means anything.....

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

What boom times are you talking about, once again, you have been fooled into believing total lies.

The boom times of the sixties and the nineties, which are the best economic times in the history of the U.S., were periods when the rich paid high taxes.

What the people who feed these lies to you want is to force the middle class to pay for the federal government, even though the federal government primarily serves the needs of the super rich.

Haven't you noticed that the people who support huge tax cuts for the super rich, only then go on to increase the size of the government through debt?

Why do they do this?

Because the super rich need to the government to aid them in their plundering of the people of the U.S.. They don't create the wealth, they steal it through crooked schemes that are allowed by people like you who buy into the propaganda crap put out by people like Rush, and all of his ilk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join